BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: holdbacks
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Maryland people are just as crazy as the long islanders but your. Kids aren’t as good!haha!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You Maryland people are just as crazy as the long islanders but your. Kids aren’t as good!haha!
Thanks, Anthony.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is so toxic.

I’m not sure why it even exists but there are some big time angry parents here lol.

Keep posting though - it’s amusing.

Only thing more toxic is 13 year olds playing vs 11 year olds and parents saying it’s within the rules.

Hey Karen, maybe if you get a sex change operation for your son Chubby he might make a girls AAA elite team in Idaho. Keep those outdated memes coming, little man. LoL

Whether it's due to academics or athletics, I love people trying to justify that their kid JUST couldn't cut-it, on-age.

It's my favorite thing to laugh at on the sidelines. Other than the super old dads in their "cool" team-store quarter-zips and boat shoes.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nu_UquJUg8Y/maxresdefault.jpg

This is one of the better comments. Well Done ..waiting now for the holdback apologists empire to strike back

This whole argument is just beating a dead horse.
If a parents want to hold a kid back prefirst for “academic or maturity” reasons, so be it. But to then hold back again for lacrosse is a DB move. They know it. We know it. Everyone knows it.

If they would only post rosters with birthdays of each kid on each team in the HOCO league. This toxic thread would go away because the parents of said older kid would be embarrassed at how big a DB the kid is acting like when he torches someone a year or two younger and acts like he did something special. And then all the parents that don’t like holdbacks could yell at his parents for being DB’s.
That, my friends, would be awesome.

Posting names and birthdays of minor children? Sounds like something a child sexual predator might say. You wouldn't happen to be a catholic priest would you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is so toxic.

I’m not sure why it even exists but there are some big time angry parents here lol.

Only thing more toxic is 13 year olds playing vs 11 year olds and parents saying it’s within the rules.

Hey Karen, maybe if you get a sex change operation for your son Chubby he might make a girls AAA elite team in Idaho. Keep those outdated memes coming, little man. LoL

Whether it's due to academics or athletics, I love people trying to justify that their kid JUST couldn't cut-it, on-age.

It's my favorite thing to laugh at on the sidelines. Other than the super old dads in their "cool" team-store quarter-zips and boat shoes.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nu_UquJUg8Y/maxresdefault.

This is one of the better comments. Well Done ..waiting now for the holdback apologists empire to strike back

Yes, it is a good comment, representative of all wife-beater T-shirt wearing, beer belly Public School dads who act like Neanderthals at any youth sports events they attend. And let’s not forget their wildebeest spouses.
Thank goodness for Maryland’s top quality Private schools.

Shouldn't you be looking down and degrading the masses while standing on the prow of your yacht in an attitude of rapaciously aspirational entitlement while wearing your cool team store quarter zip and boat shoes . Or are you more a sweaterdouche type guy instead of quarter-zip ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is so toxic.

Yes, it is a good comment, representative of all wife-beater T-shirt wearing, beer belly Public School dads who act like Neanderthals at any youth sports events they attend. And let’s not forget their wildebeest spouses.

Shouldn't you be looking down and degrading the masses while standing on the prow of your yacht in an attitude of rapaciously aspirational entitlement while wearing your cool team store quarter zip and boat shoes . Or are you more a sweaterdouche type guy instead of quarter-zip ?

How long did it take you to find all those words over four-letters? LoL
I’m sure you had hours and hours of help from Grammarly and the low class ‘brain trust’ you call your family. Congratulations, you can now finish off that six-pack of Bud Light you bought for breakfast.
As an aside, I want to help you with some basic fashion and hygiene advice: change your T-shirt occasionally or if it’s the only one you own; at least have the wildebeest wash it when you are passed out in front of the TV at night. Good- luck!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is so toxic.

How long did it take you to find all those words over four-letters? LoL
I’m sure you had hours and hours of help from Grammarly and the low class ‘brain trust’ you call your family. Congratulations, you can now finish off that six-pack of Bud Light you bought for breakfast.
As an aside, I want to help you with some basic fashion and hygiene advice: change your T-shirt occasionally or if it’s the only one you own; at least have the wildebeest wash it when you are passed out in front of the TV at night. Good- luck!

Sorry , didnt mean to offend . My bad not recognizing at first you were a Paul and Shark sweaterdouche guy. Relax, get some matching Vineyard Vines T-shirts to go with that Brooks Brother Navy Blazer. Live a little

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

Let’s get back to basics:
Playing down is for the weak
Playing up or on age is for the strong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

holdbacks are ruining youth lacrosse , much much more threat than this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

Let’s get back to basics:
Playing down is for the weak

Playing up or on age is for the strong

Fact

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

The people running lacrosse is ruining it by allowing it. They need to Go birth year based like other sports do, and not school grad year. Period. It’s out of hand now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to ruin the thread.

The people running lacrosse is ruining it by allowing it. They need to Go birth year based like other sports do, and not school grad year. Period. It’s out of hand now.

holdbacks have been around McD, BL, StP.Gil , etc for years now. Never made a difference at youth lacrosse as all youth lacrosse was by age and private schools played each others holdbacks and prefirsts in middle school and HS.

Clubs , Mainly Crabs along with a couple others 7-10 years ago as clubs were exploding everywhere decided to go grade base with the notIntelligent HoCO league leading the way. Of course HoCo league while all Howard County teams were age based decided to have a grade based league. No one could figure it out until the guy running it for HoCO was discovered to have a holdback son playing.

HOCO and Howard County should go down as Hall Of Shame for helping ruin Youth lacrosse in MD which spread to other states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you parents in Maryland do your kids a favor, throw their lax gear away and buy them a dirt bike they will be happier!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What date is proposed when talking about cutoff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

September 31st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is gonna be a 364 day natural advantage for someone no matter where you split it.

So just make it easy on everyone. Parents, coaches, kids, tourney directors.

Make it Jan 1. Go by actual birth year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, that’s when all the kids turn into frogs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is gonna be a 364 day natural advantage for someone no matter where you split it.

Racist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you parents in Maryland do your kids a favor, throw their lax gear away and buy them a dirt bike they will be happier!

The only thing getting ridden near a lacrosse field in MD is your wife. And yes, she would be much happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Racist.

Do you mean Ageist? Agree with poster, go by 1/1, the actual birth year like they do in other youth sports. Once HS hits, all heck with holdbacks happens and kids start playing with older/bigger kids anyways. However , they should get some what of a handle on it in the youth ages when kids are still growing and developing. Make it more fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Racist.

Do you mean Ageist? Agree with poster, go by 1/1, the actual birth year like they do in other youth sports. Once HS hits, all heck with holdbacks happens and kids start playing with older/bigger kids anyways. However , they should get some what of a handle on it in the youth ages when kids are still growing and developing. Make it more fair.

No they don't. Age dates are all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Racist.

Sept 1 is the usual date as it corresponds with majority of school districts. Yes, I know some districts in NY are Dec 1..but most are before that and around Sept 1.

Real simple as it used to be. 9/1. But lets hear from holdback apologists how unfair that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland, HMM, trash of the south!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I’ve seen 1/1, 12/1, 9/1. Anyone else? Glad it’s so easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what happens when a team is playing together for years and they get to the year where the kids born in the fall all go to HS ? Doesn't really seem fair. Maybe that is how soccer does it. My son plays football, they do Sept 1st I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what happens when a team is playing together for years and they get to the year where the kids born in the fall all go to HS ? Doesn't really seem fair. Maybe that is how soccer does it. My son plays football, they do Sept 1st I believe.

Racist.

Sept 1 is the usual date as it corresponds with majority of school districts. Yes, I know some districts in NY are Dec 1..but most are before that and around Sept 1.

Real simple as it used to be. 9/1. But lets hear from holdback apologists how unfair that is.

What's your argument against using the actual birth date of the player? Get older and move on to the next age group.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Soccer has been like that for several years. The age cutoff is 1/1. The first year of the change was a bit disruptive, but everyone got on with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I’ve seen 1/1, 12/1, 9/1. Anyone else? Glad it’s so easy.

Most school districts start their school within a couple months of each other. Earliest is Sept 1 and latest Dec 1 . That is all thru the nation. Make it Sept 1 to Dec 1 or whatever you want for your community within that range. US lacrosse could come out with something like that .

That is the way it was for years. NY teams were a month or two younger than MD teams. Wasnt that much chatter.

What is going on now at youth is totally out of control with ages.

Even a few years ago when you had the U9, U11, U13, U15 ...First year you were going against older players, next year you were on the older side. The late birthdays did sometimes struggle, but with holdbacks, the late birthdays are never going to get on a good youth team.

Now, holdbacks are always the oldest the entire time of youth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of late birthdays on good youth teams.
Stop using the age of your kid as a reason he isn’t excelling.

I totally think holdbacks are unfair and need to be removed ASAP but changing to age based isn’t making a mediocre kid who can’t make an elite team a superstar.

What it will do is take these star holdbacks and make them look quite average when they play on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just go back to pee-wee tyker, lightning, [ChillLaxin] and junior 2-year model.
One year you kid gets challenged, the next they are the stud.
All parents are happy, every other year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me tell you all about soccer! What a donk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No chance when there is money to be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No chance when there is money to be made.

100%

Remember, most of these people who are running event companies and private club programs are former lax players/coaches. They have no other real appreciable skills. Their only means to income is to scare, pressure and bilk parents. Promises of grandeur.
They would starve if they worked in the real world.
It appears, "Those who can't, run lacrosse programs."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What people often miss in this discussion is that there are enough of these older kids to form 1-2 “elite” teams in any age group/region. But there aren’t enough to support a whole top tier division.

So what happens? A few teams dominate the top divisions against teams that have some, but not as many, older kids

And the lacrosse games aren’t competitive.

As a result, kids in the top half of the talent curve simply dont develop as well because they are not challenging themselves or playing competitive games. Both the winners and losers in the elite, AAAA and AAA divisions suffer.

And because of this talent gap, lacrosse continues to be a small, regional-sport. Not growing the way others are.

This is one thing soccer gets right. Age-based is the way to go if you want to grow the game and raise the bar for the sport as a whole, across the country. That only happens with ensuring competitive games for the bulk of the kids and pushing the top kids to challenge themselves by playing up, not down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What people often miss in this discussion is that there are enough of these older kids to form 1-2 “elite” teams in any age group/region. But there aren’t enough to support a whole top tier division.

So what happens? A few teams dominate the top divisions against teams that have some, but not as many, older kids

As a result, kids in the top half of the talent curve simply dont develop as well because they are not challenging themselves or playing competitive games. Both the winners and losers in the elite, AAAA and AAA divisions suffer.

And because of this talent gap, lacrosse continues to be a small, regional-sport. Not growing the way others are.

This is one thing soccer gets right. Age-based is the way to go if you want to grow the game and raise the bar for the sport as a whole, across the country. That only happens with ensuring competitive games for the bulk of the kids and pushing the top kids to challenge themselves by playing up, not down.

Excellent points. I vote for the age cutoff to be my kid's birthdate. All in favor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent points. I vote for the age cutoff to be my kid's birthdate. All in favor?

Spoken like a true holdback apologist. Age is the way of youth athletics , but it wouldnt let select players ( mainly prep school ) play down in age and dominate.

My feeling are, if you cant change to age based, then let everyone play down a grade if on age, That way you give the parents the choice to play with the holdbacks or not. Seems fair to me. Why let holdbacks and prefirsts get a advantage others dont. Youth is about attempting to make it a somewhat even playing field or same rules for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true holdback apologist. Age is the way of youth athletics , but it wouldnt let select players ( mainly prep school ) play down in age and dominate.

My feeling are, if you cant change to age based, then let everyone play down a grade if on age, That way you give the parents the choice to play with the holdbacks or not. Seems fair to me. Why let holdbacks and prefirsts get a advantage others dont. Youth is about attempting to make it a somewhat even playing field or same rules for all.

Can’t you do that in local Rec leagues ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The age cutoff date is irrelevant. Jan 1, Sept 1, whatever. Max 364 day difference is better than the 2 year max difference as it currently stands. It will make games and divisions much closer. And the tournament/league directors will have to add a division to handle the oldest kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What people often miss in this discussion is that there are enough of these older kids to form 1-2 “elite” teams in any age group/region. But there aren’t enough to support a whole top tier division.

“Even playing field,” spoken like a true demented neo-xtian Progressive Liberal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do holdbacks have to wear those special padded helmets in the classroom. First time through a grade was hard enough. Don't want any injury's the 2nd time though.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard