BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,976
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 160 of 320 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 319 320
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curley 12-6 over Indian Creek in the "B" Championship. Yessah. No holdback, no out of state kids, nobody live with coach. The way it should be

Spot on.

But you dislike your own kid? Why would you send them to Curley?

My own kid doesn’t go to Curley. I wasn’t aware having a kid at a certain school was a prerequisite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one wants to send their kid from another state to play for …… Curley

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early pre-season predictions:
Spal Finally takes the ship after a long season of ups and downs
CH Loses in ship due to having too many players that are BK's favorites instead of deserving
McD Loses in QT as they are overrated at offense and find a way to lose as always, Boy wonder shoots 50 shots with none going in.
St P Predators have them back in the mix, still need work
Gil On the rise with some good sophs
LB Another year of me ball . with another year of loses.
StM Overrated and will be lucky to beat Sev
Sev Talent gone
JC Back to Bottom after a couple of promising years
MSJ Bottom Feeding like usual

If Spalding could not take the championship with last year's cupcake schedule, I don't know what to tell you. Hey, it was a good run. And that win against CHC was solid gold and a fun little tarnish in BK's crown, so kudos on that one.

LB had a decent season and just couldn't close the deal vs. BL in playoffs, winning at halftime with BL unable to get anything going.....but BL made good adjustments and owned the second half I think 5-0 which gave them the W.

Predators have the potential to do something with StP but that's as yet unproven. It could go the way of Koopers who in the end developed more 2nd line Loyola players than St Pauls players, despite the St Pauls ties.
I thought private schools especially the Catholic ones got rid of Predators..Disturbing to know they are back at St Paul’s…

Predators?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH Loses in ship due to having too many players that are BK's favorites instead of deserving
McD Loses in QT as they are overrated at offense and find a way to lose as always, Boy wonder shoots 50 shots with none going in.
Sev Talent gone

If Spalding could not take the championship with last year's cupcake schedule, I don't know what to tell you. Hey, it was a good run. And that win against CHC was solid gold and a fun little tarnish in BK's crown, so kudos on that one.

LB had a decent season and just couldn't close the deal vs. BL in playoffs, winning at halftime with BL unable to get anything going.....but BL made good adjustments and owned the second half I think 5-0 which gave them the W.

Predators have the potential to do something with StP but that's as yet unproven. It could go the way of Koopers who in the end developed more 2nd line Loyola players than St Pauls players, despite the St Pauls ties.
I thought private schools especially the Catholic ones got rid of Predators..Disturbing to know they are back at St Paul’s…

Sorta odd remark to make fun of? Might want to go back to Sunday School and learn your Saints. St Pauls is not Catholic BTW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sev Talent gone

Predators?

#1 club in the state.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curley 12-6 over Indian Creek in the "B" Championship. Yessah. No holdback, no out of state kids, nobody live with coach. The way it should be

Curley being mentioned is hilarious. The “champs” lost to Spalding, Severn, and MSJ by a combined 40 goals last season. Apples and oranges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curley being mentioned is hilarious. The “champs” lost to Spalding, Severn, and MSJ by a combined 40 goals last season. Apples and oranges.

That is the difference between teams that play with holdbacks and those who have none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the difference between teams that play with holdbacks and those who have none.

These are high schoolers. The holdback issue doesn’t apply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it doesn't.

I detest holdbacks at the youth level. If that is a worry for you in High School this might not be the sport for you and your daughter. It's 4 years worth of kids thrown to the wolves to sink or swim.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it doesn't.

I detest holdbacks at the youth level. If that is a worry for you in High School this might not be the sport for you and your daughter. It's 4 years worth of kids thrown to the wolves to sink or swim.

It's not a concern. This is just what happens when teams with mostly all holdbacks plays a team with slim to none at the HS level.

It's not a complaint. Its just an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it doesn't.

It's not a concern. This is just what happens when teams with mostly all holdbacks plays a team with slim to none at the HS level.

It's not a complaint. Its just an example.

I generally agree with you re: holdbacks, but I really don't think that's the deciding factor for a team like Curley. They lost to MSJ by 12 last year. I really doubt MSJ has many holdbacks, it any. Curley's squad just simply isn't as talented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, It is HS ..but a few years ago , I was watching BL play in MIAA with Shack and company. What a High School Team, as well it should have been as the majority of players should have been Freshman in college. A Team of College Freshman should beat HS students any day...frankly should be easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never claimed they were better than any A teams which is why I said they will win the B conference. Try to keep up. The thread is Boys High School so whether you play for Calvert Hal, Curley or Cacoctin this is where you talk about it, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 4 years worth of kids thrown to the wolves to sink or swim.

Well, more like 5 or 6 years' worth of kids. But yeah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never claimed they were better than any A teams which is why I said they will win the B conference. Try to keep up. The thread is Boys High School so whether you play for Calvert Hal, Curley or Cacoctin this is where you talk about it, right?

I keep up just fine. You brought the A teams in when you talked about “the way it should be”
My point is that they aren’t playing the same sport as those that are a bit older and supplemented with out of state players.
Curley wouldn’t beat the above average public schools. Would get blown out by the best PS. Better academics at many PS also but who cares about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I keep up just fine. You brought the A teams in when you talked about “the way it should be”
My point is that they aren’t playing the same sport as those that are a bit older and supplemented with out of state players.
Curley wouldn’t beat the above average public schools. Would get blown out by the best PS. Better academics at many PS also but who cares about that.
I love when BL and CHC parents get on here and toot their own horns about how great they are in lax...... You really should because all other sports at your schools suuuuuuck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love when BL and CHC parents get on here and toot their own horns about how great they are in lax...... You really should because all other sports at your schools suuuuuuck
Calvert Hall has arguably the best overall athletics in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC won the MIAA football and soccer championships this fall, and baseball in the Spring. Be better at insults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola 6th grader has entered the chat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's easier at an all-boys school their size. With their favorable demographics and huge enrollment numbers, they should be in hunt for every sport. I personally thought they should have done better than a 6 seed in lax this past year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s the biggest all boys school in maryland. I would think so for boys sports. Not hard to do with numbers they have. A lot of parents drinking the koolaid to say their kid won championship but never saw the playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s the biggest all boys school in maryland. I would think so for boys sports. Not hard to do with numbers they have. A lot of parents drinking the koolaid to say their kid won championship but never saw the playing field.

No one is arguing that CHC doesn't have built-in advantages - that's not the point. The point is that CHC athletics don't "suuuuuck"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have over 130 kids in their lacrosse program. A lot of kids never see the playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is arguing that CHC doesn't have built-in advantages - that's not the point. The point is that CHC athletics don't "suuuuuck"
They will let anyone in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will let anyone in.

True.
My kid's friend is nice, but not academically sound. He's currently enrolled there. He didn't get into any other schools. He hopes to transfer to one of his top choice high schools next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember who your dealing with on here! Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will let anyone in.

True.
My kid's friend is nice, but not academically sound. He's currently enrolled there. He didn't get into any other schools. He hopes to transfer to one of his top choice high schools next year.

Sorta True, You do need to be able to spell your name correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. They will let anyone in.

Sorta True, You do need to be able to spell your name correctly.

No true. FCA. Just cradle ball. Run fast. Coach pray. Me then do good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CHC won the MIAA football and soccer championships this fall, and baseball in the Spring. Be better at insults.

Better hope the lax team is holding indoor practice or they gonna finish 6th again this year. One team is letting you know they are holding practice every week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love when BL and CHC parents get on here and toot their own horns about how great they are in lax...... You really should because all other sports at your schools suuuuuuc

Better hope the lax team is holding indoor practice or they gonna finish 6th again this year. One team is letting you know they are holding practice every week.

What Team? I thought there are rules when you can start MIAA season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Annapolis box league looking this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet the kids detest attending CHC. You may as well send you kid to Towson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet the kids detest attending CHC. You may as well send you kid to Towson.

Whats wrong with CH ?? Thought it was good education there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like SG has their whole season relying on one kid.
Can one kid take them to the promise land????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like SG has their whole season relying on one kid.

LJ takes them to the ship this year. Mark it 8 Dude ....Heard it here first !

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the HS. "In the past few recruiting cycles, which MIAA HS has players at: Yale, UPenn, Cornell, Georgetown, Hopkins, Lehigh, Duke, Denver, UVA, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Maryland, and Penn State?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Spalding has their whole season relying on one kid.

"Here I come to save the day" - Mighty Mouse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the HS. "In the past few recruiting cycles, which MIAA HS has players at: Yale, UPenn, Cornell, Georgetown, Hopkins, Lehigh, Duke, Denver, UVA, UNC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Maryland, and Penn State?"

...and 3 Championships... and a CM Kelly... and team of the decade... and coach of the decade...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curley didn't win the B Championship. They lost 15-10 to Friends.

Like Reply Quote
Page 160 of 320 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 319 320
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard