BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 32 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG would be mid tier in Baltimore. Pride beat them by a couple and Pride is still a level below Hero’s and M&D.

That may be true, but who would want to live in or near that cesspool?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG would be mid tier in Baltimore. Pride beat them by a couple and Pride is still a level below Hero’s and M&D.
FLG has played every team they have lost to within a goal or 2. Aces, Pride and YJ. They seem to play a great team game of lacrosse and are very well coached. Doesn't seem to be any drama within the team either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG has played every team they have lost to within a goal or 2. Aces, Pride and YJ. They seem to play a great team game of lacrosse and are very well coached. Doesn't seem to be any drama within the team either.

all the FLG parents out in full force

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore? You've been watching too much of The Wire.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend driving around the city but there is some of the wealthiest areas in the nation 30 min outside the city.

Pride is a top-15 nationally team, no doubt about it. You got Hero's M&D, Aces, YJs then a gap with a bunch of good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

all the FLG parents out in full force

Cant wait for the video commercial after all this written press...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore? You've been watching too much of The Wire.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend driving around the city but there is some of the wealthiest areas in the nation 30 min outside the city.

Pride is a top-15 nationally team, no doubt about it. You got Hero's M&D, Aces, YJs then a gap with a bunch of good teams.

As someone who lives near Baltimore I am offended. Lol. Not really.

Baltimore is a cesspool. But not the surrounding areas. Which is where almost all of the players come from.

And as for FLG competing with the top teams from the "cesspool "......um, not likely. Spend a weekend with Hero's Green or M&D.

Of course Aces and YJ are tough, so maybe you would do ok after competing against them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

true but they are still the 2nd best team on the island. Probably same level as prime time if you are looking at metro NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. this debate has gotten off the rail. The initial question was why so many of the LILJ picks were YJ or FLG. Pretty simple answer is that those are the best 27 teams on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. this debate has gotten off the rail. The initial question was why so many of the LILJ picks were YJ or FLG. Pretty simple answer is that those are the best 27 teams on the island.

Flg plays cupcake tournaments. Top Guns and YJ B play better comp and are on par with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you started thinking about post-season summer lax stuff? My Daughter wants to do athletes unlimited camp and BC camp.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flg plays cupcake tournaments. Top Guns and YJ B play better comp and are on par with them.

We will see how Top Guns does this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely meaningless. Short-handed indoor games with goalie restarts don't predict how teams will do in real lacrosse games.

For example, last year Stars beat M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely meaningless. Short-handed indoor games with goalie restarts don't predict how teams will do in real lacrosse games.

It is somewhat meaningless. But you can still tell skill levels, speed and overall talent. What is meaningless is play calling and game planning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you started thinking about post-season summer lax stuff? My Daughter wants to do athletes unlimited camp and BC camp.

We did AU last year, it was good, not great coaching time, but great experience and the games were fun. Now that they will have tryouts, it will be a lot more talent I think, rather than last year where most girls were accepted.

I am awaiting the dates of UNC and Duke camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is somewhat meaningless. But you can still tell skill levels, speed and overall talent. What is meaningless is play calling and game planning.

Scores are meaningless for indoors, that's the point I think.

Some teams will have the goalie clear to midfield to try and score quick. Teams that are trying to get better will have their goalies move around or dump off to the side, forcing their defender to work on clearing it out.

My daughter played against Top Guns in the fall, they are solid. A few good scorers. I think they are improved from last year and I expect them to be in that 15-25 range at end of summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did AU last year, it was good, not great coaching time, but great experience and the games were fun. Now that they will have tryouts, it will be a lot more talent I think, rather than last year where most girls were accepted.

UNC sent out email yesterday. I can repost here if you aren't on the list. Daughters (24 and 27) went to UNC winter camp and both said it was the best camp they had ever been to by a mile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went to AU Select. Agree it was very good, not great. That said, I think they need to get away from the region nature of it, at least at the youth levels. Two dominant teams last year (one NY, one MD) and they other teams were pretty overmatched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went to AU Select. Agree it was very good, not great. That said, I think they need to get away from the region nature of it, at least at the youth levels. Two dominant teams last year (one NY, one MD) and they other teams were pretty overmatched.

Who runs AU Select, and how political do you think tryouts will be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who runs AU Select, and how political do you think tryouts will be?

Its run by the league itself. AU players are supposedly doing the assessment. Assume LI tryouts will have Kylie, Kerrigan and other local stars judging tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AU select you mean Athletes Unlimited Features? There was two dominant teams at 2027 level, both MD. Ended up playing each other in championship, neither team lost a game other than to themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC sent out email yesterday. I can repost here if you aren't on the list. Daughters (24 and 27) went to UNC winter camp and both said it was the best camp they had ever been to by a mile

Yes, please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scores are meaningless for indoors, that's the point I think.

Some teams will have the goalie clear to midfield to try and score quick. Teams that are trying to get better will have their goalies move around or dump off to the side, forcing their defender to work on clearing it out.

My daughter played against Top Guns in the fall, they are solid. A few good scorers. I think they are improved from last year and I expect them to be in that 15-25 range at end of summer.

They better improve by a lot if they expect to be top 20. On a regular outdoor field, they frequently lost to top teams by 10-15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Had a nice fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats. 5-5 against C competition. Way to reach for the stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find me a performance that says, this is a top 20 team. Best performance was probably a 3 goal loss to prime time. Sorry but you can't be losing to Virginia and Colorado teams and say this is a top team. They were in an A bracket once and went 0-3.

Date Time Opponent Event Result Fix
2021-11-06 08:45 Big 4 HHH (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 6 - 7
2021-11-06 10:15 Prime Time (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 5 - 8
2021-11-06 11:45 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 3 - 7
2021-11-13 12:00 3D Colorado AA (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 6 - 2
2021-11-13 14:15 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 7 - 5
2021-11-13 15:45 Team 180 (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 7 - 9
2021-11-14 10:30 TLC Red (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 10 - 1
2021-11-20 12:15 Cav Lax Elite (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 7 - 8
2021-11-20 13:45 STARS Light Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 5 - 1
2021-11-20 15:15 STEPS Elite NJ Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 6 - 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find me a performance that says, this is a top 20 team. Best performance was probably a 3 goal loss to prime time. Sorry but you can't be losing to Virginia and Colorado teams and say this is a top team. They were in an A bracket once and went 0-3.

2021-11-06 11:45 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 3 - 7
2021-11-13 12:00 3D Colorado AA (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 6 - 2
2021-11-13 14:15 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 7 - 5
2021-11-20 12:15 Cav Lax Elite (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 7 - 8
2021-11-20 13:45 STARS Light Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 5 - 1
2021-11-20 15:15 STEPS Elite NJ Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 6 - 4

This is basically a collection of rec teams. Anybody, including TG at the 27' age group would lose to any top 10 A team by a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Colorado Team is pretty good, beat Heros White. Would give problems to a lot of good teams too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a solid team this year. The tournament where they went 0-3 was their first tournament together. The team is half new. The only person writing negatively is the one who’s daughter didn’t make it this year. The previous year everyone just made the team due to COVID. Watch and see. They are good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is basically a collection of rec teams. Anybody, including TG at the 27' age group would lose to any top 10 A team by a lot

Steps is generally a good program, but they split their 2 teams relatively evenly at this age group for some reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, please!

BOTC wouldn't let me post full note, but youth camp is June 13-14 with elite camp for 24s and 25s the week after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, please!

BOTC wouldn't let me post full note, but youth camp is June 13-14 with elite camp for 24s and 25s the week after.

Went to site, thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a solid team this year. The tournament where they went 0-3 was their first tournament together. The team is half new. The only person writing negatively is the one who’s daughter didn’t make it this year. The previous year everyone just made the team due to COVID. Watch and see. They are good.

They are good and other than YJ A top guns can beat any LI team right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to them this weekend. I hope they bring home the championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree they are a good (maybe very good) team. That said, I watched one of their games at Live Love Lax and unless they were missing several key players, FLG and YJ B would both beat them by at least 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg is overrated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see this come out? Looks like a two day event similar to the AU Futures. So many camps and clinics nowadays, hard to tell which are legit. and which are not.

https://www.apexlacrosseevents.com/girlsyouthgames

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be nice if they took the top “x” players from all over, then jumbled them up so Maryland kids could play with LI kids, could play with Colorado kids etc. Great way to make friends and learn different styles of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see this come out? Looks like a two day event similar to the AU Futures. So many camps and clinics nowadays, hard to tell which are legit. and which are not.

Never heard of this event. But the events they run for boys are very well organized and attracted top MD talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never heard of this event. But the events they run for boys are very well organized and attracted top MD talent.

It doesn’t even have the price in the registration form. Anything like that is a total money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns did well, went 1-2 but were within 3-5 goals (beat MDU by 5, lost to LBC by 3) of everyone but BLC who is a top-5 team.

Watching them, I think they have very good scorers, really could change the plane of the shot, used a lot of bounces on the turf. Fields were very narrow, teams that are physical have advantage.

I would put them in front of Monster by a small margin, slightly behind Prime Time.

Hard to say how they translate to outdoor, but shooting is their strength. Emma Ward is going to be a fabulous HC one day.

Page 15 of 32 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard