Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 07:27 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 07:16 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 07:08 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 06:41 PM
Holdbacks
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 06:38 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,157
Posts341,850
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 72 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 71 72
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #361804 01/05/22 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wow. this debate has gotten off the rail. The initial question was why so many of the LILJ picks were YJ or FLG. Pretty simple answer is that those are the best 27 teams on the island.

Flg plays cupcake tournaments. Top Guns and YJ B play better comp and are on par with them.

We will see how Top Guns does this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #361830 01/06/22 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow. this debate has gotten off the rail. The initial question was why so many of the LILJ picks were YJ or FLG. Pretty simple answer is that those are the best 27 teams on the island.

Flg plays cupcake tournaments. Top Guns and YJ B play better comp and are on par with them.

Completely meaningless. Short-handed indoor games with goalie restarts don't predict how teams will do in real lacrosse games.

For example, last year Stars beat M&D.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361838 01/06/22 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely meaningless. Short-handed indoor games with goalie restarts don't predict how teams will do in real lacrosse games.

It is somewhat meaningless. But you can still tell skill levels, speed and overall talent. What is meaningless is play calling and game planning.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361850 01/06/22 11:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you started thinking about post-season summer lax stuff? My Daughter wants to do athletes unlimited camp and BC camp.
Have you started thinking about post-season summer lax stuff? My Daughter wants to do athletes unlimited camp and BC camp.

We did AU last year, it was good, not great coaching time, but great experience and the games were fun. Now that they will have tryouts, it will be a lot more talent I think, rather than last year where most girls were accepted.

I am awaiting the dates of UNC and Duke camps.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361851 01/06/22 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is somewhat meaningless. But you can still tell skill levels, speed and overall talent. What is meaningless is play calling and game planning.

Scores are meaningless for indoors, that's the point I think.

Some teams will have the goalie clear to midfield to try and score quick. Teams that are trying to get better will have their goalies move around or dump off to the side, forcing their defender to work on clearing it out.

My daughter played against Top Guns in the fall, they are solid. A few good scorers. I think they are improved from last year and I expect them to be in that 15-25 range at end of summer.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #361855 01/06/22 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We did AU last year, it was good, not great coaching time, but great experience and the games were fun. Now that they will have tryouts, it will be a lot more talent I think, rather than last year where most girls were accepted.

UNC sent out email yesterday. I can repost here if you aren't on the list. Daughters (24 and 27) went to UNC winter camp and both said it was the best camp they had ever been to by a mile

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361856 01/06/22 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went to AU Select. Agree it was very good, not great. That said, I think they need to get away from the region nature of it, at least at the youth levels. Two dominant teams last year (one NY, one MD) and they other teams were pretty overmatched.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361874 01/06/22 01:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went to AU Select. Agree it was very good, not great. That said, I think they need to get away from the region nature of it, at least at the youth levels. Two dominant teams last year (one NY, one MD) and they other teams were pretty overmatched.

Who runs AU Select, and how political do you think tryouts will be?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361877 01/06/22 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who runs AU Select, and how political do you think tryouts will be?

Its run by the league itself. AU players are supposedly doing the assessment. Assume LI tryouts will have Kylie, Kerrigan and other local stars judging tryouts

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361893 01/06/22 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AU select you mean Athletes Unlimited Features? There was two dominant teams at 2027 level, both MD. Ended up playing each other in championship, neither team lost a game other than to themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #361894 01/06/22 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC sent out email yesterday. I can repost here if you aren't on the list. Daughters (24 and 27) went to UNC winter camp and both said it was the best camp they had ever been to by a mile

Yes, please!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361907 01/06/22 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scores are meaningless for indoors, that's the point I think.

Some teams will have the goalie clear to midfield to try and score quick. Teams that are trying to get better will have their goalies move around or dump off to the side, forcing their defender to work on clearing it out.

My daughter played against Top Guns in the fall, they are solid. A few good scorers. I think they are improved from last year and I expect them to be in that 15-25 range at end of summer.

They better improve by a lot if they expect to be top 20. On a regular outdoor field, they frequently lost to top teams by 10-15

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361928 01/06/22 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news. Had a nice fall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361948 01/06/22 06:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats. 5-5 against C competition. Way to reach for the stars

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361957 01/06/22 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find me a performance that says, this is a top 20 team. Best performance was probably a 3 goal loss to prime time. Sorry but you can't be losing to Virginia and Colorado teams and say this is a top team. They were in an A bracket once and went 0-3.

Date Time Opponent Event Result Fix
2021-11-06 08:45 Big 4 HHH (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 6 - 7
2021-11-06 10:15 Prime Time (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 5 - 8
2021-11-06 11:45 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 Northeast Showcase- 2027 Class 3 - 7
2021-11-13 12:00 3D Colorado AA (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 6 - 2
2021-11-13 14:15 Monster Purple (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 7 - 5
2021-11-13 15:45 Team 180 (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 7 - 9
2021-11-14 10:30 TLC Red (2027) 2021 MidAtlantic Showcase: Girls 2027 10 - 1
2021-11-20 12:15 Cav Lax Elite (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 7 - 8
2021-11-20 13:45 STARS Light Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 5 - 1
2021-11-20 15:15 STEPS Elite NJ Blue (2027) LIVE LOVE LAX:GIRLS YOUTH FALL 2021: Healthy 2027 6 - 4

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 72 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard