BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 112 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wouldn't expect major changes this year. Biggest issue in my mind though is if M&D's schedule will change. That could be the one thing that could drive some families away. Already lots of older parents upset about not playing in G8. If they opt out of Live Love Lax or Lax For the Cure I could see some other families leave.

This exactly. G8 aged girls/families were pissed last year. The tournament M&D was in was a joke compared to G8. And teams already opting out of Mid-Atlantic for Maryland Cup. CR got out (sure he's still involved, but like you said, for how long) while the getting was good.[/quote]

Short sighted. One tournament doesn't make the club good or bad. M&D still beat Hero's and BLC and Skywalkers and whomever.
Sure it would it be nice to play in G8 but no doing so didn't ruin the program or the year.[/quote]

Not that I think M&D is done, but once the girls get to high school the wins and losses don’t really matter. Playing in the right recruiting showcases is what matters, and the G8 is a big one.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Short sighted. One tournament doesn't make the club good or bad. M&D still beat Hero's and BLC and Skywalkers and whomever.
Sure it would it be nice to play in G8 but no doing so didn't ruin the program or the year.

This is being short sighted. Look further down the line. Teams already moving over to MD Cup this summer so Mid Atlantic won't be as good. More teams will move over in 2023. Good clubs with no skin in the game are going to go to the tournaments with the best recruiting and best competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't expect major changes this year. Biggest issue in my mind though is if M&D's schedule will change. That could be the one thing that could drive some families away. Already lots of older parents upset about not playing in G8. If they opt out of Live Love Lax or Lax For the Cure I could see some other families leave.

This exactly. G8 aged girls/families were pissed last year. The tournament M&D was in was a joke compared to G8. And teams already opting out of Mid-Atlantic for Maryland Cup. CR got out (sure he's still involved, but like you said, for how long) while the getting was good.

Sure it would it be nice to play in G8 but no doing so didn't ruin the program or the year.[/quote]

Not that I think M&D is done, but once the girls get to high school the wins and losses don’t really matter. Playing in the right recruiting showcases is what matters, and the G8 is a big one.[/quote]

I'm assuming that as part of the transaction, CR agreed to stay on for x years. Big question is that happens when he leaves?

Can't imagine any girls 25 or older making a move at this point. Will be interesting to see if any moves are made at 26 and 27 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This exactly. G8 aged girls/families were pissed last year. The tournament M&D was in was a joke compared to G8. And teams already opting out of Mid-Atlantic for Maryland Cup. CR got out (sure he's still involved, but like you said, for how long) while the getting was good.

Sure it would it be nice to play in G8 but no doing so didn't ruin the program or the year.

Not that I think M&D is done, but once the girls get to high school the wins and losses don’t really matter. Playing in the right recruiting showcases is what matters, and the G8 is a big one.[/quote]

I'm assuming that as part of the transaction, CR agreed to stay on for x years. Big question is that happens when he leaves?

Can't imagine any girls 25 or older making a move at this point. Will be interesting to see if any moves are made at 26 and 27 level.[/quote]

Seems like lots of clubs going thru changes. Word for a while is Skywalkers looking for buyer too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stuck at home due to Covid precautions while reading this post as an M&D parent made me curious, so I decided to do some research. From what I found there was no G8 two summers ago. I just went to the M&D Facebook page to see how not going to G8 the last two years is affecting college commitments for M&D. Here is what the research shows:
According to M&D's Facebook page, I counted 61 M&D girls in the last 16 months that have committed to play college lacrosse. This includes several to Maryland, Duke, Clemson, a couple to Boston College, Stanford, North Carolina, USC, Harvard, Yale, Va Tech, Florida, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Villanova as well as several other schools. The conclusion I take from this is I guess these girls are getting plenty of college exposure at other tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame that M&D is going away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just M&D haters out there. Or it's the former Mayor of Heros now at BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get it, some want the successful people, teams, or in this instance a lacrosse club to fail. That is human nature. We chose M&D because of the coaching. As long as M&D continues to hire the high quality of coaches like they currently have, they will continue to flourish. I believe SR hires the coaches. The email to the club said he is going to remain with the club. We wanted our daughter to develop and she has under the guidance of her 27 coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Skywalkers Blue is actually playing in the NGLL A Division? I notice the White Team is registered for the B Division so guessing they are but the site hasn’t updated yet. Looks like 13 teams when you back out the 28 Blue Coppermine so one more or even three would be preferred. Looks like a good group of teams lead by Hero’s Green and M&D Black. There doesn’t seem to be any push overs this year so everyone has a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Skywalkers Blue is actually playing in the NGLL A Division? I notice the White Team is registered for the B Division so guessing they are but the site hasn’t updated yet. Looks like 13 teams when you back out the 28 Blue Coppermine so one more or even three would be preferred. Looks like a good group of teams lead by Hero’s Green and M&D Black. There doesn’t seem to be any push overs this year so everyone has a chance.

TLC and Cavalier won't win a game (or come close) unless it is against each other. Renegades probably should be playing A. They would be much more competitive and will likely roll the B division

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get it, some want the successful people, teams, or in this instance a lacrosse club to fail. That is human nature. We chose M&D because of the coaching. As long as M&D continues to hire the high quality of coaches like they currently have, they will continue to flourish. I believe SR hires the coaches. The email to the club said he is going to remain with the club. We wanted our daughter to develop and she has under the guidance of her 27 coaches.

Serious question (not trying to troll). Do you think coaching on 27 Black is comparable to other top teams in MD and nationally. My daughter played against them and they are the most talent team at her age group that we have ever seen. That said, she said it felt like they didn't have a plan on offense and they relied on their stars to score 1:1 goals

In contrast when we payed Heros and that Georgia team, we probably had similar talent levels, but those teams were just machines on offense, playing at a sophistication we have never seen (even with some older daughters as well)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question (not trying to troll). Do you think coaching on 27 Black is comparable to other top teams in MD and nationally. My daughter played against them and they are the most talent team at her age group that we have ever seen. That said, she said it felt like they didn't have a plan on offense and they relied on their stars to score 1:1 goals

In contrast when we payed Heros and that Georgia team, we probably had similar talent levels, but those teams were just machines on offense, playing at a sophistication we have never seen (even with some older daughters as well)

I would say most of these A clubs have great coaching, ton of experience. What separates M&D and Hero's from the rest, imo, is ability to win draws and eliminate unforced TOs. There are still some 7th graders who struggle to consistently catch or throw catchable passes.

They will all get there soon enough. Now if you have 1-2 kids who just athletically can't be covered, that opens up everything on offense.

Eventually defenders learn to crash, learn to watch off ball, lax IQ improves so they don't lose their kid in 8 meter on a cut, girls know to switch off their player, etc.

Renegades, TLC, CCLax will have growing pains this year, the speed is just different, the shooting is far superior, goalie play much more advanced

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say most of these A clubs have great coaching, ton of experience. What separates M&D and Hero's from the rest, imo, is ability to win draws and eliminate unforced TOs. There are still some 7th graders who struggle to consistently catch or throw catchable passes.

They will all get there soon enough. Now if you have 1-2 kids who just athletically can't be covered, that opens up everything on offense.

Eventually defenders learn to crash, learn to watch off ball, lax IQ improves so they don't lose their kid in 8 meter on a cut, girls know to switch off their player, etc.

Renegades, TLC, CCLax will have growing pains this year, the speed is just different, the shooting is far superior, goalie play much more advanced

Accurate. When you watch the B division teams like Renegades and TLC, the speed is different. Things move at half speed compared to the above mentioned teams like M&D, BLC and Hero's.

Girls can develop ball skills and understanding of the game. But what separates the top teams is the aggressive play and the superior athletes. Those athletes don't appear at lower divisions very often. And when they do, they join (or tryout) for better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the three second rule, spacing, getting the right matchup, and going one on one is smart. Northwestern won countless national championships with that philosophy. Maryland too. I am not sure Megan Whittle had an assist her entire career.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades won't have growing pains, at least in NGLL since they are playing B. Their top 12 would be competitive within the middle tier of A. I think they are at a similar level as Integrity, MD United and Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades won't have growing pains, at least in NGLL since they are playing B. Their top 12 would be competitive within the middle tier of A. I think they are at a similar level as Integrity, MD United and Coppermine.

Integrity isn't even on the same tier as Coppermine or MD United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mistake by Renegades. Hopefully they try to play up in summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny. First off. Md United would crush Renegades. Secondly, I find it comical that you boast of the "top 12" talent hanging with A talent yet sign up for NGLL B Division.

Nice try Renegades dad. If you have 12 talented players at A level, why hide in B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny. First off. Md United would crush Renegades. Secondly, I find it comical that you boast of the "top 12" talent hanging with A talent yet sign up for NGLL B Division.

Nice try Renegades dad. If you have 12 talented players at A level, why hide in B?

Looked at their schedules over the last year, I don't see one signature win where you can say, wow, they are a solid A level club. If they have one, please let me know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had anyone had a daughter attend the Apex Youth games? Seeing IG posts of girls from big name clubs saying they will attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had anyone had a daughter attend the Apex Youth games? Seeing IG posts of girls from big name clubs saying they will attend.

Another money grab. Advertise "top players". Basically anyone willing to fork over 600 bucks can attend.

I know a few girls who have attended. And they aren't the strongest girls in their age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is the first time they are doing this. Apex does other stuff like clinics, etc. but I think this is the first time they are actually putting competition of teams together.

Seems like a money grab to me, no tryouts? A few good players def going there (Aces, Hero's) but also a bunch of other club players as well from B C level clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know about this event, but older daughter (a 26) attended their Futures 26 event this October and she said it was one of the best run clinics she had ever been to.

Also had a older son who played in their showcases; said it was well above average competition and well organized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This looks like a first year event. Reads somewhat like the AU Futures event but maybe more localized to Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations M&D for beating BLC in the Championship Game up at Spooky Nook this weekend. Just over two months until the start of the NGLL. BLC is clearly still one of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations M&D for beating BLC in the Championship Game up at Spooky Nook this weekend. Just over two months until the start of the NGLL. BLC is clearly still one of the top teams.

Always have been. People on here prematurely speaking of their demise. BLC going be a handful for everyone this year. Congrats M&D. They balled out as usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 22-14. Not very close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regular games were two 25 min halves, was championship shorter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to both teams. However, remember small sided indoor games with goalie restarts doesn't come close to simulating an actual full field game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regular games were two 25 min halves, was championship shorter?

No. Full game as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets be honest, the competition was really between M&D and BLC, the LBC and MDU are the top of the second tier and were not really there to win. BLC has not beaten any of the upper tier teams this year and we smoked by Pride in the Fall.... I would say yes BLC is still in the top tier but behind this group:
M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

Still a good team, but I would not call them a top team, even after they added their new star

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets be honest, the competition was really between M&D and BLC, the LBC and MDU are the top of the second tier and were not really there to win. BLC has not beaten any of the upper tier teams this year and we smoked by Pride in the Fall.... I would say yes BLC is still in the top tier but behind this group:
M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

Still a good team, but I would not call them a top team, even after they added their new star

I assure you, as someone who's daughter plays BLC often, they are definitely better than Pride or Nems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

BLC would run circles around NEMS, but I guess we will find out.

Pride, LBC, MDU, all those teams could take out an elite team any given day or lose to an inferior opponent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

I assure you, as someone who's daughter plays BLC often, they are definitely better than Pride or Nems.

BLC definitely still above NEMS. Can't really claim they are much better than pride after losing 9-1 to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

BLC definitely still above NEMS. Can't really claim they are much better than pride after losing 9-1 to them.

Not making excuses for them. But I cannot imagine they had their whole team there. Whenever their whole team is there for them they are just as good as Hero's or M&D or at least pretty darn close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's G
Pride
NEMS

Not making excuses for them. But I cannot imagine they had their whole team there. Whenever their whole team is there for them they are just as good as Hero's or M&D or at least pretty darn close

1 Player was missing, but everyone had 1 or 2 players missing. Don't take anything away from Pride, they were on a mission and its not the first time that they have beaten BLC. I agree that they are still a good team, but I think with the player losses they have taken a step back, and it showed in the Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost like two players over summer, and gained a very good one in the last month.

BLC is going to be in the top of the A, as usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost like two players over summer, and gained a very good one in the last month.

Lost one of their better players to Hero’s. Their best player has not played all Fall due to injury. Added new player last month. Everything else is status quo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost one of their better players to Hero’s. Their best player has not played all Fall due to injury. Added new player last month. Everything else is status quo.

That said, all of the teams around them got significantly better (Heros, NEMS, Pride) . Status quo will likely mean falling back a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That said, all of the teams around them got significantly better (Heros, NEMS, Pride) . Status quo will likely mean falling back a bit.

Who did Pride gain talent from?

NEMS had some significant turnover. 8 girls no longer on roster from last year? I know they added three. I guess addition by subtraction is a thing.

Page 20 of 112 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard