BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Totally agree about the dad coaches, it's sickening. If you're on a team with a daddy coach, do yourself a favor and get out of there ASAP. We all know why they're doing it. If they were actually a good coach, they would know better than to be a coach on a team their kid plays on.

It does depend. Lotsa dad coaches are good coaches and balance things. And some don’t.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to be a Outlaw!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree about the dad coaches, it's sickening. If you're on a team with a daddy coach, do yourself a favor and get out of there ASAP. We all know why they're doing it. If they were actually a good coach, they would know better than to be a coach on a team their kid plays on.

It does depend. Lotsa dad coaches are good coaches and balance things. And some don’t.
Sounds like something a daddy coach would say lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to be a Outlaw!

What’s next Team LI, Stampede, Havoc, Ducks, Dune Dawgs, Rough Riders, etc etc… suggest maybe a new name vs reforming the old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reforming a folded club more news to follow!

Jesters? In my opinion we need less clubs and ones that actually have competitive B teams vs secondary club A teams. Legacy/Rush in this grade is a great example of what we need more of. Look at how Legacy put themselves together originally… I believe they absorbed the Dune Dawgs and Tide, and now taking another step in that direction, in this grade anyway. Reforming a folded club won’t work unless it’s a combination of 3 or 4 clubs, again in my opinion. I am also of the option that any new should be different and avoid the typical headliners, less expensive vs big clubs, one team only, limited roster, no dad coaches, nobody really cares about that. The expectation is practice year round with dedicated, reputable and fully engaged coaches.

What we need is some ex lax Wall Street billionaire who could care less about whether the club makes any money. All of these clubs are businesses first which leads to all the problems (daddy coaches, big rosters, pay for play clinics, rising tuitions, diluted B and C teams, conflicted tournament selection)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their were clubs on long island that were trying something different other then making as much money as possible! But clubs like express and 91 started the free play garbage trying to make their A teams the best and having a bunch of B and C teams to pay for them! That’s when everything thing started going bad, thanks coach C and Express!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters? In my opinion we need less clubs and ones that actually have competitive B teams vs secondary club A teams. Legacy/Rush in this grade is a great example of what we need more of. Look at how Legacy put themselves together originally… I believe they absorbed the Dune Dawgs and Tide, and now taking another step in that direction, in this grade anyway. Reforming a folded club won’t work unless it’s a combination of 3 or 4 clubs, again in my opinion. I am also of the option that any new should be different and avoid the typical headliners, less expensive vs big clubs, one team only, limited roster, no dad coaches, nobody really cares about that. The expectation is practice year round with dedicated, reputable and fully engaged coaches.

What we need is some ex lax Wall Street billionaire who could care less about whether the club makes any money. All of these clubs are businesses first which leads to all the problems (daddy coaches, big rosters, pay for play clinics, rising tuitions, diluted B and C teams, conflicted tournament selection)

Well they should make money. But there is way to offer a product and produce a great product. The problem is too many value winning above all else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So… now that National teams are becoming the bigger thing. Will this become the norm? Most top Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ, LI) teams are somewhat regional now and some have players from way further. Not for or against it, just an observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So… now that National teams are becoming the bigger thing. Will this become the norm? Most top Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ, LI) teams are somewhat regional now and some have players from way further. Not for or against it, just an observation.

I think you will see more of it because---

1: the clubs can extract more money from you.
2: the bragging rights are great... my kid plays on the AA team, well, that's good but my kid plays on the national team!!!
3: parents will pay for the bragging rights.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you will see more of it because---

1: the clubs can extract more money from you.
2: the bragging rights are great... my kid plays on the AA team, well, that's good but my kid plays on the national team!!!
3: parents will pay for the bragging rights.

I will say the social media presence is at all highs for some of these clubs. And guess what… the parents and kids love it!! The Rebels are non stop with it and I think it’s great.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like something a daddy coach would say lol
2025 kids are in high school now, there's no room for daddy coaches at this age! Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up call: If your kid is playing on a kiddie Lax team for parental "Bragging Rights" then you have failed yourself and even worse, you have failed your kids. That's pathetic man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad coaches are on early level of club lax from A to B. And yes some do favor players and some do not. Every situation is different. I am sure people can list examples and of the best and worst and everything in between.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's really no place for dad coaches beyond maybe 6th grade and even that is a stretch in my opinion. They are either looking for a free tuition or want to control their kids playing time. Even if they are a good coach, it does not outweigh the perception of the parents and the doubt that it causes as to their motivation for doing it. Basically, have enough sense to walk away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush DEFINITELY had a least two Reclassed/holdback players so slow your roll. That being said, they still would've been Crush without that defenseman and middie...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's really no place for dad coaches beyond maybe 6th grade and even that is a stretch in my opinion. They are either looking for a free tuition or want to control their kids playing time. Even if they are a good coach, it does not outweigh the perception of the parents and the doubt that it causes as to their motivation for doing it. Basically, have enough sense to walk away.

Sounds like a good argument. Your kid stars for what team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%. Find a club daddy coach whose kid doesn't start on the team and stay on the field 75% of the game. Sometimes they are good players, but not always that good. You can't name one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well they should make money. But there is way to offer a product and produce a great product. The problem is too many value winning above all else.

If you want less clubs, stop paying for them. If you think prices are too high, stop paying them. You think rosters are too large, find a smaller one. Here’s the issue, their is a lot of expendable income in the LI lax community. Many people will pay just so that their kid plays a sport he likes and gets better at it. The big clubs charge a lot because there is a line of suckers at the door with open checkbooks. People think that if their kid plays for 91 or Express they are going to be recruited to a top D1 program. It’s simply not true. Look no further than the current recruitment class. The Bandit have 10 absolute studs on their team. They are all committed to great programs. However, they also have 10-12 slightly above average kids that are not getting a single call because they don’t play. Furthermore, big clubs have a definite pecking order when it comes to recruiting. 91 is already pushing the Wolfpack kids over the 2nd line Bandits. The bottom line is that your kid needs to play. Find the best team that gets him on the field. And do it now, because next year is too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every kid plays club lacrosse to get recruited or play college ball. My kid doesn't start but plays enough for him to still enjoy. It's a shame that after years with the same team the roster will turn over just so his coach can brag that x amount of kids are committed (most to schools they would need lacrosse anyways). He'll still most likely play 4 years of HS at a pretty high level. After that he'll attend one of the top universities in the country because of his grades and test scores, NOT lacrosse. Good luck your winter showcases and the recruiting grind, spend time with your family while they're still around. Ask yourself who's really pushing who to play in college. 99% on this forum think their kid is playing in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want less clubs, stop paying for them. If you think prices are too high, stop paying them. You think rosters are too large, find a smaller one. Here’s the issue, their is a lot of expendable income in the LI lax community. Many people will pay just so that their kid plays a sport he likes and gets better at it. The big clubs charge a lot because there is a line of suckers at the door with open checkbooks. People think that if their kid plays for 91 or Express they are going to be recruited to a top D1 program. It’s simply not true. Look no further than the current recruitment class. The Bandit have 10 absolute studs on their team. They are all committed to great programs. However, they also have 10-12 slightly above average kids that are not getting a single call because they don’t play. Furthermore, big clubs have a definite pecking order when it comes to recruiting. 91 is already pushing the Wolfpack kids over the 2nd line Bandits. The bottom line is that your kid needs to play. Find the best team that gets him on the field. And do it now, because next year is too late.

Great points and I think you agree, there is a different way. Unfortunately, committed players and wins posted on social media translate to an increased revenue stream I think. And also, look at how many kids are being recruited from Florida, Georgia, Texas and other parts of the country vs 5 years ago. The opportunity to play D1 is now more and more competitive and becoming highly selective. And the number of D1 schools isn’t growing at a commensurate rate. So guess what, if you’re a 2023 with no looks. Wait it out through the spring and start with the D2 and D3s, a lot great lax is being played there. Go watch and Amherst v Tufts game and see what you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all a money generator.... Everyone knows it. Pay the fees, eat the political nonsense or dont play. Its not rocket science.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse has destroyed youth lacrosse much the same way AAU basketball teams did to youth basketball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse has destroyed youth lacrosse much the same way AAU basketball teams did to youth basketball

So your son is as bad at lax as you were in hoops? People pay a lot of money for this clinical advice. What you have is projection issues. Have a good day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%. Find a club daddy coach whose kid doesn't start on the team and stay on the field 75% of the game. Sometimes they are good players, but not always that good. You can't name one.
The dad coach, the team "mom" and the group of dads surrounding the coach between every game laughing at all his jokes. They all have an agenda and are trying to do whatever it takes to give their kid an advantage. Everyone has an angle and nobody is doing it out of the goodness of their heart. The funny part is they all think that they are fooling everyone. Believe me, people aren't that notIntelligent. Everyone is fully aware of what you're doing and why you're doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So PAL has decided to play Sat/Sun this spring. Going to shoot themselves in the foot. Should keep Sundays. I think most believe in playing with town kids. Now your making kids decide to play with Club or PAL saturdays. Most kids will choose Club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So PAL has decided to play Sat/Sun this spring. Going to shoot themselves in the foot. Should keep Sundays. I think most believe in playing with town kids. Now your making kids decide to play with Club or PAL saturdays. Most kids will choose Club
2025s don't play PAL anymore. Also, travel tournaments really don't pick up until after the school and PAL seasons are over. Are you trying to deflect the conversation in a different direction for some reason?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to ask PAL, if you are all about development and fair play why isn’t lacrosse run like football? And go by age? Does any PAL director have any insight on that? Why follow club rules? Shouldn’t PAL follow US lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to ask PAL, if you are all about development and fair play why isn’t lacrosse run like football? And go by age? Does any PAL director have any insight on that? Why follow club rules? Shouldn’t PAL follow US lacrosse?

PAL has also been taken over by greedy directors! Yes I know PAL is supposed to be non profit but we all know this is BS. When your PAL team price goes up by 40% it starts to make you think🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids are in HS. Who is still playing PAL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to credit to Shock. They really did not play vs any heavy competition this fall, until today. Even though they lost, everyone has lost to that 91MD team. They beat Sweetlax and lost by 2 in the ship.

The game played yesterday was an outstanding battle. I’m glad I was able to watch it.

Great game. Did they bring in the kid from Texas
?

You mean Seaford.

It doesn’t matter to anybody except the kid from here that practices with the team year round and gets minutes taken away. Happens now with all the clubs and nice thing is there is a lot choice to play elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to credit to Shock. They really did not play vs any heavy competition this fall, until today. Even though they lost, everyone has lost to that 91MD team. They beat Sweetlax and lost by 2 in the ship.

The game played yesterday was an outstanding battle. I’m glad I was able to watch it.

?

You mean Seaford.

It doesn’t matter to anybody except the kid from here that practices with the team year round and gets minutes taken away. Happens now with all the clubs and nice thing is there is a lot choice to play elsewhere.

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

You mean Seaford.

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.

Not on 91, but that kid is the best attacker in the grade! If 91 parents are unhappy we would love to have him play for our team. Just don’t see what the big deal is, he’s been on that team forever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a big deal since this is the norm more and more and most teams have kids on the roster from several states. And more clubs also now National teams. Saw the Rebels are starting one. Only point is if practice is missing 3 or 4 kids because of geography and they play in tourneys, that would frustrate me as a parent. But since my son is not on the team, it’s none of my business. It’s HS, I am of the opinion that your son has to be on a team where he plays meaningful minutes. Meaning does the coach trust him play in the game when it’s tied?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

You mean Seaford.

The fogo from Texas is new though right? Replacing LI kid thats been on the team for a while?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Previous 2025 fogo reclassed. Current fogo who is one of the best at the age jumped over from another team so he wasn’t splitting reps only to find out he was splitting with someone who most likely only pays for the tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t matter to anybody except the kid from here that practices with the team year round and gets minutes taken away. Happens now with all the clubs and nice thing is there is a lot choice to play elsewhere.[/quote]

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.[/quote]

Not on 91, but that kid is the best attacker in the grade! If 91 parents are unhappy we would love to have him play for our team. Just don’t see what the big deal is, he’s been on that team forever.[/quote]

Great player but not tops in the grade. That’s reserved for the kid with size, quickness and can play with both hands or a legacy. Too much lax royalty in 2025. The hype machine behind some of the high profile daddy kids will carry them. There is room for everyone so not a big deal.

And for the record 91 has 4 kids from Texas, 2 from PA, 2 from CT. Will continue to collect players from all over to pad the recruiting stats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been said before but I'll say it again for you slow learners. The "Texas" kid has been with 91 since 3rd grade. His family only moved to Texas last year. Maybe some people are jealous because his parents can afford to fly from Texas for lacrosse. Maybe some are jealous because he's possibly the best 2025 lefty attack in 2025 on LI. I don't know. Either way, if someone is upset about playing behind him, find another team. He's not going anywhere and he's not going to be playing on the second line.[/quote]

Not on 91, but that kid is the best attacker in the grade! If 91 parents are unhappy we would love to have him play for our team. Just don’t see what the big deal is, he’s been on that team forever.[/quote]

Great player but not tops in the grade. That’s reserved for the kid with size, quickness and can play with both hands or a legacy. Too much lax royalty in 2025. The hype machine behind some of the high profile daddy kids will carry them. There is room for everyone so not a big deal.

And for the record 91 has 4 kids from Texas, 2 from PA, 2 from CT. Will continue to collect players from all over to pad the recruiting stats[/quote]

A lot clubs are now made of rosters from multiple states. Seems like some clubs just take the fall lightly and play a few away tourneys that provides for travel for all and the locals will play box all fall and winter. And then back to field and play 4 or 5 events in the summer. Seems like a decent model for some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This isn't the WSYL. There are no limits on distance or practices for players in club lacrosse. Most of the bigger club organizations are attempting to franchise their brand to other areas and/or create national teams. It's all about draining as much money out of your pocket as they can. It's been said on here a hundred times that nobody is looking at 2025's, yet people continue to shell out a fortune to travel and compete in showcase events, than they come on here and complain about a kid coming in from another state. Seriously get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will have to check the size of the kids before you say the are the best attackman plenty of time for kids to grow so lets just slow down with pumping kids up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will have to check the size of the kids before you say the are the best attackman plenty of time for kids to grow so lets just slow down with pumping kids up
How many proclaimed 14/15 year old AOTY have gone on to rule college and pro lacrosse? Probably not many

Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard