BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 87 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Computer rankings ha! They are put out to get people to hit their site and discuss.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How bad did YJ beat HG this past weekend??

Typical Hero’s parent. Your organization should work on your decorum on this site!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question -- did the Crush 2026 team fold? Havent seen them at any tourneys this fall and no games posted on USCL. Surprising for a team who convincingly won NGLL B league last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question -- did the Crush 2026 team fold? Havent seen them at any tourneys this fall and no games posted on USCL. Surprising for a team who convincingly won NGLL B league last year.

They were at PTYG but not sure of anywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 28s were only at prime time as well. Why do they play such a sparce fall schedule?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a question? Why are club teams falling apart? Is it the coaches or the club owners?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a question? Why are club teams falling apart? Is it the coaches or the club owners?

I think it is a variety of reasons. Some is poor management and parents get frustrated and leave. Some is that once parents learn the landscape of the club scene they learn which ones are the most successful and leave to try out for those. Then the lesser tier clubs can't sustain without the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see lots of coaches and club directors promising the world and not being able to provide what they say they can. How do you claim about teaching and playing at a high level and enter into B tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their 28s were only at prime time as well. Why do they play such a sparce fall schedule?

This is kind of a guess, as I'm not a Crush parent, but could it have to do with the fact that they're so new and are in some way a branch of Perry Hall Rec? Their costs are only $800-900 per their website so I imagine that doesn't allow them to pay for a ton of tournaments. Either way, they seem to have a good program with good teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is kind of a guess, as I'm not a Crush parent, but could it have to do with the fact that they're so new and are in some way a branch of Perry Hall Rec? Their costs are only $800-900 per their website so I imagine that doesn't allow them to pay for a ton of tournaments. Either way, they seem to have a good program with good teams!

I agree with that, but wonder if as the girls get older they will want to go to the clubs that play in more tournaments. A competitive, inexpensive, club is a big draw, but will they still be competitive if their top 2 or 3 players leave for one of the more well known organizations????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lesser teams struggle when their top girls move to better club teams. Creates a panic sometimes that is unnecessary as not ever girl is meant to play on a top tier team and rec lacrosse is a thing of the past. No different than Legends this year which is what use to be a rec team that a father since created so his girls can make a “club” team. At least they know they are nothing more than a travel team so they’ll be fine. But even they lost girls to TLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear M&D Parents,
I wish you all a happy holiday season.  I have an important announcement to make regarding the club.  Yesterday, I sold the M&D Lacrosse club along with Robinson Sports, M&D Orlando Lacrosse Club, and NGLL to a company called 3 Step.
This is actually a very positive thing for both the clubs and the businesses overall. Even though the club will no longer be technically owned by me, it will still be run by me.   I am not going anywhere.   My new job will be the head of the Robinson Sports Branch of 3 Step.  So, all of the same responsibilities I have had in the past will remain in the future.  All of the same people in the club will still be involved.  The name M&D will remain the same, the coaches will all remain the same, Scott Robinson will still be the recruiting coordinator, Chris Caulk will still be our administrative assistant.    There is no change in anything really for the rest of the 2022 season as far as the way M&D has been run.  It will still be a small club feeling with a big corporate backing behind it.
For our future, you will see some positive changes coming about.  We will have a new website for the 2022-23 season and registration.  We will also be utilizing the apparel department at 3 Step.  The players, coaches, and parents will love this new change.  It will be a 24/7 on-line store similar to shopping Amazon.  No more waiting for 6-8 weeks for your apparel to show up.  It will be there within the week you order it.  Uniform ordering will be done in a similar fashion.
Some other changes that will be happening over time will be ones that may not be right in front of the parents and players but will help us administratively.  3 Step owns 48 businesses similar to M&D/Robinson Sports.  They have an outreach to 3.5 million athletes.  This type of size gives us tremendous leverage with facilities, sponsorships, and resources.  I cannot tell how you that type of support helps with the long-term viability of the club prospering the way it has for a couple of decades.
On top of that, there are a number of boys’ and girls’ lacrosse clubs that are currently under the 3 Step umbrella that gives us some major benefits for partnerships, events, and great future offerings.  Some the names may be familiar to you such as 3D which over 200 club teams nationwide between their boys’ and girls’ teams.  NXT out of Philadelphia which also has events, boys’ teams, and girls’ teams is also a 3 Step company.  Atlanta Storm, New England Storm, and Common Goal are 3 Step clubs.  Locally, the Annapolis Hawks and Hogan Lax on the boys’ side are also under the 3 Step umbrella.
The sale of the clubs was really something that I did not take lightly.  It was my pride and joy since 2001, and it really was a difficult decision for me.  But when I really evaluated the positives versus the negatives, the positives won out big time.  First and foremost, I believe this benefits the players and families within our organization in the short term, and also the long term.
So, with that big news, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy over the next couple of weeks and enjoy your family during the holiday season.
Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear M&D Parents,
I wish you all a happy holiday season.  I have an important announcement to make regarding the club.  Yesterday, I sold the M&D Lacrosse club along with Robinson Sports, M&D Orlando Lacrosse Club, and NGLL to a company called 3 Step.
This is actually a very positive thing for both the clubs and the businesses overall. Even though the club will no longer be technically owned by me, it will still be run by me.   I am not going anywhere.   My new job will be the head of the Robinson Sports Branch of 3 Step.  So, all of the same responsibilities I have had in the past will remain in the future.  All of the same people in the club will still be involved.  The name M&D will remain the same, the coaches will all remain the same, Scott Robinson will still be the recruiting coordinator, Chris Caulk will still be our administrative assistant.    There is no change in anything really for the rest of the 2022 season as far as the way M&D has been run.  It will still be a small club feeling with a big corporate backing behind it.
For our future, you will see some positive changes coming about.  We will have a new website for the 2022-23 season and registration.  We will also be utilizing the apparel department at 3 Step.  The players, coaches, and parents will love this new change.  It will be a 24/7 on-line store similar to shopping Amazon.  No more waiting for 6-8 weeks for your apparel to show up.  It will be there within the week you order it.  Uniform ordering will be done in a similar fashion.
Some other changes that will be happening over time will be ones that may not be right in front of the parents and players but will help us administratively.  3 Step owns 48 businesses similar to M&D/Robinson Sports.  They have an outreach to 3.5 million athletes.  This type of size gives us tremendous leverage with facilities, sponsorships, and resources.  I cannot tell how you that type of support helps with the long-term viability of the club prospering the way it has for a couple of decades.
On top of that, there are a number of boys’ and girls’ lacrosse clubs that are currently under the 3 Step umbrella that gives us some major benefits for partnerships, events, and great future offerings.  Some the names may be familiar to you such as 3D which over 200 club teams nationwide between their boys’ and girls’ teams.  NXT out of Philadelphia which also has events, boys’ teams, and girls’ teams is also a 3 Step company.  Atlanta Storm, New England Storm, and Common Goal are 3 Step clubs.  Locally, the Annapolis Hawks and Hogan Lax on the boys’ side are also under the 3 Step umbrella.
The sale of the clubs was really something that I did not take lightly.  It was my pride and joy since 2001, and it really was a difficult decision for me.  But when I really evaluated the positives versus the negatives, the positives won out big time.  First and foremost, I believe this benefits the players and families within our organization in the short term, and also the long term.
So, with that big news, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy over the next couple of weeks and enjoy your family during the holiday season.
Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

So to summarize, all of the NXT and 3D clubs will now be playing in Robinson Sports tournaments and NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to summarize, all of the NXT and 3D clubs will now be playing in Robinson Sports tournaments and NGLL.[/quote]

I hope you're right and not the other way around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to summarize, all of the NXT and 3D clubs will now be playing in Robinson Sports tournaments and NGLL.

I hope you're right and not the other way around[/quote]

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. With the beef between MnD and YJ/Steps I don't see great things ahead for Robinson tournies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. With the beef between MnD and YJ/Steps I don't see great things ahead for Robinson tournies.[/quote]

Genuinely curious, why is the assumption that YJ/Steps comes out on top?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. With the beef between MnD and YJ/Steps I don't see great things ahead for Robinson tournies.

Genuinely curious, why is the assumption that YJ/Steps comes out on top?[/quote]

From an md parent. I detest conflict is happening. Love when we play the YJ teams. Steps doesn’t travel and puts themself in weak brackets anyway so no big loss. Love playing the best and hope yellow jackets plays in the same tournies as the Md teams, along with Grizzlies and monster. Hope people boycott the money grab America select too. $700 to play in a tourney padding the 3 stooges pockets. People are desperate to put this on their kids resume so I’m sure they will be ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Genuinely curious, why is the assumption that YJ/Steps comes out on top?[/quote]

G8 for one. MnD already pulled out of it 2 years ago. Now Maryland Cup already has a solid list of clubs coming. By 2023, I'd be surprised if all the big clubs aren't there besides MnD. Time will tell I suppose, but I think the YJ/Steps tournies are much more attractive for recruiting, etc. (LLL, L4C, G8)....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G8 for one. MnD already pulled out of it 2 years ago. Now Maryland Cup already has a solid list of clubs coming. By 2023, I'd be surprised if all the big clubs aren't there besides MnD. Time will tell I suppose, but I think the YJ/Steps tournies are much more attractive for recruiting, etc. (LLL, L4C, G8)....[/quote]

The tournaments run in northern Maryland in Hartford County Cedar Lane and Cecil County are pure garbage. I believe the YJ/Steps people run those? Maybe I am wrong. Whoever runs them they do a poor job posting scores, posting standings, and they use small fields. heck some /most games we (the parents) have to keep score on the sidelines because they don't have anybody at the table. At some fields the draw circle practically overlaps the attack restraining line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

G8 for one. MnD already pulled out of it 2 years ago. Now Maryland Cup already has a solid list of clubs coming. By 2023, I'd be surprised if all the big clubs aren't there besides MnD. Time will tell I suppose, but I think the YJ/Steps tournies are much more attractive for recruiting, etc. (LLL, L4C, G8)....

The tournaments run in northern Maryland in Hartford County Cedar Lane and Cecil County are pure garbage. I believe the YJ/Steps people run those? Maybe I am wrong. Whoever runs them they do a poor job posting scores, posting standings, and they use small fields. heck some /most games we (the parents) have to keep score on the sidelines because they don't have anybody at the table. At some fields the draw circle practically overlaps the attack restraining line.[/quote]

100% correct. 20 yards behind each goal. Attackers and defenders are 3 yds off draw circle. They pay no help and cancel with any drop of rain. They are too busy in the tent counting the money though cause we all pay it. L4C has great teams but in the middle of nowhere makes it miserable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those tournaments are run by Top of the Bay, not YJ/Steps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live love Lax is top of the bay? I know there are no scorekeepers at that tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LLL is Steps/YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT tournament in PA was brutal this year. Just outside of MD and they were paining lines on the field during the first few games. Temporary lights blew over and crashed threw the fences. Bathrooms were clogged.

Can’t be much worse than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They all follow each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Robinson sold M&D and NGLL. He’s no longer affiliated with a club program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sold to who? Since when?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sold to who? Since when?

Go back in this thread to read the announcement. Chris Robinson is still running M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Step... Same group that bought Annapolis Hawls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Step... Same group that bought Annapolis Hawls

Aint gonna change a thing. M&D still gonna be the draw and they just got more resources.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Don't think anything changes, they're still going to be at the top. But what resources will they get that they don't already have now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Robinson will stay with M&D for at least 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The money is in the tourneys not running the clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Don't think anything changes, they're still going to be at the top. But what resources will they get that they don't already have now?

More $ for CR?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was playing against Hero’s Green today at spooky nook, and a girl on Hero’s got hurt and was apparently (2nd hand) medivaced out.

Does anyone know if she’s ok? Scary stuff, our thoughts go out to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was playing against Hero’s Green today at spooky nook, and a girl on Hero’s got hurt and was apparently (2nd hand) medivaced out.

Should be fine, despite dirty Integrity play (of course). db team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ambulance was called because of a possible concussion/neck injury - it was not a dirty play by any means

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good to hear she’s going to be fine. Calling 13 y/o girls a db team says more about you than them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Integrity team played SUPER dirty. Do they have new coaches? I don't recall those girls playing like that in the past. Or maybe new girls?

Also.. why were they in the bracket they were in? And why did the coaches let them run the scores up so much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone trying to stir the pot, not from either team!
Prayers she has a quick recovery and thankful she is home!

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 87 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard