BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 112 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What league did M&D 27 Red play in this past spring? Would have thought NGLL B, but looked and they are not listed in the final standings.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I assume the same soccer girls will be missing in the Spring too. Soccer is year round. Maybe they make it to the early Summer tournaments.

I wouldn’t assume that. Lacrosse is year round too. Generally girls that play 2 year round sports favor the “in season” sport. Meaning soccer is first in fall, lacrosse is first in spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What league did M&D 27 Red play in this past spring? Would have thought NGLL B, but looked and they are not listed in the final standings.

There was no Red team last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was no M&D Red in 2021, after 2020 that team folded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was no 27 Red last year. This is the first spring they will play in NGLL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D Red is new as of this past summer 2021. This is their first year together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly M&D and Hero’s are the top two. Any of the rest can beat one another on any given day.

NEMS has only beaten Coppermine (#40) & LBC (#21) this Fall while losing to Hero’s Green(#4), M&D Black (#3) and Pride (#11) each twice (missing some to injury & soccer). They tied Coppermine in Prime Time YG, beat them in Chesapeake, beat YJ South & lost to M&D in Prime Time.

Coppermine- beat LBC big in NGLL last year finishing 3rd, beat MD United (#27)YJ Grazidei (#5) and Prime Time (#6) in all at Live Love Lax with this same team less the 4 talented girls they picked up while losing only 1 or 2. This Fall they also tied NEMS (#14) in the Prime Time YGs Tournament. Mid-Atlantic they had no more than 10 girls due to soccer. Two of the last three games against Hero’s they only lost 3-6 & 8-12.

MDU beat Prime Time 3 times over the summer, beat YJ Grazidei but lost to Coppermine. Lost to Aces over the summer but beat them in the Fall. Yet they are #27 and Prime Time is # 6.

LBC only beat Hero’s Green once, tied Coppermine and lost to M&D, Hero’s, Aces and Eagle Stix. Can’t really count the other games as those teams aren’t that strong.

Some teams are still playing majority of their starters while others are doing even PT in the Fall. Some have a few players where soccer or other sports conflict with Fall Lacrosse while others had a lot less conflicts. It’s clear M&D and Hero’s are in a league of their own but they still need teams in that league. All of these teams deserve to play in the A Division along with the others already registered in the NGLL Spring League. I’m still waiting for the day Skywalkers starts to compete with these teams and maybe this is the year from the pick ups they got I hear. I cheer for all to improve because the stronger our League is the better our girls will be in the future.

I think that's fair. The big question for me is BLC. Last year, they were the clear #3 team. Curious to see if that is still true. They played M&D and Heros close at Chesapeake but got pwned by Pride.

MD United probably had the most perplexing fall. They may have had the best fall win of any MD team, beating Aces Elite 9-4, but also had a very unexplainable blowout losses, losing by 10 to Prime time and Gold Coast.

I heard that BLC added a VERY talented player a few weeks ago. She had played with Hero’s Green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly M&D and Hero’s are the top two. Any of the rest can beat one another on any given day.

NEMS has only beaten Coppermine (#40) & LBC (#21) this Fall while losing to Hero’s Green(#4), M&D Black (#3) and Pride (#11) each twice (missing some to injury & soccer). They tied Coppermine in Prime Time YG, beat them in Chesapeake, beat YJ South & lost to M&D in Prime Time.

Coppermine- beat LBC big in NGLL last year finishing 3rd, beat MD United (#27)YJ Grazidei (#5) and Prime Time (#6) in all at Live Love Lax with this same team less the 4 talented girls they picked up while losing only 1 or 2. This Fall they also tied NEMS (#14) in the Prime Time YGs Tournament. Mid-Atlantic they had no more than 10 girls due to soccer. Two of the last three games against Hero’s they only lost 3-6 & 8-12.

MDU beat Prime Time 3 times over the summer, beat YJ Grazidei but lost to Coppermine. Lost to Aces over the summer but beat them in the Fall. Yet they are #27 and Prime Time is # 6.

LBC only beat Hero’s Green once, tied Coppermine and lost to M&D, Hero’s, Aces and Eagle Stix. Can’t really count the other games as those teams aren’t that strong.

Some teams are still playing majority of their starters while others are doing even PT in the Fall. Some have a few players where soccer or other sports conflict with Fall Lacrosse while others had a lot less conflicts. It’s clear M&D and Hero’s are in a league of their own but they still need teams in that league. All of these teams deserve to play in the A Division along with the others already registered in the NGLL Spring League. I’m still waiting for the day Skywalkers starts to compete with these teams and maybe this is the year from the pick ups they got I hear. I cheer for all to improve because the stronger our League is the better our girls will be in the future.

I think that's fair. The big question for me is BLC. Last year, they were the clear #3 team. Curious to see if that is still true. They played M&D and Heros close at Chesapeake but got pwned by Pride.

MD United probably had the most perplexing fall. They may have had the best fall win of any MD team, beating Aces Elite 9-4, but also had a very unexplainable blowout losses, losing by 10 to Prime time and Gold Coast.

I heard that BLC added a VERY talented player a few weeks ago. She had played with Hero’s Green.

Why would a player leave Heros for BLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. You really spent a lot of time on this. In the end none of this will matter. Most of these girls will move to different teams in the next few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, does BLC even have High School teams, whereas Hero's has an amazing track record of recruiting.

I think this helps BLC more than it hurts Hero's who can just replace the production from another starter anyways.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume the same soccer girls will be missing in the Spring too. Soccer is year round. Maybe they make it to the early Summer tournaments.

I wouldn’t assume that. Lacrosse is year round too. Generally girls that play 2 year round sports favor the “in season” sport. Meaning soccer is first in fall, lacrosse is first in spring.

This is most likely case. A lot of girls will play both in HS, but girls on A teams of great clubs will likely put soccer on backburner. I don't think its possible to play high level club in HS for both sports, too many conflicts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU parent here.
Aces game we played nearly perfect, 5-1 at half, I do think Aces traveling Friday to MD, prob too much playtime in hotel Friday night affected their play at 8am, coupled with them crushing us over summer, they prob weren't prepared for us.

As for Prime Time and Gold Coast, we had a shell of a team with 9 players out due to other conflicts. Depth wasn't there. I will say, Gold Coast, they have two very good (tall) middie/DC girls. They should be a top-20 team when it all shakes out. Prime Time wasn't much different than the teams will beat in summer, offense goes through same two players who are good.

I expect us to be right there in the pack battling for the last playoff spot in NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right, does BLC even have High School teams, whereas Hero's has an amazing track record of recruiting.

I think this helps BLC more than it hurts Hero's who can just replace the production from another starter anyways.

Are you sure this really happened? That makes no sense, unless they are trying to make her the "Savior of BLC" why would you move from Hero's G mid season? I think I could understand them chasing t-shirts and hats if they moved her to M&D B, but BLC????? Hero's G is a top tier team that all plays play in the games, the players are all good, maybe she is not shinning there and can shine at BLC. This does not add up to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure this really happened? That makes no sense, unless they are trying to make her the "Savior of BLC" why would you move from Hero's G mid season? I think I could understand them chasing t-shirts and hats if they moved her to M&D B, but BLC????? Hero's G is a top tier team that all plays play in the games, the players are all good, maybe she is not shinning there and can shine at BLC. This does not add up to me.

I guess we’ll just have to see how things pan out. She’s major addition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you answered your own question in terms of wanting to shine.

BTW, you are going to see this happening more and more at the elite teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess we’ll just have to see how things pan out. She’s major addition.[/quote]

I don't see it either. Leaving a top team while burning a bridge to go to another program which won't exist at her age level at 18 months. Only makes sense if this player has no desire to play travel in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see it either. Leaving a top team while burning a bridge to go to another program which won't exist at her age level at 18 months. Only makes sense if this player has no desire to play travel in high school.[/quote]

Not sure about her future plans but i think this addition puts BLC 2027 back in the picture. I’ve seen this girl play before and was very impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see it either. Leaving a top team while burning a bridge to go to another program which won't exist at her age level at 18 months. Only makes sense if this player has no desire to play travel in high school.[/quote]

She could easily move over to Capital Lax where most of the top BLC and Stars players have in past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see it either. Leaving a top team while burning a bridge to go to another program which won't exist at her age level at 18 months. Only makes sense if this player has no desire to play travel in high school.

She could easily move over to Capital Lax where most of the top BLC and Stars players have in past.[/quote]

If it was that bigger attack player, she was their best attack player. It sounds like BLC made out well. If it was someone else, not a huge deal.

Although I'm sure Hero's will be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros made out better on the deal. Parents are a nightmare. Very toxic people who belittles other girls on the team. The daughter is nice enough and a good player. Heros has plenty of talent that can slot right in where she was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's is loaded, especially with their offense. They got multiple kids that can score. They won't miss a beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros made out better on the deal. Parents are a nightmare. Very toxic people who belittles other girls on the team. The daughter is nice enough and a good player. Heros has plenty of talent that can slot right in where she was.

Teams like Hero's and M&D can absorb a talented kid leaving. Although you wonder if something else is at play internally. And I'm sure the parents aren't that bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros will be just fine… addition by subtraction and not through fault of the player. Good luck to BLC… a great addition to the culture of the team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting comment. Mom? Dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be a perfect fit with the culture of BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Tough crowd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros will be just fine… addition by subtraction and not through fault of the player. Good luck to BLC… a great addition to the culture of the team!

Parents are so toxic, everyone on Heros from the coaches to the board is happy that player is gone. There is more than enough talent around and these toxic parents hurt this poor girls prospects. She will be moving teams often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Tough crowd

Yeah really!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that the "culture" at BLC is somehow worse than the "culture" at Hero's is....funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that the "culture" at BLC is somehow worse than the "culture" at Hero's is....funny.

You obviously don't know those parents that made their daughter move to BLC. The worst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a kid who plays both of these teams, and unfortunately doesn't win many of them. I can tell you without a doubt, you are correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is undoubtedly worse. Hero’s families I know are way more down to earth and my understanding is that the girls there come from all walks of life and have little overlap in school, etc… outside of lacrosse. BLC families we know in our neighborhood say the program is poorly run and made up of a few cliquey families that parent “coach” and play favorites. That was our primary reason for choosing NL instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is silly. Every club team goes through similar issues. Some years are better than others but to categorize an entire set of parents like this is ridiculous. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is undoubtedly worse. Hero’s families I know are way more down to earth and my understanding is that the girls there come from all walks of life and have little overlap in school, etc… outside of lacrosse. BLC families we know in our neighborhood say the program is poorly run and made up of a few cliquey families that parent “coach” and play favorites. That was our primary reason for choosing NL instead.

If you chose an offer of BLC 27 for NL 27, you may have made a bad choice, if winning and talent is something you value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you chose an offer of BLC 27 for NL 27, you may have made a bad choice, if winning and talent is something you value.

Not if your daughter would have been the last girl on BLC 27 Blue and never played except for garbage time. Also if she is a 28 or 29, then it is a pretty easy decision

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D sold! Other clubs moving on up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard if the sale of M&D to 3 Steps will change anything for the current team? As anyone heard of other possible Maryland teams 3 Steps may be buying or trying to buy? It’s an interesting development that could change youth sports but I don’t know enough about it to know the impacts of it. Any thoughts or knowledge? Very interested to understand this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard if the sale of M&D to 3 Steps will change anything for the current team? As anyone heard of other possible Maryland teams 3 Steps may be buying or trying to buy? It’s an interesting development that could change youth sports but I don’t know enough about it to know the impacts of it. Any thoughts or knowledge? Very interested to understand this.

Biggest impact will likely be on the tournament side. 3 step programs likely playing Robinson Sports and Aloha tourneys instead of TOTB or STEPS/YJ tourneys.

Wouldn't expect major changes this year. Biggest issue in my mind though is if M&D's schedule will change. That could be the one thing that could drive some families away. Already lots of older parents upset about not playing in G8. If they opt out of Live Love Lax or Lax For the Cure I could see some other families leave.

Also will be dependant on how long Robinson stays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest impact will likely be on the tournament side. 3 step programs likely playing Robinson Sports and Aloha tourneys instead of TOTB or STEPS/YJ tourneys.

Wouldn't expect major changes this year. Biggest issue in my mind though is if M&D's schedule will change. That could be the one thing that could drive some families away. Already lots of older parents upset about not playing in G8. If they opt out of Live Love Lax or Lax For the Cure I could see some other families leave.

This exactly. G8 aged girls/families were pissed last year. The tournament M&D was in was a joke compared to G8. And teams already opting out of Mid-Atlantic for Maryland Cup. CR got out (sure he's still involved, but like you said, for how long) while the getting was good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

This exactly. G8 aged girls/families were pissed last year. The tournament M&D was in was a joke compared to G8. And teams already opting out of Mid-Atlantic for Maryland Cup. CR got out (sure he's still involved, but like you said, for how long) while the getting was good.[/quote]

Short sighted. One tournament doesn't make the club good or bad. M&D still beat Hero's and BLC and Skywalkers and whomever.
Sure it would it be nice to play in G8 but no doing so didn't ruin the program or the year.

Page 19 of 112 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard