BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 112 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any teams playing in either indoor or outdoor winter leagues? Which teams, leagues, and how is the talent? In the winter leagues is it about reviewing players for Spring PT so everyone plays or is it about the start of earning PT so it’s set by Spring? I wish my daughter’s team was playing over the winter.

There's the Coppermine Indoor League, the Coppermine Snowball League and the CHILL League on Eastern Shore. All three are great, indoor with 7 v 7 is great for lots of touches, no draws that tend to slow down the game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking at the NGLL app that shows teams registered for this year I don’t see Skywalkers for the 27 yet but do for 26’s and 28’s. Anyone know if both SW Blue and White are playing in the NGLL or doing something different. Don’t see Renegades either. See CCLax, TLC and Cavalier now is the A Division. FCA moved to B. Hero’s as both in the A while M&D split between both Divisions. Looks like there is another week to register too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like NL has not registered for any years, but assume they are just lagging? Also interesting to see BLC orange (2nd tier) teams do not appear to be playing NGLL this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like NL has not registered for any years, but assume they are just lagging? Also interesting to see BLC orange (2nd tier) teams do not appear to be playing NGLL this season?

Also interesting that SW has registered all levels except 27.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the Skywalkers 27 is looking for something easier. A friend who’s daughter plays in the Coppermine Winter League said the Coppermine 28 team just beat the SW 27 by a good amount. Not sure how many players were there as we didn’t see the game but I can’t understand what is happening with the younger SW teams. Not what they use to be.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the Skywalkers 27 is looking for something easier. A friend who’s daughter plays in the Coppermine Winter League said the Coppermine 28 team just beat the SW 27 by a good amount. Not sure how many players were there as we didn’t see the game but I can’t understand what is happening with the younger SW teams. Not what they use to be.

Skywalkers is a great organization. But the 27 team is shall we say "lacking in talent"

There aren't many 27 teams they can beat. Even B and C teams. Hopefully things turn around for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So looking at the NGLL app that shows teams registered for this year I don’t see Skywalkers for the 27 yet but do for 26’s and 28’s. Anyone know if both SW Blue and White are playing in the NGLL or doing something different. Don’t see Renegades either. See CCLax, TLC and Cavalier now is the A Division. FCA moved to B. Hero’s as both in the A while M&D split between both Divisions. Looks like there is another week to register too.

Also missing are Stars at not only the 27 level but all levels, wonder what's going on there? Integrity is missing too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they do not want to pay the ridiculous price if you include the per player fee as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they do not want to pay the ridiculous price if you include the per player fee as well.

Isn't that already factored into the Club membership dues, which already are known?

Honestly, NGLL is fantastic, in terms of fields (mostly) and high level product and intensity that these kids don't really see until HS level.
I mean the NGLL National Championship telecast was on par with some ESPN coverages Ive seen of college games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't that already factored into the Club membership dues, which already are known?

Honestly, NGLL is fantastic, in terms of fields (mostly) and high level product and intensity that these kids don't really see until HS level.
I mean the NGLL National Championship telecast was on par with some ESPN coverages Ive seen of college games.

If you are paying a fee "per player per tournament"....you are probably playing for a substandard team.

And yes, for younger girls, the NGLL is a terrific product. Most of the facilities are top notch. And the concentration of talent is as good as it gets in the DMV. I watched the broadcast last spring....I was really surprised at the level of quality they put on. Kids names were about 90% correct. lol But overall, it was really good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL just extended deadline through mid January to register.

Interesting Skywalkers White listed in B but no Skywalkers Blue anywhere
Renegades in B, I thought they coulda made leap to A, same for Stars Light Blue.

FCA Blue drops to B, they should do well there. Looking at some teams in B, you could almost make a C league, theres a few that will struggle in B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades in B, I thought they coulda made leap to A, same for Stars Light Blue.

FCA Blue drops to B, they should do well there. Looking at some teams in B, you could almost make a C league, theres a few that will struggle in B.

How do you see who's registered and in which division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the View Details of the NGLL Midatlantic 2022 Season, click on the name of the division, i.e. 2027A, not the Register button then on the next page click Standing on the right side and it will show you the teams registered

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the View Details of the NGLL Midatlantic 2022 Season, click on the name of the division, i.e. 2027A, not the Register button then on the next page click Standing on the right side and it will show you the teams registered

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about renegades, they should cruise through B level, especially with CCLax gone. Next tier of FCA Stars, HoCo, Next Level probably 4-6 goals behind them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What website are you all finding the league info on? I don't see anything on the NGLL site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What website are you all finding the league info on? I don't see anything on the NGLL site.
https://ngllmidatlantic.leagueapps.com/leagues/lacrosse/2537277-ngll---midatlantic-2022-season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like updated and final US Lax Club Rankings

https://USCL.com/rank?v=2027&alpha=N&y=2021

Very flawed to have these up in the Fall, when teams are not at full rosters and many are not playing to win but playing to see what they have.

STEPS Califonia and LA Select, really hard to have them ranked top-10 without any common opponents.

Same for Madlax as #1. They beat M&D Orlando 10-6, who lost 2-3 to Hero's White. Not sure how that translates to them being ranked ahead of M&D or Hero's or Yellow Jackets, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very flawed to have these up in the Fall, when teams are not at full rosters and many are not playing to win but playing to see what they have.

STEPS Califonia and LA Select, really hard to have them ranked top-10 without any common opponents.

Same for Madlax as #1. They beat M&D Orlando 10-6, who lost 2-3 to Hero's White. Not sure how that translates to them being ranked ahead of M&D or Hero's or Yellow Jackets, etc.

Newsflash. These rankings are a joke. The fact anyone cares about them is rather funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash. These rankings are a joke. The fact anyone cares about them is rather funny.

They are flawed, when you have limited data, and yes, people do care about them. I'd say the 2021 rankings were pretty close to accurate, from Top-10 all the way through top-75.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are flawed, when you have limited data, and yes, people do care about them. I'd say the 2021 rankings were pretty close to accurate, from Top-10 all the way through top-75.

Why does anyone care about who some notIntelligent website thinks is the best 2027 club team? How does it in any way effect your lives or the lives of your daughters? What a completely random and meaningless thing to stress over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does anyone care about who some notIntelligent website thinks is the best 2027 club team? How does it in any way effect your lives or the lives of your daughters? What a completely random and meaningless thing to stress over.

I don't think anyone is "stressing" over this.

Honest question though, why are you reading and posting about 2027 girls lacrosse in the first place? To each their own, just seems odd you feel the need to give your opinion on it if you don't care about "notIntelligent website thinks".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know about this age group, but Steps California is a legit top 15 national team at higher age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does anyone care about who some notIntelligent website thinks is the best 2027 club team? How does it in any way effect your lives or the lives of your daughters? What a completely random and meaningless thing to stress over.[/quote]

Rankings are much more important for middle tier teams than the top ones, especially those from outside the east coast. Some tourney directors (especially robinson) use them to set brackets.

I'd sat they are directionally accurate. Only real place where they miss are for teams who consistently get blown out by top teams by more than the cap (eg skywalkers CT Grizzlies)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings are fun and at the same time don’t change the results when two teams matchup head to head. Those that want to look at them continue to do so as even my daughter enjoys them. I agree they help those teams outside of Maryland in Tournament placement s. However inside Maryland we know they can be incorrect at times. Some teams play easier schedules and win while others play tougher schedules and lose. It’s easy to debate how Pride, NEMS, BLC and LBC could all be adjusted slightly. One clear example is Coppermine. They are ranked below FCA and Skywalkers Blue. I have a friend who’s daughter plays for them and they beat those two teams every time. However they have played us and Hero’s Green in every tournament this Fall hurting their rankings. Not to mention when we played them this Fall they only had 10 of the 27’s there due to soccer. Look I know we are clearly better than them but my point is they are better than teams ranked above them. I also have an older daughter who’s had friends on lower ranked teams still get recruited as some really good girls play on average teams. Ranking are just part of the fun and easy to ignore if you personally don’t like it. We can all agree to disagree but I do see both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at the end of the summer, the rankings are pretty on point. Fall is really worthless, to your point, Coppermine didn't have a win but they would roll over FCA and Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think at the end of the summer, the rankings are pretty on point. Fall is really worthless, to your point, Coppermine didn't have a win but they would roll over FCA and Skywalkers.

With a full roster yes and with ease, but with the lineup they put out in the fall I'm not so sure. The games would have been competitive. Really mismanagement from coppermine for playing this team in top divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying people hold kids back for 2 years so they can play lacrosse against younger kids.....are these kids also...delicately...not smart. It's kinda shocking that there aren't more people pointing out the absurdity of this. What kind of argument does a parent make for a straight A kid to repeat 5th grade again? What kind of school system allows that to happen? What kind of kid is OK with leaving his friends to progress with life while he repeats the same math classes he did the previous year?

Save your time and don't respond with "You have your head in the sand if you don't think this is happening"....I get it....it happens. But it's notIntelligent...in the context of life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With a full roster yes and with ease, but with the lineup they put out in the fall I'm not so sure. The games would have been competitive. Really mismanagement from coppermine for playing this team in top divisions.

Coppermine is in a tough spot. Too much pride to drop to B. Not good enough to hang in top 10 A in Maryland

If they played B in NGLL they would roll the Skywalkers and Renegades type teams.

Maybe their fortunes change in the spring. Good bunch of girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: top divisions, the same can be said for Coppermine's 26s and sometimes 25s. The club must have a rationale they think is sound, but it can't be fun for the girls who have to go out and play such mismatched games. That said, Coppermine 27 does have quite a few girls who are also talented soccer players so seems likely the team you will see in the spring is much improved from the one you saw this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying people hold kids back for 2 years so they can play lacrosse against younger kids.....are these kids also...delicately...not smart. It's kinda shocking that there aren't more people pointing out the absurdity of this. What kind of argument does a parent make for a straight A kid to repeat 5th grade again? What kind of school system allows that to happen? What kind of kid is OK with leaving his friends to progress with life while he repeats the same math classes he did the previous year?

Save your time and don't respond with "You have your head in the sand if you don't think this is happening"....I get it....it happens. But it's notIntelligent...in the context of life.

Was this posted in the wrong thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine is in a tough spot. Too much pride to drop to B. Not good enough to hang in top 10 A in Maryland

If they played B in NGLL they would roll the Skywalkers and Renegades type teams.

I think they are right there in the top-10 of MD, A division. Certainly can beat Renagades or CCLax who will be in A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is it become a self-fulfilling if you drop down. Once you announced you aren't playing A anymore, you likely lose 3-5 of your best players, then you truly are a B team. I know CCLax pickedup a couple solid players from other top B teams because they would be moving up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is it become a self-fulfilling if you drop down. Once you announced you aren't playing A anymore, you likely lose 3-5 of your best players, then you truly are a B team. I know CCLax pickedup a couple solid players from other top B teams because they would be moving up.

Good points. A Division is better with them playing well. Hopefully they get it together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly M&D and Hero’s are the top two. Any of the rest can beat one another on any given day.

NEMS has only beaten Coppermine (#40) & LBC (#21) this Fall while losing to Hero’s Green(#4), M&D Black (#3) and Pride (#11) each twice (missing some to injury & soccer). They tied Coppermine in Prime Time YG, beat them in Chesapeake, beat YJ South & lost to M&D in Prime Time.

Coppermine- beat LBC big in NGLL last year finishing 3rd, beat MD United (#27)YJ Grazidei (#5) and Prime Time (#6) in all at Live Love Lax with this same team less the 4 talented girls they picked up while losing only 1 or 2. This Fall they also tied NEMS (#14) in the Prime Time YGs Tournament. Mid-Atlantic they had no more than 10 girls due to soccer. Two of the last three games against Hero’s they only lost 3-6 & 8-12.

MDU beat Prime Time 3 times over the summer, beat YJ Grazidei but lost to Coppermine. Lost to Aces over the summer but beat them in the Fall. Yet they are #27 and Prime Time is # 6.

LBC only beat Hero’s Green once, tied Coppermine and lost to M&D, Hero’s, Aces and Eagle Stix. Can’t really count the other games as those teams aren’t that strong.

Some teams are still playing majority of their starters while others are doing even PT in the Fall. Some have a few players where soccer or other sports conflict with Fall Lacrosse while others had a lot less conflicts. It’s clear M&D and Hero’s are in a league of their own but they still need teams in that league. All of these teams deserve to play in the A Division along with the others already registered in the NGLL Spring League. I’m still waiting for the day Skywalkers starts to compete with these teams and maybe this is the year from the pick ups they got I hear. I cheer for all to improve because the stronger our League is the better our girls will be in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with ranking the top non-east coast teams is that they rarely play in their own age group when they stay local and these games don't count for ranking points. I can name a few west coast/south/midwest teams who are legit top 30 teams. Neither of these teams are in that group.

Looking at California, you should look at Alliance California who just rolled over the 26 bracket at Sin City, one of the biggest west coast events.

I would expect to see a shakeup in these rankings after Sandstorm in January , where also all of the top CA,CO and TX teams will play in their own age group against each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume the same soccer girls will be missing in the Spring too. Soccer is year round. Maybe they make it to the early Summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly M&D and Hero’s are the top two. Any of the rest can beat one another on any given day.

NEMS has only beaten Coppermine (#40) & LBC (#21) this Fall while losing to Hero’s Green(#4), M&D Black (#3) and Pride (#11) each twice (missing some to injury & soccer). They tied Coppermine in Prime Time YG, beat them in Chesapeake, beat YJ South & lost to M&D in Prime Time.

Coppermine- beat LBC big in NGLL last year finishing 3rd, beat MD United (#27)YJ Grazidei (#5) and Prime Time (#6) in all at Live Love Lax with this same team less the 4 talented girls they picked up while losing only 1 or 2. This Fall they also tied NEMS (#14) in the Prime Time YGs Tournament. Mid-Atlantic they had no more than 10 girls due to soccer. Two of the last three games against Hero’s they only lost 3-6 & 8-12.

MDU beat Prime Time 3 times over the summer, beat YJ Grazidei but lost to Coppermine. Lost to Aces over the summer but beat them in the Fall. Yet they are #27 and Prime Time is # 6.

LBC only beat Hero’s Green once, tied Coppermine and lost to M&D, Hero’s, Aces and Eagle Stix. Can’t really count the other games as those teams aren’t that strong.

Some teams are still playing majority of their starters while others are doing even PT in the Fall. Some have a few players where soccer or other sports conflict with Fall Lacrosse while others had a lot less conflicts. It’s clear M&D and Hero’s are in a league of their own but they still need teams in that league. All of these teams deserve to play in the A Division along with the others already registered in the NGLL Spring League. I’m still waiting for the day Skywalkers starts to compete with these teams and maybe this is the year from the pick ups they got I hear. I cheer for all to improve because the stronger our League is the better our girls will be in the future.

I think that's fair. The big question for me is BLC. Last year, they were the clear #3 team. Curious to see if that is still true. They played M&D and Heros close at Chesapeake but got pwned by Pride.

MD United probably had the most perplexing fall. They may have had the best fall win of any MD team, beating Aces Elite 9-4, but also had a very unexplainable blowout losses, losing by 10 to Prime time and Gold Coast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I assume the same soccer girls will be missing in the Spring too. Soccer is year round. Maybe they make it to the early Summer tournaments.

Maybe, maybe not? The top soccer travel teams (ECNL pipeline) don't allow girls to play other sports, especially other travel sports. So the girls who are doing both are likely playing for a lower tier soccer club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our club has a rule that in spring summer, lacrosse is priority, in fall winter, you are excused to miss lax tournaments.

Not sure why any A team would keep a player who is willing to miss spring summer lacrosse for other sports.

Soccer thinks everything revolves around their sport, I get it,

Page 18 of 112 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard