BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG will NEVER beat YJ A. Get over it and move on.
Miss of death. Why would you ever post that. Even if you think it you should never lost it. I wonder how it this is a bunch of 12 yr old girls post I g on here

Funny reading post of parents who have never been through this before. News flash, wins/losses don't matter. Very soon its about whether your daughter is getting the looks for UA, Nike All star, America select, etc. Only a few per team. The evaluators aren't looking at tourney machine. Focus on your daughter getting better so she is prepared for those evaluations.

PS, the girls don't care 5 minutes after the game is done. Its the dads/moms that care too much.

So true!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Miss of death. Why would you ever post that. Even if you think it you should never lost it. I wonder how it this is a bunch of 12 yr old girls post I g on here

Funny reading post of parents who have never been through this before. News flash, wins/losses don't matter. Very soon its about whether your daughter is getting the looks for UA, Nike All star, America select, etc. Only a few per team. The evaluators aren't looking at tourney machine. Focus on your daughter getting better so she is prepared for those evaluations.

PS, the girls don't care 5 minutes after the game is done. Its the dads/moms that care too much.

Well, win losses do matter in some way, you want your kid on the best teams and teams that lose also lose their talent and teams that win retain talent and bring talent in.

My kid is a goalie and I honestly want a good team around her but not a great team. I want her seeing action, not watching her team dominant draws and watch but also not getting shelled because the defense can't keep up.

You are right though, getting seen the key which means you want to play in A brackets and in "big games" against top teams, which will have eyes on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, win losses do matter in some way, you want your kid on the best teams and teams that lose also lose their talent and teams that win retain talent and bring talent in.

My kid is a goalie and I honestly want a good team around her but not a great team. I want her seeing action, not watching her team dominant draws and watch but also not getting shelled because the defense can't keep up.

You are right though, getting seen the key which means you want to play in A brackets and in "big games" against top teams, which will have eyes on them.

If your daughter doesn't care whether they win / lose.....then I would assume that the team she plays for isn't that competitive or your daughter isn't that competitive. And there is nothing wrong if that gene isn't in her. It doesn't always have to be. There is nothing wrong with playing for the love of the game.

But the best players absolutely care about winning. That is why they play on the best teams. Because if you are not worried about winning and you play on a top team, you won't last long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have an older team. Not sure about 27

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to elevate?

All the teams are going down the drain. Had two sophomore teams and they dissolved into one very mediocre team. Pretty sure the younger teams aren’t far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange. They brought a 26, 28 and 29 to queen of the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There can only be one club on LI that starts with an E and ends with an E.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Yep basically 2027 team all left for other teams at once which left no 2027 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Yep basically 2027 team all left for other teams at once which left no 2027 team.

Lack of focus and management by ownership. They used to be very reputable and over the last few years just haven’t done what they need to do to stay competitive. Sad, because it was a very good, well run club in the past. Maybe they should merge with another club? Liberty? That’s a Nassau club too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There can only be one club on LI that starts with an E and ends with an E.

I thought East Coast Elite dropped their girls program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Lack of focus and management by ownership. They used to be very reputable and over the last few years just haven’t done what they need to do to stay competitive. Sad, because it was a very good, well run club in the past. Maybe they should merge with another club? Liberty? That’s a Nassau club too.

Liberty at this age is in trouble. You may see that team fall apart after the spring. They are no longer a top team and the girls that are good will be leaving for stronger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Liberty at this age is in trouble. You may see that team fall apart after the spring. They are no longer a top team and the girls that are good will be leaving for stronger teams.

Yes lots of movement this past tryout period as girls move to the stronger clubs ahead of high school - agree one more round of that coming up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
overall numbers across the island are down in the 27 class. Means room for fewer travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
overall numbers across the island are down in the 27 class. Means room for fewer travel teams.

curious what makes you say this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall numbers down?????? There’s more girls playing travel now than ever. Some clubs are just a money grab, so people move on. It happens in all travel sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's just wrong....the movement is normal around these grades - just the normal movement where some girls move to more competitive teams and some go the other way - but there are more travel teams than ever that's its actually diluting the talent pool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Bad program, Bad coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 imploded.

Bad program, Bad coaching

I'm curious to understand what happens to elevate too. I have a 29 and was looking for a good nassau club for training. Elevate seems to have some good older teams and some good commit but saw their 28 at Queen of the island, which look rather weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ for all real competitive teams. Most years you can’t go wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI 2027 teams:
3 YJ
2 TG
2 Legacy
2 FLG
2 Empire
2 Liberty
2 Jesters(maybe 3?)
1 Tradition
1 91
1 Lax on
1 elevate??
Am I missing anyone?

Seems like a lot of teams on the island, so i think the claim numbers down is a bit off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI 2027 teams:
3 YJ
2 TG
2 Legacy
2 FLG
2 Empire
2 Liberty
2 Jesters(maybe 3?)
1 Tradition
1 91
1 Lax on
1 elevate??
Am I missing anyone?

Seems like a lot of teams on the island, so i think the claim numbers down is a bit off

S2S has 2 teams as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated standings and FLG Navy clinging (but not for long) the 10th spot - probably will drop to high teens or low 20’s after this summer and YJB out as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So…..about 15 teams that are money grabs. Happy holidays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated standings and FLG Navy clinging (but not for long) the 10th spot - probably will drop to high teens or low 20’s after this summer and YJB out as well.

You really have a thing for Navy. Was your daughter cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really have a thing for Navy. Was your daughter cut?
Great question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah S2S has 2 and FLG-Blue Devils, so essentially 20 teams in this age group on the island which is a good amount.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah S2S has 2 and FLG-Blue Devils, so essentially 20 teams in this age group on the island which is a good amount.

We were just discussing this in MD, the 2027 age just doesn’t have as many B C teams nationally, one person pointed out the downturn in economy in 2007-2008, people actively held off having kids, so less born in fall 2008, 2009. Not sure I buy it but interesting thoughts none the less.

Quality seems as high as any year just not the total numbers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were just discussing this in MD, the 2027 age just doesn’t have as many B C teams nationally, one person pointed out the downturn in economy in 2007-2008, people actively held off having kids, so less born in fall 2008, 2009. Not sure I buy it but interesting thoughts none the less.

Where is this coming from?? Has someone done a census for the number of 2027 girls playing lax? I think we’ve already put to bed that there are probably way TOO many teams not the opposite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is this coming from?? Has someone done a census for the number of 2027 girls playing lax? I think we’ve already put to bed that there are probably way TOO many teams not the opposite

Anecdotal evidence only.

Coppermine for example: A&B teams for 2023, 2024, 2025, 2028, 2029, (A only for 26 & 27)
MD United A&B teams for 2022, 2023, 2025, 2028, 2029 (A only for 24, 26, 27)
M&D just created B team for 2027 level after not having one last year
A few others as well.

May also be, for MD anyways, 2027 seemed to be the last year that club teams for most part started after 3rd grade. Now you see club teams with 3rd grade teams across the board, some with 2nd grade teams, not just your M&D and Hero's, but B clubs.

When my 2027 was in 4th grade, there were 9 teams in NGLL. This year's 4th grade there are currently 18.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

curious what makes you say this

PAL numbers over the past 3 to 4 years. 27s have always been lower than comparably other years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted the original comment. I was referred to rec not travel. My point is that fewer girls playing rec means fewer potential travel players.

I also think some changes in travel soccer where more top clubs are requiring girls to specialize is playing a role too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted the original comment. I was referred to rec not travel. My point is that fewer girls playing rec means fewer potential travel players.

I also think some changes in travel soccer where more top clubs are requiring girls to specialize is playing a role too.

Is playing soccer or Lacrosse going to help open doors for college? Maybe they should play field hockey ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls are being forced to specialize at younger and younger ages -in my opinion t's terrible and is a result of $$ infiltrating everything that has to do with youth sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is playing soccer or Lacrosse going to help open doors for college? Maybe they should play field hockey ?

Soccer? That’s an uphill battle, unless you are at elite level, you are competing against international kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soccer? That’s an uphill battle, unless you are at elite level, you are competing against international kids.

In some ways, soccer is driving more girls to speciallize in lax earlier. The two top LI girls clubs -- East Meadow and SUSA (Smithtown) both require specialization starting I believe at age 13. As a result many girls who play both are picking one of the other in early middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FH opps from LI are few and far between, unfortunately. LI is far behind other regions wheee FH is very strong. It’s a great sport that could open doors, but not really from here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FH opps from LI are few and far between, unfortunately. LI is far behind other regions wheee FH is very strong. It’s a great sport that could open doors, but not really from here

The same could be said for soccer on Long Island. A ton of girls play it, but even SUSA and East Meadow are only good on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if everyone saw, but M&D/Robinson sports were sold to 3 Step who own many lax teams, NGLL and tourney groups.

Wonder the potential implication to YJ/Steps tourneys going forward. Assume no changes this year, but may see some exodus in numbers from the YJ/Steps events.

Page 13 of 32 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard