BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 9 of 220 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by laxdad
As a parent of a 2019 player and whose daughter attended her first tryout for a travel lax team, I was very impressed by the way the try out was run. When it came time to to scrimmage, Coach Levy blew the whistle at regular intervals and the other coaches managed the subs. My personal feeling is that, at the tryout I attended, the decision for placemnt for most girls was made at the stations and the scrimmage was for the bubble girls.

Go to a Yellow Jacket tryout. You will be amazed at the level of talent.

Also, the 2019 yellow jacket coach is excellent!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've had three of mine on the sideline watching their sister play until it was their time.
It was a great family experience as well. And although my one was asked to even warm up with her sister's team, I declined because it was her sister's team and there was no reason for it. She wasnt going to fall behind by sittting out and waiting until she was old enough to tryout which she did two years later
Years later and now plays in high school. So jealousy? Not at all. I've been around sports my whole life, way before the big youth madness. Do you really believe kids wouldnt choose to play with their own age and friends unless their parents were whispering in their ears that theyre too good and need to play with the older girls? Just my opinion which is what i thought these boards were for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, and my comment about playing up was just fact of how the organization is run, not to single out anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a 2019 player and whose daughter attended her first tryout for a travel lax team, I was very impressed by the way the try out was run. When it came time to to scrimmage, Coach Levy blew the whistle at regular intervals and the other coaches managed the subs. My personal feeling is that, at the tryout I attended, the decision for placemnt for most girls was made at the stations and the scrimmage was for the bubble girls.

The YJ 2019 coach is a nut! and will have a YJ director holding his hand this year, he must change his apersona or he is out!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The YJ 2019 coach is a nut! and will have a YJ director holding his hand this year, he must change his apersona or he is out!
This thread is for discussion covering the Top Guns program as opposed to passing opinion on another program's coaches - either positive or negative. Let's stay on topic please.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've got the wrong team. You are thinking about the 2018 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you do not believe that playing at a younger age is an advantage later on then why did you have your children start at such a young age.Further why do feel the need to knock the parents who push their kids to excel, I for one have nothing but respect for the amount of time many of these parents put in with their children.Check the rosters for the yj 2019 team many 2020 kids on the team but you do not seem to mind. Matter of fact almost all travel lacrosse teams have some kids of younger ages at their lowest age level.Bottem line if the kid is good enough to make the team so be it.Must drive you crazy when an academically gifted child gets moved up a grade or takes more advanced classes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine started in 7th grade and both doing great. I hope your daughter lives up to all your expectations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no 2020 team! If there's a team for your age you should play on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't wait to see the rosters, nonE are on sight! Anyone know when we will get this information?Also, do they play winter lax> If so where? MY niece will be playing, not sure where in West babylon the team turns out of? Way to go Billy, looks like you have your hands full. I'll be WITH the old silverhared guy with the red cups..

Nice Jim! I will join you, I think the rosters will be up soon, he was waiting to hear from a few who were without power.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope your daughters exceed yours

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
At least two teams played at that indoor place in Mt. Sinai (I thinkI) last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when they are going to post hte rosters for the 2012 tryouts I thought they would be up by now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't require a payment to be made until 9/12, so maybe they will wait til then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when they are going to post hte rosters for the 2012 tryouts I thought they would be up by now

I would imagine they would not post a full roster until everyone confirmed and paid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine they would not post a full roster until everyone confirmed and paid?

you will not have a complete roster until YJ tryouts are done. Many will pay but leave when/if the make YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so they will pay the 200 dollars and if they make the yellow jackets will forfeit the 200 dollars to play for them that doesnt make sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my daughter played on the 2017 top gun team last year and tried out again this year and made the black team again i heard there were a lot of changes made.My daughter made alot of friends from last years team and i know she is going to be upset not playing with some girls.I tried to explain to her that there will be always changes to make the team better and that it could be you next year. That u have to always keep praticing to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so they will pay the 200 dollars and if they make the yellow jackets will forfeit the 200 dollars to play for them that doesnt make sense to me.

Does it really make a differrence if you pay $1400 OR $1600? fOR $200 it's worth it to hedge your bet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really make a differrence if you pay $1400 OR $1600? fOR $200 it's worth it to hedge your bet.

Or maybe your daughter makes top guns balck, then has no intrest in trying out for yj blue, that's where we're at. Funny talkking to another parent about the tg tryouts, his daughter made the purple team, they are declining convinced she will try out and make yj blue. I am nearly positive this won't happen and she will be playing a team or two down on yj's. I think most of the players who tryout and make tg black are happy to be on the team and are not looking to just hold a spot holding out for yj. It is the players who didn't make tg black, taking another shot at yj try outs, perhaps trying to grab a spot on yj blue as an upgrade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's called burning bridges. When your daughter commits, teams are formed, other girls interested in a spot on the team are let go, coaches hired, arrangements made based on this comitment. IMO nobody will do that. You have to roll the dice, if you are offered a position on any team, either you accept and that's it, or decline and try your luck somewhere else. Luckily my daughter made it on her desired team, so she doesn't have to worry about it, but. We/ she would never accept a spot on a team then bail, your affecting other players around you if you do that. With that said I'm sure someone, somewhere will pull that move, that's something others observe and it follows you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its done all the time in the boy world of travel sports, so I don't doubt it will happen in the girl world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's called burning bridges. When your daughter commits, teams are formed, other girls interested in a spot on the team are let go, coaches hired, arrangements made based on this comitment. IMO nobody will do that. You have to roll the dice, if you are offered a position on any team, either you accept and that's it, or decline and try your luck somewhere else. Luckily my daughter made it on her desired team, so she doesn't have to worry about it, but. We/ she would never accept a spot on a team then bail, your affecting other players around you if you do that. With that said I'm sure someone, somewhere will pull that move, that's something others observe and it follows you.

My daughter is heading off to college afer playing YJ blue for the past 3 years. This happens every year. Parents do pay 200 to hold the spot and if they make better they jump ship. So beware, you kids team may get worse!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I look at college lists posted by YJ I am also better off playing on a YJ Gold team rather than a TG team that has no past experience with recruitment and commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I look at college lists posted by YJ I am also better off playing on a YJ Gold team rather than a TG team that has no past experience with recruitment and commitments.

I wonder if the paid recuitment service," not officially affilated with yj's" would allow or accept players from other teams, and how that would work out. Anyone with experience with using this service from outside the yj organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like we'll find out soon enough about whether Parents have put down $200 to secure a spot and tryout for YJ anyway. The tryouts for their younger girls is Dec 4th. That second payment for Top Guns is almost due...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i play for top guns, my mother and father are not agressive, thanks vvery much makes me feel good. my parents actually dont yell at the officals as other parents do. someones parents on yellow jackets yelled at me while i was playing and said " you suck and so does your travel team, what are you playing, softball?" I have nothing against yellow jackets at all. They have many good players and have a very good program, I was just putting it out there. From, A Long Island Top Guns Player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whoa whoa whoa, i dont know what arge bracket you are from but i rarely ever hear the yj parents yell derogatory comments at OTHER teams. yelling at their kids i can understand but not at other players. coming from a top guns player....just putting that out there

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
i play for top guns, my mother and father are not agressive, thanks vvery much makes me feel good. my parents actually dont yell at the officals as other parents do. someones parents on yellow jackets yelled at me while i was playing and said " you suck and so does your travel team, what are you playing, softball?" I have nothing against yellow jackets at all. They have many good players and have a very good program, I was just putting it out there. From, A Long Island Top Guns Player
Unlikely that this was said while you were on the field listening for sideline chatter that other parents would not have heard, unlikely that a player contributed to the BOTC message board, and unlikely that a player would change the subject from the Top Guns to the Yellow Jackets. Conclusion : Unlikely that this is grounded in reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know when they are posting rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,I Thought they would be posted by now i dont know what the hold up is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got so my money so fast this year I figure it would be up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a practice scheduled in early November, I would imagine that they wouldn't post anything till that date gets a little closer.

No reason to post it any sooner and give any advantage to other clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So did they collect the annual fee before telling people what team they were on? That's a little odd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So did they collect the annual fee before telling people what team they were on? That's a little odd.

That would be odd, but that's not what they did. They sent out e-mails inviting girls to each individual team, so the girls who acceptted know what team they are on. They just haven't posted the full team rosters to the public yet. Most of the girls on each team are friends with each other and know who's in and who's out. Many may not know of new players coming in unless they are friends with them outside of the club. I can think of many pro and cons of making rosters public, especially prior to many other club's try-outs. So for whatever reason rosters have not been posted, it doesn't bother me one bit. The girls who were asked to join the team know who they are, nobody else really needs to know if that is they way they choose to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be odd, but that's not what they did. They sent out e-mails inviting girls to each individual team, so the girls who acceptted know what team they are on. They just haven't posted the full team rosters to the public yet. Most of the girls on each team are friends with each other and know who's in and who's out. Many may not know of new players coming in unless they are friends with them outside of the club. I can think of many pro and cons of making rosters public, especially prior to many other club's try-outs. So for whatever reason rosters have not been posted, it doesn't bother me one bit. The girls who were asked to join the team know who they are, nobody else really needs to know if that is they way they choose to do it.

Agreed, some girls may be coming from other clubs that have not held tryouts yet and Top Guns may be respecting their privacy. Just curious-do all teams post rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Advantage but they may Jump ship if they make another top team!!

last year they waited until after YJ is over!!

Dont hold breath for those rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Advantage but they may Jump ship if they make another top team!!

last year they waited until after YJ is over!!

Dont hold breath for those rosters

This also gives kids who made the B teams, a chance to try out for higher teams on other clubs. If they don't make that, then they may decide to come back a B teamer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or when kids dont make yj blue they come to topguns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Or when kids dont make yj blue they come to topguns [/quot

BOTC has set up a thread just for yj's.Oobnoxious yj parents should post your comments there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 220 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard