BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 58 59
Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys in the class of 2029 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for options for box lacrosse leagues/clinics for 2029 age group.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are you? My son plays for the Warthogs. Love it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No crabs.
No problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Tier Is Gonna Be:

Hawks
Madlax
Next Level
BLC
Blue Claws
Cavalier
True

And LTLC Will Move Up To Take The Crabs Spot.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top Tier Is Gonna Be:

Hawks
Madlax
Next Level
BLC
Blue Claws
Cavalier
True

And LTLC Will Move Up To Take The Crabs Spot.
Is going to be, Hawks dad, is going to be. Keep on Glen Burning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s only 27 True teams so one of them is bound to be ranked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to watch some action on the 2029s today at the Maryland Lacrosse Fall Tournament which was a great fall event. Many teams seemed to be up and down on players throughout the day probably due to other sports conflicts. 100% expected in the fall.

Tier 1
Madlax - Great chemistry displayed throughout the event. Great offensive movement. Only going to get better and better.

Tier 2
BLC - Solid team with lots of all around talent. They were neck and neck with Madlax.
Next Level - A narrow loss to Madlax. Going to be awesome to watch Madlax, Bethesda, and Next Level slug it out all year long as they battle for NOVA.
FCA - Appeared to have a lot of new players. Held their own against BLC, but were short handed against Madlax. Will be interesting to see if they will gel, rise towards the top, or flop.

Tier 3
Predators - Saw a ton of Team 91 (MD) helmets on their roster. Only scoring 1 goal against upper level talent (Next Level, FCA) is not going to cut it. Reminder...first year team with tons of upside to grown and improve.
VLC - Brand new team, will look to develop as the season goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to watch some action on the 2029s today at the Maryland Lacrosse Fall Tournament which was a great fall event. Many teams seemed to be up and down on players throughout the day probably due to other sports conflicts. 100% expected in the fall.

Tier 1
Madlax - Great chemistry displayed throughout the event. Great offensive movement. Only going to get better and better.

Tier 2
BLC - Solid team with lots of all around talent. They were neck and neck with Madlax.
Next Level - A narrow loss to Madlax. Going to be awesome to watch Madlax, Bethesda, and Next Level slug it out all year long as they battle for NOVA.
FCA - Appeared to have a lot of new players. Held their own against BLC, but were short handed against Madlax. Will be interesting to see if they will gel, rise towards the top, or flop.

Tier 3
Predators - Saw a ton of Team 91 (MD) helmets on their roster. Only scoring 1 goal against upper level talent (Next Level, FCA) is not going to cut it. Reminder...first year team with tons of upside to grown and improve.

Moving FCA down a Tier might make sense based on the scores. VLC might deserve Tier 4 to themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Moving FCA down a Tier might make sense based on the scores. VLC might deserve Tier 4 to themselves.

The only difference between Preds and VLC is that people expected/hoped Preds would flop out of the gate (which......more like they just reaffirmed they are not an elite club) and, the same people - with no evidence really - expected/hoped VLC would magically put a competent elite team together in 6 weeks, which they did not. Both are regional expansion teams and both had the same kind of day against elite/AAA competition. Both clubs will be fine at the 2029 level. Unless they think they are playing elite ball in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I heard, Preds 2029 is mostly Team 91 MD 2029s from last year as their coach left and came over? Any truth to that based on what you saw this weekend?

Where does that leave Team 91 MD this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Team 91 2029s is almost a whole new team. Yes Preds 2029 is mostly the Team 91 from last year.

I am FCA 2029 dad. Our team is almost half Crabs kids, another half is the 29/30 FCA from last year and a couple others mixed in so it is very new. This weekend at Maryland Lacrosse Fall Tournament was their first games together. We did not even have a scrimmage before Madlax Capital got a chance to unload on us in the first game. Considering the second game was Bethesda Blue that was 5-2, it seems very good for the 2029 FCA moving forward. But only time will tell.

Tier 0 would be Annapolis Hawks by a long shot. Everybody starts a tier below them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Cap 29 handily beat the Hawks for the NAL championship in a pretty much Madlax controlled game. Then Hawks won in Hershey in sudden death OT where Madlax Cap 29 was playing without their #1 defender. Pretty evenly matched team. Great kids on both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DMV located, non-ML29 dad here. So take this for what it's worth.

I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the 29 NAL and Hershey games. With a full complement ML is pretty hard to beat at the moment, and as noted above the Hershey game was a barn burner. This will be a battle to watch for years to come...much like the other ML and Hawks age groups.

I would add that ML29s recruited two stud BLC kids (twins) this fall which has tightened up their already ridiculously strong defense even further and added new legs to the midfield.

Opponents should be prepared to play a club that has matured very quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Limited experience in club lax but I’m gonna go ahead and presume hawks picked up a couple new toys also.

Gotta be honest, until 5th or 6th grade it seems like glorified bobble head ball anyway. The next two years will tell us who is what and the real story.

That said, the 29 pool was thin last year and I think (could be wrong) that the hawks beat ML like 5 out of 6 times. BLC 6 times or more. And next level several times (3-4 maybe).

Pretty hard to beat any good team twice in a year. Let alone 3-6 times. So you have to assume ML found a tendency and finally exposed it. Only to lose the next one.

Gonna be a VERY interesting season I’m thinking. And maybe we shouldn’t sleep on some of the others like true who was the best losing team in the 29 bracket last year.

And if BLC lost two studs, does someone leapfrog them?

Should be fun to see play out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DMV located, non-ML29 dad here. So take this for what it's worth.

I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the 29 NAL and Hershey games. With a full complement ML is pretty hard to beat at the moment, and as noted above the Hershey game was a barn burner. This will be a battle to watch for years to come...much like the other ML and Hawks age groups.

I would add that ML29s recruited two stud BLC kids (twins) this fall which has tightened up their already ridiculously strong defense even further and added new legs to the midfield.

Opponents should be prepared to play a club that has matured very quickly.

Thanks twins dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the Elite Six Challenge next month outside of Annapolis? It is following the sixes format.. smaller field, smaller rosters, continuous play.. elitesixchallenge.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appears ML and Hawks may get a chance to see who got the better upgrades at NAL in a couple of weeks. Presuming they both win their pools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 AND 2029 PARENTS BEWARE! Madlax's box league has a number of 2027 players. These are big, strong and athletic players who have just started playing lacrosse and were placed in the younger division to allow them to "develop." I suppose if you are playing in a Madlax league you may know this already and have it built it into your decision process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? I hope they aren't doing that in the other divisions. Are they Madlax boys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks, I’ve been thinking. There isn’t near enough trash talk on this thread. The other threads are embarrassed by us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen all 4 teams play. I haven't noticed 1 kid that fits that descriptio in terms of 27 grade, with size and athletic ability.

There are some kids that stick out skill wise but they are 28s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow the 29 thread needs some pep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe 2 of them were shamed out of going by their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannot wait for lax to adopt the age standard over the grade standard! Talk amongst yourselves….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams from LI good at this age group? No discussions at all. Maybe it’s a weak year for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Things started so well when non madlax dad slash madlax dad told everyone how much better they were. I’m going back to the 28 page to be entertained. This is lame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best team I have seen is 91 pride. But there is a gap between them and the maryland teams.

Express I think lost to hawks by 10 at NAL not sure on that score. Igloo seems scrappy.

Not sure who else is even out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in Club Lax Nationals at Orlando on New Years at this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only madlax. To stroke their egos against terrible teams. True national will be the only true national will score a goal against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 91 Pride team is ok. Should be much better. Lots of drama the past few years with so many daddy coaches like 8 or 9. Too many coaches on that sideline. The coaches looked confused and yelling in a blowout loss in the chip to a Nationals team with 3 subs including a goalie. Didn’t hear about them or see them this Fall, so who knows but 91 usually seems to figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 91 Pride team is ok. Should be much better. Lots of drama the past few years with so many daddy coaches like 8 or 9. Too many coaches on that sideline. The coaches looked confused and yelling in a blowout loss in the chip to a Nationals team with 3 subs including a goalie. Didn’t hear about them or see them this Fall, so who knows but 91 usually seems to figure it out.

Let’s start this off like every other thread. The LI 2029’s are mostly 2011 birth years with a few post 9/1/2010. While the Maryland teams are mainly 2010’s some 2011’s and a few late 2009’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a soured LI daddy who saw his son’s team get spanked against the MD teams. I know of plenty LI teams that have the same make up as MD teams up the ladder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a soured LI daddy who saw his son’s team get spanked against the MD teams. I know of plenty LI teams that have the same make up as MD teams up the ladder.

Ok holdback daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn’t you be confused and frantic if a team with two subs was playing make it take it and ramming it down your teams throat? 91 has a bunch of talent and bloodline though. Whole staff are former Hofstra guys and many who played in the MLL. They will be fine.

Still a huge gap between the two best teams (hawks and ML) from any team out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long discussion with some lacrosse in the know people. Conclusion, Even tho son born in Oct and on age, Best recommendation is to hold him back now, not 8th grade , if he intends to go D1 . They said it is a no brainer. Hold him back or suffer later. Give him confidence plus he will get lots of playing time. He is starter now, but that shouldn't matter . He will be a great player next year. His grades are good now. My conclusion is to Hold him back and give him that edge. It seems like it is the way now with top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long discussion with some lacrosse in the know people. Conclusion, Even tho son born in Oct and on age, Best recommendation is to hold him back now, not 8th grade , if he intends to go D1 . They said it is a no brainer. Hold him back or suffer later. Give him confidence plus he will get lots of playing time. He is starter now, but that shouldn't matter . He will be a great player next year. His grades are good now. My conclusion is to Hold him back and give him that edge. It seems like it is the way now with top players.

If he plans him going D1! good luck with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn’t you be confused and frantic if a team with two subs was playing make it take it and ramming it down your teams throat? 91 has a bunch of talent and bloodline though. Whole staff are former Hofstra guys and many who played in the MLL. They will be fine.

Still a huge gap between the two best teams (hawks and ML) from any team out there.

Seems like Madlax and Hawks have the best teams early then fade. My guess is their holdbacks lose their advantage once everyone goes through puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me this is a joke post. You are planning on holding back your fifth grader because you think that he needs the “edge” and “intends to go D1”? Dude, chilllll. Let it play out. Wayyyy to young to be thinking ahead that far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huge gap is spot on. That 91 Pride team seems to be average like that 2026 team they have which needed help from Machine kids to qualify for WS. Bloodlines and pro ball doesn’t always get passed down. This age group may not have any LI teams in the top 10 or 20 when rankings finally come out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 58 59
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard