BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 73 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I live NC and can definitely tell you that the UNC camps are a HUGE draw. UNC has a massive social media following and they know how to market their camps and word gets around. On connectlax you can see a list of some recruits confirmed to be attending and some big names on there already.

Yes, we are here on LI and know lots of girls heading to UNC camp on the weekend. That camp will be at full capacity… It’s sold out! Not sure if that’s do good. May be too many girls?

There will be in total around 400 field players and around 30 goalies, about 50-60% will be 24s, about 20% 25s and a few middle schoolers and 23s.

Serious question - How can anyone possibly stand out if there are 400 players there?

Only the top athletes/players will stand out. The players who will receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs are Identified quickly. The majority of players will not stand out, that doesn’t mean that they are not good players, they just will not stand out compared to the best players. Keep in mind, there are two ways to “stand out” you can be better than most or you can be weaker than most… the majority of players at a camp like UNC will be good solid players.

If your daughter is one of the top kids the recruiting process will be fun and easy. For most it will be stressful and confusing at times.

Most will have to develop a plan and market themselves to the programs that they are interested in.

Assuming your 24 daughter played a good fall schedule, you should already have a sense of which schools are at least (somewhat) interested. If your club recruiting director hasn't heard from at least a few of your targeted schools expressing interest., you are probably targeting schools at too high of a lacrosse level. This isn't to say that if a school hasn't reached out to your club yet, that they aren't interested, however, if no one is reaching out, take that as a sign.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live NC and can definitely tell you that the UNC camps are a HUGE draw. UNC has a massive social media following and they know how to market their camps and word gets around. On connectlax you can see a list of some recruits confirmed to be attending and some big names on there already.

Yes, we are here on LI and know lots of girls heading to UNC camp on the weekend. That camp will be at full capacity… It’s sold out! Not sure if that’s do good. May be too many girls?

There will be in total around 400 field players and around 30 goalies, about 50-60% will be 24s, about 20% 25s and a few middle schoolers and 23s.

Serious question - How can anyone possibly stand out if there are 400 players there?

Only the top athletes/players will stand out. The players who will receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs are Identified quickly. The majority of players will not stand out, that doesn’t mean that they are not good players, they just will not stand out compared to the best players. Keep in mind, there are two ways to “stand out” you can be better than most or you can be weaker than most… the majority of players at a camp like UNC will be good solid players.

If your daughter is one of the top kids the recruiting process will be fun and easy. For most it will be stressful and confusing at times.

Most will have to develop a plan and market themselves to the programs that they are interested in.

Assuming your 24 daughter played a good fall schedule, you should already have a sense of which schools are at least (somewhat) interested. If your club recruiting director hasn't heard from at least a few of your targeted schools expressing interest., you are probably targeting schools at too high of a lacrosse level. This isn't to say that if a school hasn't reached out to your club yet, that they aren't interested, however, if no one is reaching out, take that as a sign.

Does your clubs recruiting director tell the girls who reached out to her? Or, does your daughter have to ask her?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we have regular check-ins where she shared who has reached out. This helps in updating target list, planning summer schedule in additional to finding certain things that should be highlighted as you cut up our fall film.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does your clubs recruiting director tell the girls who reached out to her? Or, does your daughter have to ask her?

Our club always called us to discuss the conversations they had with college coaches. They also would forward us the emails. Many times the club coach was the liaison between us and the college coaches prior to Sept. 1. We were able to communicate our level of interest that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our daughter and her coaches & recruiting director talk multiple times a week about recruiting.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our daughter and her coaches & recruiting director talk multiple times a week about recruiting.

I am completely curious as to how many teams have contacted your club about your daughter ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear anything about IWLCA Experience before the Dallas President's Cup?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am completely curious as to how many teams have contacted your club about your daughter ?

We’ve had 6 colleges reach out to the club and/or coach since presidents cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’ve had 5 schools my daughters target list and 2 not on the list reach out this fall. Actually most of these were from lax for the cure not champions cup.

Of those 5, 3 came back and watched live at IWLCA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What girls are going to best in class? Seems like some good players from other areas. Anyone doing under armour 150 ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club does your daughter play for? She must be a top recruit.

We’ve had 6 colleges reach out to the club and/or coach since presidents cup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Our daughter and her coaches & recruiting director talk multiple times a week about recruiting.

We’ve had 6 colleges reach out to the club and/or coach since presidents cup[/quote

What club are you with ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone hear anything about IWLCA Experience before the Dallas President's Cup?

My daughter did it. I wasn't a fan. WAY too many girls there, she never got to play in front of the coaches whose schools she was interested in. You didn't miss anything except flying in a day early to spend some extra money on a camp. My 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Our daughter and her coaches & recruiting director talk multiple times a week about recruiting.

We’ve had 6 colleges reach out to the club and/or coach since presidents cup[/quote

What club are you with ?

Reach out??… It’s Not D1 until 9/1
D2 and D3 can talk but they are talking their time with 2024
2023 is still the focus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the OP is saying the colleges reached out to the coaches or directors, obviously they can’t contact any 2024 directly. That’s what I got from reading the post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’ve had 5 schools my daughters target list and 2 not on the list reach out this fall. Actually most of these were from lax for the cure not champions cup.

Of those 5, 3 came back and watched live at IWLCA

What do you mean Reach out? Are you 2023?
So many opportunities to be seen -camps, clinics , tourneys. Thank you for sharing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the OP is saying the colleges reached out to the coaches or directors, obviously they can’t contact any 2024 directly. That’s what I got from reading the post.

Seems like some fake news on the verge of a drop.
The most that’s happening with the D1 schools is that they are looking at your connectlax account. That is not considered reaching out or they wouldn’t do it.
You don’t need to be a superstar or have a self promoting superstar recruiting director to have that happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like some fake news on the verge of a drop.
The most that’s happening with the D1 schools is that they are looking at your connectlax account. That is not considered reaching out or they wouldn’t do it.
You don’t need to be a superstar or have a self promoting superstar recruiting director to have that happen.

NCAA rules allow the coaches to express interest in a player to your club director, just not the “level of interest”. Further, college coaches are allowed to reach out to the player with a questionnaire. Having gone through this before, my daughter was informed of interest from her club director as well received questionnaire requests in a few ways (direct responses to emails she sent coaches, unsolicited emails and hand written letters via US mail as well). This all started during the fall tourneys and accelerated into mid/late December - post tourneys and during the winter camp and prospect clinics. Would slow down a bit during the NCAA season, then pick up after in the summer and leading up to Sep 1. Good luck to those new to the process!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top 30 programs have 6+ girls committed. Those top programs may have 1 or 2 spots for a 2023 or more likely a 5th year transfer. The top programs are where the girls looking to play an extra year are going. So this is prime time for them to look at 2024's at camps, showcase and tournaments. Most probably have begun to reach out, but understand they will cast a large net over the next 8 months. You never forget you first D1 contact, haha. So why should they wait to contact clubs about the top girls in the 2024 class that have caught their eye. Recruiting never ends and is stressful for both parties involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For anyone who wants to play at a higher level.
If you include new programs and U of Hartford as a D1 option.
124 D1 Womens Lacrosse Programs
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA
Also, many club teams at great colleges.
Some of the clubs play at a fairly competitive level.
So many options for all and numbers are climbing.
Hopefully,the primary goal is getting an education

Thank you for posting this. Sometimes things that are posted on here don’t seem genuine or truthful. That makes me sad for those that are actually looking for advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the person still didn't answer the question about what club they are from.

What club does your daughter play fo?

106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA

Thank you for posting this. Sometimes things that are posted on here don’t seem genuine or truthful. That makes me sad for those that are actually looking for advice.
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can’t answer because the complete grouping of posts were complete nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no reason for anyone to be to specific about them self because to many crazies would try to connect the dots to their kid. It's the anonymity that allows people to share good info and help paint an accurate picture of the lacrosse landscape. The catch 22 is the crazies also flourish with the anonymity, but there is more good than bad. Keep it up. I am a fan of more information, the trick is how you filter it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter did it. I wasn't a fan. WAY too many girls there, she never got to play in front of the coaches whose schools she was interested in. You didn't miss anything except flying in a day early to spend some extra money on a camp. My 2 cents.

Just as I thought. I saw the event listed but after we had already booked our arrangements-- thankfully. When we got back I wondered what become of it. Thanks for sharing your own experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no reason for anyone to be to specific about them self because to many crazies would try to connect the dots to their kid. It's the anonymity that allows people to share good info and help paint an accurate picture of the lacrosse landscape. The catch 22 is the crazies also flourish with the anonymity, but there is more good than bad. Keep it up. I am a fan of more information, the trick is how you filter it.

More Nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly it was d1 coaches who saw her play and wanted her personally at camps or more info about her I guess. Older daughter has similar as a sophomore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can’t answer because the complete grouping of posts were complete nonsense.

What exactly do you believe to be Nonsense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly it was d1 coaches who saw her play and wanted her personally at camps or more info about her I guess. Older daughter has similar as a sophomore.

Somebody is obviously trying to make themselves seem important. Obvious violation of NCAA rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody is obviously trying to make themselves seem important. Obvious violation of NCAA rules.

Why would you say “Obvious violation of NCAA rules.”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not a violation. My daughter just went through recruiting. Prior to Sept. 1, several coaches communicated with us through our club director. We knew exactly where we stood, and they knew where they stood as well. My daughter also recieved text messages from coaches asking for information. She could not have a back and forth dialog, but it is all completely within the NCAA regulations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think the OP is saying the colleges reached out to the coaches or directors, obviously they can’t contact any 2024 directly. That’s what I got from reading the post.

This is not a violation. My daughter just went through recruiting. Prior to Sept. 1, several coaches communicated with us through our club director. We knew exactly where we stood, and they knew where they stood as well. My daughter also recieved text messages from coaches asking for information. She could not have a back and forth dialog, but it is all completely within the NCAA regulations[/quote

D1 reaching out an expressing interest right now in 2024?
Filling out a questionnaire off the website or at an id clinic or getting a hit on connect lax doesn’t mean they are recruiting you.
D2 and D3 different story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not a violation. My daughter just went through recruiting. Prior to Sept. 1, several coaches communicated with us through our club director. We knew exactly where we stood, and they knew where they stood as well. My daughter also recieved text messages from coaches asking for information. She could not have a back and forth dialog, but it is all completely within the NCAA regulations

Exactly! This is completely normal for strong players and clubs. I don’t blame the parent for not saying their name given there is someone very negative on here who doesn’t want anything about any others clubs known. If your kids team isn’t being helped with recruiting or getting coaches reaching out then put more focus on making your kids recruitable and less try to stir the pot when others are asking and answering questions.

My older daughter went through this process and is a 24 now and she also had coaches reaching out through coaches and the club and most certainly had coaches at games fall of sophomore year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! This is completely normal for strong players and clubs. I don’t blame the parent for not saying their name given there is someone very negative on here who doesn’t want anything about any others clubs known. If your kids team isn’t being helped with recruiting or getting coaches reaching out then put more focus on making your kids recruitable and less try to stir the pot when others are asking and answering questions.

My older daughter went through this process and is a 24 now and she also had coaches reaching out through coaches and the club and most certainly had coaches at games fall of sophomore year

Is your 24 a sophmore in HS?
The rules for lacrosse are the most strict now because 0f what went on a few years ago.
I’m sure the very top players on the top club on LI have a pretty good idea where they stand on Sept 1 but
Rules are specific in regards to contact with coaches and clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think the OP is saying the colleges reached out to the coaches or directors, obviously they can’t contact any 2024 directly. That’s what I got from reading the post.

This is not a violation. My daughter just went through recruiting. Prior to Sept. 1, several coaches communicated with us through our club director. We knew exactly where we stood, and they knew where they stood as well. My daughter also recieved text messages from coaches asking for information. She could not have a back and forth dialog, but it is all completely within the NCAA regulations[/quote

Filling out a questionnaire off the website or at an id clinic or getting a hit on connect lax doesn’t mean they are recruiting you.

Again, d1 is actively recruiting and expressing interests in 2024s. Just because you haven’t received interest Does not mean other kids haven’t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is how it went down for my daughter who is a 23 and was heavily recruited on sept 1. I’m not bragging. I’m sharing info. She Emailed consistently anyone she was interested in beginning last fall. By mid June/July we knew where she stood with many on the list as they had direct contact with her club coaches many times throughout the summer season and august. They invite their highest interest to private camps all the way up till aug 30th. So. Come sept 1. She knew some who were calling and then also had some nice surprises

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, d1 is actively recruiting and expressing interests in 2024s. Just because you haven’t received interest Does not mean other kids haven’t

If you mean that coaches are watching and taking notes??
Of course. Sept 1 will come and the top 10 schools will have a solid idea of the recruits they want.
Plenty of time in between now and then for them to make up their minds. 2023 are still heavy
Most of the 2024 are active between now and next fall and that’s a big part of the process.
The rules are specific and strict. It’s not like it was several years ago. I can’t see a 2024 player receiving a text msg prior to Sept 1 and that not being a violation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your 24 a sophmore in HS?
The rules for lacrosse are the most strict now because 0f what went on a few years ago.
I’m sure the very top players on the top club on LI have a pretty good idea where they stand on Sept 1 but
Rules are specific in regards to contact with coaches and clubs.

From the NCAA website- you may need a refresher on what’s allowed.

“ In 2017, the NCAA established new rules that aim to eliminate the trend of early recruiting. USA Lacrosse and the IWLCA/IMLCA proposed this change to the rules with hopes that it would reduce all forms of early lacrosse recruiting. Before September 1of an athlete’s junior year of high school, college coaches are only permitted to communicate with a recruit’s club or high school coach, though their conversation is restricted to simple Yes or No answers to the questions, and no verbal offers can be made or suggested.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete violation. Stop lying now. Schools know this isn’t allowed and wouldn’t risk it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NCAA rules seem to have kept the skeptic quiet. Congrats to the girls already getting d1 looks you deserve it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what i'm seeing on social media UNC camp was absolutely stacked..there are some top girls there i didn't know would attend. and Levy rolled out the red carpet by having the who's who of UNC alumns and national team members checking in too. looks like they all went to a bssketball game aswell? kinda an unfair advantage feels like a mini college visit as opposed to a normal boring run of the mill camp. recruiting violation? little nudge here and there perhaps?! but i mean..props to levy very smart on her part to make an impression on these girls

Page 35 of 73 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard