BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 224 of 263 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 262 263
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for top notch attack instruction. Real top shelf instruction. Not a high school or college kid. Any suggestions?

Where do you live? How old is your son?

Live in Suffolk. My son is a varsity starter on a very good team. Needs work on his dodging. Only looking for elite level instruction.

Not sure if they do it but I would approach SBU asst , and see if they will do it. I would pay to have them evaluate his game , determine what “type” of player he is and what “style” of play suits his athletic abilities and what style suits his physical as well as mentality / IQ.

There are many types of great attackman , Bernhardt , Sowers, O’Keefe, Ament, Thompson etc… they are all different.

One of the worst things an athlete can do is try to be something he is not. It’s ok to strengthen your weaknesses but the best players find a style of play that takes advantage of their strengths.

IMHO

Interesting analogy, and some good advice. Thank you. I’m going to try it. However I’d say that Thompson, Sowrs and Ament are all very close as far as what they do and how they do it, on the field. O’keefe is obviously a shooter, I’ll give you that one. Haven’t seen Bernhardt play. How do you think sowers and Ament are different? Look exactly the same to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for top notch attack instruction. Real top shelf instruction. Not a high school or college kid. Any suggestions?

Where do you live? How old is your son?

Live in Suffolk. My son is a varsity starter on a very good team. Needs work on his dodging. Only looking for elite level instruction.

Not sure if they do it but I would approach SBU asst , and see if they will do it. I would pay to have them evaluate his game , determine what “type” of player he is and what “style” of play suits his athletic abilities and what style suits his physical as well as mentality / IQ.

There are many types of great attackman , Bernhardt , Sowers, O’Keefe, Ament, Thompson etc… they are all different.

One of the worst things an athlete can do is try to be something he is not. It’s ok to strengthen your weaknesses but the best players find a style of play that takes advantage of their strengths.

IMHO

Interesting analogy, and some good advice. Thank you. I’m going to try it. However I’d say that Thompson, Sowrs and Ament are all very close as far as what they do and how they do it, on the field. O’keefe is obviously a shooter, I’ll give you that one. Haven’t seen Bernhardt play. How do you think sowers and Ament are different? Look exactly the same to me.

Thompson is not anything like Sowers or Ament. Different type of athletes, different style of play. Sowers and Ament are similar. Bernhardt is a different animal all together. Different type of athlete different style of play.

Having your son sit with a high level coach and watch his film can help a lot. Also, identify a high level attackman with similar athletic traits to your son and have your son study his film as well. Understanding defensive schemes goes a long way also, knowing how the defense will slide, rotate, recover etc… will allow him to make quicker and better decisions both with and without the ball more consistently. Improving his off ball game is very important as well. Obviously you can never spend too much time on stick skills and shooting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know whose playing the Igloo HS Big 16 this weekend?

Thoughts on this weekends Igloo run Big 16. We didn't get the invite even though we knocked off several the the Big 16. Coach said he's not part of the network. Does this give those teams playing a clear advantage over others? Are they even allowed to play and be coached out of season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know whose playing the Igloo HS Big 16 this weekend?

Thoughts on this weekends Igloo run Big 16. We didn't get the invite even though we knocked off several the the Big 16. Coach said he's not part of the network. Does this give those teams playing a clear advantage over others? Are they even allowed to play and be coached out of season?

It was anything special. I feel like the scout list was bogus. A lot of teams missing kids. He probably invited who he wanted to invite. No special formula to it. It was an igloo thing so that’s all you need to know right? Some kids showed up, others didn’t. fill in dads coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t vouch for it but see them on Instagram. 2 wolves performance. Look like they know their stuff.

Where are the bases out of?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t vouch for it but see them on Instagram. 2 wolves performance. Look like they know their stuff.

I think westchester and Nassau. If you start following some of these guys in Instagram, they post a decent amount of stuff your kid can work on on the side. I do it more with my younger one but you can see what they are doing and copy. As my kids have gotten older you realize how much it’s all about footwork-every sport. Like a science now compared to when we were young.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check Instagram. It’s where ever they can find a venue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m telling my 2024 son that since he already has a 93 average and is on track to score a 33 on his ACT, he doesn’t have to play lacrosse anymore because the slight advantage it is giving him to help him get into a top school is no longer necessary.

Sounds like a great idea. Get him a tutor to raise the GPA and ACT, it’s a much greater advantage.

No, it isn't. A recruited athlete with the above stats (good enough grades and 95+ percentile SAT/ACT) will have better odds of getting in to any Ivy than a valedictorian double legacy with a 1600 SAT.

My son got into an Ivy as a lax player with a 1250 SAT. We pay $28k for an $80k school. Family income is $200k and have one other child in HS. This is a better scholarship than he would have received at a non Ivy as it is the equivalent of about 65%

If your son did play at an Ivy, you of all people should know that he was an exception and is not really representative of most of his teammates (and other Ivy recruits/prospects). Heck, a school like Harvard (usually highest AI) probably has more players with 1600s than any who score in the 1200s.

The "cutoff" for most going through the Ivy process is higher than 1250, and the vast majority of your competition will score better than that. The Ivy (and NESCAC) lacrosse recruiting world is pretty darn small -- you run across the same kids and families from the usual schools (NE prep schools, Baltimore and Philly privates, Long Island and CT publics/CHSAA, etc), so it's easy for both parents and kids to get a general idea of what you're they're against.

Why enter NESCAC into the discussion?

Because except for the absolute top recruits who choose Ivy over ACC, players looking at Harvard and Dartmouth and Brown are also considering Williams and Amherst. It's the same group of players.

Not accurate at all.

It is though, especially early on in the process (before the players really sort themselves out by skill level).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question along the same line. My son has been to showcases etc. some prospect days. Emailing with some coaches. He’s gotten a couple emails from multiple schools saying essentially “we think you can play and hope it’s at our school”. So is that basically them saying let’s get down to details? Apply now, talk to admissions etc? These are D3 schools. If my son would consider them what’s the next step? Thanks

Is your son a 22’ or a 23’? If he’s a 23 it’s still VERY early for D3 coaches to be recruiting him. No need to rush the process, keep in contact with them, and ask them what their timeline looks like.

He’s a 2023. Just wasn’t sure what this meant or how to respond. Right after this we started getting emails from admissions and other basic school emails. I figured it was early still. I appreciate the feedback.

We are in the same boat. We have had a couple D3 schools have my kid out on visits; it may be a little early but not uncommon. The next step is to communicate with them and if they are truly interested they will set up a call or two and then a visit eventually. D3 timeline is very different from D1 in that they don’t really start making formal offers until May and June. If your son is offered then they will likely have to apply Early Decision to that school. Whomever said that offers won’t last forever is probably mostly correct though some schools may keep a spot open if they really are interested. I could be wrong as my experience is limited but this is what I’ve been told so far. Good luck and I agree, don’t rush the process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

My son has two offers on the table, but still cant decide what to do. Both schools were in his top 5 but not sure if he should commit. Does he play out the fall and spring season and see what happens or commit to one of the two offers he has?

Seriously asking that here

The process is really strange in my humble opinion. 2 offers of schools in his top 5 sounds pretty good. If he likes the coaches and likes schools it seems like you are in a good spot.

Not sure about the guy asking you why are you asking in a “lacrosse forum” as it seems perfectly reasonable to ask. My thoughts, if it’s top 5, take it. Offers may not past for ever. If those offers are # 4 and 5 and they are a far ways away from his #1 and he really wants to go there, then you are going to have play it out. My boy has gotten some “lacrosse offers” but they ae closer to his 10-15 range and he wants to go through the academic process to see if he can get in to his higher ranked schools even if it means giving up lacrosse. So find out where your kids red-line truly is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can and will vouch for Coach Jack any and every day of the week. Best coach out there. Better person. If you’re really seriously looking you’d be crazy not to find a way to 2wolves. Shake School, First Class Lacrosse and Attack Academy are others but Jack is the real deal. Def a reason all the top players in CT/westchester and LI train with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I’m telling my 2024 son that since he already has a 93 average and is on track to score a 33 on his ACT, he doesn’t have to play lacrosse anymore because the slight advantage it is giving him to help him get into a top school is no longer necessary.

Sounds like a great idea. Get him a tutor to raise the GPA and ACT, it’s a much greater advantage.

No, it isn't. A recruited athlete with the above stats (good enough grades and 95+ percentile SAT/ACT) will have better odds of getting in to any Ivy than a valedictorian double legacy with a 1600 SAT.

My son got into an Ivy as a lax player with a 1250 SAT. We pay $28k for an $80k school. Family income is $200k and have one other child in HS. This is a better scholarship than he would have received at a non Ivy as it is the equivalent of about 65%

If your son did play at an Ivy, you of all people should know that he was an exception and is not really representative of most of his teammates (and other Ivy recruits/prospects). Heck, a school like Harvard (usually highest AI) probably has more players with 1600s than any who score in the 1200s.

The "cutoff" for most going through the Ivy process is higher than 1250, and the vast majority of your competition will score better than that. The Ivy (and NESCAC) lacrosse recruiting world is pretty darn small -- you run across the same kids and families from the usual schools (NE prep schools, Baltimore and Philly privates, Long Island and CT publics/CHSAA, etc), so it's easy for both parents and kids to get a general idea of what you're they're against.

Why enter NESCAC into the discussion?

Because except for the absolute top recruits who choose Ivy over ACC, players looking at Harvard and Dartmouth and Brown are also considering Williams and Amherst. It's the same group of players.

Not accurate at all.

It is though, especially early on in the process (before the players really sort themselves out by skill level).[/quote]

Players looking at the school is not the same as schools looking at the players….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

My son has two offers on the table, but still cant decide what to do. Both schools were in his top 5 but not sure if he should commit. Does he play out the fall and spring season and see what happens or commit to one of the two offers he has?

The process is really strange in my humble opinion. 2 offers of schools in his top 5 sounds pretty good. If he likes the coaches and likes schools it seems like you are in a good spot.

Not sure about the guy asking you why are you asking in a “lacrosse forum” as it seems perfectly reasonable to ask. My thoughts, if it’s top 5, take it. Offers may not past for ever. If those offers are # 4 and 5 and they are a far ways away from his #1 and he really wants to go there, then you are going to have play it out. My boy has gotten some “lacrosse offers” but they ae closer to his 10-15 range and he wants to go through the academic process to see if he can get in to his higher ranked schools even if it means giving up lacrosse. So find out where your kids red-line truly is.

Because the majority of the posters on here are not about helping anyone or are completely incorrect about anything regarding recruiting other than "what they heard"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Because the majority of the posters on here are not about helping anyone or are completely incorrect about anything regarding recruiting other than "what they heard"

Hahaha. So true. There are a lot of angry people on this forum. It does kind of stink because there really is a paucity of helpful advice; maybe I should start a separate thread 🤔…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Hahaha. So true. There are a lot of angry people on this forum. It stinks as there seems to be a paucity of actual helpful advice for people on this forums. Maybe i should start a separate thread just for this 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can and will vouch for Coach Jack any and every day of the week. Best coach out there. Better person. If you’re really seriously looking you’d be crazy not to find a way to 2wolves. Shake School, First Class Lacrosse and Attack Academy are others but Jack is the real deal. Def a reason all the top players in CT/westchester and LI train with him.

I’m in Suffolk. Are any of these that you mention, in Suffolk? How do they compare to GLE in Hauppauge?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Hahaha. So true. There are a lot of angry people on this forum. It does kind of stink because there really is a paucity of helpful advice; maybe I should start a separate thread 🤔…

Paucity?? Yeah. I think you should. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the favorites this year for both Nassau and Suffolk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll give you a hint,they have been off the Radar for a while and their in eastern Suffolk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the coach run King of the Hills tournament this weekend? I heard it was 18 teams strong this weekend, with a number of varsity coaches eager to start playing after a lack luster and limited playing season due to COVID.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll give you a hint,they have been off the Radar for a while and their in eastern Suffolk!

“Off the radar for a while”… Hmmm. West Hampton? Rocky Point? BBP? ESM? Sayville?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the coach run King of the Hills tournament this weekend? I heard it was 18 teams strong this weekend, with a number of varsity coaches eager to start playing after a lack luster and limited playing season due to COVID.

It was a decent event. Looked like a lot underclassmen playing. No real powerhouse teams, which kept the competition pretty even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a decent event. Looked like a lot underclassmen playing. No real powerhouse teams, which kept the competition pretty even.

St A's had two teams at the event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was freshman split up into teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta fill out the brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fresh team goes was 3-0 and 1-1 not bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fresh team goes was 3-0 and 1-1 not bad

They couldn’t possibly lose, could they?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone want to list top 10 Nassau publics this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

In no particular order, because the top 4 can probably beat each other on any given day.

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor
then after that, there can be at least 8 teams fighting it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

In no particular order, because the top 4 can probably beat each other on any given day.

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor

How will Syosset and Massapequa be this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor

Why is CSH allowed to play in Nassau County? Why does Friends Academy play and get awards in public school leagues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A portion of the CSH district is in Nassau County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa? I don't think there are a whole lot of people comparing houses in CSH/GC/Manhasset and Massapequa. Very different zip codes. May as well include Farmingdale (Massapequa's rival) as well.

This post. Was going so well into you had to add your snotty remark. I wonder if he was to ask what’s the most obnoxious zip codes are on LI? Because I’m sure you live in one! He should avoid those.

Agreed. I’ve seen some real shacks in Manhasset and GC. Would rather live on the water in Pequa with my boat and jet skis in the back yard. Also nice not to have to constantly run into Tad and Bif in their pink Vinyard Vines shorts when I run up to town.

So you’ve never seen a shack in Massapequa? Also nice to not have to run into Rocco and Vinny in there wife beaters and cut off Jean shorts in town!

Funniest transaction in a while. Thanks gentlemen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Northport Repeat Long Island Champs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa? I don't think there are a whole lot of people comparing houses in CSH/GC/Manhasset and Massapequa. Very different zip codes. May as well include Farmingdale (Massapequa's rival) as well.

This post. Was going so well into you had to add your snotty remark. I wonder if he was to ask what’s the most obnoxious zip codes are on LI? Because I’m sure you live in one! He should avoid those.

Agreed. I’ve seen some real shacks in Manhasset and GC. Would rather live on the water in Pequa with my boat and jet skis in the back yard. Also nice not to have to constantly run into Tad and Bif in their pink Vinyard Vines shorts when I run up to town.

So you’ve never seen a shack in Massapequa? Also nice to not have to run into Rocco and Vinny in there wife beaters and cut off Jean shorts in town!

What are the odds Massapequa parents can get the coach fired again this year? Repeat nutjub parents instead of state champs in Massapequa this year is my prediction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the odds Massapequa parents can get the coach fired again this year? Repeat nutjub parents instead of state champs in Massapequa this year is my prediction.

Who is the new coach???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor

Not one of these three teams can beat Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor

What's the point of this post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The usual suspects…

Manhasset
Farmingdale
Garden City
Cold Spring Harbor

What's the point of this post?

Boredom lax junkie. Not judging. But nobody will come close to St Anthonys this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 224 of 263 1 2 222 223 224 225 226 262 263
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard