NY Showcase Boys' All Showcase Team Announced under the 'Blogs' section!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 01/23/22 08:22 PM
Boys 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 01/23/22 08:10 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 01/23/22 08:10 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 01/23/22 07:48 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 01/23/22 07:47 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,902
Posts322,186
Members2,372
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35
Re: Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #359001 12/02/21 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://ngllmidatlantic.leagueapps.com/leagues/lacrosse/2537277-ngll---midatlantic-2022-season

Click into each Age group, and then click on Standings to see which teams are currently registered

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #359006 12/02/21 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know what is going up with NGLL and why Skywalkers, Integrity, NL and Renegades and Stars arent registered?
https://ngllmidatlantic.leagueapps.com/leagues/2543217/standings
https://ngllmidatlantic.leagueapps.com/leagues/2543220/standings

Because there's still two weeks left to register?

Or it could be related to the rumors flying out there around a competing league/set of play days. Word on the street is Top of the Bay and Skywalkers were/have been pushing for an alternative to NGLL. 3 weekends of play days in April and May 2022 at Cedar Lane is the option being thrown out there and trying to recruit teams that haven't been happy with NGLL. How much truth to this is unknown, but a big coincident that Skywalkers isn't registered for any of their age groups and also pushing for the Top of the Bay play day alternatives.
They tried a couple years back to form something outside of the NGLL and it didn't work, just saying

So Porchella sells her weak club to Coppermine and joins the tournament money making scheme with Steps and YJ and tries to help take over the lax world. Hope this snake doesnt succeed. Hurting the kids to put American Select ($700) on the Under Armour dates and now trying to break up the NGLL! I would love if my club boycotted her top of the bay garbage!

You prefer a monopoly instead with less options? Come on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359011 12/02/21 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone know what is going up with NGLL and why Skywalkers, Integrity, NL and Renegades and Stars arent registered?

Or it could be related to the rumors flying out there around a competing league/set of play days. Word on the street is Top of the Bay and Skywalkers were/have been pushing for an alternative to NGLL. 3 weekends of play days in April and May 2022 at Cedar Lane is the option being thrown out there and trying to recruit teams that haven't been happy with NGLL. How much truth to this is unknown, but a big coincident that Skywalkers isn't registered for any of their age groups and also pushing for the Top of the Bay play day alternatives.
They tried a couple years back to form something outside of the NGLL and it didn't work, just saying

So Porchella sells her weak club to Coppermine and joins the tournament money making scheme with Steps and YJ and tries to help take over the lax world. Hope this snake doesnt succeed. Hurting the kids to put American Select ($700) on the Under Armour dates and now trying to break up the NGLL! I would love if my club boycotted her top of the bay garbage!

Don't forget scheduling the Maryland Cup Summer Championship to conflict with the Midatlantic Summer Club Championship.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359032 12/02/21 03:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You prefer a monopoly instead with less options? Come on.

There's nothing wrong with free enterprise and competition. But you see the teams listed that have already signed up for NGLL. So are these teams going to form their own "play days" to satisfy weak competition? If this is just a ploy to say we won "whatever this is going to be named" and hoist a trophy for a 2nd tier tournament....then what is the overall goal? To get better by playing better teams? Or to hide in a smaller tournament against like competition?

If it is the latter....then that is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with playing against teams of your caliber. But don't come here bragging about wanting to "play the best" if you won't play where the good teams are going to be.

And if you really wanted to challenge the NGLL....then noise should have been made earlier to see if maybe you could get some of these teams on your side....not just the bottom level B teams

And there are a lot of issues with monopolies in Lacrosse. But from my experience, the NGLL seems to be the fairest and most well run of all of the local events. Schedules are fair, fields are top notch. Maybe this isn't the one to take a stand against. But change always starts somewhere

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #359036 12/02/21 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's nothing wrong with free enterprise and competition. But you see the teams listed that have already signed up for NGLL. So are these teams going to form their own "play days" to satisfy weak competition? If this is just a ploy to say we won "whatever this is going to be named" and hoist a trophy for a 2nd tier tournament....then what is the overall goal? To get better by playing better teams? Or to hide in a smaller tournament against like competition?

If it is the latter....then that is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with playing against teams of your caliber. But don't come here bragging about wanting to "play the best" if you won't play where the good teams are going to be.

And if you really wanted to challenge the NGLL....then noise should have been made earlier to see if maybe you could get some of these teams on your side....not just the bottom level B teams

And there are a lot of issues with monopolies in Lacrosse. But from my experience, the NGLL seems to be the fairest and most well run of all of the local events. Schedules are fair, fields are top notch. Maybe this isn't the one to take a stand against. But change always starts somewhere

The noise as you mention actually was started not long after last spring's NGLL season. Apparently a lot of teams were unhappy at how the schedules were made, unhappy at the game locations, some teams traveling over 2 hours 1 way for 1 game and then having to turn around the next day or next weekend to that same location etc. With this and other "complaints", teams wanted to see if there was an alternative. The recruiting started this past summer and into Fall to get teams to come to the Top of the Bay play days. How many actually are doing it is to be soon and no one knows. But this was definitely not just an idea that was thrown out there a week or 2 ago. There are specific dates for the 3 play days with Cedar lane secured for all 3. I'm not sure I'd say Skywalkers as a bottom level B team either.

As for comments on NGLL. Schedules are not that fair, especially from a field and location perspective, not sure where that idea comes from. As for fields, also not sure some were "top notch". The field in the middle of a farm or Kent Island's grass field that is in shambles. NGLL isn't all bad, but it's also not a pot of gold and unicorns as it seems.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #359037 12/02/21 04:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top of the Bay events have been around for awhile. American Select was a smart move due to the lack of integrity regarding UA…I wouldn’t say her club is “weak”, obviously you are not a fan of hers, but she know what’s she’s doing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359042 12/02/21 05:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top of the Bay events have been around for awhile. American Select was a smart move due to the lack of integrity regarding UA…I wouldn’t say her club is “weak”, obviously you are not a fan of hers, but she know what’s she’s doing.
UA Definitely has it's faults for sure, but the huge money grab from AS is a big turnoff.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359075 12/03/21 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GA only has two teams ranked every other team is MD,NY,FL,PA,NJ,VA and MN these are the teams to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359167 12/04/21 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The noise as you mention actually was started not long after last spring's NGLL season. Apparently a lot of teams were unhappy at how the schedules were made, unhappy at the game locations, some teams traveling over 2 hours 1 way for 1 game and then having to turn around the next day or next weekend to that same location etc. With this and other "complaints", teams wanted to see if there was an alternative. The recruiting started this past summer and into Fall to get teams to come to the Top of the Bay play days. How many actually are doing it is to be soon and no one knows. But this was definitely not just an idea that was thrown out there a week or 2 ago. There are specific dates for the 3 play days with Cedar lane secured for all 3. I'm not sure I'd say Skywalkers as a bottom level B team either.

As for comments on NGLL. Schedules are not that fair, especially from a field and location perspective, not sure where that idea comes from. As for fields, also not sure some were "top notch". The field in the middle of a farm or Kent Island's grass field that is in shambles. NGLL isn't all bad, but it's also not a pot of gold and unicorns as it seems.

I think we can all agree that with Covid last year things were a little crazy. Field locations, times, etc.. where a little bit of a mess. But 2 years ago, things were fine.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #359248 12/06/21 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just seeing the updated 2028 national rankings on USClub Lacrosse Facebook page. Crush is not anywhere on the list so I am assuming they didn't play enough? M&D is #2 behind Aces Elite who I know they beat this fall. Rest of the local rankings are Coppermine at #3, Heros Green at #5, Maryland United East at #6 and Sky Walkers Blue at #14 so 5 of the top 14 are NGLL Mid Atlantic teams. I know these rankings are not perfect but the local teams I would expect to be near the top of the national rankings are there outside of Crush. Should be a fun spring watching these teams battle it out. Here are the rankings link for anyone who has not seen them.

https://www.USCL.com/rank?v=2028&alpha=N&y=2021

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #359313 12/06/21 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for the Legends 28’s this year. Our girls are much improved and our coach has plenty of experience coaching as well as playing in college. We may not be a long running club but already have teams in multiple age groups and only getting stronger starting with our 26 team. Last year was our first year so we dealt with our challenges and this year we are looking to compete with the best. Don’t count us out because we are going to surprise teams even though we ourselves will not be surprised with our results.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359316 12/06/21 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for the Legends 28’s this year. Our girls are much improved and our coach has plenty of experience coaching as well as playing in college. We may not be a long running club but already have teams in multiple age groups and only getting stronger starting with our 26 team. Last year was our first year so we dealt with our challenges and this year we are looking to compete with the best. Don’t count us out because we are going to surprise teams even though we ourselves will not be surprised with our results.

Say what? LOL. You are a B level rec-based club. Calm down.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359318 12/06/21 03:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you play b league in NGLL, you will win a couple games but lets not get crazy. i like the idea of Legends which is pretty much Rec+. That said, you are still basically a SW feeder team. Any talented player will be swooped up by SW rather quickly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359323 12/06/21 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you play b league in NGLL, you will win a couple games but lets not get crazy. i like the idea of Legends which is pretty much Rec+. That said, you are still basically a SW feeder team. Any talented player will be swooped up by SW rather quickly.

Most parents have agreed to stay and develop into a great team. The 26 team was good enough to be able to attract girls from TLC to leave and join Legends. We may start in the B league but I know this year with the improvement we have made we can compete with A teams. Looking forward to proving the doubters wrong. Our girls are working hard and getting good exposure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359325 12/06/21 04:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most parents have agreed to stay and develop into a great team. The 26 team was good enough to be able to attract girls from TLC to leave and join Legends. We may start in the B league but I know this year with the improvement we have made we can compete with A teams. Looking forward to proving the doubters wrong. Our girls are working hard and getting good exposure.

You expect parents/players who have already jumped ship once from TLC to stay with Legends if/when they get poached by SW or Coppermine? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 35 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard