BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 157 of 313 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH -> Penn, Hopkins, Virginia, Duke, Cornell, Yale, Carolina, Georgetown, Denver, Maryland, Ohio State... not bad.

All that and they were just a 6 seed last year?

EVERY team in this league puts kids in top D1 programs.

In the bottom half of the league I know there are already kids slated for:

St. Mary’s: Maryland, Bucknell, Georgetown, Navy, Penn State, Hofstra, Johns Hopkins. Severn: Air Force, Navy, Hobart, Princeton. St Pauls: Marquette, Boston U, Army, Loyola. John Carroll: Hobart, UMBC, UPenn. Gilman: Rutgers, Army, Virginia. MSJ: Towson.

Pretty good visibility for the league, across the board.

If you play on any team in this league, ANY college is a possibility.
St. Mary’s is in the bottom half of the league after earning a 3 seed last season that included wins over Calvert Hall, Loyola and Boys’ Latin?

Inside Lacrosse standings are wrong.
St Mary's was the #3 team in the conference. CH was #6
By the end of the season when it counts CH made adjustments. St. Mary’s faded.

STM loss 4 starter by end of season. Not making excuses but take away any 4 starter from any team they would fad away also.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to know that CH is still the envy of the rest.

MIAA A champs lose to MIAA B runner-ups...... The envy of the world....bahahahaha

And yet here you are. On a message board posting about a team your kid wasn’t good enough to get playing time on.

Enjoy your laugh bahahahaha

A bunch of entitled kids on the MIAA A Championship Team; starting with the QB who is average at best.

NAILED IT!!! Both on the football and lacrosse team. Zero accountability for behaviors at CH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH -> Penn, Hopkins, Virginia, Duke, Cornell, Yale, Carolina, Georgetown, Denver, Maryland, Ohio State... not bad.

All that and they were just a 6 seed last year?

EVERY team in this league puts kids in top D1 programs.

In the bottom half of the league I know there are already kids slated for:

St. Mary’s: Maryland, Bucknell, Georgetown, Navy, Penn State, Hofstra, Johns Hopkins. Severn: Air Force, Navy, Hobart, Princeton. St Pauls: Marquette, Boston U, Army, Loyola. John Carroll: Hobart, UMBC, UPenn. Gilman: Rutgers, Army, Virginia. MSJ: Towson.

Pretty good visibility for the league, across the board.

If you play on any team in this league, ANY college is a possibility.
St. Mary’s is in the bottom half of the league after earning a 3 seed last season that included wins over Calvert Hall, Loyola and Boys’ Latin?

Inside Lacrosse standings are wrong.
St Mary's was the #3 team in the conference. CH was #6

STM loss 4 starter by end of season. Not making excuses but take away any 4 starter from any team they would fad away also.

How many did BL lose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAILED IT!!! Both on the football and lacrosse team. Zero accountability for behaviors at CH.

Calvert Hall handles their behavior problems in-house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesnt matter who should of won, who could of won. 1 team won. 10 lost. End of story. The team with the best players doesnt always win. That said, a win is a win and you cant take that away from the winning team. As for playing time, if you are good enough you will play. If you arent you wont. Same in college. No-one cares where you went to school or what conference. If you are better you play. Be big fast strong skilled and you have a shot- but still a long way to go to see the field.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they? If you look at their full schedule, CH didn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the league last year. Even after they "made adjustments."
They avenged an earlier loss to St Mary's. But they lost to Spalding, McD BL.
Their only notable win was a 1-goal home win over an underwhelming Loyola squad.

Loyola squad was full of me me players whose daddies got playing time. We all know who they were

👆 kid was cut, or zero PT and transferred.

Hardly. Son was a starter who got tired of the same lame players out on field while better players sat on bench. I guess you are one of those daddies .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they? If you look at their full schedule, CH didn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the league last year. Even after they "made adjustments."
Their only notable win was a 1-goal home win over an underwhelming Loyola squad.

Loyola squad was full of me me players whose daddies got playing time. We all know who they were

Hardly. Son was a starter who got tired of the same lame players out on field while better players sat on bench. I guess you are one of those daddies .

Sure he was!! We all know who you son is and he’s lucky to see the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM was out coached all year long.Coaches agenda and game planning are horrible and have been for years.They have too much talent waisting away on the bench because of coaches egos.Bottom line is STM got worse as the year went on when other teams were getting better(BL,CHC).All these teams have so much talent waisted on sidelines and the lack of development for all players is a big part of MIAA players not seeing the field in college. MIAA Coaches simply play those kids who fit their schemes and egos and could care less about the rest. Development is gone at the High School level. Good college coaches reconize that right away within first few practices.

#truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly the case. 4 Starters? STM faded because of poor coaching period!

BL and every other team dealt with injuries and other obstacles but the well coached teams use the depth that every team has to get better as a season goes on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly the case. 4 Starters? STM faded because of poor coaching period!

BL and every other team dealt with injuries and other obstacles but the well coached teams use the depth that every team has to get better as a season goes on.

I saw STM play 3 times in person last year including both CHC games. SM's offense was not balanced last year. In other words, if a team had enough good defenders, they could shut the SM offense down. I don't know their personnel well enough to know whether this was a schematic (only certain folks were allowed or encouraged to go to the cage or shoot) or personnel (secondary players were not good enough and the bench wasn't deep enough) related weakness. On the field coaching can alter bad or unbalanced schemes but can't miraculously make up a lack of talent and/or depth. The latter is a recruiting and development issue and is tougher at smaller schools like STM vs at a CHC.

The strength of the STM team was their poles. Their SSDMs were inconsistent and their goalie was decent. They upset CHC at an in season night game at home and lost to them in the playoffs. What I saw is CHC shut down their O in the second game while the D gave up 6 games in their win vs 8 in their loss. Knowing BL well, they had more depth on their roster (they did a great job of covering for the loss of their #1 cover defender) and did the best job of coaching in the Conference. Part of their competitive advantage was utilizing quality poles at shorty to shut down attackmen who didn't have great one on one games thereby freeing up poles to stop dangerous offensive middies. This League is tough folks. If you don't have offensive depth (6 real threats on the field at all times in settled O), good defenses (especially the second time around and after lots of film study) can shut down a 2-4 person focused offense pretty easily. If any of your 6 defensive personnel is weak, look for OCs to exploit them after studying the film. Coaches often use underclassmen or weaker middies as SSDMs. If an opposing team has six strong offensive players, not having top quality varsity athletes at every defensive position can come back to bite you. Coaching defense means getting 6 top quality athletes on the field, getting them matched up on personnel correctly, teaching them proper team D (defending the 2 man game, working through picks both on and off ball, sliding correcting, communicating, etc.) and scouting the opposition so that any one of the six defenders knows how to cover any particular offensive player.

Personally, I would rather have a stud athlete with ok stickwork at the SSDM position, than a weaker (athletically) underclassman with better stickwork. If you have 6 or 7 very good poles, its better to rotate your 6th and 7th pole through the SSDM position vs trying to shoe horn a less physical/athletic middie into the role.

Lastly, in my opinion, DCs should be mining the football, basketball and soccer rosters for physical kids with great footwork for the SSDM position. Likewise coaching staffs should cull the wrestling roster for future FOGOs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The results of Loyola speak for themselves daddie. Your son will be lucky if he gets on the scout team this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The results of Loyola speak for themselves daddie. Your son will be lucky if he gets on the scout team this year.

They really do speak loudly.
Loyola had the most talented team, overall, in the league last year.
And they didn't get past the QF round.
One and done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you guys sitting at your desks at your jobs or on the sofa in your sweats while the smoke barrels out your ears? Who is jumping up and down in front of their screens? Anyone yet? The image I have going on is hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM was out coached all year long.Coaches agenda and game planning are horrible and have been for years.They have too much talent waisting away on the bench because of coaches egos.Bottom line is STM got worse as the year went on when other teams were getting better(BL,CHC).All these teams have so much talent waisted on sidelines and the lack of development for all players is a big part of MIAA players not seeing the field in college. MIAA Coaches simply play those kids who fit their schemes and egos and could care less about the rest. Development is gone at the High School level. Good college coaches reconize that right away within first few practices.

#truth

STM coaching is at the Bottom of barrel. They shouldnt feel bad as several other MIAA teams are not much better. Loyola comes to mind last year and StP in last few years. Saving grace of MIAA is talent, not coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 Spot on.

CH was a mess last year. Winning over Loyola was nothing to write home about. Loyola was me ball players with lackluster coaching .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 Spot on.

CH was a mess last year. Winning over Loyola was nothing to write home about. Loyola was me ball players with lackluster coaching .

👆🏻 Son cut and transferred

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL- Top of the League until proven otherwise. Swiss Cheese on paper but still the champs.

Spaulding- Second best and will need to find scoring, goaltending, fo, leadership, and some creativity (and stop fighting defenseless kids)

CHC- Will be everyones circled game per usual. They will be dangerous if healthy. Experienced and senior heavy. FO a ?

McDonogh- Can beat everyone in the league- including themselves- again. Have to manage players and fathers egos. Need scoring.

Loyola- Can they find depth to support a few shining (very bright) stars. The rest of the league is hoping there are no coaching adjustments.

St.Marys- They will be big athletes that can roll a few teams. Can they manage against top D's and O's.

Severn- Dont have anything to say. They are trying to become irrelevant.

Gilman- The sleeper. They will sleep through every game and get rolled.

St. Pauls- New staff same problems. Not enough talent.

St Joe and John Carroll- Better than a bye week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weak sauce. Come bold or don't come at all.

Mark it down now:

1) StP has all of it's former coaches on one staff together and the Predators pipeline up and running. Championship.
2) BL is always dangerous and have a great coaching staff. They regularly get more out of less and put their kids in position to succeed. Repeat not out of the question.
3) McD may be he most star-laden team in the league, but even with the best offensive player, they still need offensive help, goaltending and a fogo. The oatmeal of the MIAA. Nothing about this team REALLY scares anyone.
4) SPLD. Speaking of stars, not sure if this one will go supernova before the high level of parental funding and involvement could burn out next year. Questions about the future of the Hawks also cast shadow about the long term.
5) CH is good, but not the machine they were a few years ago. BK has shown that even though they have great depth, he still needs top horses to compete. Perhaps reading too many IL features on themselves.
6) LB still talented, just less than last year. How's that gonna work out?
7) MSJ should improve with another year in the new coach's system. It is a good culture change. Just not sure it's enough to win.
8) JC should improve with another year in the new coach's system. Growing the footprint in Hartford. Just not sure it's enough to win.
9) St M lack of ingenuity and creativity continues to be the anchor in Annapolis.
10) GIL hired one of the most promising young public school coaches in the state. We should know pretty quickly if it was a good call or the greyhounds will be looking again soon.
11) SEV has youth and excitement. Some good pieces. Just not sure it's enough to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JC- 0-10
St J- 1-9
Severn- 3-7
Gilman- 3-7
St Pauls- 4-6
St. M 5-5
LB- 6-4
BL- 7-3
Spaulding 7-3
McD 9-1
CHC 10-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn will be vying for a spot in the top 6 and will compete with all teams including SM. SP is out as are Gilman, MSJ and JC. LB lost a lot on offense and in the cage and clearly based on the forum posters have serious culture and coaching issues. CHC, BL and MCD just re-load and will join a senior driven team at Spalding in the semis. Its a toss up as to who wins: it will come down to 1) coaching (who is prepared for anything and everything another team will throw at you the second time around, 2) goal tending: whose hot or not, and 3) face offs: possession is 9/10s of the matter. Last year was the same way. The lowest seeded team won the championship. Its about peaking at the right time especially as there is no home field advantage in the semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-Spaldingers
2-CHC
3-McD
4-BL
5-SM
6-Severn
7-LB
8-StP
9-MSJ
10-Gilman
11-JC

No upsets in the opening rounds. Spaldingers lose to CHC in th Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The results of Loyola speak for themselves daddie. Your son will be lucky if he gets on the scout team this year

Are you guys sitting at your desks at your jobs or on the sofa in your sweats while the smoke barrels out your ears? Who is jumping up and down in front of their screens? Anyone yet? The image I have going on is hilarious.

Talk about kooky. None us think about the images you have. Time for you to get checked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn will be vying for a spot in the top 6 and will compete with all teams including SM. SP is out as are Gilman, MSJ and JC. LB lost a lot on offense and in the cage and clearly based on the forum posters have serious culture and coaching issues. CHC, BL and MCD just re-load and will join a senior driven team at Spalding in the semis. Its a toss up as to who wins: it will come down to 1) coaching (who is prepared for anything and everything another team will throw at you the second time around, 2) goal tending: whose hot or not, and 3) face offs: possession is 9/10s of the matter. Last year was the same way. The lowest seeded team won the championship. Its about peaking at the right time especially as there is no home field advantage in the semis.
Severn has some younger talent for sure. Could push for top 6-7 Depends how their depth works out. Same for JC. They are starting to get kids from top clubs. I like the direction of MSJ under the new coach. Just not sure if that school is an easy sell. There are some good public programs on that side of town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of local kids at 5 Star over the weekend. Anyone hear of any particularly stood out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of local kids at 5 Star over the weekend. Anyone hear of any particularly stood out?
Cottle's newest Top 205.

Here are the kids who made the All Star Team:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXE5jPFrDnF/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter barley any college coaches watching. Crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter barley any college coaches watching. Crazy
The coaches were at the NHSLS three weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste of time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste of time

So, you couldn't afford the tuition and airfare?

Or your kid wasn't recommended by his coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Waste of time

So, you couldn't afford the tuition and airfare?

Or your kid wasn't recommended by his coach?
Coaching was ok .
Half the kids there recommended by their coach. Half the kids were drummed up late when most opted not to go because they would be back in Florida a week later for IMCLA.
Dont know if it was a waste but that depends on what the goal was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of MIAA representation on that all star team.
Even down in Florida, Maryland Privates separating themselves.

Can’t wait to see how this spring season shakes out. Love to see the preseason 2021 predictions vs the final results.

I think there will be even more movement in the standings this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of MIAA representation on that all star team.
Even down in Florida, Maryland Privates separating themselves.

Can’t wait to see how this spring season shakes out. Love to see the preseason 2021 predictions vs the final results.

I think there will be even more movement in the standings this year.

Kids of Maryland coaches making the All-star team run by Maryland coaches should not surprise you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the 10 teams… one team that was “hand picked” had all but two defense and two middies make the all star team. You can take a guess on who the coach of that team was….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the 10 teams… one team that was “hand picked” had all but two defense and two middies make the all star team. You can take a guess on who the coach of that team was….

No clue. Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No clue. Who?

Yea do tell? Do tell?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell.

This dude appears to be almost as salty about the all-star team as parents were about the U19 Team USA squad. YOu know, the one that was coached by NM and half of the kids chosen were headed to OSU...

Lemme guess, it has something to do with the Dingers and LS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spencer ford

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The detest for anything SG is strong among the quarter zip old Baltimore programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The detest for anything SG is strong among the quarter zip old Baltimore programs

Don't know what's worse - the constant moaning about SG or the constant and unnecessary defense of same. Would attribute this nonsense to it being a slow period for lacrosse and comments thereon, but this guff goes on year-'round. Perhaps SG critics and defenders should look into needlepoint to occupy their time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know what's worse - the constant moaning about SG or the constant and unnecessary defense of same. Would attribute this nonsense to it being a slow period for lacrosse and comments thereon, but this guff goes on year-'round. Perhaps SG critics and defenders should look into needlepoint to occupy their time.
Why? Is LD hiring embroiderers?

Like Reply Quote
Page 157 of 313 1 2 155 156 157 158 159 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard