BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 156 of 313 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

If you are choosing a High School based on lax dreams that is comical. Tell your son good luck trying to start that lacrosse camp and giving lessons for $40/hr when he's 30 years old because he chased, your quote remember, not mine "Lax Dreams"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have unrealistic expectations and healthy self-images. Good for them.

But parents really need to smarten up and learn to steer kids to better situations.

So things will never change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

I'm pretty sure CHC brings up and dresses their entire JV for the Turkey Bowl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had a ton of kids at NHSLS dressed out at $105 per kid. I bet many didn't touch the field. CHC kept committed starters in for the bulk of the games. It's as if it weren't a recruiting event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much of it is parents of players who have been B and C team players all through youth lax think that as soon as Johnny gets to high school he will somehow turn into an elite player.

Some absolutely do. And great for them. Most don’t. And so you have junior 18 year old JV players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not. Gotta earn that right to dress for that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are choosing a High School based on lax dreams that is comical. Tell your son good luck trying to start that lacrosse camp and giving lessons for $40/hr when he's 30 years old because he chased, your quote remember, not mine "Lax Dreams"

Most kids surely aren't going to CH for the education which is why you literally see 120+ kids showing up for tryouts for lax and football etc. If you don't think athletes who are shadowing at CH aren't shown around by other athletes and coaches touting the sports dream if you come to these schools you are naïve. These schools sell the dream not the education; sorry to burst your bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids surely aren't going to CH for the education which is why you literally see 120+ kids showing up for tryouts for lax and football etc. If you don't think athletes who are shadowing at CH aren't shown around by other athletes and coaches touting the sports dream if you come to these schools you are naïve. These schools sell the dream not the education; sorry to burst your bubble.

BK will never tell you not to come to CHC-he just won't play you. This is how he weakens other schools. The depth chart from 18-30 @ CHC could see considerable playing time at most other MIAA schools. This would lead to better college looks as well if that is desired... Parents wake up and stop the madness. Look around the beltway to greener pastures and still great educations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U21 USA World Championship roster finalized. 9 players from Long Island and only 4 (holdbacks) from MD. Sounds about right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, so true

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH -> Penn, Hopkins, Virginia, Duke, Cornell, Yale, Carolina, Georgetown, Denver, Maryland, Ohio State... not bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U21 USA World Championship roster finalized. 9 players from Long Island and only 4 (holdbacks) from MD. Sounds about right.

How could they be holdbacks in U21?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel for those kids who play on high level local club teams and work as freshmen and sophomores with the hopes of seeing the field in 11th or 12th grades only to see their opportunity disappear when kids show up as “juniors” from Colorado, Pittsburgh, Georgia, Michigan, SC, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel for those kids who play on high level local club teams and work as freshmen and sophomores with the hopes of seeing the field in 11th or 12th grades only to see their opportunity disappear when kids show up as “juniors” from Colorado, Pittsburgh, Georgia, Michigan, SC, etc.

That is the Maryland way.. Those other state students are just getting in on the holdback fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island population is 7.6 M, Baltimore metro is 2.7 M , So reasonable spread between the 2 regions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH -> Penn, Hopkins, Virginia, Duke, Cornell, Yale, Carolina, Georgetown, Denver, Maryland, Ohio State... not bad.

Amazing; how about the other 70 kids on the varsity roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every miaa team is the same no big deal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH ! To much truth in that. And what is worst, out of those players that do make it, 75% never see the college field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BK will never tell you not to come to CHC-he just won't play you. This is how he weakens other schools. The depth chart from 18-30 @ CHC could see considerable playing time at most other MIAA schools. This would lead to better college looks as well if that is desired... Parents wake up and stop the madness. Look around the beltway to greener pastures and still great educations.

Incredibly true. CH had a half dozen goalies on their varsity roster last year. How many more on JV and fresh/soph?
Those kids weren't getting daily warmups, yet alone quality practice reps or game minutes.
All of those kids would likely have a much better shot somewhere else. If I were a goalie's parent, I'd be looking at every league roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the key players from those St Paul's Championship teams were sons of CHC alumni.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to know that CH is still the envy of the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA A champs lose to MIAA B runner-ups...... The envy of the world....bahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a great high school football game. Hats off to the multi sport athletes who were playing and part of the tradition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA A champs lose to MIAA B runner-ups...... The envy of the world....bahahahaha

And yet here you are. On a message board posting about a team your kid wasn’t good enough to get playing time on.

Enjoy your laugh bahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall Alum here and lax payer. We are not the envy of the rest. I can promise you that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall Alum here and lax payer. We are not the envy of the rest. I can promise you that.

Interesting. So who is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. So who is?

There is no envy in this league.
Everyone has a healthy self image and thinks they are the best.
Except for St. Mary's. They always feel sorry for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet here you are. On a message board posting about a team your kid wasn’t good enough to get playing time on.

It is weak insecure people like you who always comes back with the statement about someone's son not getting enough playing time. OM goodness, get a life and grow the heck up. stunads are at times all over this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All that and they were just a 6 seed last year?

EVERY team in this league puts kids in top D1 programs.

In the bottom half of the league I know there are already kids slated for:

St. Mary’s: Maryland, Bucknell, Georgetown, Navy, Penn State, Hofstra, Johns Hopkins. Severn: Air Force, Navy, Hobart, Princeton. St Pauls: Marquette, Boston U, Army, Loyola. John Carroll: Hobart, UMBC, UPenn. Gilman: Rutgers, Army, Virginia. MSJ: Towson.

Pretty good visibility for the league, across the board.

If you play on any team in this league, ANY college is a possibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Mary’s: Maryland, Bucknell, Georgetown, Navy, Penn State, Hofstra, Johns Hopkins. Severn: Air Force, Navy, Hobart, Princeton. St Pauls: Marquette, Boston U, Army, Loyola. John Carroll: Hobart, UMBC, UPenn. Gilman: Rutgers, Army, Virginia. MSJ: Towson.

St. Mary’s is in the bottom half of the league after earning a 3 seed last season that included wins over Calvert Hall, Loyola and Boys’ Latin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Mary’s is in the bottom half of the league after earning a 3 seed last season that included wins over Calvert Hall, Loyola and Boys’ Latin?
Doesn’t change where they are committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inside Lacrosse standings are wrong.
St Mary's was the #3 team in the conference. CH was #6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So True, MIAA is getting their share into College Lacrosse. Majority are good practice players . Coaches need skilled High IQ lax players to push the starters. I think MIAA is becoming the league for that in D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inside Lacrosse standings are wrong.
St Mary's was the #3 team in the conference. CH was #6
By the end of the season when it counts CH made adjustments. St. Mary’s faded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bunch of entitled kids on the MIAA A Championship Team; starting with the QB who is average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they? If you look at their full schedule, CH didn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the league last year. Even after they "made adjustments."
They avenged an earlier loss to St Mary's. But they lost to Spalding, McD BL.
Their only notable win was a 1-goal home win over an underwhelming Loyola squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they? If you look at their full schedule, CH didn't beat any of the top 4 teams in the league last year. Even after they "made adjustments."
Their only notable win was a 1-goal home win over an underwhelming Loyola squad.

Loyola squad was full of me me players whose daddies got playing time. We all know who they were

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola squad was full of me me players whose daddies got playing time. We all know who they were

STM was out coached all year long.Coaches agenda and game planning are horrible and have been for years.They have too much talent waisting away on the bench because of coaches egos.Bottom line is STM got worse as the year went on when other teams were getting better(BL,CHC).All these teams have so much talent waisted on sidelines and the lack of development for all players is a big part of MIAA players not seeing the field in college. MIAA Coaches simply play those kids who fit their schemes and egos and could care less about the rest. Development is gone at the High School level. Good college coaches reconize that right away within first few practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 Spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆 kid was cut, or zero PT and transferred.

Like Reply Quote
Page 156 of 313 1 2 154 155 156 157 158 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard