BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 56 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Manhasset. Credit where credit is due. I agree that they are the top town team certainly on LI. I'm from a rival town and have not seen any team better or deeper than them up to this point.
Garden City, West islip, and Port Washington as well

Smithtown and Harborfields as well. What happened to all the town team tournaments?

Smithtown? That age group has completely dissolved. They were good at one time but seems something went south quick.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GSB as a 2 month old team was not ready for A teams, they had good results vs b teams, having seen the team I’m guessing they’ll be one of the better b teams in the island.

For what it’s worth here is my rankings after fall ball, lots can change in the spring

91 venom
Express chucks
Legacy Jax
S2S kraken
Rush Adrenaline
Rebels
Btb
Turtles
Igloo northmen
91 surge
GSB
E3
Express Oreilly
Hitmen
Legacy Dune dawgs
Rush Tidal
Igloo Frost
Rebels red wolves
S2S B?
Recon
True blue

Not bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your referring to what happened this weekend, those kids on GSB got thrown to the wolves (hopefully not by their coach). I watched games in both brackets and GSB could easily hang in the B bracket. They've proven they can beat the Red Wolves and O'reilly. Those 2 games they played on Saturday weren't fun for anybody. Its a young program, we'll see how they do in the spring/summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Manhasset. Credit where credit is due. I agree that they are the top town team certainly on LI. I'm from a rival town and have not seen any team better or deeper than them up to this point.
Garden City, West islip, and Port Washington as well

Smithtown and Harborfields as well. What happened to all the town team tournaments?

Smithtown? That age group has completely dissolved. They were good at one time but seems something went south quick.

Coach bailed on them and the club team right before last season. I may be wrong but I was told they currently dont have a team at this age group any longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Town Team, Hills has to be considered in the mix for top clubs, especially if they shorten their bench and not play everyone with equal time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Town Team, Hills has to be considered in the mix for top clubs, especially if they shorten their bench and not play everyone with equal time.

They are definitely solid but not the best. Can certainly play w most of the teams listed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your referring to what happened this weekend, those kids on GSB got thrown to the wolves (hopefully not by their coach). I watched games in both brackets and GSB could easily hang in the B bracket. They've proven they can beat the Red Wolves and O'reilly. Those 2 games they played on Saturday weren't fun for anybody. Its a young program, we'll see how they do in the spring/summer.

My son is on GSB and I promise you that Connor is putting an incredible effort into growing a team/family. The team is new, a bunch of first year travel kids. They are holding 30 indoor practices this winter for the team, how many is your program holding? He’s all in with this and when all the good reviews make it through the lacrosse grapevines I’m sure he’ll see substantial numbers at his tryouts next year. Were they ready for the Hatters or Rush this weekend, no, but they will be putting in tons of work and will be much improved come spring. The tournament was a total flop, 7 teams signed up and 2 brackets? 3 total games played in the A bracket…..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on GSB and I promise you that Connor is putting an incredible effort into growing a team/family. The team is new, a bunch of first year travel kids. They are holding 30 indoor practices this winter for the team, how many is your program holding? He’s all in with this and when all the good reviews make it through the lacrosse grapevines I’m sure he’ll see substantial numbers at his tryouts next year. Were they ready for the Hatters or Rush this weekend, no, but they will be putting in tons of work and will be much improved come spring. The tournament was a total flop, 7 teams signed up and 2 brackets? 3 total games played in the A bracket…..

I’m not hating on GSB, I think there is a ton of potential there, The person who who said they hope the kids didn’t leave their old teams doesn’t know what their talking about. Word’s out on how much the kids and parents are digging it. I commented on them getting thrown to the wolves on Saturday as more of a dig at the tournament organizers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t doubt Connor is doing a great job or that the kids and parents love it. With that being said, the talent level will not draw more talent. Sorry that’s just how it works.
But glad you are happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels B team finally got to see how they would do without A players

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think the claim is that GSB will be challenging Venom or Express anytime in the near future, but as we all know moves are imminent every year and with the effort that Connor is putting in some new talent will join in. We all know all’s it takes is a block or 2 from top town teams and a travel team can be transformed (S2S this year). Not everyone is looking for their kid to be on a AAA team, most want their kids to have lots of practices and engaged coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels B team finally got to see how they would do without A players
I’m almost certain they had a few A kids helping out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Negative
Look up the results from last year. Maybe Manhasset improved significantly over the summer. But as of last spring, those three teams are very much on the same level. With that said, all are in the top tier and have pretty good depth."

OK, GC/Port/WI Dad. You may like to think so but reality and popular view outside of your town is otherwise. Hills is squarely in the mid tier D2 grouping with numerous other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news , A huge move by one club. Story on 11 o’clock news .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where’s Waldo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about East Islip and ESM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about East Islip and ESM

East Islip has been a top team for years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dam you slow that's what I meant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to this excerpt from the HHH marketing agent..."especially if they shorten their bench and not play everyone with equal time."

I think every town team holds the same belief. There are only a few towns that put forth tournament teams comprised of a much shorter roster of their best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to this excerpt from the HHH marketing agent..."especially if they shorten their bench and not play everyone with equal time."

I think every town team holds the same belief. There are only a few towns that put forth tournament teams comprised of a much shorter roster of their best players.

Exactly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Hills dad was funny. When was the last time they had competitive teams? Long time ago. Manhasset is tops followed by GC all others are a notch below and then some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Hills dad was funny. When was the last time they had competitive teams? Long time ago. Manhasset is tops followed by GC all others are a notch below and then some.

Umm they were tied w Ward Melville at halftime in Suffolk Champ 3 years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this stage, top town teams have 5+ A team travel players. Manhasset is the anomaly as they have a full team of Express/Venom players (12ish) and basically garbage on everyone else from the town. PAL is a joke - you have Bobby who normally plays baseball trying out Fogo or Goalie for the first time. The town tournaments are fun because you have the teams coming out to play seriously. However, I think Manhasset is the only town still fielding their star team. All the other towns have started to focus on middle school and travel. Do RVC Futures, Rams, Harvey’s, Bulls even practice any longer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this stage, top town teams have 5+ A team travel players. Manhasset is the anomaly as they have a full team of Express/Venom players (12ish) and basically garbage on everyone else from the town. PAL is a joke - you have Bobby who normally plays baseball trying out Fogo or Goalie for the first time. The town tournaments are fun because you have the teams coming out to play seriously. However, I think Manhasset is the only town still fielding their star team. All the other towns have started to focus on middle school and travel. Do RVC Futures, Rams, Harvey’s, Bulls even practice any longer?

I agree with PAL is a joke however, most every town still play. To say that towns have given up and are focusing on middle school and club is inaccurate. Towns all over LI are practicing, scrimmaging, playing in tournaments etc.

Yes GC still has the Rams. Kids need to tryout in order to make it. The Rams are their A team; in 5th grade they played in the A bracket while the kids who didn’t make it played in the B. The GC Rams also enter tournaments. The same can be said about RVC future stars. Played in the A bracket and participate in tournaments. With Manhasset last year they had two even based team both play in the PAL A bracket, the only town to do such. They do have a group that plays in tournaments and scrimmages like GC and RVC. The smithtown bulls from my understanding are no longer a team, I could be wrong just what I have read in past BOC post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I said, look at the results from last year. Scores do not lie. You’ll see that Manhasset and Garden City did not dominate every team. They didn’t even beat every team. It’s really not hard to do actually. Google is your friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I said, look at the results from last year. Scores do not lie. You’ll see that Manhasset and Garden City did not dominate every team. They didn’t even beat every team. It’s really not hard to do actually. Google is your friend.

who cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, snore. ugh, next topic please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody's kids lifting weights this winter? My son started some basic dumbbell lifts with light weight and I'm reeeeally stressing proper form. To early at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody's kids lifting weights this winter? My son started some basic dumbbell lifts with light weight and I'm reeeeally stressing proper form. To early at this age?

Light weight and proper form is fine. Supervised even better. Lots of kids try to “max out” to show off to each other which isn’t smart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emphasize proper form please. Last thing you want is your son tearing something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tristar and LI Lax fest scheduled on same dates. Annoying.
3D New England already signed up for tristar. Quality team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mylacrossetournament’s doesn’t draw good teams anymore, anyone looking for competition will be at tristar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news , A huge move by one club. Story on 11 o’clock news .

Troll or have things not gotten out yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to be a Outlaw!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until 91 venom is in top 10 it’s hard to look at club rankings for this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club has 50 plus training,practices,and box. That’s just winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ours does 65 plus Box plus weight room, and that’s just February!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone was asking about 2way not too long ago... looking at the games they played according to us rankings... not impressive at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are crazy on this 2028 board. TOO MUCH LACROSSE. Your kids aren't going to develop as athletes unless they play other sports at a reasonably high level. And they are going to burn out, you can see the joy fizzling out of the game for them. MORE ISNT ALWAYS BETTER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ours does 65 plus Box plus weight room, and that’s just February!!

Hahahahahah!

Page 23 of 56 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard