Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:42 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:17 PM
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 06:21 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,709
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 83 of 187 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 186 187
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #358880 12/01/21 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard some 2024's have been contacted through their clubs recently. Nothing wrong with it, just seems early. I assume 2023 are still the priority, but the early bird gets the best 2024's. Have other people heard any of this?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #358881 12/01/21 03:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
December has several good camps and college clinics. The 2024's will be the center of attention for schools that are mostly done with their 2023's. Understand schools cast a large net, so contact is far from tops on their recruiting rankings.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358883 12/01/21 03:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have heard some 2024's have been contacted through their clubs recently. Nothing wrong with it, just seems early. I assume 2023 are still the priority, but the early bird gets the best 2024's. Have other people heard any of this?

Yes our daughters team has had d1 interest through the club

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358892 12/01/21 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club are you with ????

See my previous reply

OK, totally respect that. However, a lot of people come to BOTC to hopefully get info. From parents on the clubs they are currently on.

Especially the ones who have younger kids who are trying to find a club for their kids. It’s good to hear from parents what they do and don’t like about their kids current clubS.

I personally talk to parents from different clubs to try and get their perspective. It helped a lot with my kid, and I didn’t waste years on her first club because I knew they did zero to help in recruiting from talking to the older kids parents.

I'm sure it will become a big controversy as everything is on here but we are with jesters. The entire staff is extremely helpful and the recruiting director and coaches are working well together to support us.

Sorry should have clarified my original post that you replied to asking about the team was the one that said recruiting director and coaches and listed what we’ve done so far. I also have friends on other teams who are also happy with the recruiting advice given so far.

As a parent I need to know…
Who’s the coach of this team?

Sam Tilts is the 2024! Head Coach.
She’s amazing and the best travel coach on Long Island
She works so hard.
She’s in charge of all the recruiting, practices, game strategy, runs the tailgate, and so much more.
Not sure why 91 let her go but their loss and our gain.
My 2024 is getting serious looks from high level D1 schools with help from her and she’s not even her best player.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358899 12/01/21 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please i am not trying to be rude but can you explain what you mean by "serious" looks from high level D1 schools already.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358900 12/01/21 05:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 recruiting kicks into high gear next week with the UNC camp. Expect all the best 24s on the east coast to be there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358901 12/01/21 05:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

OK, totally respect that. However, a lot of people come to BOTC to hopefully get info. From parents on the clubs they are currently on.

Especially the ones who have younger kids who are trying to find a club for their kids. It’s good to hear from parents what they do and don’t like about their kids current clubS.

I personally talk to parents from different clubs to try and get their perspective. It helped a lot with my kid, and I didn’t waste years on her first club because I knew they did zero to help in recruiting from talking to the older kids parents.

I agree with this. Despite negative comments following anything positive when you name coaches or clubs it does help parents with younger players navigate the club scene. I for one appreciate when you name positive things happening and I ignore 99% of the coach and program bashing since they’re usually a scorned o individual with something to gain by trying to destroy reputations of other clubs. I hope you post which club you’re with.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358933 12/02/21 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

I agree with this. Despite negative comments following anything positive when you name coaches or clubs it does help parents with younger players navigate the club scene. I for one appreciate when you name positive things happening and I ignore 99% of the coach and program bashing since they’re usually a scorned o individual with something to gain by trying to destroy reputations of other clubs. I hope you post which club you’re with.

The OP replied. It’s Jesters.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358938 12/02/21 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club hasn’t offered much help this year yet. Is it important to be heavily involved in recruiting already? If we haven’t started yet are we behind the curve?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358943 12/02/21 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

24 recruiting kicks into high gear next week with the UNC camp. Expect all the best 24s on the east coast to be there.

Define high gear. UNC is obviously a big time school for lax but other camps have been happening all fall and will continue to happen in the winter, spring and summer.
All Schools are still heavy on 2023.
A few 2024 may have some contact with D2 and 3 but it’s slow moving. D1 can’t contact 2024 until next Sept 1. A school looking at your connectlax account does not mean you are being recruited.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358957 12/02/21 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no way your Childs getting serious D1 looks. They aren't aloud to speak to you until September 1st so how do you know this if they aren't speaking to you. If a coach is caught talking with your daughter she is not aloud to attend that school with NCAA.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358959 12/02/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

The OP replied. It’s Jesters.

Seems like this club is looking from free ad space. I love how you ask the question and then answer it yourself. It’s entertaining to watch you build the story over the course of the day. It’s like watching an infomercial. As a jester I guess you should know how to make people laugh. It may not all be completely truthful but certainly funny.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358961 12/02/21 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club hasn’t offered much help this year yet. Is it important to be heavily involved in recruiting already? If we haven’t started yet are we behind the curve?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358963 12/02/21 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you should run as fast as you can to a team telling you that their girls are already getting D1 interest.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358967 12/02/21 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no way your Childs getting serious D1 looks. They aren't aloud to speak to you until September 1st so how do you know this if they aren't speaking to you. If a coach is caught talking with your daughter she is not aloud to attend that school with NCAA.

All of this nonsense that we have to read everyday is starting to make sense.

Definition of Jester-
- a person who habitually plays a fool
-a professional joker or “fool” at a medieval court, typically wearing a cap with bells on it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 187 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 186 187
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard