Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 02:08 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 02:07 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 02:05 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 02:03 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/21/22 01:46 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,074
Posts335,311
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 75 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 74 75
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #358847 12/01/21 01:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people agree with this statement. 91 is very dominant at almost every age group. But this age group they are not. The reason is pretty simple. They kept kids that didn’t deserve a spot. As a result their top talent left and top kids stopped coming to tryouts because they knew they wouldn’t get a fair look. The team is good but not great. In the end it doesn’t matter[/quote]

91 got a new coach this year and over a 1/3 of their team is new. It is a totally different looking team than in the past. The statement above is 100% correct with tryouts in the past. Hopefully the situation is corrected.[/quote]

Curious if they're so good why they don't attempt to play in an A tournament? Maybe in the spring/summer. We shall see but I doubt it. I saw them play this year and they still looked very mediocre.[/quote]

So you saw them at a tournament, but they don't play A tournaments? You just sound like an angry troll.[/quote]

Actually it was the tournament at SUNY Farmingdale recently. There were varsity HS teams playing (my son). My interest was sparked when I saw the new coach on the sideline (Sal L) and was curious how they looked with him in command since he has coached nothing but top teams for 91. Like I said though, from what I saw I could not see them competing with the top teams (A teams) by the spring/summer. I wouldn't doubt that next year they will look pretty good with his coaching though. Honest assessment and hope that answers the troll question. Good luck.[/quote]

Were you watching the game against GC where they had their poles playing attack/middie and their attack playing D? They let up like 3 goals all day.[/quote]

They did this because it was all B teams they were playing against. I don't know which team it was. Like I said, I stopped for a few minutes because I recognized the new coach and wanted to see if the team improved under his command. My opinion is that the team hasn't improved too much yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see them improve but I believe that this spring/summer is too early for that. He's a great coach and I wish you luck.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #358886 12/01/21 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ik im a little late i like to check this every now and then too see what you nonsense parents talk about im a 13 yearold starting attack men for team 91 yes there was one summer birthday 14 year old the other was just tall the rest of are team is alright im leaving the island and moving to maryland for my dads job i already talked to 91 maryland 2025 that is who im playing for nexy year

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358893 12/01/21 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can only speak for the Hawks attack (and goalie) who admitted they were 15 to our players. Sounds like this is typical in DMV, as the Crabs are doing the same thing, just with the majority of the team.

Wrong I coach them in football 5&99 both are 14. #3 and #1 also play in the same league and you cant be 15 and play. I love how our kids mind IAmInsecure your kids and you believe it

Yeah. If anyone believes that the Hawks attack and goalie "admitted they were 15 to our players" then I have a bridge I'd love to sell you. All, but one played in WSYL. Sorry to disappoint you, but they're just good. It's okay. There are a lot of great players in this age group.

The turn of this thread is all due to the Hawks people coming here. Go away!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358921 12/01/21 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ik im a little late i like to check this every now and then too see what you nonsense parents talk about im a 13 yearold starting attack men for team 91 yes there was one summer birthday 14 year old the other was just tall the rest of are team is alright im leaving the island and moving to maryland for my dads job i already talked to 91 maryland 2025 that is who im playing for nexy year

You sound like an uneducated bafoon the smashes his face into concrete 24/7. Go away

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358922 12/01/21 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can only speak for the Hawks attack (and goalie) who admitted they were 15 to our players. Sounds like this is typical in DMV, as the Crabs are doing the same thing, just with the majority of the team.

Wrong I coach them in football 5&99 both are 14. #3 and #1 also play in the same league and you cant be 15 and play. I love how our kids mind IAmInsecure your kids and you believe it

Yeah. If anyone believes that the Hawks attack and goalie "admitted they were 15 to our players" then I have a bridge I'd love to sell you. All, but one played in WSYL. Sorry to disappoint you, but they're just good. It's okay. There are a lot of great players in this age group.

MD parents wish they were LI parents. There isn’t a single LI lacrosse parent that wishes there son was a MD lacrosse parent try hard.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358935 12/02/21 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, please go away so we can talk trash about you in peace!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358958 12/02/21 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD parents wish they were LI parents. There isn’t a single LI lacrosse parent that wishes there son was a MD lacrosse parent try hard.

doubtful

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358991 12/02/21 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote] There isn’t a single LI lacrosse parent that wishes there son was a MD lacrosse parent" [quote]

I feel sorry for people who can't English.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359021 12/02/21 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. LIE is still the most complete team and is coached really well. Coach C get's the most out of his kids. Not the most athletic or physically dominant team, but they execute really well and have a dominant face off guy. This may change this year with all the holdbacks, but they'll remain in the hunt all year. They also added a few 2025s that will be a big help in the summer. Plus, the simply practice and play... often!

2. Sweetlax may be the most athletic team from top to bottom and added an awesome goalie. My biggest observation this fall is that they have limited their ball movement which was once better than any team I've seen at this age. Looks like they added some players but their ball movement has suffered. Maybe why their AGD has changed so much this fall? Still, they will be in the top 3 until proven otherwise.

3. Tigers have looked really strong this fall and had Sweetlax on the ropes on 2 different occasions and beat LIE. They have some talented offensive players and the face-off guy has been solid. Defense looks much improved as well.

Crabs and their holdback team will likely compete due to playing with very few actual 2026s, but until they show up and play the top 3 teams, they shouldn't have any claim to the top 3 spots. As I said, this will be settled on the field and if you have yet to see the top 3 teams play, you might want to check them out to see why they're so good and still playing in virtually every championship bracket.[/quote]

We are all getting tired of your detailed breakdowns of 8th grade lacrosse teams. Get a life.[/quote]

Frankly, this forum could use some more of this. No team is perfect in 8th grade, but the top 3 or 4 clubs have clearly separated from the pack for now. Personally, I think Sweetlax is most vulnerable. The statement that their ball movement has suffered is fact and they looked beatable this fall.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359054 12/02/21 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. LIE is still the most complete team and is coached really well. Coach C get's the most out of his kids. Not the most athletic or physically dominant team, but they execute really well and have a dominant face off guy. This may change this year with all the holdbacks, but they'll remain in the hunt all year. They also added a few 2025s that will be a big help in the summer. Plus, the simply practice and play... often!

2. Sweetlax may be the most athletic team from top to bottom and added an awesome goalie. My biggest observation this fall is that they have limited their ball movement which was once better than any team I've seen at this age. Looks like they added some players but their ball movement has suffered. Maybe why their AGD has changed so much this fall? Still, they will be in the top 3 until proven otherwise.

3. Tigers have looked really strong this fall and had Sweetlax on the ropes on 2 different occasions and beat LIE. They have some talented offensive players and the face-off guy has been solid. Defense looks much improved as well.

Crabs and their holdback team will likely compete due to playing with very few actual 2026s, but until they show up and play the top 3 teams, they shouldn't have any claim to the top 3 spots. As I said, this will be settled on the field and if you have yet to see the top 3 teams play, you might want to check them out to see why they're so good and still playing in virtually every championship bracket.

We are all getting tired of your detailed breakdowns of 8th grade lacrosse teams. Get a life.[/quote]

Frankly, this forum could use some more of this. No team is perfect in 8th grade, but the top 3 or 4 clubs have clearly separated from the pack for now. Personally, I think Sweetlax is most vulnerable. The statement that their ball movement has suffered is fact and they looked beatable this fall.[/quote]

It’s an online lax discussion board, this is exactly what should be talked about imho. It’s fun and sparks debate. And you can queue the 91 response predicting they are back. I think people take it too serious at times

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #359066 12/03/21 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massachusetts will be well represented in the rankings as both high end programs will be top 10 or dare I say, top 5. Laxachusetts and 3d NE Red are both the real deal and you folks will have to deal with them all next summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359092 12/03/21 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massachusetts will be well represented in the rankings as both high end programs will be top 10 or dare I say, top 5. Laxachusetts and 3d NE Red are both the real deal and you folks will have to deal with them all next summer.

Both teams famous for very healthy doses of over age kids. And still won’t finish in the top 5 in 2022.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #359119 12/03/21 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Long Island rankings.

1 Express 1
2 Igloo Direwolves
3 Shore 2 Shore Raiders
4 Team 91 Orange Storm
5 Legacy
6 Mooselax
7 Team 26
8 Express 2
9 True Blue
10 East Coast Elite
11 Long Island Lacrosse Club
11 Rebels Inferno
11 Turtles
14 Empire
15 Igloo Deep Freeze
16 Express 3
17 24 East
18 Rebels Rhinos
19 Rush
20 Shore 2 Shore Barracudas
21 Icon
22 Recon
23 Lockjaw
24 Team 91 Freeze

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359121 12/03/21 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A little young to have kids

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #359122 12/03/21 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Long Island rankings.