Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:29 AM
2028 Girls
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:11 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:07 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:03 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 08:03 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,857
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 163 of 284 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 283 284
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #358779 11/30/21 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So has anyone heard what happened to the WSYL?

The random and abrupt folding still has me wondering.

Is anything on the horizon to replace it?

The event had run its course and became a long commercial for terrible protein shakes for those that attended. It was very expensive even by travel lacrosse standards and yes established teams having holdback/older kids created some jockeying of rosters that nobody liked. Racist LI express mom also didn’t help and between COVID and sponsors not getting a good ROI, it was doomed. I see super regional tournaments replacing this mess of an event with a hotbed teams traveling to Ca, Co, Tx and Fl to compete against large fields of teams and a change of pace from NLF, NAL, Naptown etc.

While I agree w some of this, I think one of the biggest “hotbeds” Maryland/DC are was exposed for their older kids. Long Island proved their age based teams are far superior.

Where were the eight quarterfinal teams from? Go ahead, we’ll wait.

What area has the most wins? I’ll wait

You were talking about teams, tough guy, and the actual results show there are more teams in the DC/MD area who show up and can compete than from the island. Keep quiet until the 7million people in your region finally produce more than one competitive team for each grade.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #358820 12/01/21 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time listener, first time caller. Close follower of youth club lacrosse. Agreed with WCS being a strong 2028 team. There is also a new regional team out of San Diego/Orange County, GWB (Great White Buffalo is what I think GWB stands for?) is the name of team. Watched them two weeks ago at a tournament in Oceanside, CA. They are very strong, top to bottom. They beat a very sound Maddog West team. Having some familiarity of most of the clubs on this list (not all), the GWB team is very skilled and I suspect easily a top five team on this list.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358823 12/01/21 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What division are teams playing in Spring HOCO besides the obvious? Looks like only 4 divisions listed. Any surprises.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358826 12/01/21 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So has anyone heard what happened to the WSYL?

The random and abrupt folding still has me wondering.

Is anything on the horizon to replace it?

The event had run its course and became a long commercial for terrible protein shakes for those that attended. It was very expensive even by travel lacrosse standards and yes established teams having holdback/older kids created some jockeying of rosters that nobody liked. Racist LI express mom also didn’t help and between COVID and sponsors not getting a good ROI, it was doomed. I see super regional tournaments replacing this mess of an event with a hotbed teams traveling to Ca, Co, Tx and Fl to compete against large fields of teams and a change of pace from NLF, NAL, Naptown etc.

While I agree w some of this, I think one of the biggest “hotbeds” Maryland/DC are was exposed for their older kids. Long Island proved their age based teams are far superior.

Where were the eight quarterfinal teams from? Go ahead, we’ll wait.

What area has the most wins? I’ll wait

You were talking about teams, tough guy, and the actual results show there are more teams in the DC/MD area who show up and can compete than from the island. Keep quiet until the 7million people in your region finally produce more than one competitive team for each grade.

Keep quiet until your 2008 and 2009 can actually beat the LI area kids with the same birth year. Until then enjoy playing against our 2010’s.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358834 12/01/21 12:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time listener, first time caller. Close follower of youth club lacrosse. Agreed with WCS being a strong 2028 team. There is also a new regional team out of San Diego/Orange County, GWB (Great White Buffalo is what I think GWB stands for?) is the name of team. Watched them two weeks ago at a tournament in Oceanside, CA. They are very strong, top to bottom. They beat a very sound Maddog West team. Having some familiarity of most of the clubs on this list (not all), the GWB team is very skilled and I suspect easily a top five team on this list.

I remained amused at the infatuation with regional teams, all star teams and whatever being happy to compete with regular HoCo teams.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358837 12/01/21 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has no power over anything relating to this topic.

The only thing that could potentially change it would be the Olympics.

USA Lacrosse uses the age model. Once it becomes an Olympic Sport if by chance they decided to tie the kids age to their eligibility this could change.

What I mean is USA Lacrosse could say to qualify for the U16 team a kid has to play X number of games in sanctioned tournaments which would all have age requirements.

It’s possible but even this would be years away and is very unlikely.

I don't think the Olympics generally sets age standards, do they? Believe the US had a 15-year-old swimmer and a 57-year-old equestrian last time around, so not sure they'd set a max age for lax.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358839 12/01/21 01:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks GWB dad. Awful name actually. Madlax, Hawks and many others would drop a 15-piece on your so-cal regional team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358843 12/01/21 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remained amused at the infatuation with regional teams, all star teams and whatever being happy to compete with regular HoCo teams.

Again, why are regional and national teams included in rankings together?
Keep all "league teams" together and all national/regional/showcase teams together.
Otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358844 12/01/21 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a dad (on this team at least). Truly. And I agree about the name. W that said, please post again when you see this team play on the east coast.This team has better true lacrosse players and athletes than any team I've watched on both coasts, at this age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358851 12/01/21 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice to meet you, GWB dad trying to appear impartial!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358853 12/01/21 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a dad (on this team at least). Truly. And I agree about the name. W that said, please post again when you see this team play on the east coast.This team has better true lacrosse players and athletes than any team I've watched on both coasts, at this age.

Better true lacrosse players.

Mmkay.

Who exactly are they competing against? Who’ve you see them play?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358854 12/01/21 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it Mr Watchful GWB Dad, Your GWB team is headed for greatness. Now come out east and show us what you guys have. Then we can talk Dad

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358859 12/01/21 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Benching the Water Buffaloes against Mad Dog Elite West doesn’t help your argument. That MDog team has been pasted over and over again against the elite, and even middle tier East Coast teams. But I hope it’s another competitive 2028 team, more the better!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358861 12/01/21 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it Mr Watchful GWB Dad, Your GWB team is headed for greatness. Now come out east and show us what you guys have. Then we can talk Dad

Love this. Some poor guy chimes in from the Left Coast and gets crushed by this board. Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight, Mr Dancing with the Wolves!!

These Water Buffalos raked out one-goal wins against Mad Dog San Diego, which isn’t event their full West Coast team— the same one that gets whacked by elite East Coast teams.

Now— WCS is legit. But when you pull from 35 states, you’d better be.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358872 12/01/21 03:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put Nationals, WCS, All the 3D regional teams, mad dog west, the true state teams and whoever else in their own lane as far as rankings.

There is no logical reason to compare them to BLC or Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 163 of 284 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 283 284
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard