Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:18 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:06 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 09:01 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:56 PM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 07/06/22 08:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,035
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 414 of 606 1 2 412 413 414 415 416 605 606
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358654 11/29/21 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Also have 2 seniors with no eligibility. And 1 junior with only only 1 year of eligibility.

Is one of those the CH -> High Point goalie? Noticed his name wasn't on the roster. Thought it was odd.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH has 123 kids listed in their lacrosse program:

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

There is a big wash-out between F->SO and JR->SR.
Jimmy Ruffin is suddenly playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQywZYoGB1g

MIAA A Conference teams are hard to make and even more difficult to get quality PT. Aside from the inclusion of FS teams and the larger numbers included on the squad rosters, the numbers going out for the lacrosse hasn't changed in fifty years. If your point is making a squad at a smaller school is easier, once again nothing has changed there either.

It is always hard to make a roster OR get PT. But there were not 120 kids going out for lax when I went to CH in the 90s. Our roster size was ~25JV and ~35V kids, tops. We probably had closer to 80 hopefuls in the school and only half that were really any good.
In the 80's, Towson had over 100 going out. Not that's d own to 40-50 total trying out. Private schools have taken over the in terms of quality and quantity.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358661 11/30/21 08:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH has 123 kids listed in their lacrosse program:

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

There is a big wash-out between F->SO and JR->SR.
Jimmy Ruffin is suddenly playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQywZYoGB1g

Clearly this indicates lots of kids never make it off the FS team and then even more don’t make it off JV.

Which im not sure that anyone should be surprised about.

CH has an abundance of players. A select few stand out but many are at similar high talent. That is when the " who you know comes into play" and CH has that in droves. Relatives, Friends, etc are first in line, then the rest. Been like that for years.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358693 11/30/21 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358695 11/30/21 11:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Also have 2 seniors with no eligibility. And 1 junior with only only 1 year of eligibility.

Is one of those the CH -> High Point goalie? Noticed his name wasn't on the roster. Thought it was odd.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CH has 123 kids listed in their lacrosse program:

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

There is a big wash-out between F->SO and JR->SR.
Jimmy Ruffin is suddenly playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQywZYoGB1g

MIAA A Conference teams are hard to make and even more difficult to get quality PT. Aside from the inclusion of FS teams and the larger numbers included on the squad rosters, the numbers going out for the lacrosse hasn't changed in fifty years. If your point is making a squad at a smaller school is easier, once again nothing has changed there either.

It is always hard to make a roster OR get PT. But there were not 120 kids going out for lax when I went to CH in the 90s. Our roster size was ~25JV and ~35V kids, tops. We probably had closer to 80 hopefuls in the school and only half that were really any good.

If you could get Nugent to stop take rippers and Pelky to stop with the chicks some of those teams could have been good.

Nugent won the Kelly Award his senior year. Not sure pulling rippers hurt him much.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
B_O_T_C #358701 11/30/21 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s also easier to get on the football field as a player at Rutgers and Maryland than it is at Ohio State and Michigan.

Send your kid to a program appropriately fitting their talent ceiling.

The worst thing is looking up after sophomore year realizing Johnny won’t make varsity until MAYBE Senior year at CH - when he could have been playing at Some other school.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358702 11/30/21 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358706 11/30/21 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.


Picking the right level for your son is difficult in 8th grade and when they start looking at colleges. There are a couple of can't misses out there but those are few and far between. Pick a top academic school with a competitive lax program which includes a great culture. Worry less about winning national championships and more about competing academically and athletically and growing as a person.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358711 11/30/21 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

If you are choosing a High School based on lax dreams that is comical. Tell your son good luck trying to start that lacrosse camp and giving lessons for $40/hr when he's 30 years old because he chased, your quote remember, not mine "Lax Dreams"

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
B_O_T_C #358713 11/30/21 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids have unrealistic expectations and healthy self-images. Good for them.

But parents really need to smarten up and learn to steer kids to better situations.

So things will never change.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358714 11/30/21 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

I'm pretty sure CHC brings up and dresses their entire JV for the Turkey Bowl

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358718 11/30/21 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

I'm pretty sure CHC brings up and dresses their entire JV for the Turkey Bowl
They had a ton of kids at NHSLS dressed out at $105 per kid. I bet many didn't touch the field. CHC kept committed starters in for the bulk of the games. It's as if it weren't a recruiting event.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
B_O_T_C #358720 11/30/21 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much of it is parents of players who have been B and C team players all through youth lax think that as soon as Johnny gets to high school he will somehow turn into an elite player.

Some absolutely do. And great for them. Most don’t. And so you have junior 18 year old JV players.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358724 11/30/21 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

I'm pretty sure CHC brings up and dresses their entire JV for the Turkey Bowl

They do not. Gotta earn that right to dress for that game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358725 11/30/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

If you are choosing a High School based on lax dreams that is comical. Tell your son good luck trying to start that lacrosse camp and giving lessons for $40/hr when he's 30 years old because he chased, your quote remember, not mine "Lax Dreams"

Most kids surely aren't going to CH for the education which is why you literally see 120+ kids showing up for tryouts for lax and football etc. If you don't think athletes who are shadowing at CH aren't shown around by other athletes and coaches touting the sports dream if you come to these schools you are naïve. These schools sell the dream not the education; sorry to burst your bubble.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358748 11/30/21 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

If you are choosing a High School based on lax dreams that is comical. Tell your son good luck trying to start that lacrosse camp and giving lessons for $40/hr when he's 30 years old because he chased, your quote remember, not mine "Lax Dreams"

Most kids surely aren't going to CH for the education which is why you literally see 120+ kids showing up for tryouts for lax and football etc. If you don't think athletes who are shadowing at CH aren't shown around by other athletes and coaches touting the sports dream if you come to these schools you are naïve. These schools sell the dream not the education; sorry to burst your bubble.

BK will never tell you not to come to CHC-he just won't play you. This is how he weakens other schools. The depth chart from 18-30 @ CHC could see considerable playing time at most other MIAA schools. This would lead to better college looks as well if that is desired... Parents wake up and stop the madness. Look around the beltway to greener pastures and still great educations.

Like Reply Quote
Page 414 of 606 1 2 412 413 414 415 416 605 606
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4