BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 251 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the rule re: age for club lacrosse?

Is it simply what grade you are in regardless of age?

From this forum it seems like madlax has a 13 year old 6th grader while I know a number of 12 year old 7th graders. Is the 13 year old “eligible” while the 12 year old is not? I can’t think of a sport that does it purely by grad year - it doesn’t make any sense to me.

There are no rules for lacrosse. That’s why US lacrosse is a absolute joke of an organization!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From this forum it seems like madlax has a 13 year old 6th grader while I know a number of 12 year old 7th graders. Is the 13 year old “eligible” while the 12 year old is not? I can’t think of a sport that does it purely by grad year - it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Ha. So right. Makes zero sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. So right. Makes zero sense.

USA lacrosse says September of 2009 puts you on the “U12” which has to be the equivalent of 6th grade. This means you have to be born after September 2009. The cutoff is specific in that it goes sept 1 - aug 31. It even has a chart to show where everyone should fall.

I guess club doesn’t follow USA lacrosse rules???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North is just as old if not older than Madlax. Not that it matters at all. I know, I know within the rules.

But there is this fairy tail that up north teams don’t have holdbacks which used to be true for sure. But not anymore.

Nonetheless, they are a great team and deserving of all their recent praise.

Don’t know how “old” Madlax is but I can tell you express north does not have anyone over 12 on the team. A bunch of kids just turned 12 in the last month. There are three summer of 2009 birthdays but that’s as old as it gets. I *think* that is appropriate but to be honest, I don’t understand how the age thing works in club. It seems all over the place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How could you possibly not know the answer to this?

Trolls come in all shapes and sizes on botc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry holdback dad, He may be new to the useless USL and ridiculous lacrosse rules pertaining to clubs. Crazy how holdbacks are in such high demand. Yet , at the sidelines, not much actually said by their parents about their age. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry holdback dad, He may be new to the useless USL and ridiculous lacrosse rules pertaining to clubs. Crazy how holdbacks are in such high demand. Yet , at the sidelines, not much actually said by their parents about their age. LOL

No I’m an on age dad. It’s just there have been about 89 posts on the topic on this forum. If your plugged in enough to know anything about botc than you know the answer to the question.
I’m just tired of the pointless drivel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I’m an on age dad. It’s just there have been about 89 posts on the topic on this forum. If your plugged in enough to know anything about botc than you know the answer to the question.

Agreed ...... other than pot shots and semi-humorous trolling, there's nothing to discuss on the topic until USL is able to exert some force on the topic.

And honestly for our 2028s, it will never matter. They are too old and they won't break up teams at their age. If the big clubs ever accept birth year rules, "starting next year, at 3rd grade and below" will be the asterisk they require.

I am an anti-holdback, on age dad but them's the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed ...... other than pot shots and semi-humorous trolling, there's nothing to discuss on the topic until USL is able to exert some force on the topic.

And honestly for our 2028s, it will never matter. They are too old and they won't break up teams at their age. If the big clubs ever accept birth year rules, "starting next year, at 3rd grade and below" will be the asterisk they require.

Madlax has 13 year olds? I wouldn’t want my 13 year old playing with 6th graders? What good does that do for them? They should be embarrassed actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why I agree it has been beat to death, not saying anything does nothing except legitimize it more. holdbacks and their parents do need to be called out at youth level. Youth sports was never meant to be like this and for grown men to propagate it for their own interests ( parents or clubs) is disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. These people should be called out. Parents should be contacting US Lacrosse to complain about this. Are we just going to wait until someone gets permanently injured?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. These people should be called out. Parents should be contacting US Lacrosse to complain about this. Are we just going to wait until someone gets permanently injured?

US lacrosse is a joke! They talk about fair play, filing up kids emotional tanks, 5 positives for every 1 negative. (Yes, I’ve taken the Us lacrosse coaches training many times)
Their answer is unless it’s a US lacrosse event they have no say in grade year vs birth year. Now, I’ve been involved for nearly 10 years, from town lacrosse to club and I’ve never been to a US lacrosse sponsored event. I have even reached out to US lacrosse CEO Marc Raccio to have a discussion. If other parents feel strongly about it I suggest contacting him as well; mriccio@uslacrosse.com 410 235 6882 ext 101

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US lacrosse is a joke! They talk about fair play, filing up kids emotional tanks, 5 positives for every 1 negative. (Yes, I’ve taken the Us lacrosse coaches training many times)
Their answer is unless it’s a US lacrosse event they have no say in grade year vs birth year. Now, I’ve been involved for nearly 10 years, from town lacrosse to club and I’ve never been to a US lacrosse sponsored event. I have even reached out to US lacrosse CEO Marc Raccio to have a discussion. If other parents feel strongly about it I suggest contacting him as well; mriccio@uslacrosse.com 410 235 6882 ext 101

Possibly the easiest hook would be that for USL to insure players, teams, or event sponsors at a tourney, the teams would have to be age based. Again this is politically near impossible but would be the "simple" way to start to enforce this.

Beyond the political hurdles, USL has to consider the fact that USL memberships and insurance are a big (or the biggest) source of income for the organization and the last thing they want to do is motivate someone else to start competing with their business model.

If it were government, this would eventually be handled by decree with a 10-15 year lag time for implementation. In this case that would kill the opposition to age-based because most club owners and tourney managers plan on selling within 10 years, I am sure of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USL is located in Baltimore and run by people who live in Baltimore surrounded by Baltimore Lacrosse. Baltimore lacrosse is the domain of the Private Schools and a major driver of holdbacks at youth level. Nothing will be done except lip service, as these same people dont want to be left out of the Baltimore Lacrosse scene....

They are just like our politicians, talk garbage but do nothing so they can party and hang out and be with the in crowd in DC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe someone brought up USL stepping in. That's almost too daft for words. USL has zero power and none of the big clubs would listen to them anyway. I don't know all their finances, of course, but I'm willing to wager the big guys collectively have more money....and even if they don't have more $$ the clubs have waaaaay more power because they have all the players! If USL tried something like this the clubs would just create their own organization that maintains the status quo and the only thing that will change will be the extra fee you pay each season for the US NALNLFAdrenalineMitchellTierneyBrownHoganMadduxGabel Club Lacrosse Association More importantly, every parent would stick with the big mid atlantic-based (et al) clubs because they are the most competitive and that's where their son's friends are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possibly the easiest hook would be that for USL to insure players, teams, or event sponsors at a tourney, the teams would have to be age based. Again this is politically near impossible but would be the "simple" way to start to enforce this.

Beyond the political hurdles, USL has to consider the fact that USL memberships and insurance are a big (or the biggest) source of income for the organization and the last thing they want to do is motivate someone else to start competing with their business model.

If it were government, this would eventually be handled by decree with a 10-15 year lag time for implementation. In this case that would kill the opposition to age-based because most club owners and tourney managers plan on selling within 10 years, I am sure of that.

There is no easy hook because there are so few age based quality tournament directors because there are so few competitive age based teams and clubs. The current club system has zero incentive to go age-based. They easily find competitive insurance and it is actually cheaper because they have 1 policy to cover their clubs and don't have to pay the additional fee or demand their parents have to pay USL. Same with sponsors in that they have no excessive risk within their own policies or sponsored parties.

Are you really suggesting our government should be involved in youth sports and then "decree" a law? That's crazy to think they should waste time on such a non-issue. There is no age-based system to satisfy everyone unless the moment a kid has a birthday, he/she must move up to the next age category. You will never find a universal date of agreeement.

USL is so bloated and in-bred and doesn't want any outside involvement. They are very happy with their current model of fund raising and social justice platform.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no easy hook because there are so few age based quality tournament directors because there are so few competitive age based teams and clubs. The current club system has zero incentive to go age-based. They easily find competitive insurance and it is actually cheaper because they have 1 policy to cover their clubs and don't have to pay the additional fee or demand their parents have to pay USL. Same with sponsors in that they have no excessive risk within their own policies or sponsored parties.

Are you really suggesting our government should be involved in youth sports and then "decree" a law? That's crazy to think they should waste time on such a non-issue. There is no age-based system to satisfy everyone unless the moment a kid has a birthday, he/she must move up to the next age category. You will never find a universal date of agreeement.

USL is so bloated and in-bred and doesn't want any outside involvement. They are very happy with their current model of fund raising and social justice platform.

No one suggested that the government will or should get involved -- he wrote that if this was the government they would do XYZ.

I don't have a dog in this fight because my son is an older on-age player so falls somewhere in the middle even with holdbacks, but I can't fathom how far off the rails a debate about the proper role of government would go on here when we can't even agree on whether WCS should count as a team, so let's just nip that in the bud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has no power over anything relating to this topic.

The only thing that could potentially change it would be the Olympics.

USA Lacrosse uses the age model. Once it becomes an Olympic Sport if by chance they decided to tie the kids age to their eligibility this could change.

What I mean is USA Lacrosse could say to qualify for the U16 team a kid has to play X number of games in sanctioned tournaments which would all have age requirements.

It’s possible but even this would be years away and is very unlikely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]What I mean is USA Lacrosse could say to qualify for the U16 team a kid has to play X number of games in sanctioned tournaments which would all have age requirements. [quote]

Cut the nose to spite the face, no chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta laugh (if it wasn't so embarrassing) when the U19 national teams have a bunch of hs freshmen and sophomores playing on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So has anyone heard what happened to the WSYL?

The random and abrupt folding still has me wondering.

Is anything on the horizon to replace it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta laugh (if it wasn't so embarrassing) when the U19 national teams have a bunch of hs freshmen and sophomores playing on it.

Meanwhile we have a 2023 Princeton commit who will show up on campus at 20 years old. Laughable!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way too much money involved to see it go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event had run its course and became a long commercial for terrible protein shakes for those that attended. It was very expensive even by travel lacrosse standards and yes established teams having holdback/older kids created some jockeying of rosters that nobody liked. Racist LI express mom also didn’t help and between COVID and sponsors not getting a good ROI, it was doomed. I see super regional tournaments replacing this mess of an event with a hotbed teams traveling to Ca, Co, Tx and Fl to compete against large fields of teams and a change of pace from NLF, NAL, Naptown etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The event had run its course and became a long commercial for terrible protein shakes for those that attended. It was very expensive even by travel lacrosse standards and yes established teams having holdback/older kids created some jockeying of rosters that nobody liked. Racist LI express mom also didn’t help and between COVID and sponsors not getting a good ROI, it was doomed. I see super regional tournaments replacing this mess of an event with a hotbed teams traveling to Ca, Co, Tx and Fl to compete against large fields of teams and a change of pace from NLF, NAL, Naptown etc.

While I agree w some of this, I think one of the biggest “hotbeds” Maryland/DC are was exposed for their older kids. Long Island proved their age based teams are far superior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree w some of this, I think one of the biggest “hotbeds” Maryland/DC are was exposed for their older kids. Long Island proved their age based teams are far superior.

Where were the eight quarterfinal teams from? Go ahead, we’ll wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What area has the most wins? I’ll wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word on the street guy running it fell in to a vat of his protein shakes and was never seen again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best of the best on age and coached teams were at the finals for WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don’t have to talk about this event for the 2028s. It’s dead Jim…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were talking about teams, tough guy, and the actual results show there are more teams in the DC/MD area who show up and can compete than from the island. Keep quiet until the 7million people in your region finally produce more than one competitive team for each grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time listener, first time caller. Close follower of youth club lacrosse. Agreed with WCS being a strong 2028 team. There is also a new regional team out of San Diego/Orange County, GWB (Great White Buffalo is what I think GWB stands for?) is the name of team. Watched them two weeks ago at a tournament in Oceanside, CA. They are very strong, top to bottom. They beat a very sound Maddog West team. Having some familiarity of most of the clubs on this list (not all), the GWB team is very skilled and I suspect easily a top five team on this list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What division are teams playing in Spring HOCO besides the obvious? Looks like only 4 divisions listed. Any surprises.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You were talking about teams, tough guy, and the actual results show there are more teams in the DC/MD area who show up and can compete than from the island. Keep quiet until the 7million people in your region finally produce more than one competitive team for each grade.

Keep quiet until your 2008 and 2009 can actually beat the LI area kids with the same birth year. Until then enjoy playing against our 2010’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long time listener, first time caller. Close follower of youth club lacrosse. Agreed with WCS being a strong 2028 team. There is also a new regional team out of San Diego/Orange County, GWB (Great White Buffalo is what I think GWB stands for?) is the name of team. Watched them two weeks ago at a tournament in Oceanside, CA. They are very strong, top to bottom. They beat a very sound Maddog West team. Having some familiarity of most of the clubs on this list (not all), the GWB team is very skilled and I suspect easily a top five team on this list.

I remained amused at the infatuation with regional teams, all star teams and whatever being happy to compete with regular HoCo teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse has no power over anything relating to this topic.

The only thing that could potentially change it would be the Olympics.

USA Lacrosse uses the age model. Once it becomes an Olympic Sport if by chance they decided to tie the kids age to their eligibility this could change.

What I mean is USA Lacrosse could say to qualify for the U16 team a kid has to play X number of games in sanctioned tournaments which would all have age requirements.

It’s possible but even this would be years away and is very unlikely.

I don't think the Olympics generally sets age standards, do they? Believe the US had a 15-year-old swimmer and a 57-year-old equestrian last time around, so not sure they'd set a max age for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks GWB dad. Awful name actually. Madlax, Hawks and many others would drop a 15-piece on your so-cal regional team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I remained amused at the infatuation with regional teams, all star teams and whatever being happy to compete with regular HoCo teams.

Again, why are regional and national teams included in rankings together?
Keep all "league teams" together and all national/regional/showcase teams together.
Otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a dad (on this team at least). Truly. And I agree about the name. W that said, please post again when you see this team play on the east coast.This team has better true lacrosse players and athletes than any team I've watched on both coasts, at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice to meet you, GWB dad trying to appear impartial!

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 251 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard