BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 155 of 313 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Out of whack"? They have consistently made the playoffs every year since their last championship in 2-14 and have been in the semis more often than not. Their coaching staff reflects the School's mission: educate and mold young men, not win at all costs. We saw a perfect example of this "team personality" when LB's young defender literally died on the field and was brought back to life before our eyes. Watching the Dons and the Eagles pray in the end zone after the game, let me know this School and Lacrosse Program are in the right place...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Out of whack"? They have consistently made the playoffs every year since their last championship in 2-14 and have been in the semis more often than not. Their coaching staff reflects the School's mission: educate and mold young men, not win at all costs. We saw a perfect example of this "team personality" when LB's young defender literally died on the field and was brought back to life before our eyes. Watching the Dons and the Eagles pray in the end zone after the game, let me know this School and Lacrosse Program are in the right place...

Agreed. Other schools should take notice and especially coaches who think their ego is more important than the young men around them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does seem disingenuous.
Prayed in the end zone after a kid almost died.
Behaved like public schoolers the other 364 days of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been watching the league for years. I think there's more to coaching than being a lifelong educator. Most of these private schools have their own personalities, traditions and styles. Fit is also important.

I think Loyola is doing ok. I cant put my finger on it exactly, but the LB program just seems a little out of whack, maybe superficial and glib these days. They just don't seem themselves. It's like they don't have a consistent team personality that meshes with the school. They underperformed last year when you look at individual talent. Was that the reason? It doesn't make sense- Kids are wearing shooter shirts with "men for others" printed on it but late for the next face off because they are busy doing full-team sideline celly's. It's just weird. I don't know. Are they the classy catholic school or the no-class club?

Last year many players went out on the field and played terrible. They didnt need to outdo anyone as they were the in player. Should have been benched but that wouldnt have gone over well with the in the know parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been watching the league for years. I think there's more to coaching than being a lifelong educator. Most of these private schools have their own personalities, traditions and styles. Fit is also important.

I think Loyola is doing ok. I cant put my finger on it exactly, but the LB program just seems a little out of whack, maybe superficial and glib these days. They just don't seem themselves. It's like they don't have a consistent team personality that meshes with the school. They underperformed last year when you look at individual talent. Was that the reason? It doesn't make sense- Kids are wearing shooter shirts with "men for others" printed on it but late for the next face off because they are busy doing full-team sideline celly's. It's just weird. I don't know. Are they the classy catholic school or the no-class club?

Last year many players went out on the field and played terrible. They didnt need to outdo anyone as they were the in player. Should have been benched but that wouldnt have gone over well with the in the know parents.

Saw the MIAA game of the week and Loyola looked like a summer club team. Too much “me” not enough “we.”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many of these coaches in this league get by on the talent at their disposal. The problem in a league with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to talent is that the coaches rely on club connections, suspect IL evaluations, and college commitments to determine the lineups. It’s good enough most of the time, but in tight games, the little things matter. Plenty of uncommitted kids on the bench at Loyola weren’t afforded a chance to show that they were actually better team players and men for others. Some of the committed kids were men for their own stats and it was obvious to everyone watching. Understandably, the path of least resistance is to go with the knowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is the problem with attending a lacrosse mill

some of these schools have a million kids in their lax program

there are results and benefits, to a point

then there are diminishing results

and situations like this

not optimized for success

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Good luck to the Loyola and CHC lacrosse players playing in the Turkey Bowl today. Both teams played in their respective League championships last weekend. Today's game will be a referendum on the Loyola football coaching staff and administration: the new staff has had five years to recruit, develop and field a team which can beat the Cardinals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Good luck to the Loyola and CHC lacrosse players playing in the Turkey Bowl today. Both teams played in their respective League championships last weekend. Today's game will be a referendum on the Loyola football coaching staff and administration: the new staff has had five years to recruit, develop and field a team which can beat the Cardinals.
Fantastic game by the dons. Bunch of lacrosse players making plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Loyola Won

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the problem with Millon coached kids? From everything I’ve seen they are hard workers and fundamentally sound.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the problem with Millon coached kids? From everything I’ve seen they are hard workers and fundamentally sound.
He doesn’t coach high school. He’s a club dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see the ones in therapy. They’ve left the sport and are trying to find their self-worth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see the ones in therapy. They’ve left the sport and are trying to find their self-worth.

Well played. MM is over the top. ..As an example of a first hand listening to him a couple years ago. The chosen one got hacked and went out of game for second half. His replacement goes in at attack and proceeds to score three goals. As MM and chosen one are going off field, the chosen one tells the goal scoring player nice three goals. Instead of MM saying something nice to player, he turns to the chosen one ( while other player is standing there) and tells his chosen one, sorry I cost you three goals by taking you out. LOL... That is the Man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well played. MM is over the top. ..As an example of a first hand listening to him a couple years ago. The chosen one got hacked and went out of game for second half. His replacement goes in at attack and proceeds to score three goals. As MM and chosen one are going off field, the chosen one tells the goal scoring player nice three goals. Instead of MM saying something nice to player, he turns to the chosen one ( while other player is standing there) and tells his chosen one, sorry I cost you three goals by taking you out. LOL... That is the Man.

Yup. Be witnessed it for years, as my son has competed against his teams for many years. Guy goes way over the line. Just like Maddux. All his best 2024 kids left as a result. Both cut from the same money-grab win-at-all-costs, cloth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 2024’s have ever left !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 2024’s have ever left !!

LMAO! Guess you forgot about the jolly green giant of years past, and the single best 2024 attackman in the country, both who went to NL… just to name two, who just happen to be the best two players the team ever had (not even arguable). Team has been on a fast decline ever since.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about Team 91 Md? Curious who the kids were that left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax.
Guy is comparing Mark to Cabel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RD and SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax.
Madlax.

Correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? If you are in the know, you should know, if not, why do you need to know ? Knowingly strange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong team…. Not 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is for high school lacrosse. Not club lacrosse.
Go to the appropriate thread for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a separate forum for Team 91. Mark will be happy to help you out there. This page is for High School.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH has 123 kids listed in their lacrosse program:

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

There is a big wash-out between F->SO and JR->SR.
Jimmy Ruffin is suddenly playing in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQywZYoGB1g

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also have 2 seniors with no eligibility. And 1 junior with only only 1 year of eligibility.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

MIAA A Conference teams are hard to make and even more difficult to get quality PT. Aside from the inclusion of FS teams and the larger numbers included on the squad rosters, the numbers going out for the lacrosse hasn't changed in fifty years. If your point is making a squad at a smaller school is easier, once again nothing has changed there either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also have 2 seniors with no eligibility. And 1 junior with only only 1 year of eligibility.

Is one of those the CH -> High Point goalie? Noticed his name wasn't on the roster. Thought it was odd.

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

MIAA A Conference teams are hard to make and even more difficult to get quality PT. Aside from the inclusion of FS teams and the larger numbers included on the squad rosters, the numbers going out for the lacrosse hasn't changed in fifty years. If your point is making a squad at a smaller school is easier, once again nothing has changed there either.

It is always hard to make a roster OR get PT. But there were not 120 kids going out for lax when I went to CH in the 90s. Our roster size was ~25JV and ~35V kids, tops. We probably had closer to 80 hopefuls in the school and only half that were really any good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is one of those the CH -> High Point goalie? Noticed his name wasn't on the roster. Thought it was odd.

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

It is always hard to make a roster OR get PT. But there were not 120 kids going out for lax when I went to CH in the 90s. Our roster size was ~25JV and ~35V kids, tops. We probably had closer to 80 hopefuls in the school and only half that were really any good.

I remember 85 going out for JV and 35ish for varsity. Not saying everyone going out for JV was good, but we were cutting 10-15 good players (usually freshmen) when there wasn't a FS team. My point is as follows: Interest in making the lacrosse team hasn't changed, the number of teams and spots on the roster has. I would posit there are more opportunities to play (at least in practice) now (between more HS teams, larger rosters and the club options) vs then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

Clearly this indicates lots of kids never make it off the FS team and then even more don’t make it off JV.

Which im not sure that anyone should be surprised about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

If you could get Nugent to stop take rippers and Pelky to stop with the chicks some of those teams could have been good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's too bad some kids cant get a chance to play for their own hs.
Good for schools that offer a club option below even fresh/soph for those bottom tier kids too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

In the 80's, Towson had over 100 going out. Not that's d own to 40-50 total trying out. Private schools have taken over the in terms of quality and quantity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

Clearly this indicates lots of kids never make it off the FS team and then even more don’t make it off JV.

Which im not sure that anyone should be surprised about.

CH has an abundance of players. A select few stand out but many are at similar high talent. That is when the " who you know comes into play" and CH has that in droves. Relatives, Friends, etc are first in line, then the rest. Been like that for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

41 Freshmen
33 Sophs
30 Jrs
19 Srs.

If you could get Nugent to stop take rippers and Pelky to stop with the chicks some of those teams could have been good.

Nugent won the Kelly Award his senior year. Not sure pulling rippers hurt him much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s also easier to get on the football field as a player at Rutgers and Maryland than it is at Ohio State and Michigan.

Send your kid to a program appropriately fitting their talent ceiling.

The worst thing is looking up after sophomore year realizing Johnny won’t make varsity until MAYBE Senior year at CH - when he could have been playing at Some other school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA lacrosse players will eventually make varsity teams at BL, St Pauls, McD and Gilman - this is not the case at CHC and Loyola because their class sizes are huge.

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did anyone happen to catch the number of kids on the sidelines for CH in the Turkey Bowl? I am guessing 75+ on the bench; apply this to the lacrosse team as well. CH where MIAA lax dreams go to die.

Picking the right level for your son is difficult in 8th grade and when they start looking at colleges. There are a couple of can't misses out there but those are few and far between. Pick a top academic school with a competitive lax program which includes a great culture. Worry less about winning national championships and more about competing academically and athletically and growing as a person.

Like Reply Quote
Page 155 of 313 1 2 153 154 155 156 157 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard