Anonymous #358245 11/25/21 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tons of college coaches will be at Koopers Vs breakers games in 10th grade. Yeah…. Rankings are meaningless

The point is this: play on the best team you can assuming you are getting meaningful playing time. Getting garbage time only on a very good team is worse than starting on a B level team.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #358295 11/25/21 09:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators will be in the conversation once they get 4 games under their belt. Probably right after top 10.

Pretty sure this was a troll post as predators have lost to some pretty bad teams already. I think the crabs on age B team beat them by 10+

Going to take a few years. I haven't heard of any elite players going to them. Just very low A, B, C. My only problem is when the club itself acts like they'll be elite and don't practice well enough to catch up (true, mesa, looking in ur direction...).

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358316 11/26/21 07:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious calling the Crabs B team an on age team. They have kids on the team who are not on age.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358336 11/26/21 09:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that all the Predator posts are by trolls, actually.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358370 11/26/21 03:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do we care so much about rankings? Shouldn’t we be asking; Is your son having fun? Is he developing on and off the field? Does he show good sportsmanship win or lose?

I know I know “hawkward” or ”hit the wall lil Johnny”….
You clearly don't follow this forum closely enough. Johnny's been hitting the wall and starts for the Hawks. Timmy is the one they cut and he needs to hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358371 11/26/21 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of college coaches will be at Koopers Vs breakers games in 10th grade. Yeah…. Rankings are meaningless

The point is this: play on the best team you can assuming you are getting meaningful playing time. Getting garbage time only on a very good team is worse than starting on a B level team.
Mostly agree. I think play against (not for) the best that you can reasonably compete against. If you dominate at elite, play up an age and test yourself. Recruiters notice a kid who stands out on the field, not a bench player on a championship squad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358397 11/26/21 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, But it seems like you wish you were on the mighty Predators. Predators will be a force within a year, watch

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358398 11/26/21 11:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the November 19 US Lacrosse rankings of eleven potential HoCo elite teams this spring. Nobody says these rankings are perfect, but it is nice to have some data to reality check the BOTC board.

I will go out on a limb and predict that the final spring HoCo standings will be pretty close to this ranking. But feel free to come back in May and tell me I was crazy.

Pretty amazing to have 7 of the top 25 national teams in one league.

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

You have to play at least 4 games to be ranked - so you can add 91 to that list in a few weeks after they play in IMCLA in FLA.

Predators will be in the conversation once they get 4 games under their belt. Probably right after top 10.

I doubt it takes 4 games. Maybe 6-10 games , then the ranking will show top 10

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358412 11/27/21 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, But it seems like you wish you were on the mighty Predators. Predators will be a force within a year, watch
Nope? How in the world would you know. You can talk to predators parents and know they aren’t the ones posting this garbage. They know they are a first year club. They know it’s an uphill battle. And they are on board. Stop caring so much about a team you troll.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358421 11/27/21 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current ranking: 143 Predators Maryland (2026) 1-5 - don't think this brand new team will jump to top 10 in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358691 11/30/21 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current ranking: 143 Predators Maryland (2026) 1-5 - don't think this brand new team will jump to top 10 in a very long time.

I doubt they stay there long. They will have to much talent. Not enough to get top 10 right away, but will be 10-20 by summer. And following year with coaches convincing players to come there, Top 10

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358708 11/30/21 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt they stay there long. They will have to much talent. Not enough to get top 10 right away, but will be 10-20 by summer. And following year with coaches convincing players to come there, Top 10

100% and then the by next fall they will be moved up to 2025 because they are so good and there is no more 2026 competition in the area, by next winter Team USA men's team will be completely replaced by the 2026 Preds. I can see the path already in place. Do we even need college lacrosse, WHY, we can watch the 2026 Predators scrimmage each other. Practice, pshh, take your kids to watch the Predators practice instead. Now that we all agree they are the best, if you are a Predators parent and not a troll, can you please go stand in the middle of Falls Road during rush hour.

-Signed Everyone

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358727 11/30/21 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% and then the by next fall they will be moved up to 2025 because they are so good and there is no more 2026 competition in the area, by next winter Team USA men's team will be completely replaced by the 2026 Preds. I can see the path already in place. Do we even need college lacrosse, WHY, we can watch the 2026 Predators scrimmage each other. Practice, pshh, take your kids to watch the Predators practice instead. Now that we all agree they are the best, if you are a Predators parent and not a troll, can you please go stand in the middle of Falls Road during rush hour.

-Signed Everyone

What a waste of time and effort

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358728 11/30/21 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Signed Everyone

Ha Ha, but all the Predator posts are trolls. I have seen their parents on the sidelines and they are a nice bunch and realistic about the team. Somebody has a hard on for the program and has made a zillion posts designed to make Predators look crazy.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #358735 11/30/21 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Preds families I ran across this fall were all pretty nice and friendly.
One of their kids lent my son some mustard for his sub. The kids ended up hitting it off and hung the rest of the day.
Their coach seemed like a pretty positive guy and kept teaching in the face of some tough competition.
Good on them.
Wish more teams were like that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 461 of 463 1 2 459 460 461 462 463
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard