BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 173 of 267 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to play at least 4 games to be ranked - so you can add 91 to that list in a few weeks after they play in IMCLA in FLA.

Even when they go 0-4?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here are the November 19 US Lacrosse rankings of eleven potential HoCo elite teams this spring. Nobody says these rankings are perfect, but it is nice to have some data to reality check the BOTC board.

I will go out on a limb and predict that the final spring HoCo standings will be pretty close to this ranking. But feel free to come back in May and tell me I was crazy.

Pretty amazing to have 7 of the top 25 national teams in one league.

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

You have to play at least 4 games to be ranked - so you can add 91 to that list in a few weeks after they play in IMCLA in FLA.

Thanks, so just bump Crabs and everybody else down a notch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by HawkyHawkwardHawkerson
This lame excuse as to why Johnny got cut from the Hawks? #Hitthewall

Thanks Hawks Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the November 19 US Lacrosse rankings of eleven potential HoCo elite teams this spring. Nobody says these rankings are perfect, but it is nice to have some data to reality check the BOTC board.

I will go out on a limb and predict that the final spring HoCo standings will be pretty close to this ranking. But feel free to come back in May and tell me I was crazy.

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

Looking at the local(-ish) rankings and the top two levels of the league there is potentially:

2 Baltimore Crabs
4 DC Express Black
9 Annapolis Hawks Green
14 Looneys
17 Madlax Capital
22 True Annapolis Green
24 VLC - VIRGINIA LACROSSE CLUB
33 Zingos Black
34 True Baltimore
36 Coastal Lacrosse Academy
39 TRW Wolfpack
43 FCA MD
46 Next Level
49 Saltwater Mid-Atlantic Lacrosse
51 HoCo Pink
52 Maryland Sidewinders Black
54 Top Caliber Red
63 302
64 Maryland Cannons Black
78 Dark Horse
85 Breakers
94 Roughriders
104 Kaos

Plus there is the Not yet Ranked -- Predators, On-Age Crabs (Hard Shells), Team 91 and rumors of Leading Edge making Sunday drives from New Jersey.

That is up to 27 teams that were either AAA or higher last year or can theoretically lay claim to a AAA or Elite spot based on recent play.. HoCo league managers may need to get creative and do a two division Elite league or maybe there will need to be preseason qualifiers for the league. Top Caliber won AAA so they should be able to move up. TRW was dominant all year and improved in a few key spot. They should be able to move up as well.

As far as how the Fall relates to the Spring Success, It will of course be different when rosters aren't lightened by football and soccer commitments. Roughriders was a playoff team last year despite their current ranking. Kaos was the back end of AAA and there are rumors of a merger with Dark Horse. Saltwater's record last year does not tll the story of team they became over the summer. And for all of the talk on this board about holdbacks, the elite kids that were displaced by the hold backs had to land somewhere, and those rosters can look very different (except of course for True who sent out 45 offer sheets with a 24 hour time limit to accept). Everyone thinks it is Crabs or Hawks to lose, and that may be true; but it is fairly wide open after that.. May be they need to have an early march "play day" to see who belongs where. That way football/futbol are not excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone thinks it’s crabs or hawks to lose. Each will lose 2-3 games in HOCO spring league.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of movement between a ton of teams the end of last season. Without seeing full teams this fall, Spring will answer where everyone belongs in the rankings. It will be fun to watch the matchups. See you at the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone thinks it’s crabs or hawks to lose. Each will lose 2-3 games in HOCO spring league.

I would like to see your receipt from the dispensary if you think Crabs or Hawks will lose 2-3 games in HOCO - who is going to beat them I'll wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo Regular Season (8 weeks)
▪ Start Date – Saturday, March 26th (2026 and 2027) and Sunday, March 27th (2028-2031)
▪ Playoff/Championship Weekend – Saturday, May 21st (Semi – Finals) / Sunday, May 22nd (Championships)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About that rumor that Leading Edge will be coming down from NJ to play in the HoCo League - Tigers XXVI tried to do that a couple/few years ago and were turned down by the powers that be at HoCo. HoCo is only for the DMV area clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

Looking at the local(-ish) rankings and the top two levels of the league there is potentially:

2 Baltimore Crabs
4 DC Express Black
9 Annapolis Hawks Green
14 Looneys
17 Madlax Capital
22 True Annapolis Green
24 VLC - VIRGINIA LACROSSE CLUB
33 Zingos Black
34 True Baltimore
36 Coastal Lacrosse Academy
39 TRW Wolfpack
43 FCA MD
46 Next Level
49 Saltwater Mid-Atlantic Lacrosse
51 HoCo Pink
52 Maryland Sidewinders Black
54 Top Caliber Red
63 302
64 Maryland Cannons Black
78 Dark Horse
85 Breakers
94 Roughriders
104 Kaos

Plus there is the Not yet Ranked -- Predators, On-Age Crabs (Hard Shells), Team 91 and rumors of Leading Edge making Sunday drives from New Jersey.

That is up to 27 teams that were either AAA or higher last year or can theoretically lay claim to a AAA or Elite spot based on recent play.. HoCo league managers may need to get creative and do a two division Elite league or maybe there will need to be preseason qualifiers for the league. Top Caliber won AAA so they should be able to move up. TRW was dominant all year and improved in a few key spot. They should be able to move up as well.

As far as how the Fall relates to the Spring Success, It will of course be different when rosters aren't lightened by football and soccer commitments. Roughriders was a playoff team last year despite their current ranking. Kaos was the back end of AAA and there are rumors of a merger with Dark Horse. Saltwater's record last year does not tll the story of team they became over the summer. And for all of the talk on this board about holdbacks, the elite kids that were displaced by the hold backs had to land somewhere, and those rosters can look very different (except of course for True who sent out 45 offer sheets with a 24 hour time limit to accept). Everyone thinks it is Crabs or Hawks to lose, and that may be true; but it is fairly wide open after that.. May be they need to have an early march "play day" to see who belongs where. That way football/futbol are not excuses.

Thanks for a logical, good post for once.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do we care so much about rankings? Shouldn’t we be asking; Is your son having fun? Is he developing on and off the field? Does he show good sportsmanship win or lose?

I know I know “hawkward” or ”hit the wall lil Johnny”….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do we care so much about rankings? Shouldn’t we be asking; Is your son having fun? Is he developing on and off the field? Does he show good sportsmanship win or lose?

The rankings are not important. Just make sure your son is getting meaningful minutes and good coaching at this age. If he is committed, talented, and athletic, he will be fine regardless of how his team ranks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rankings are not important. Just make sure your son is getting meaningful minutes and good coaching at this age. If he is committed, talented, and athletic, he will be fine regardless of how his team ranks.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of recruiting happens from terribly ranked teams! Now get me another turkey bone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why do we care so much about rankings? Shouldn’t we be asking; Is your son having fun? Is he developing on and off the field? Does he show good sportsmanship win or lose?

Lots of recruiting happens from terribly ranked teams! Now get me another turkey bone.[/quote

People against rankings are poopranked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of college coaches will be at Koopers Vs breakers games in 10th grade. Yeah…. Rankings are meaningless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

Predators will be in the conversation once they get 4 games under their belt. Probably right after top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators will be in the conversation once they get 4 games under their belt. Probably right after top 10.

MD Predators are 1-5 now. During tryouts coaches were not making any predictions as to what division they would be playing. All depends on the talent they attracted and how they develop a team. There's lots of good players in HoCo and not just in the elite division. Why play in elite and be in the bottom half when you can have fun playing in other divisions, have competitive games, and walk away with wins? Losing builds character, winning builds confidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure this was a troll post as predators have lost to some pretty bad teams already. I think the crabs on age B team beat them by 10+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tons of college coaches will be at Koopers Vs breakers games in 10th grade. Yeah…. Rankings are meaningless

The point is this: play on the best team you can assuming you are getting meaningful playing time. Getting garbage time only on a very good team is worse than starting on a B level team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure this was a troll post as predators have lost to some pretty bad teams already. I think the crabs on age B team beat them by 10+

Going to take a few years. I haven't heard of any elite players going to them. Just very low A, B, C. My only problem is when the club itself acts like they'll be elite and don't practice well enough to catch up (true, mesa, looking in ur direction...).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious calling the Crabs B team an on age team. They have kids on the team who are not on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that all the Predator posts are by trolls, actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly don't follow this forum closely enough. Johnny's been hitting the wall and starts for the Hawks. Timmy is the one they cut and he needs to hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is this: play on the best team you can assuming you are getting meaningful playing time. Getting garbage time only on a very good team is worse than starting on a B level team.
Mostly agree. I think play against (not for) the best that you can reasonably compete against. If you dominate at elite, play up an age and test yourself. Recruiters notice a kid who stands out on the field, not a bench player on a championship squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, But it seems like you wish you were on the mighty Predators. Predators will be a force within a year, watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 - Crabs
4 - DC Express
9 - Hawks
14 - Looneys
17 - MadLax
22- True
24 - VLC
39 - TRW
43 - FCA
46 - NextLevel
54 - Top Caliber

I doubt it takes 4 games. Maybe 6-10 games , then the ranking will show top 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, But it seems like you wish you were on the mighty Predators. Predators will be a force within a year, watch
Nope? How in the world would you know. You can talk to predators parents and know they aren’t the ones posting this garbage. They know they are a first year club. They know it’s an uphill battle. And they are on board. Stop caring so much about a team you troll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current ranking: 143 Predators Maryland (2026) 1-5 - don't think this brand new team will jump to top 10 in a very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current ranking: 143 Predators Maryland (2026) 1-5 - don't think this brand new team will jump to top 10 in a very long time.

I doubt they stay there long. They will have to much talent. Not enough to get top 10 right away, but will be 10-20 by summer. And following year with coaches convincing players to come there, Top 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt they stay there long. They will have to much talent. Not enough to get top 10 right away, but will be 10-20 by summer. And following year with coaches convincing players to come there, Top 10

100% and then the by next fall they will be moved up to 2025 because they are so good and there is no more 2026 competition in the area, by next winter Team USA men's team will be completely replaced by the 2026 Preds. I can see the path already in place. Do we even need college lacrosse, WHY, we can watch the 2026 Predators scrimmage each other. Practice, pshh, take your kids to watch the Predators practice instead. Now that we all agree they are the best, if you are a Predators parent and not a troll, can you please go stand in the middle of Falls Road during rush hour.

-Signed Everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% and then the by next fall they will be moved up to 2025 because they are so good and there is no more 2026 competition in the area, by next winter Team USA men's team will be completely replaced by the 2026 Preds. I can see the path already in place. Do we even need college lacrosse, WHY, we can watch the 2026 Predators scrimmage each other. Practice, pshh, take your kids to watch the Predators practice instead. Now that we all agree they are the best, if you are a Predators parent and not a troll, can you please go stand in the middle of Falls Road during rush hour.

-Signed Everyone

What a waste of time and effort

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Signed Everyone

Ha Ha, but all the Predator posts are trolls. I have seen their parents on the sidelines and they are a nice bunch and realistic about the team. Somebody has a hard on for the program and has made a zillion posts designed to make Predators look crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Preds families I ran across this fall were all pretty nice and friendly.
One of their kids lent my son some mustard for his sub. The kids ended up hitting it off and hung the rest of the day.
Their coach seemed like a pretty positive guy and kept teaching in the face of some tough competition.
Good on them.
Wish more teams were like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators is doing something right. You all talk about them as much as you do the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators is doing something right. You all talk about them as much as you do the Hawks.

Please dont ever put Hawks in the same sentence with rec programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds lost to Hereford Lacrosse Club, but are going to be Top 10 next year? Laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please dont ever put Hawks in the same sentence with rec programs
Why? They are talked about just as much as Hawks are, but their parents are more enjoyable, without egos larger than life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Signed Everyone

Relax, I bet you are a whole lot of fun to be around this Christmas. Getting into top 20 with a bunch of private school players with good coaches is not that earth shattering. And a possible rise the next year...heaven forbid ..LOL.

And if we go by the chatter and talk in Baltimore plus the envious nature of people like you, they have arrived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds lost to Hereford Lacrosse Club, but are going to be Top 10 next year? Laughable.

The talk of Baltimore and the envy of many parents from nearby clubs, Now that is laughable

Like Reply Quote
Page 173 of 267 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard