Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #357876 11/22/21 04:08 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is a bigger problem in the public schools, where a student has no choice as to which HS she/he attends (or a very narrow choice).

Coaches want players to be at their schools to help them win. Not sure they care what club they come from. If a coach only gets players from a local average club I can see that coach looking to get them trained better.[/quote]

You'd hope that was the case. In our instance, the player went to a better club with better coaching and was punished for leaving the HS coach's club. Not the first time it happened, either.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

cltlax #357920 11/22/21 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
It is a bigger problem in the public schools, where a student has no choice as to which HS she/he attends (or a very narrow choice).

Coaches want players to be at their schools to help them win. Not sure they care what club they come from. If a coach only gets players from a local average club I can see that coach looking to get them trained better.

You'd hope that was the case. In our instance, the player went to a better club with better coaching and was punished for leaving the HS coach's club. Not the first time it happened, either.[/quote]

Our IAAM coach will give varsity roster spots to younger players from her club over tenured and talented players who are not from her club. She gives significant playing time to these players as well. If you don’t play for her club you have a significant road block to varsity playing time. It’s very obvious and openly discussed within her club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357968 11/23/21 12:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches want players to be at their schools to help them win. Not sure they care what club they come from. If a coach only gets players from a local average club I can see that coach looking to get them trained better.

You'd hope that was the case. In our instance, the player went to a better club with better coaching and was punished for leaving the HS coach's club. Not the first time it happened, either.

Our IAAM coach will give varsity roster spots to younger players from her club over tenured and talented players who are not from her club. She gives significant playing time to these players as well. If you don’t play for her club you have a significant road block to varsity playing time. It’s very obvious and openly discussed within her club.[/quote]

The only female IAAM coach that coaches club is MG and if you are talking about her you are completely wrong. If your daughter isn't playing for SPSG it's because she isn't good enough.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357986 11/23/21 07:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our IAAM coach will give varsity roster spots to younger players from her club over tenured and talented players who are not from her club. She gives significant playing time to these players as well. If you don’t play for her club you have a significant road block to varsity playing time. It’s very obvious and openly discussed within her club.

The only female IAAM coach that coaches club is MG and if you are talking about her you are completely wrong. If your daughter isn't playing for SPSG it's because she isn't good enough.[/quote]

Incorrect. There is an IAAM school whose head coach is heavily intertwined with Integrity.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358019 11/23/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only female IAAM coach that coaches club is MG and if you are talking about her you are completely wrong. If your daughter isn't playing for SPSG it's because she isn't good enough.[/quote]

I think they are talking about Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358051 11/23/21 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only female IAAM coach that coaches club is MG and if you are talking about her you are completely wrong. If your daughter isn't playing for SPSG it's because she isn't good enough.

I think they are talking about Spalding.[/quote]

Couldn't be Spalding, the JV didn't have any kids that could have played Varsity. As for your "tenured" child, she knows who's better than her.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #358061 11/23/21 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven’t noticed MG giving undeserved playtime to the girls that pay her for training but all of them make varsity.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358202 11/24/21 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is looking for facts that fit a narrative and not the other way around . MG has plenty of girls on jv that also train with her. She is a very good coach and great with fundamentals. That’s why she has a lot of girls wanting to train with her with both jv and varsity.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #358210 11/24/21 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG is the new McDonogh. Everyone is going to detest on MG just like they hated on CR when he was at the top. It’s just the way it is. She can handle it. Keep hating. Happy Thanksgiving.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358220 11/24/21 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG is the new McDonogh. Everyone is going to detest on MG just like they hated on CR when he was at the top. It’s just the way it is. She can handle it. Keep hating. Happy Thanksgiving.

I love MG but she has a loooooonggggg way to go to be close to what CR did. Not sure why the detest for SPSG after one year. McD is probably the favorite this season anyway. McD, SPSG and GCS should probably be the top 3. Maybe Maryvale close as well. SPSG lost most of their starters from last year.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358268 11/25/21 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love MG but she has a loooooonggggg way to go to be close to what CR did. Not sure why the detest for SPSG after one year. McD is probably the favorite this season anyway. McD, SPSG and GCS should probably be the top 3. Maybe Maryvale close as well. SPSG lost most of their starters from last year.

I agree with the top three, but I think GCS may be the team to beat this year. I believe they have over 20 D1 commits on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358277 11/25/21 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the top three, but I think GCS may be the team to beat this year. I believe they have over 20 D1 commits on the roster.

Wishful thinking. The best thing about GCS is now at Maryvale. Unless GCS hires a game changing coach, the program has seen it's best days behind them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358284 11/25/21 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone can repeat or beat what CR did at McD. It was a dynasty. They invested lots of money into having a dominant team. Things have changed there since. Kind of like the Gilman football program when it was giving kids from out of state a full ride to get them to play football. The Head finally put a stop to that practice, and the coach left. Seems like the same clampdown may be happening at McD.

While a top recruit may get a bit of merit aid as an incentive at most schools, McD has been giving significantly more in merit aid to athletes, often to families with the ability to pay full price.

Parents play schools against each other - "we got $n from such and such, what can you do for us?" has become the norm.

At some point, schools need to ask themselves - what is their mission? Is it having winning athletic teams? Is it education?

Some schools have a clear mission, and would rather offer aid to qualified students who lack the means to pay rather than throw money at an athlete from a wealthy family just to win games.

Others not so much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358290 11/25/21 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wishful thinking. The best thing about GCS is now at Maryvale. Unless GCS hires a game changing coach, the program has seen it's best days behind them.
the coach they have is very good and will get more out of the girls than BR could. GCS wins it all this year but will be back in the B division within 3 years

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358331 11/26/21 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did bring in another coach. GCS is the team to beat this year, only lost 1 starter from last years team. And they will be in the B conference in less than 3 years.

Like Reply Quote
Page 138 of 141 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 141
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard