Anonymous #358230 11/24/21 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Been watching the league for years. I think there's more to coaching than being a lifelong educator. Most of these private schools have their own personalities, traditions and styles. Fit is also important.

I think Loyola is doing ok. I cant put my finger on it exactly, but the LB program just seems a little out of whack, maybe superficial and glib these days. They just don't seem themselves. It's like they don't have a consistent team personality that meshes with the school. They underperformed last year when you look at individual talent. Was that the reason? It doesn't make sense- Kids are wearing shooter shirts with "men for others" printed on it but late for the next face off because they are busy doing full-team sideline celly's. It's just weird. I don't know. Are they the classy catholic school or the no-class club?

Last year many players went out on the field and played terrible. They didnt need to outdo anyone as they were the in player. Should have been benched but that wouldnt have gone over well with the in the know parents.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #358232 11/24/21 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been watching the league for years. I think there's more to coaching than being a lifelong educator. Most of these private schools have their own personalities, traditions and styles. Fit is also important.

I think Loyola is doing ok. I cant put my finger on it exactly, but the LB program just seems a little out of whack, maybe superficial and glib these days. They just don't seem themselves. It's like they don't have a consistent team personality that meshes with the school. They underperformed last year when you look at individual talent. Was that the reason? It doesn't make sense- Kids are wearing shooter shirts with "men for others" printed on it but late for the next face off because they are busy doing full-team sideline celly's. It's just weird. I don't know. Are they the classy catholic school or the no-class club?

Last year many players went out on the field and played terrible. They didnt need to outdo anyone as they were the in player. Should have been benched but that wouldnt have gone over well with the in the know parents.

Saw the MIAA game of the week and Loyola looked like a summer club team. Too much “me” not enough “we.”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358234 11/24/21 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many of these coaches in this league get by on the talent at their disposal. The problem in a league with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to talent is that the coaches rely on club connections, suspect IL evaluations, and college commitments to determine the lineups. It’s good enough most of the time, but in tight games, the little things matter. Plenty of uncommitted kids on the bench at Loyola weren’t afforded a chance to show that they were actually better team players and men for others. Some of the committed kids were men for their own stats and it was obvious to everyone watching. Understandably, the path of least resistance is to go with the knowns.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #358247 11/25/21 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is the problem with attending a lacrosse mill

some of these schools have a million kids in their lax program

there are results and benefits, to a point

then there are diminishing results

and situations like this

not optimized for success

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #358259 11/25/21 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Good luck to the Loyola and CHC lacrosse players playing in the Turkey Bowl today. Both teams played in their respective League championships last weekend. Today's game will be a referendum on the Loyola football coaching staff and administration: the new staff has had five years to recruit, develop and field a team which can beat the Cardinals.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358271 11/25/21 01:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Good luck to the Loyola and CHC lacrosse players playing in the Turkey Bowl today. Both teams played in their respective League championships last weekend. Today's game will be a referendum on the Loyola football coaching staff and administration: the new staff has had five years to recruit, develop and field a team which can beat the Cardinals.
Fantastic game by the dons. Bunch of lacrosse players making plays.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358272 11/25/21 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and situations like this

Loyola Won

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358302 11/25/21 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the problem with Millon coached kids? From everything I’ve seen they are hard workers and fundamentally sound.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358311 11/26/21 12:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the problem with Millon coached kids? From everything I’ve seen they are hard workers and fundamentally sound.
He doesn’t coach high school. He’s a club dad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358324 11/26/21 07:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see the ones in therapy. They’ve left the sport and are trying to find their self-worth.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358338 11/26/21 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see the ones in therapy. They’ve left the sport and are trying to find their self-worth.

Well played. MM is over the top. ..As an example of a first hand listening to him a couple years ago. The chosen one got hacked and went out of game for second half. His replacement goes in at attack and proceeds to score three goals. As MM and chosen one are going off field, the chosen one tells the goal scoring player nice three goals. Instead of MM saying something nice to player, he turns to the chosen one ( while other player is standing there) and tells his chosen one, sorry I cost you three goals by taking you out. LOL... That is the Man.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358378 11/26/21 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well played. MM is over the top. ..As an example of a first hand listening to him a couple years ago. The chosen one got hacked and went out of game for second half. His replacement goes in at attack and proceeds to score three goals. As MM and chosen one are going off field, the chosen one tells the goal scoring player nice three goals. Instead of MM saying something nice to player, he turns to the chosen one ( while other player is standing there) and tells his chosen one, sorry I cost you three goals by taking you out. LOL... That is the Man.

Yup. Be witnessed it for years, as my son has competed against his teams for many years. Guy goes way over the line. Just like Maddux. All his best 2024 kids left as a result. Both cut from the same money-grab win-at-all-costs, cloth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358387 11/26/21 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 2024’s have ever left !!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358425 11/27/21 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 2024’s have ever left !!

LMAO! Guess you forgot about the jolly green giant of years past, and the single best 2024 attackman in the country, both who went to NL… just to name two, who just happen to be the best two players the team ever had (not even arguable). Team has been on a fast decline ever since.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358433 11/27/21 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about Team 91 Md? Curious who the kids were that left.

Like Reply Quote
Page 423 of 427 1 2 421 422 423 424 425 426 427
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard