BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 73 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good D1 is done with 23 and laser focused on 24. 50 of the top coaches at one game at pres cup. Monster and capital had a large group too.
This is simply incorrect. College coaches aren't even close to being done with 2023s.

2023 is the focus. Don’t believe the lies by those trying to hype their club or services.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this is a parent on icon, empire, 91, flg, or laxon who did not get a spot in presidents cup

The truth is that college coaches are currently looking at both the 2023s and 2024s.... The Schools that are done or close to being done will probably be a little more focused on the 24s going forward and the schools that have more spots to fill in the 23 class will obviously be trying to fill their spots.

Just like Santa, the coaches will be making their list and checking it twice for the 2024's.... Players and parents should be making their list as well.... If your daughter is not one of the top 20 or so players on the Island it is very important that your daughter makes the coaches at the schools that she is most like to attend know of her sincere interest. The coaches will pursue the top players but the majority of players will need to do more outreach.

Best of luck to all, enjoy the ride and for Pete's sake stop with the bashing.

Best post in a long while

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good post !! Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truth most school are still very much focused on the 23’s and maybe even a few late 22’s .nobody is disputing anyones claim that college coaches are on the sidelines looking watching the games . The fact is they are still actively trying to lock up 23’s on the fence and hold out 22’s. Once the spring HS season starts and your summer club season , you will see much more activity on the sidelines. Don’t be fooled either most of the coaches on the 24 sidelines this past weekend were D2 and D3. Everyone relax nobody is offering your kid a scholarship for Christmas. Relax and enjoy the ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The truth most school are still very much focused on the 23’s and maybe even a few late 22’s .nobody is disputing anyones claim that college coaches are on the sidelines looking watching the games . The fact is they are still actively trying to lock up 23’s on the fence and hold out 22’s. Once the spring HS season starts and your summer club season , you will see much more activity on the sidelines. Don’t be fooled either most of the coaches on the 24 sidelines this past weekend were D2 and D3. Everyone relax nobody is offering your kid a scholarship for Christmas. Relax and enjoy the ride

Thank you. .
What you are saying is what we have been told by those having gone through this before. Seems like a lot of fake info on here lately by those trying to generate income $$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. .
What you are saying is what we have been told by those having gone through this before. Seems like a lot of fake info on here lately by those trying to generate income $$$.

No one can make more money by stating coaches are watching 24s- this fall we had Syracuse, BU, BC, Towson, Binghamtom, Ohio State, JMU, Rutgers, New Paltz, Harvard, Brown, Lafayette, UNC, USC, Villanova, Vanderbilt, Bucknell, Loyola, Georgetown, Standford, Cornell, Columbia, UConn, Catholic and more watching our daughters team play. I cannot make any money telling you that info. Top D1 schools already have their 23s done, so they will start on the 24s so that come this summer they have a list of kids they want to see more and teams that impressed. I cannot make any money off of this nor can I gain anything I am meerly sharing our experiences this fall. It feels like some others are blwoing up this page saying 24s arent looked at while players and families on teams that were in good tournaments know for a fact that this just isn't the truth. Will missing this fall completely kill your chance at being recruited? No. Good players will still be seen regardless if they are on a good team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much like the other posters stated who have gone through this process , nobody is disputing that college coaches were not on the sidelines. Unfortunately they most likely were not paying much if any attention. You do realize these coaches get paid by the event to attend these showcase tournament right ? Top 25 programs get paid upwards of $5,000 to show up. It’s not always what it appears .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. .

No one can make more money by stating coaches are watching 24s- this fall we had Syracuse, BU, BC, Towson, Binghamtom, Ohio State, JMU, Rutgers, New Paltz, Harvard, Brown, Lafayette, UNC, USC, Villanova, Vanderbilt, Bucknell, Loyola, Georgetown, Standford, Cornell, Columbia, UConn, Catholic and more watching our daughters team play. I cannot make any money telling you that info. Top D1 schools already have their 23s done, so they will start on the 24s so that come this summer they have a list of kids they want to see more and teams that impressed. I cannot make any money off of this nor can I gain anything I am meerly sharing our experiences this fall. It feels like some others are blwoing up this page saying 24s arent looked at while players and families on teams that were in good tournaments know for a fact that this just isn't the truth. Will missing this fall completely kill your chance at being recruited? No. Good players will still be seen regardless if they are on a good team.

What team is your daughter on ? Also well said. The 2024's have plenty of time even if they were at presidents Cup AND didnt get looked at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much like the other posters stated who have gone through this process , nobody is disputing that college coaches were not on the sidelines. Unfortunately they most likely were not paying much if any attention. You do realize these coaches get paid by the event to attend these showcase tournament right ? Top 25 programs get paid upwards of $5,000 to show up. It’s not always what it appears .

Bingo! Think logically people. We're 10 months out from 9/22. Many kids are unable to attend the majority of Fall tournaments due to other sports. These kids have a year to develop, an entire Spring season to play, and then summer tournament season. That's a lot of time and lacrosse long before the process of contact begins. Are Coaches taking a peak? Sure, but I wouldn't say it's anything more than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo! Think logically people. We're 10 months out from 9/22. Many kids are unable to attend the majority of Fall tournaments due to other sports. These kids have a year to develop, an entire Spring season to play, and then summer tournament season. That's a lot of time and lacrosse long before the process of contact begins. Are Coaches taking a peak? Sure, but I wouldn't say it's anything more than that.

I think it's more than a peak our daughters sports recruits blew up after this weekend. Playing in these events this fall definitely gave us a one up on some other programs that did not. It's facts. Anything else said is to try and make parents of teams who didnt attend feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes- I thi

Thanks for the insight.
Tough reading through some of the other posts that are BS and appear to have an ulterior motive.
I was in Dallas and enjoyed our time but it wasn’t even close to being a game changer. A good amount of girls chose not to go. Seems like A lot of hype over nothing and maybe that money could have been used somewhere else? It’s extremely stressful already and to have to muddle through all the Fake news that is posted by only a few.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all fake news , unless you have gone through this process with another child. People want you to think you have to play on a certain club or attend certain tournament showcases . You can play on a mediocre club and be a stud and play D-1. You can play on a so called top club and beat everyone 20-0 and you might be a D-3 player. Relax it will workout for everyone. No need to bash clubs, coaches or players and parents. If your daughter is a good player she will find a college that fits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's more than a peak our daughters sports recruits blew up after this weekend. Playing in these events this fall definitely gave us a one up on some other programs that did not. It's facts. Anything else said is to try and make parents of teams who didnt attend feel better.

That's great and now you'll get an email from many programs asking you to fill out a questionare. Then you'll get an email "inviting" your daughter to attend a camp or showcase. All very nice but pretty much meaningless at this point. I'm not trying to bash or cause issues, it's my 3rd go around so just trying to shed some light on how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all fake news , unless you have gone through this process with another child. People want you to think you have to play on a certain club or attend certain tournament showcases . You can play on a mediocre club and be a stud and play D-1. You can play on a so called top club and beat everyone 20-0 and you might be a D-3 player. Relax it will workout for everyone. No need to bash clubs, coaches or players and parents. If your daughter is a good player she will find a college that fits.

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great and now you'll get an email from many programs asking you to fill out a questionare. Then you'll get an email "inviting" your daughter to attend a camp or showcase. All very nice but pretty much meaningless at this point. I'm not trying to bash or cause issues, it's my 3rd go around so just trying to shed some light on how it works.

True. And you don’t have to do any of it. My ‘23 daughter missed last fall and part of the summer and was still recruited by several top schools that other people told us don’t recruit unless you attend their camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. And you don’t have to do any of it. My ‘23 daughter missed last fall and part of the summer and was still recruited by several top schools that other people told us don’t recruit unless you attend their camp.

Same person again trying to take down the fact that these events put kids ahead. I coached on the boys side for years and now coach on the girls side for my oldest and now my younger. This fall is 100% important

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is horrible advice unless your kid is one of the Unicorns/Top 25 players. Everyone else has to do a lot of work to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are guessing you weren't there? Ask around before you make foolish comments about what coaches were there & not there. Again, ask around about the top tier coaches that were there.
You can return from your research and share your new found knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please define/name Top Schools. Also, did the schools make offers? Not trying to be a J$&#, just trying to put gain some perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is horrible advice unless your kid is one of the Unicorns/Top 25 players. Everyone else has to do a lot of work to get recruited.

Work smarter not harder. Stop running to every event and just focus on doing the little things well. If your girl is a talented and smart player, the coaches will come. Stop being a sheep. Lots of good players were recruited to top school coaches despite missing months due to injuries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This coming from the same guy who apparently thinks because he saw A guy with a UNC visor his kid was getting recruited. Please share all of your wisdom as well . Relax guy , nobody is even thinking about your kid unless she’s a top ranked player on one of the dozen so called recruiting platforms ,which as everyone knows is manipulated by certain clubs and directors. Clearly you have not been through this process. Money grab showcases charging $2000 and upwards a team, then the college coaches get paid to attend . I’m sure you can see what’s happening with all your great wisdom . Now you can share all your new found knowledge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please define/name Top Schools. Also, did the schools make offers? Not trying to be a J$&#, just trying to put gain some perspective.

Yes, 5 official visits, and 4 offers. All top 15 schools. These are some schools that recruited girls who barely played over the past year due to injuries: Maryland, UNC, Syracuse, Stanford, Northwestern, Yale. Probably more, those are the ones I'm aware of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This.. Reality is that any exposure in front of targeted schools is a good thing. Different schools have different approaches, but attending these events (as long as you tell coaches in advance that you are attending).

Most programs start making lists fall of freshman year based on a combination of things based on 1) emails from athletes 2) club coach recommendations, 3) performance at camps 4) performance on the field 5) history with other girls at same club 6) ability for athlete to get admitted.

Can you be recruited if you don't attend some of these showcases or recruiting events? Yes. Will a good performance improve your chances? Yes.

Any good club recruiting director will tell kids in their freshman year to develop a list of 15-20 target schools based on talent levels, Kids should be reaching out to them and working to attend tourneys/showcases/camps which they will attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly!

Agreed. From my experience, the girls from good clubs who don't get recruited have one of two challenges.

1) Targeting schools at too high of a level for their talent, athleticism and physical talents (height/speed)
2) Not having the grades to be admitted to their target schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This coming from the same guy who apparently thinks because he saw A guy with a UNC visor his kid was getting recruited. Please share all of your wisdom as well . Relax guy , nobody is even thinking about your kid unless she’s a top ranked player on one of the dozen so called recruiting platforms ,which as everyone knows is manipulated by certain clubs and directors. Clearly you have not been through this process. Money grab showcases charging $2000 and upwards a team, then the college coaches get paid to attend . I’m sure you can see what’s happening with all your great wisdom . Now you can share all your new found knowledge!

A coach with head to toe UNC gear on and a clipboard sitting in the coaches chairs taking notes is totally a guy in a visor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what’s going on with Prime Time, MD scores? They aren’t posted on Tourney Machine anymore. For any team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what’s going on with Prime Time, MD scores? They aren’t posted on Tourney Machine anymore. For any team.

Doesn’t seem like the tournament entered the scores

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cause Porch’s tournies are pure money grab and she doesn’t hire table help. Also the fields are laid out wrong. No space in the middle. Wish there was an alternative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cause Porch’s tournies are pure money grab and she doesn’t hire table help. Also the fields are laid out wrong. No space in the middle. Wish there was an alternative.

Unbelievable. Just found out that no scores from Pime Time count towards US Lacrosse rankings for any team that attended. Across all age groups. Wrong on so many levels. Can’t just delete scores b/c the hosting clubs teams supposedly did poorly. All of the clubs directors that attended should demand rectification and a refund if not adjusted accordingly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Porch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money grab !!! That doesn’t help anyones club at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Donna Martin Graduates!!!

“Unbelievable. Just found out that no scores from Pime Time count towards US Lacrosse rankings for any team that attended. Across all age groups. Wrong on so many levels. Can’t just delete scores b/c the hosting clubs teams supposedly did poorly. All of the clubs directors that attended should demand rectification and a refund if not adjusted accordingly.[/quote]”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unbelievable. Just found out that no scores from Pime Time count towards US Lacrosse rankings for any team that attended. Across all age groups. Wrong on so many levels. Can’t just delete scores b/c the hosting clubs teams supposedly did poorly. All of the clubs directors that attended should demand rectification and a refund if not adjusted accordingly.

Not right but it happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not right but it happens

That’s not an acceptable answer. It’s a purposeful manipulation that should be addressed by following all channels and avenues to rectify. Scores were posted during, and post showcase. Now fully deleted. Unprofessional, unethical.
Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not right but it happens

That’s not an acceptable answer. It’s a purposeful manipulation that should be addressed by following all channels and avenues to rectify. Scores were posted during, and post showcase. Now fully deleted. Unprofessional, unethical.
Period.

For most divisions, scores were never posted - not during or after. I was told that this tournament in particular never keeps or posts official scores (think last year may have been exception having to do with people not being allowed to be present due to COVID). But if that's true, clubs would have signed up knowing this and so there is no grounds for "rectification and refund"

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Not right but it happens

Period.

For most divisions, scores were never posted - not during or after. I was told that this tournament in particular never keeps or posts official scores (think last year may have been exception having to do with people not being allowed to be present due to COVID). But if that's true, clubs would have signed up knowing this and so there is no grounds for "rectification and refund"

The 2024 division in particular did not have any official scores posted this year. Nothing was deleted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny ...At minimum, I saw the first two games per team posted. I have screenshot but can’t post here. You must be one of those who ran the show in MD. Unacceptable to say the least. Post the scores

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny ...At minimum, I saw the first two games per team posted. I have screenshot but can’t post here. You must be one of those who ran the show in MD. Unacceptable to say the least. Post the scores

Sorry your kid's USCL fall ranking was messed up, but really, it's going to be okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They started posting scores for the first game (not all teams), but then stopped. I never saw scores posted for our 2nd or 3rd games, nor the other teams I was following.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it looks like Legacy is the second ranked team on LI. YJ Wiener is # 4 overall, best from Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it looks like Legacy is the second ranked team on LI. YJ Wiener is # 4 overall, best from Long Island

Who is in front of them?

Page 29 of 73 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard