BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on the remaining NJ 2023's for recruiting? This was a big weekend with NLF, NXT and Pinnacle with all the NJ teams basically playing in one of these tourneys. After Florida in December, the focus shifts to the 2024's on June 1st (minus HS ball).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL director leaving for True program? Oh boy.

If it is the 8th to high school one BBL will be better off with new blood. Great guy but BBL needs new people. And he needs fresh air at a new club as well. A win win.

Why would bbl need new people? Is it because they have a pretty weak coaching staff? I am just curious.

Need staff at director level.

Coaching is team by team. The coaches are good because the teams practice so much the jobs are pretty good and consistent for part time lacrosse gigs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on the remaining NJ 2023's for recruiting? This was a big weekend with NLF, NXT and Pinnacle with all the NJ teams basically playing in one of these tourneys. After Florida in December, the focus shifts to the 2024's on June 1st (minus HS ball).

What updates do you want? There will be some more 2023 D1 commits shortly, then a slow trickle of kids committing through spring and summer. Next summer you will see a bunch of D3 commitments through the fall. The top 2024s will commit next Fall and the cycle continues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What updates do you want? There will be some more 2023 D1 commits shortly, then a slow trickle of kids committing through spring and summer. Next summer you will see a bunch of D3 commitments through the fall. The top 2024s will commit next Fall and the cycle continues.

Exactly, it's the same as every other year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with Tim Roy as a high school coach? He is now at Chatham.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone share their experience if they play lax for SHP? Is it very competitive to make the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How? What happened? Did they cut him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone share their experience if they play lax for SHP? Is it very competitive to make the team?

They have Freshmen, JV, Varsity teams. About 30 kids will make each team. About 120 kids will probably try out so depending on the grade you will need to be in the top 75% or so as a frosh or soph.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAL was extremely embarrassing for NJ lax outside of Leading Edge.

Bluestar, BBL and Riot all struggled.

Outside of Leading Edge? They are still the same old turnover machine as always. And they had a cupcake schedule and still lost.

My goodness… detest LE all you want, but give some credit where its due. They had a good weekend! The NJ clubs all played in different brackets at each age level. No one had a cupcake schedule.

I can’t stand LE because they are liars and you can’t trust them at all. It’s that simple. I had my son play with them for 5 years and they F’d us his junior year.

Sounds like your kid was a bottom 10%er and got cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of Leading Edge? They are still the same old turnover machine as always. And they had a cupcake schedule and still lost.

My goodness… detest LE all you want, but give some credit where its due. They had a good weekend! The NJ clubs all played in different brackets at each age level. No one had a cupcake schedule.

I can’t stand LE because they are liars and you can’t trust them at all. It’s that simple. I had my son play with them for 5 years and they F’d us his junior year.

Also sounds like you may have been part of the problem. What does that mean, they screwed us his junior year anyway?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a 2023 commit that was on JV last year, so yes, it is pretty competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also sounds like you may have been part of the problem. What does that mean, they screwed us his junior year anyway?

I think this person is on the team now and referring to the present time. Lots of parents frustrated with playing time, 2022’s playing on the team and lack of college offers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you say Tim Roy would ruin Chatham? He seems like a good coach, although I don’t know him well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you say Tim Roy would ruin Chatham? He seems like a good coach, although I don’t know him well.

Whether justified or not, he has definitely rubbed some people the wrong way. Obviously, there are two sides to each LE story, but you have to imagine that some of the negative comments are legitimate, and some just sour grapes. The real question is whether he can succeed without the ability to recruit the players that he wants. The player pool is limited to the borders of Chatham, unlike LE, or schools like Delbarton and SHP, that pull in top players consistently.. That is not meant to be a knock on the Chatham program, just the reality of the situation. Perhaps if he can convince those kids that leave Chatham to go to private schools for lacrosse to stay, that may be a positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This means that they often will end up cutting the bottom 10% of the team and adding kids that come over from other clubs to improve the roster. It happens with many programs.

So it most likely means your son was a bottom of the roster guy that they felt could be replaced by someone or just better off without having to give your son playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whether justified or not, he has definitely rubbed some people the wrong way. Obviously, there are two sides to each LE story, but you have to imagine that some of the negative comments are legitimate, and some just sour grapes. The real question is whether he can succeed without the ability to recruit the players that he wants. The player pool is limited to the borders of Chatham, unlike LE, or schools like Delbarton and SHP, that pull in top players consistently.. That is not meant to be a knock on the Chatham program, just the reality of the situation. Perhaps if he can convince those kids that leave Chatham to go to private schools for lacrosse to stay, that may be a positive.

Thats a fair point. A lot of the Chatham success will come from what kids end up staying public. Let's call a spade a spade, the previous coach has had some pretty insane talent while he was there. They won a couple of state titles and a lot of people in town still have not had many great things to say.

If the talent stays in that town, the program would be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a fair point. A lot of the Chatham success will come from what kids end up staying public. Let's call a spade a spade, the previous coach has had some pretty insane talent while he was there. They won a couple of state titles and a lot of people in town still have not had many great things to say.

If the talent stays in that town, the program would be just fine.

Agreed, schools like Westfield, Summit, ML, Manasquan and RFH do a great job keeping kids public...Chatham could easily be part of the mix

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t stand LE because they are liars and you can’t trust them at all. It’s that simple. I had my son play with them for 5 years and they F’d us his junior year.[/quote]

Sounds like your kid was a bottom 10%er and got cut.[/quote]

Also sounds like you may have been part of the problem. What does that mean, they screwed us his junior year anyway?[/quote]

This means that they often will end up cutting the bottom 10% of the team and adding kids that come over from other clubs to improve the roster. It happens with many programs.

So it most likely means your son was a bottom of the roster guy that they felt could be replaced by someone or just better off without having to give your son playing time.[/quote]

Actually, you’re all wrong. He wasn’t cut and was a strong player. Not top 5, but next 5. It was because he chose to play with his HS team in the fall, he was ignored thereafter. No recruiting support.

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: belligerent
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not say Summit, Manasquan, RFH, and Westfield do a great job of keeping kids public compared to Mountain Lakes. If you look at the rosters of schools like Delbarton, SHP, Pingry, Lawrenceville, and even NE prep schools, they are littered with kids from Summit every year. Same applies to Westfield for SHP, St. Peters, and Pingry. Less so with Delbarton and the prep schools. With regard to Squan and RFH, take a look at the rosters at CBA, Red Bank Catholic, Lawrenceville, Hun, etc. Ridgewood, Northern Highlands, and Ramapo are all in the same boat with loads of kids heading to the Bergen County catholic schools.

In Mountain Lakes, it is very very rare to see kids go to private school. Not sure how Flynn has done it but a Mountain Lakes resident going to Delbarton (really the only private school that makes sense geographically/athletically/demographically).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not say Summit, Manasquan, RFH, and Westfield do a great job of keeping kids public compared to Mountain Lakes. If you look at the rosters of schools like Delbarton, SHP, Pingry, Lawrenceville, and even NE prep schools, they are littered with kids from Summit every year. Same applies to Westfield for SHP, St. Peters, and Pingry. Less so with Delbarton and the prep schools. With regard to Squan and RFH, take a look at the rosters at CBA, Red Bank Catholic, Lawrenceville, Hun, etc. Ridgewood, Northern Highlands, and Ramapo are all in the same boat with loads of kids heading to the Bergen County catholic schools.

In Mountain Lakes, it is very very rare to see kids go to private school. Not sure how Flynn has done it but a Mountain Lakes resident going to Delbarton (really the only private school that makes sense geographically/athletically/demographically).

Fair point, and I agree that ML probably does the best job at keeping kids local, especially with the many private options nearby. As for schools like Westfield, Ridgewood and Summit, I guess that the talent pool is deep enough to absorb losing kids. Manasquan/RFH are a much different dynamic because the only alternative lacrosse option (other than heading off to prep school) is CBA, but CBA loses out on a lot of players because of the absence of football which keeps a lot of RFH/Manasquan/Wall kids public (no kid goes to RBC for lacrosse).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point, and I agree that ML probably does the best job at keeping kids local, especially with the many private options nearby. As for schools like Westfield, Ridgewood and Summit, I guess that the talent pool is deep enough to absorb losing kids. Manasquan/RFH are a much different dynamic because the only alternative lacrosse option (other than heading off to prep school) is CBA, but CBA loses out on a lot of players because of the absence of football which keeps a lot of RFH/Manasquan/Wall kids public (no kid goes to RBC for lacrosse).

Not a knock on Flynn but MLHS is basically a private school because of the town’s demographics and that is more the reason they don’t lose as many kids as bigger town like Summit, RW and Westfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, he finished HS on LE and I regret it. He wanted to play with his HS team in the fall and was punished for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your kid was a bottom 10%er and got cut.[/quote]

Also sounds like you may have been part of the problem. What does that mean, they screwed us his junior year anyway?[/quote]

So it most likely means your son was a bottom of the roster guy that they felt could be replaced by someone or just better off without having to give your son playing time.[/quote]

Actually, you’re all wrong. He wasn’t cut and was a strong player. Not top 5, but next 5. It was because he chose to play with his HS team in the fall, he was ignored thereafter. No recruiting support.[/quote]

What class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’ll see. Not a good coach at all. Completely disorganized and has no long term plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]NAL was extremely embarrassing for NJ lax outside of Leading Edge.

You obviously don’t have experience with LE. They don’t cut anyone from their teams once they get to HS. They just drag them along with false hope. Just ask the parents on the 2023 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, he finished HS on LE and I regret it. He wanted to play with his HS team in the fall and was punished for it.

I know. If anyone thinks the Roy’s care about their kids they are wrong. Only about themselves. Embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, you’re all wrong. He wasn’t cut and was a strong player. Not top 5, but next 5. It was because he chose to play with his HS team in the fall, he was ignored thereafter. No recruiting support.[/quote]

What class?[/quote]

Why would the dude answer this question. It would obviously identify the individual to the LE directors who are on this forum. I think they are a little more receptive to missing SOME fall ball nowadays .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]NAL was extremely embarrassing for NJ lax outside of Leading Edge.

You obviously don’t have experience with LE. They don’t cut anyone from their teams once they get to HS. They just drag them along with false hope. Just ask the parents on the 2023 team.

Been with LE for a couple years now and have had nothing but a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been with LE for a couple years now and have had nothing but a great experience.

Just wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean top 25%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, I think some are now considering leaving Chatham to go private because of the move. But time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, I think some are now considering leaving Chatham to go private because of the move. But time will tell.

I tell ya what. If they didn’t leave when the past coach was there, they probably won’t now. Last coach was an absolute disaster .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I tell ya what. If they didn’t leave when the past coach was there, they probably won’t now. Last coach was an absolute disaster .

what last coach? the one that won multiple state championships and had multiple TOC appearances, while the new coach lead middle to low level schools to average seasons? or am i missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like BBL has really become the premier club in NJ. Really strong teams at the 2024 & 2025 level. Tri-State seems to be second, with Leading Edge coming up as well.

Is there a new leadership at BBL? Seems like they are focused on elite play and the other clubs are taking their scraps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl 23 bad, bbl 24 good, bbl 25 good, bbl 26 bad and bbl 27 good.
Year to year with BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like BBL has really become the premier club in NJ. Really strong teams at the 2024 & 2025 level. Tri-State seems to be second, with Leading Edge coming up as well.

Is there a new leadership at BBL? Seems like they are focused on elite play and the other clubs are taking their scraps.

I guess that things can "seem" that way, but not reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta give credit when it's deserved. BBL 2024 & 2025 both strong teams. Someone's jelly of BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta give credit when it's deserved. BBL 2024 & 2025 both strong teams. Someone's jelly of BBL

The problem is that you made a blanket statement about BBL vs. other NJ programs....yes, BBL 2024 & 2025 are very good, but they also have teams that are not as competitive as other NJ club teams like at 2023 and 2026....that is not jealousy, just the truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge passing BBL at 2024 as they tend to do with HS teams. Theyre playing more and against top teams as well. Tristate and Riot are interchangeable at 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge passing BBL at 2024 as they tend to do with HS teams. Theyre playing more and against top teams as well. Tristate and Riot are interchangeable at 3.

Sorry but watching both 2024 teams play summer and fall, there is no way LE is passing BBL. I expected them to, but LE is not improving while BBL remains strong. Overall LE is trending down now that the founder left and team 91 took over.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard