BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of teams play equally in the fall, in order to validate talent level of each kid.

MY daughters team was down at half to two different top-5 teams a few weeks ago, ended up losing by 5-7 goals as we rotated all in the game equally.

spring/summer is the time to really pull out the stops.

Equal play in fall is driven more by clubs afraid that families of kids who don't play in the fall won't make their second installment of fees for the spring and summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know how top guns is gonna do this season. They went 0-3 at the tourney today. They were playing pretty good teams though so it could be that

They didn't play a team within the top-14 based on this summer's rankings.

Prime Time is solid team, Monster is okay. I would put Top Guns around 25-35, they were 36th last season.

Of course, Fall Ball means equal playing time, kids missing for soccer, etc, so take scores with a grain of salt.

Prime Time gets YJ and Eagle stix this weekend. We will understand how good they are after this weekend.

They aren’t in that zip code. They would have their hands full with YJ B.

Shame no Maryland teams are playing. I think they have a tournament too. Hero's and M&D would have been a nice tournament with Eagle and YJ. Would have been fun to watch up here.......Good luck to everyone this weekend (especially our local teams)

YJ will get Heros and Aces at Live Love Lax. and Prime Time will get YJ B.

Prime Time parent here. Lost by 1 to YJ yesterday. Will fully admit YJ had 10 of the 12 best players on the field. Their skill sticks and athleticism were at a different level. That said, they had no real ideas on offense other than a few isolation plays. Don't know much about the program but it seems like at least one of the following was true. 1) the team never practices 2) there is no real coaching going on or 3) the players just reject the coaching and do as they please.

This surprised me because I also have a daughter at a higher age level and would never say this about older YJ teams.

Have to believe that if nothing improves they would be rolled by top Maryland teams against whom they don't have a big talent advantage.

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok as the YJ parent who posts here often I’ll tell you we practice quite often. Friday nights, weekends. Throw in a scrimmage against the 26 team. So our issue isn’t lack of practice. Personally I think the team is evolving. The daddy and mommy coaches trying to keep their daughters front and center. That creates issues as some of the talent needs to get moved to accommodate. Meanwhile with grazzy everything ran through our star and now staddy trying to change that but unfortunately his knowledge of the game comes from YouTube. The talent level is so good we can still win most games despite this but agree as they get older will be a problem. CR is aware of all this but at this point just in wait and see mode for this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Prime Time parent here. Lost by 1 to YJ yesterday. Will fully admit YJ had 10 of the 12 best players on the field. Their skill sticks and athleticism were at a different level. That said, they had no real ideas on offense other than a few isolation plays. Don't know much about the program but it seems like at least one of the following was true. 1) the team never practices 2) there is no real coaching going on or 3) the players just reject the coaching and do as they please.

This surprised me because I also have a daughter at a higher age level and would never say this about older YJ teams.

Have to believe that if nothing improves they would be rolled by top Maryland teams against whom they don't have a big talent advantage.

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.[/quote]

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.[/quote]

We had some upgrades on the back end of the roster, but the core of the team is the same. We implemented our motion offense and defensive principles last year and the girls didn't really get it or ran away from it when it got tough. As a result, we had a few very good performances and but were mostly mediocre. Our biggest improvements has been on settled play defense and getting transition opportunities on the clear.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are definitely seeing the playing field change. Prime Time has stepped up. Top Guns will be a wait and see as the team hasn’t had a chance to help yet. Dare I say Liberty has fallen? Not a great showing this weekend. The spring will be a deciding factor for many teams. Those that don’t play will jump ship. Teams that aren’t used to losing will also lose top
talent. Where they wind up will be the question. Teams are starting to demand that kids show up to everything and are frowning on kids playing other sports that create conflicts. That will change the dynamic as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.[/quote]

Core group of girls is the same, a few nice additions but the top scorers are the same.. Last summer we had a couple good games and lots of mediocre ones where we played well for 15 minutes and let it get away.

Biggest change is more time with the motion offense and more comfort with defensive principles, especially trapping in the ride. We put in a complicated offense which never consistently performed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok as the YJ parent who posts here often I’ll tell you we practice quite often. Friday nights, weekends. Throw in a scrimmage against the 26 team. So our issue isn’t lack of practice. Personally I think the team is evolving. The daddy and mommy coaches trying to keep their daughters front and center. That creates issues as some of the talent needs to get moved to accommodate. Meanwhile with grazzy everything ran through our star and now staddy trying to change that but unfortunately his knowledge of the game comes from YouTube. The talent level is so good we can still win most games despite this but agree as they get older will be a problem. CR is aware of all this but at this point just in wait and see mode for this year.

YJ has mature, athletic players. That won't mean a thing in two years when all the girls have gone through puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for YJ parents -- did some girls choose to play on the B team instead of the A team to get more playing time? Saw both teams play at LFTC and I could pick our 3 or 4 players on Gaghan who were head and shoulders better than some of the bench players on the Grassy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait for this weekend. All the competitive teams from Long Island in Delaware. It’s going to be great!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many games this weekend. So much playing time. Let’s go Empire!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for YJ parents -- did some girls choose to play on the B team instead of the A team to get more playing time? Saw both teams play at LFTC and I could pick our 3 or 4 players on Gaghan who were head and shoulders better than some of the bench players on the Grassy.
Says the yj B team parent who’s girl didn’t make the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ B team will be surprising teams come the spring - they finally have a goalie to back up that tough d and by end of summer will definitely be considered in the “A” conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Hit a nerve bench warmer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Hit a nerve girl who didn’t make either team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cannot comment on the 27 team specifically but if you looked at past YJ college commitments, there were definitely several girls each year who committed to top programs while not the whole A team commit. So, I would say yes generally. If you are on the bench in the A team, college coaches can't evaluate you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Hit a nerve girl who didn’t make either team

Making the team and playing are 2 very different things. If your kid doesn’t play they aren’t getting better. I would take being the top player on a B team over not playing in the A any day.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I wish more parents thought like this........the girls would be so much better off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if it wasn't by choice - this happens pretty much every year. I think most YJ B teams have some players who are more talented than some of the back ups on A. Playing time, preferred position, friends on the team, better rapport with B team coach are all factors. Politics, certain school districts may also be a factor too, but I don't think a major factor. The point of the A teams is to win - so the very best players are always on A no matter what. The back ups on A and the starters on B - there is a gray area, especially as they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve made a huge mistake …

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do tell.

Long ride home from Delaware with an upset daughter? That was my day as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do tell.

Long ride home from Delaware with an upset daughter? That was my day as well.

What team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This stazidei coaching is really top notch. Offense is humming. Now with my sarcasm out of the way...seriously when will CR make a change. Our team scored a whopping 13 goals in 3 games. Assisted goals? Not so much. Such bad lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible fall for YJ 27A. All wins and 3 ties. Everyone played

That’s a hot mess. I mean right…….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On lack of scoring

As an observer. You can’t really blame the coaches. When the players constantly hit the goalie, shoot into the goalies stick, hit the post or miss the net.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they should change up the shooters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the talent on that team?? Tying town teams? Nah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played the Gaghan team this weekend in Delaware. Having lost to the A team by one in the past we thought we would easily handle the B team. Have to say, the girls had their hands full the whole game and wound up in a tie. Is this the same team from last year or did they get a bunch of new players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This stazidei coaching is really top notch. Offense is humming. Now with my sarcasm out of the way...seriously when will CR make a change. Our team scored a whopping 13 goals in 3 games. Assisted goals? Not so much. Such bad lacrosse.

For me, its not about the lack of goals, its that the goals they do get all come from turnovers and transition opps or free positions. Very goals for open, settled play and almost all of those were from 1 on 1 play.

Even in games we won by 9+ goals, we still barely had any assists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played the Gaghan team this weekend in Delaware. Having lost to the A team by one in the past we thought we would easily handle the B team. Have to say, the girls had their hands full the whole game and wound up in a tie. Is this the same team from last year or did they get a bunch of new players?

Similar team. A few girls dropped down from A team, but those aren't the best players. Also dropped about 6 or7 girls from bottom of roster, who were either in over their heads or focused on other sports. Gaghan doing a very good job executing the offense, arguably better than YJ A. Upgraded goalie position too. Still too many turnovers and transition D needs lots of work. For the summer, I think some backup middies will become defenders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Change coaches or reduce number of Northport girls on the A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the talent on that team?? Tying town teams? Nah.

Just to say that town team ranked higher than many reputable LI club teams. So, please don't trash two teams at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Change coaches or reduce number of Northport girls on the A team?

The team has talent, I agree. What the team lacks is Lax IQ. "Fear the Bee" does not mean run around in circles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want Lax IQ, you need to be on the premiere club. Give you one Hint. Ends with and E.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For me, its not about the lack of goals, its that the goals they do get all come from turnovers and transition opps or free positions. Very goals for open, settled play and almost all of those were from 1 on 1 play.

You nailed it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fear the B ….team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was perfectly illustrated in the Eagle Stix game. YJ arguably were more talented at every field position (ES goalie was probably better) and the game ended in a tie. The difference -- Eagle Stix runs a precision offense where everyone know their roles and they share the ball.

YJ pass around waiting for a defensive mistake or get tired and try to get a 1:1. The best offense was turning it over and then getting a turnover on the ride. (not a joke). At some point, once YJ is playing teams who are equally physical or know how to play the ball backwards and clear the ball, we will be in trouble.

The only real improvement I have seen is that our clears are much better this year and we are working the ball up the field as a team with much less one on one play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fear the upset parent

Page 10 of 32 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard