BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Girls 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Girls 2031 (3rd Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is 2031 and is deciding between Top Gun Black and Jesters Pink. Anyone have experience with either of these programs last year? Looking for feedback on coaches and team culture

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my daughter's first time in a club/travel teamed wondering the same thing. we are betweenTeam Elevate 2030/2031and Jesters 2031 pink team. She is young and new to lacrosse so I'm focused on the coaching and teaching at this moment. I also see FLG has tryout this month and Yellowjackets are in 8/24.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is 2031 and is deciding between Top Gun Black and Jesters Pink. Anyone have experience with either of these programs last year? Looking for feedback on coaches and team culture

Always pick the A team over the B team. Isn't Jesters Pink the B team? A team will always get more attention and better coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always pick the A team over the B team. Isn't Jesters Pink the B team? A team will always get more attention and better coaching.

Disagree with this for the younger ages. Think both programs are great with great coaching. So I would recommend to select the program where your kid would get the most playing time.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the feedback on both accounts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jesters mostly Massapequa kids? Feel like Top guns you have more a variety from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try to find a club that has great coaching and a place where she will play. A kid only grows through playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jesters mostly Massapequa kids? Feel like Top guns you have more a variety from LI

I don’t think that is the case anymore with Jesters. I know kids from all over on another team. They seem to be adding a lot of bells and whistles to their program. Training seems good and they offer a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters is a great well run program. The coaches are great

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Jesters hands down, they have the BEST training and offer so much more then everyone else. My daughters both play for Jesters and they love it so much. Their winter training program is awesome and is all included in their tuition and the coaches are great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has girls from all over. Nice culture and great team. Was offered spots on other teams but came back to jesters even though others were closer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters has girls from all over. Nice culture and great team. Was offered spots on other teams but came back to jesters even though others were closer.

Agreed. As the girls get older hesters is a better choice in the long run. Elevate has been falling apart for years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both daughters play for Jesters, we are from Huntington. Excellent program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2030 has three teams: Babst, Bascelli, Mullen. Can someone explain what the difference between the three teams is? Is there an A, B, C team? Is one Nassau and one Suffolk, or are they all mixed? I believe the Babst team is made up of mostly girls who were on the team last years whereas Bascelli and Mullen are mostly new YJ members? If anyone could shed any light on the 2030 teams, it’s be greatly appreciated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight into what would be a decent lower level, lower commitment team based out of Suffolk? Looking for a team for my daughter for next year, she is involved in other sports, so can’t commit to a team that is going to be practicing many times per week. I’ve heard Blue Devils and E3. Thoughts on those or any others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 by far is the best girls program for 31s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New family here in nassau. What’s the view on playing on 2 clubs. Our head coach’s kid plays for our team and is also on the roster for a suffolk based team. We had minimal games this fall and think one of the reasons is that it may have conflicted with the other bee (b) team (pun intended) Kinda disingenuous if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 by far is the best girls program for 31s
lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New family here in nassau. What’s the view on playing on 2 clubs. Our head coach’s kid plays for our team and is also on the roster for a suffolk based team. We had minimal games this fall and think one of the reasons is that it may have conflicted with the other bee (b) team (pun intended) Kinda disingenuous if you ask me.

Parents shouldn’t Coach their kids! Sounds like decisions being made for the kids benefit and not the teams. Your kid will not benefit. Check out teams without parent coaching. Maybe the Jesters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents shouldn’t Coach their kids! Sounds like decisions being made for the kids benefit and not the teams. Your kid will not benefit. Check out teams without parent coaching. Maybe the Jesters?

I hear you man. Who coaches the jester teams for 3-7th grades?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't make it so black and white. I've seen horrible parent coaches just like I've seen horrible paid coaches. I've seen excellent parent coaches that are fair and effective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't make it so black and white. I've seen horrible parent coaches just like I've seen horrible paid coaches. I've seen excellent parent coaches that are fair and effective.

True, it’s not fair to say parents don’t make good coaches. Plenty of very good qualified parents coaching teams. However, maybe at club level it shouldn’t be parents with kids on the team? Keep that at PAL.

Once someone pays big $s for club, they should be able to get a paid coaching staff. Always going to be some question if a parents coaching …about conflict of interest and decision making regarding play. So? Maybe leave parent coaching at PAL?

Link Copied to Clipboard