BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 2023 - any parents on the 2023 team have any insight to why the best close-defender on the team who has been with 91 since he started playing lacrosse is now on FCA?

The #1 defender did indeed leave for FCA. Also lost their #1 middie and #1 goalie. With the d-pole, apparently the family had finally had enough of the 2023 team neglect and antics. Little MM plays on the 2023 team when he feels like it which brings dad back to the sideline so he can instruct #1 son while disrupting what little chemistry the 23's have due to a revolving door of players, coaches and particularly the cameo appearances of the gifted one. I heard from a friend's son that he only played 2 of their 3 games the other week, going home before the last game because he didn't feel like playing the 3rd game. Heaven help any other players on that team if they tried to do the same (or while playing taking poor shots every possession resulting in the D being exhausted due to short possessions) The question shouldn't be why did a player leave, rather why have any stayed?

Kid quit on his team and didn't play the last game? Went home? Sounds like the parents have a mental case. If you gonna move, at least play out your commitment. Sounds like privilege to me. Waaaaaaa. As a parent and former coach, no one wants a kid who quits on any team. Good riddance.

this right here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2023 - any parents on the 2023 team have any insight to why the best close-defender on the team who has been with 91 since he started playing lacrosse is now on FCA?

The #1 defender did indeed leave for FCA. Also lost their #1 middie and #1 goalie. With the d-pole, apparently the family had finally had enough of the 2023 team neglect and antics. Little MM plays on the 2023 team when he feels like it which brings dad back to the sideline so he can instruct #1 son while disrupting what little chemistry the 23's have due to a revolving door of players, coaches and particularly the cameo appearances of the gifted one. I heard from a friend's son that he only played 2 of their 3 games the other week, going home before the last game because he didn't feel like playing the 3rd game. Heaven help any other players on that team if they tried to do the same (or while playing taking poor shots every possession resulting in the D being exhausted due to short possessions) The question shouldn't be why did a player leave, rather why have any stayed?

Kid quit on his team and didn't play the last game? Went home? Sounds like the parents have a mental case. If you gonna move, at least play out your commitment. Sounds like privilege to me. Waaaaaaa. As a parent and former coach, no one wants a kid who quits on any team. Good riddance.

As a parent and former coach, I could care less about his commitment to the "team" (the club).

In fact I think it's far worse. Bailing on your boys partway through the day because you're not feeling it is weak, it shows that you are the kind of friend who can't be depended upon in a crunch. Young men don't learn this behavior from themselves nor from each other, this attitude comes from parents with no heart and no ethics. It's why all of our offices are full of 22 year olds who quit 4 months after they get the job. "Oh it was getting hard." See ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He left because he was puking from being over served at a party the night before

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He left because he was puking from being over served at a party the night before

SOFT !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent and former coach, I could care less about his commitment to the "team" (the club).

In fact I think it's far worse. Bailing on your boys partway through the day because you're not feeling it is weak, it shows that you are the kind of friend who can't be depended upon in a crunch. Young men don't learn this behavior from themselves nor from each other, this attitude comes from parents with no heart and no ethics. It's why all of our offices are full of 22 year olds who quit 4 months after they get the job. "Oh it was getting hard." See ya.

Boys will be Boys and especially if they are number one recruit. Cant teach talent

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SOFT !!

Take it from me, a D1 dad. You’re not gonna make a D1 team if you can’t go hard Friday night and still drop 3G and 3A Saturday afternoon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid who left before the last game isn't the pole that went to FCA - that kid left before the start of this season. The one who left is the #1ranked 2023 player who picks and chooses who he plays for and when. The rest of the team is held to a different standard of behavior. He comes and goes as he pleases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many years was he held back? A future Scanlon in the making?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boys will be Boys and especially if they are number one recruit. Cant teach talent

Boys also often turn out to be like their dads. Hopefully he's tall enough not to suffer the fate of his dad's personality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many years was he held back? A future Scanlon in the making?

Like most MIAA players, ONE.. The majority of MIAA players are one time holdbacks, not two if heldback...yes a prefirst is a holdback the same as a 8th or 6th grader repeating.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The #1 defender did indeed leave for FCA. Also lost their #1 middie and #1 goalie. With the d-pole, apparently the family had finally had enough of the 2023 team neglect and antics. Little MM plays on the 2023 team when he feels like it which brings dad back to the sideline so he can instruct #1 son while disrupting what little chemistry the 23's have due to a revolving door of players, coaches and particularly the cameo appearances of the gifted one. I heard from a friend's son that he only played 2 of their 3 games the other week, going home before the last game because he didn't feel like playing the 3rd game. Heaven help any other players on that team if they tried to do the same (or while playing taking poor shots every possession resulting in the D being exhausted due to short possessions) The question shouldn't be why did a player leave, rather why have any stayed

Boys also often turn out to be like their dads. Hopefully he's tall enough not to suffer the fate of his dad's personality.

Not a good start if what above is true . Bailing on teammates is a sure sign of not very good traits .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't you be looking for somewhere else if your kid plays for Team 91?
The talk of player development is BS. And the Team 91 Youth/MS teams are terrible:

'25- #1 team in the NATION!!!!
'26 1-5
'27 1-5
'28 1-6
'29 2-5

Team 91, overall record: 5-21
.192 win percentage.

That's a lot of mediocrity. And that's being nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talk of player development is BS. And the Team 91 Youth/MS teams are terrible:

'26 1-5
'27 1-5
'28 1-6
'29 2-5

.192 win percentage.

MM is proud of what his two chosen ones have accomplished not the team , LOL.., The rest ,, well the results speak for themselves. People talk about ML and the owner, at least he has results that are above Average at several age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

'26 1-5
'27 1-5
'28 1-6
'29 2-5

.192 win percentage.

How is 2024 and 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both excellent teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both excellent teams

'26 1-5
'27 1-5
'28 1-6
'29 2-5

.192 win percentage.

How is 2024 and 2023?

They have to be better than the middle school and youth teams.

Generally speaking, the youth side is an afterthought that might occasionally win a game against lower tier, but they are really just a way to help pay the bills for the HS teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both excellent teams

yup!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM 2923 kid was a no-show for his team today at NLF because he didn't feel like playing today. So he's a '23 who made 2 of 6 tourney games this fall. I wonder what would happen to anyone else on the team doing the same? Yet whenever he shows up next, he'll be on the field 100% of the game. Great team player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM 2923 kid was a no-show for his team today at NLF because he didn't feel like playing today. So he's a '23 who made 2 of 6 tourney games this fall. I wonder what would happen to anyone else on the team doing the same? Yet whenever he shows up next, he'll be on the field 100% of the game. Great team player.

He's Duke's problem now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop your moaning. Why does he need to show up? Not like it means anything. The talent is there for all to see when there is a need. No sense showing it all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop your moaning. Why does he need to show up? Not like it means anything. The talent is there for all to see when there is a need. No sense showing it all the time.
^What? If you are a team player you show up! Period! No reason NOT to show up & play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^What? If you are a team player you show up! Period! No reason NOT to show up & play!

There is a reason he is number 1 recruit in country. He earned it. Talent is off the charts, Rest of team will be somewhere else soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's Duke's problem now.

Are people so jealous of him. Most lacrosse people I talk to say he is overrated. Not one person I have talked with said he at the top. Is it due to him ? or does the dad have residuals coming into play. I watched the recent gopro on him. D ate him up, didnt even cause a slide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason he is number 1 recruit in country. He earned it. Talent is off the charts, Rest of team will be somewhere else soon.

Talent is above average but still within limits of the "chart". MM marketed him, that's the only reason he landed as the top '23 recruit. Interesting that he chose to go to a school who has a '22 commit from Chaminade who plays the position very similarly, only is a better finisher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's Duke's problem now.
More than likely Dad will be Duke's problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rest of team plays better without him and likes being able to do something other than "get the ball to MM" and watch him dodge and shoot. It's actually a win to not have him there in terms of team play. Playing "down" with this team he tries to do too much and turns the ball over or takes poor, low percentage shots that are easily saved. He might be shooting 15%. He has crazy quickness and ability, but plays selfishly and carelessly with this team. I guess he's practicing for the PLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you are the #1 recruit & that meanS you don’t finish playing out w/ your team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's Duke's problem now.
More than likely Dad will be Duke's problem

Correct. But he will be getting nowhere fast as the heir apparent Dino Jr, is aloof and so full of himself, MM will get no traction .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classic MM attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow Mark. God help your son when he grows up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When will people realize that that kind of arrogance is just flat out ugly and unappealing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When will people realize that that kind of arrogance is just flat out ugly and unappealing.

The answer to that, based on my climb up the corp ladder, is "When they slip from #1 to #2 in the pecking order." All of a sudden, the adoring crowd has gone home, and the support network of "whatever you need" evaporates or at best, sends you their hourly billing rate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A big part of being #1 was repeating 8th grade. Dad knew he couldn't be the #1 '22 as JS had that locked up already and MM may not even have been top 10, which just wasn't good enough for dad. Now he claims he chose Duke b/c his education is of utmost importance, although in MS and HS lax was definitely all that mattered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to that, based on my climb up the corp ladder, is "When they slip from #1 to #2 in the pecking order." All of a sudden, the adoring crowd has gone home, and the support network of "whatever you need" evaporates or at best, sends you their hourly billing rate.

So true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one repeats 8th grade because education is important. Either they flunked because nobody at home placed any value on education or sports is their #1 priority and education is secondary. Of course they'll claim the fact that they pay an extra $40K proves they "value" education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of kids at private schools repeat 8th grade. Usually the school advises the parents to do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD required McCabe to stay back due to his age. He entered public school system a year early so now he’s actually on age. He was the youngest in his class at McD before reclassifying. BTW he is one of the top 5 students academically at McD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD required McCabe to stay back due to his age. He entered public school system a year early so now he’s actually on age. He was the youngest in his class at McD before reclassifying. BTW he is one of the top 5 students academically at McD.

Great kid but 10000% not true. He will be an 18 in a few months. My son grew up with him. No big deal but your facts are absolutely not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So far from the truth. He was actually on age before holding back and frankly not even a summer on age student, much earlier. So the reality is , he is older than most he plays against including most summer holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Give it to the 9th Grader!"

-MM

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard