BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why? Style of play completely a SB style. Also being at games in At US lax HQ vs Canada and BC he was doing all the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Surprised on a couple different names here. Those invited and one not on team anymore. Obviously JS driving the bus from a coaching perspective.

Good luck to all this weekend.
Who are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised on a couple different names here. Those invited and one not on team anymore. Obviously JS driving the bus from a coaching perspective.

Good luck to all this weekend.
Who are you talking about?

I would think (based on the discussion) the 34 players representing Team USA...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I often scratch my head why some of these individuals continue to play beyond their mid 20s. It's similar to minor league baseball players that don't stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I often scratch my head why some of these individuals continue to play beyond their mid 20s. It's similar to minor league baseball players that don't stop.

Maybe, just maybe they love to play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's an ignorant comment. Obviously they love the sport and want/can continue to play. If they weren't good enough, they wouldn't be playing, so why does age matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if the US team game will be streamed online somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see if SB and UNC programs hold to high standards with coaches consumed in USA. All relative of course that would be conference championships and elite eight to final four appearances. If history holds true we should see a drop as we saw with GTown and RF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see if SB and UNC programs hold to high standards with coaches consumed in USA. All relative of course that would be conference championships and elite eight to final four appearances. If history holds true we should see a drop as we saw with GTown and RF.

Stony Brook has never made the Final Four, not sure exactly how many times they have made elite eight and would not put winning The AE in the same category as winning The ACC.

Not sure what has gone wrong at Georgetown but I don’t think it has anything to do with the coach having been involved with US Team. Surprised he is still there.

North Carolina will not be affected at all, the school simply has too much to offer and is a very desirable destination for a very large percentage of high end players.

If SBU drops off at all the only reason would be if JS can not find talent interested in going to SBU which has never been the case.

I believe both programs will remain two of the top 10 overall programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure SBU will maintain status quo as will UNC but I would not consider the two programs to have similar track records or the same "high standards" when it comes to the NCAA Tournament.

Stony Brook NCAA Tournament history: Elite Eight 3x, No Final Four appearances.

2013: They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

2014: They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2015: They Lost to Princeton in round of 16.

2016: They Lost to Syracuse in round of 16.

2017: They Lost to Maryland in round of 8.

2018: They Lost to Boston College in round of 8.

2019: They Lost to Maryland in the round of 16.

2020: Season cut short.

2021: They Lost to North Carolina in the round of 8.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well based on Inside Lacrosse it looks like UNC should run away with it for again this year, Oh wait they haven’t won it in last 6 years. They have 4 in top 11 and make up 25 percent of the 25(not including 2 very good players TW or SG). Can’t have talent like that and not win the big one more often- meaning Natty, not conference.

BC who won and has everyone coming back only has 3 total, as well as CUSE. Don’t sleep on JS, he has some talent at SB.

Should be interesting if IL ratings are right. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well based on Inside Lacrosse it looks like UNC should run away with it for again this year, Oh wait they haven’t won it in last 6 years. They have 4 in top 11 and make up 25 percent of the 25(not including 2 very good players TW or SG). Can’t have talent like that and not win the big one more often- meaning Natty, not conference.

BC who won and has everyone coming back only has 3 total, as well as CUSE. Don’t sleep on JS, he has some talent at SB.

Should be interesting if IL ratings are right. LOL.

Typical hater post... pretty sure BC had at least 4 First Team All-Americans (more than any other team) and a Tewaaraton Award Winner in 2019 and did not win. Syracuse has never won a National Championship (have they ever won anything?) and Stony Brook rarely even makes it to the Final Eight (Quarterfinals) and has never made it to a Final Four (at least they win the America East) yet you mock UNC who has 2 NCAA National Championships, 4 NCAA Finals appearances , 12 NCAA Final Four Appearances, 6 ACC Championships and a Coach who sits at number three in all time wins... All of that was accomplished without a single Tewaaraton Award winner.

Classic, just classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if any other colleges/universities will be adding women's lacrosse programs in the next couple of years? Is that posted publicly somewhere or is that all hush hush until it becomes official? just curious..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if any other colleges/universities will be adding women's lacrosse programs in the next couple of years? Is that posted publicly somewhere or is that all hush hush until it becomes official? just curious..
USF announced they are adding
I don’t think it’s hush hush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good site to stay abreast:

http://thegrowthblog.blogspot.com/p/new-varsity-college-programs.html?m=1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

University of Rhode Island to Add Women's Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Stanford has been bringing in some pretty good players. I seem to remember someone posting that they do not get strong recruits.
I guess some people disagree.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/stanford-s-no-1-incoming-class-you-ve-gotta-believe/58682

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Stanford has been bringing in some pretty good players. I seem to remember someone posting that they do not get strong recruits.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/stanford-s-no-1-incoming-class-you-ve-gotta-believe/58682

Because, I think people are starting to “smarten up”! Use Lacrosse to get in the best academic school possible! Education first. Stanford is the best of both worlds with a top notch education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because, I think people are starting to “smarten up”! Use Lacrosse to get in the best academic school possible! Education first. Stanford is the best of both worlds with a top notch education.

I think most have been using Lacrosse to get into schools for years. Most likely the Stanford haters have their own psychotic agenda I.e. trying to diminish the players who commit there…

The opportunities for young women who excel on the field as well as in the classroom are incredible.

Try getting into Stanford, Princeton, Penn, Duke, Northwestern etc… without Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter has seen or played with some of the girls mentioned in the article. Stanford being #1 class this year is a no brainer when considering the 2020 redshirts. My daughter says Humphrey was the best 2020 attacker in spite of IL Women ranking her behind two other attack players. For some players, a top academic school is very important and that's nothing new. Some players aren't interested in being on the West coast but for some it's appealing. Some players also really like the idea of helping a program reach new heights.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter has seen or played with some of the girls mentioned in the article. Stanford being #1 class this year is a no brainer when considering the 2020 redshirts. My daughter says Humphrey was the best 2020 attacker in spite of IL Women ranking her behind two other attack players. For some players, a top academic school is very important and that's nothing new. Some players aren't interested in being on the West coast but for some it's appealing. Some players also really like the idea of helping a program reach new heights.

The coach was doing a fantastic job at Dartmouth and I’m sure she will do a great job at Stanford. I would not be surprised to see them finish in the Top 10 on a regular basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach was doing a fantastic job at Dartmouth and I’m sure she will do a great job at Stanford. I would not be surprised to see them finish in the Top 10 on a regular basis.
Screw Lacrosse. Congrats for the girls going to Stanford, what a degree they will have!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Screw Lacrosse. Congrats for the girls going to Stanford, what a degree they will have!!

What degree is that. Soooo.... you know the Majors/Degrees these players are getting. Get off the Stanford cheer squad. We will see how they do when the season starts. At this point they have done nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What degree is that. Soooo.... you know the Majors/Degrees these players are getting. Get off the Stanford cheer squad. We will see how they do when the season starts. At this point they have done nothing.

It’s not too difficult to see what degrees the girls are getting. Just go on their profiles and you can see. Stanford is the most selective school in the country, and getting in there is a life changing opportunity. Getting to play competitive lacrosse for an energetic, accomplished, and enthusiastic coach is the icing on the cake!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When will the jealousy end?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also Stanford doesn’t have to play the top ACC or Big 10 teams making their schedule far easier to be ranked in the 10 ten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

19 players are undeclared. Please inform us of the life changing degrees they will receive. We will see them stat pad in a weak conference and then transfer back to east coast. The Stanford stuff is being driven by the same suffolk south shore contingent. I would take a service academy grad before a stanford grad any day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, what a miserable post. Why do you write such negative nonsense? IMHO, the kids who have the academic credentials and athletic ability to be offered and accept a spot at program/university like Stanford should be cheered, they have obviously worked extremely hard in the classroom as well as on the field and will be well positioned and prepared to excel in whatever path they choose after they graduate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

19 players are undeclared. Please inform us of the life changing degrees they will receive. We will see them stat pad in a weak conference and then transfer back to east coast. The Stanford stuff is being driven by the same suffolk south shore contingent. I would take a service academy grad before a stanford grad any day.

I would think that Stanford students do not declare their major until Junior year... regardless, your jealousy and bitterness come through loud and clear. Hopefully you have not passed your sour attitude on to your children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure the stanford girls are really really great, ratings however, have as much to do with exposure at UAA, IL, ect., as others have said. A highly rated incoming class, as it says, incoming. my kids is at one of the 5 or so “ use lacrosse to get in” non-Ivy schools ( Stanford, NU, Duke, VU, Hopkins, maybe one or 2 others plus MIT and U Chicago @D3). The academics at her school, primarily in STEM is utterly brutal, bordering on demoralizing. Like many of these other girls at these 5 or so schools, never had less than an A. Much of my energy nowadays is spent helping her re-assess her approach to exams, focusing on class and exam specific test strategies, such as her speed in processing test questions (for instance one math test 11 questions with 10-12 parts/question and 90 minutes). When In season, at this point I won’t make any predictions on how her on field performance will go, with the academic responsibilities and demands looming large. I definitely wouldn’t base it on her HS performance.
Pac12 schedules don’t tend to help either, OOC games in particular

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure the stanford girls are really really great, ratings however, have as much to do with exposure at UAA, IL, ect., as others have said. A highly rated incoming class, as it says, incoming. my kids is at one of the 5 or so “ use lacrosse to get in” non-Ivy schools ( Stanford, NU, Duke, VU, Hopkins, maybe one or 2 others plus MIT and U Chicago @D3). The academics at her school, primarily in STEM is utterly brutal, bordering on demoralizing. Like many of these other girls at these 5 or so schools, never had less than an A. Much of my energy nowadays is spent helping her re-assess her approach to exams, focusing on class and exam specific test strategies, such as her speed in processing test questions (for instance one math test 11 questions with 10-12 parts/question and 90 minutes). When In season, at this point I won’t make any predictions on how her on field performance will go, with the academic responsibilities and demands looming large. I definitely wouldn’t base it on her HS performance.

Your kid is at college and you are helping her with her exams? She can do it without you and will be better for it. And if she fails, she will learn a lot more than how to get things done with her parents help. I know first hand that they are brutal and lax is hard on top of it. I did it and my kid is doing it. Yours can too. Believe in her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SEASON? Who cares? I'll tell you, nobody but the girls parents! Take the degree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid is at college and you are helping her with her exams? She can do it without you and will be better for it. And if she fails, she will learn a lot more than how to get things done with her parents help. I know first hand that they are brutal and lax is hard on top of it. I did it and my kid is doing it. Yours can too. Believe in her.

As crazy as it sounds, yes there are parents out there who are still doing their kids work. Some are not even ashamed of it. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I didn’t say I’m helping her with her exams. I said I’m helping her with strategy to take the Exam. How is that helping her with her exams? That’s entirely different, I think it’s more along the lines are you eating enough, getting done sleep?
She didn’t have a high school course dedicated to test prep, either; afaik all privates have those sorts of classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green is such an ugly color.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Service Academy is 2nd to none. Those girls playing at Navy are the best of the best and deserve EVERONES praise and admiration. After that, tough to throw stones at a degree from ND, BC, Stanford and the like but if you are sending your kid to ACME college with an 800 SAT requirement because she got a few bucks from a coach you are CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the bulk of the Top 50 went to the usual suspects (traditional top 20 programs)

6 - Maryland
4 - Virginia
4 - Duke
3 - Boston College
3 - Princeton
3 - Stanford
3 - North Carolina
2 - Florida
2 - Northwestern
2 - USC
2 - Loyola
2 - Notre Dame
2 - JMU
1 - Syracuse
1 - Penn State
1 - Penn
1 - Hopkins
1 - Navy
1 - Georgetown
1 - Ohio State
1 - Michigan
1 - Va Tech
1 - Harvard
1 - Yale
1 - Cornell

Forget lacrosse, that is an impressive list of schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the bulk of the Top 50 went to the usual suspects (traditional top 20 programs)

6 - Maryland
4 - Virginia
4 - Duke
3 - Boston College
3 - Princeton
3 - Stanford
3 - North Carolina
2 - Florida
2 - Northwestern
2 - USC
2 - Loyola
2 - Notre Dame
2 - JMU
1 - Syracuse
1 - Penn State
1 - Penn
1 - Hopkins
1 - Navy
1 - Georgetown
1 - Ohio State
1 - Michigan
1 - Va Tech
1 - Harvard
1 - Yale
1 - Cornell

Forget lacrosse, that is an impressive list of schools.

All great schools. I know some don’t put much stock in these lists but the programs that get the majority of these players year after year tend to out perform the programs that bring in few or none.

Looks like about 43 of the top 50 freshman are at top 20 caliber programs (including Hopkins and Navy in that group) .

Georgetown has brought in their fair share of high caliber players over the years but they have really fallen off from where they once were from a competitive standpoint.

Michigan has been tough the past few years and should continue to be in the Top 20 mix going forward.

Ohio State and Va Tech should probably follow the Notre Dame / Duke model with their out of conference schedule so they can make sure they have enough wins to get into the tournament.

Harvard, Yale and Cornell…. My money is on Harvard to make the jump to the next level and be in the discussion for Top 20. New Coach has only 2 full seasons under her belt, I believe she will do a good job and Harvard will become more competitive as a result.

Obviously in this day and age The Transfer Portal and additional eligibility plays a role in which teams will be most competitive (just look at BC don’t think they would have won The National Championship without transfers).

Maryland picked up a couple of big time transfers…
Expect to see them back in the Final Four this year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard