BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 112 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My predictions on the standing winners for Mid Atlantic this weekend

Blue
Hero's White
(They are battle tested and have some solid players, if refs call it tight it could work against them as they most def play to echo of the whistle)

Green
Renegades
(They've been impressive, should def move to the A division of NGLL)

Pink
M&D Black
(I fully expect to see the 1 and 2 seeds from this division be M&D and Heros)

Purple
HoCo Black
(Skywalkers may have really improved, this weekend could show that, lots of roster turnover, but HoCo looks solid from what I've seen)

Yellow
M&D Orlando
(Yeah, I'm just going off of name here, no clue how good they are)

Looks like I was 4 for 5. HoCo Black laid an egg.

M&D black rolled Hero's White in the semi-final, 7-0, showing what a big gap there is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but older SW is legit. 27 SW... not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many friends with girls on the older SW teams 23’s-25’s that are great teams but they were all much better than this 27 team when they were all in 7th grade. Not sure where this 27 SW team will get girls from if they don’t develop their talent from within. I know of some really talented girls within the past two years that left the SW Blue team already. And the SW White team is awful so can’t rely on bringing these girls up.
I cannot see girls leaving the lower top tier teams to join this SW team- teams like MDU, Coppermine, or NEMS because they are all better and getting invited to all the same tournaments. I hear a lot about the top girls jumping teams by HS but not sure how. Hero’s and M&D are the two top teams with great rosters currently so honestly how many girls from those lower top tier teams really have a shot to replace the current girls? I can see those same teams improving by grabbing top individuals from teams like FCA, True, Limelight or other similar teams replacing their lesser talented girls in hopes to close the gap but I don’t see that happening either.
I see this as a two horse race between Hero’s and M&D with everyone else battling to be the third best team in the area. Thoughts? Anyone with better inside information on how this may play out? I definitely understand the future tournaments will be much tougher with much improved out of state teams too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that SW 27 aren’t that good. Looking at the results from Live Love Lax I wonder how good are MDU and TLC. Clearly Hero’s Green is one of the top Maryland teams. I would say looking at the Fall Results so far:
1- M&D Black
2- Hero’s Green
3- Pride Red
4- BLC Blue
5- NEMS
6- LBC
7- Coppermine Black
8- Hero’s White
9- MDU
10- Skywalkers Blue
Then you have Renegades, TLC, FCA and Integrity. These would round our the A Division of 14 teams. Play each team in own Division plus 2 from the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully, whoever is creating the NGLL 2027 brackets is looking at the statement above!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that SW 27 aren’t that good. Looking at the results from Live Love Lax I wonder how good are MDU and TLC. Clearly Hero’s Green is one of the top Maryland teams. I would say looking at the Fall Results so far:
1- M&D Black
2- Hero’s Green
3- Pride Red
4- BLC Blue
5- NEMS
6- LBC
7- Coppermine Black
8- Hero’s White
9- MDU
10- Skywalkers Blue
Then you have Renegades, TLC, FCA and Integrity. These would round our the A Division of 14 teams. Play each team in own Division plus 2 from the other.

The only time everyone is really in the same place is Lax For The Cure. Next spring. And that top bracket is going to be a monster.

M&D, Hero's, Aces, YJ, Eaglestix, Bethesda, Pride and probably LBC or Nems.

Anyone on any given day could win it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- M&D Black
2- Hero’s Green
3- Pride Red
4- BLC Blue
5- NEMS
6- LBC
7- Coppermine Black
8- Hero’s White
9- MDU
10- Skywalkers Blue

The only time everyone is really in the same place is Lax For The Cure. Next spring. And that top bracket is going to be a monster.

M&D, Hero's, Aces, YJ, Eaglestix, Bethesda, Pride and probably LBC or Nems.

Anyone on any given day could win it.

MDU was without 6 starters and 9 players at LLL, I wouldn’t read much into the scores, the team that crushed Aces a month ago is more likely to be seen in Spring NGLL.

Hero’s White has had successful fall but who have they really beat? What was the impressive win?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s White has zero impressive wins, they tied them beat FCA Blue by 1, so I’d put them at that level. I’d assume Renegades would beat them.

Hero’s White Def not in top-10 of MD teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- M&D Black
2- Hero’s Green
3- Pride Red
4- BLC Blue
5- NEMS
6- LBC
7- Coppermine Black
8- Hero’s White
9- MDU
10- Skywalkers Blue

Stars is telling players and parents that they will play A level too. Wouldn't be surprised is HoCo or CCLax becomes the 16th team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- M&D Black
2- Hero’s Green
3- Pride Red
4- BLC Blue
5- NEMS
6- LBC
7- Coppermine Black
8- Hero’s White
9- MDU
10- Skywalkers Blue

Stars is telling players and parents that they will play A level too. Wouldn't be surprised is HoCo or CCLax becomes the 16th team.

If Stars is playing A league, that means they will re-categorize the others to AA.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is as good as Renegades, Integrity, Skywalkers, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars is as good as Renegades, Integrity, Skywalkers, etc.

Yeah I’d agree with that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC would be the one to leave out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they would be willing to make the trip on a weekly basis, CavLax would destroy any of those teams just mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they would be willing to make the trip on a weekly basis, CavLax would destroy any of those teams just mentioned.

I don't know about destroy. But I'm sure they would fare ok. But I always wonder....if a team who plays B and C level competition can "destroy" a certain segment of the competition, then why hide in lower level competition? Sounds like a move to upper level A is on the horizon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about destroy. But I'm sure they would fare ok. But I always wonder....if a team who plays B and C level competition can "destroy" a certain segment of the competition, then why hide in lower level competition? Sounds like a move to upper level A is on the horizon.

CavLax beat TopGuns and tied Steps Blue last weekend. Both A level teams. If you arent a name club, you can't just get in top brackets by asking to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like CavLax beat Sky Walkers by 1 in the Mid Atlantic, so there is some context. I think the "A" division should really only be 8 teams. Play each team once (7 games), and the top 4 records go into the playoffs. There is a considerable drop after 8. Sky Walkers, CavLax, TLC etc. would be in the next 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CavLax beat TopGuns and tied Steps Blue last weekend. Both A level teams. If you arent a name club, you can't just get in top brackets by asking to.

Look at Top Guns schedule last year and tell me what quality win on resume makes them a A level team? I agree the club is good but I’d say Top Gun 2027 not top tier team, saw them at Midatlantic last weekend, wasn’t in the top bracket there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns are from LI. We’re talking Maryland with a couple VA. teams thrown in. These are the teams you have to compare your team to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns are from LI. We’re talking Maryland with a couple VA. teams thrown in. These are the teams you have to compare your team to.

Top Guns is in reference to Cav Lax. Above it was mentioned Top Guns top A team and therefore quality win, I’m disputing that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I get that. Just easier to compare a local team to other area teams. LI Top Guns seems a bit obscure? I can see if you're talking Aces Elite or YJ perhaps. Maybe that's your point, Top Guns is not really a quality win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I get that. Just easier to compare a local team to other area teams. LI Top Guns seems a bit obscure? I can see if you're talking Aces Elite or YJ perhaps. Maybe that's your point, Top Guns is not really a quality win.

Yes, exactly my point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't argue at this level. However, if you look at older teams Top Guns is as good if not better than YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't argue at this level. However, if you look at older teams Top Guns is as good if not better than YJ

That’s irrelevant to the point in the 2027 thread, which is a win against 2027 Top Guns is a quality win, which it is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it - good program but not a great 2027 team. Sounds a little like SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it - good program but not a great 2027 team. Sounds a little like SW.

Very similar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing a lot of great things about TLC. Sounds like a bright future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ugh
No support
Get out while you can
Everyone goes over to SW or others that aren’t too geographically-undesirable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Lol

Good for them. Nowhere to go but up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Lol

Good for them. Nowhere to go but up.
Hmmm…if you look at their recruiting from 2019, 2020 & 2021 class, their 22 & 23 class are severely slacking

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all honesty, it is a very well run club. Good coaches with a focus on development. Had multiple older daughters there that had a great experience. All that said, they just don't attract the top talent anymore.

Around 4-5 years ago when travel lax for 3rd and 4th graders started in a big way, TLC was at a disadvantage for not starting until 6th or 7th grade. They haven't recovered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC was decent 4 years ago (and prior) with their red teams. White team has always struggled. Can’t put a finger on it, but they are not developing viable teams. They do have some very good individual players at all age groups, but that is run of the mill these days.

They are now equivalent to Bitmore and Redshirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TLC was decent 4 years ago (and prior) with their red teams. White team has always struggled. Can’t put a finger on it, but they are not developing viable teams. They do have some very good individual players at all age groups, but that is run of the mill these days.

They are now equivalent to Bitmore and Redshirts.

They actually just bought Redshirts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for them I hope the redshirts coaches stay with the teams. I think those teams are well coached. Teams usually punch above their athletic talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can they go .500 in the B division of NGLL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2027,
TLC Red
CCLax
Coppermine North (Who was this before they got bought out by Coppermine?)
Cavalier

appear to be new additions to NGLL A, while FCA Blue dropping down to B division
Room for one more team to be added to A.

Maybe Stars? Maybe Next Level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC up and coming!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine North (Who was this before they got bought out by Coppermine?)
Bel Air's Elite Lacrosse Club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams playing in either indoor or outdoor winter leagues? Which teams, leagues, and how is the talent? In the winter leagues is it about reviewing players for Spring PT so everyone plays or is it about the start of earning PT so it’s set by Spring? I wish my daughter’s team was playing over the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams playing in either indoor or outdoor winter leagues? Which teams, leagues, and how is the talent? In the winter leagues is it about reviewing players for Spring PT so everyone plays or is it about the start of earning PT so it’s set by Spring? I wish my daughter’s team was playing over the winter.

Coppermine, SW, Heros and Hoco are playing in new outdoor winter league. So far, didnt have more than 15 or 16 players at first game so PT was pretty even. Generally in winter, its just an excuse to keep a stick in the hand. Not really practicing as a team

Page 17 of 112 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard