BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL posted evaluation grades for some top 2023s. The score is out of 100. Gives you a pretty good idea for how they'll be ranked for those interested in recruiting rankings. Big winners are UNC and Cuse. BC has top recruits too but they didn't participate in the event. They are the only major school that had zero players there. CH has the highest grade they've ever given a recruit since they started doing this. Interesting to say the least.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recr...&position=all&hometown_state=ALL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The IL experience was a money grab at it’s finest. The girls were already graded based on the schools that they committed to play for and continue their education. The event was very expensive for a one day clinic. The “coaching “ was not good. The Syracuse girls who were coaches were disinterested. I would not recommend this event to any girls going forward it is not worth your time or money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The IL experience was a money grab at it’s finest. The girls were already graded based on the schools that they committed to play for and continue their education. The event was very expensive for a one day clinic. The “coaching “ was not good. The Syracuse girls who were coaches were disinterested. I would not recommend this event to any girls going forward it is not worth your time or money.

Syracuse players always act disinterested when acting as coaches at clinics/recruiting events. I saw a Syracuse player act the same at Gait Top 20 the first year Hopkins players have also done the same at the Recruiting Blitz last Fall. The least they can do is fake it for a couple hours. It’s very frustrating after you pay the money for your child to attend and try to get exposure. The college player coaches need to be managed better if they are going to work these type events in place of actual college coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Samantha Duran? UCLA doesn't even have a lacrosse team. Is this about a club team?

We're in the DC area and travelling for Presidents cup is absolutely insane. Was one thing when you were in Florida, which is at least a desirable location. Even when our team has gone to playdays at colleges, it's always the same two or three teams in the final or semi final. I guess it remains about growing the game but since 23's are pretty much done recruiting so it seems like a major waste of money. We are committed to go because our club goes though. If there had not been covid and the many restrictions against coaches watching 23's throughout the leadup year, it might have made more sense last year. I hope the 24's are able to get more looks and check out more schools than the 23's. The Junior year Sept 1 recruiting date was just such a mad rush and a garbage shoot at times. We travelled quickly to schools we could, and everything turned out fine with committing but had the system been different I think my daughter could have made a more informed choice. We ended up going with a more familiar entity just because we did not have time or money to crisscross the country. ALl of these dead periods and no contact etc. really was to the detriment of the 23's with covid.

It was a detriment to 23s. It appears that the top schools have moved onto the 24s now. Not great attendance by the coaches at the Mid Atlantic for the 23s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only “grade” that matters is the grade that college coaches give. What coaches made offers and what was the offer? That will tell you where your daughter ranks. Did Top 10 caliber programs offer? What was the offer?

It’s always the same, parents complain about events, tournaments, recruit rankings, all-star teams etc…
Just look at the schools that make offers and what they offer, that will tell you where the player ranks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven’t seen many schedules regarding the outside events at the Cup?
Is there going to be a USA game?
My daughter is a commit and one of her coaches is on the USA team and am wondering if we need to show our faces?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just feel bad for the handful of uncommitted girls from some teams that are soooo committed that they voted to not attend the PresCup for lack of necessity. Does this happen every year?

Skywalkers M&D and Hero’s are not attending because their teams are finished with their committing? As a commit, you are never finished working! I know it’s a huge money expense right now,but the convention is the only place all year all of the coaches are together commiserating, comparing, and just all around sharing stories and notes.
A missed opportunity for those girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just feel bad for the handful of uncommitted girls from some teams that are soooo committed that they voted to not attend the PresCup for lack of necessity. Does this happen every year?

Skywalkers M&D and Hero’s are not attending because their teams are finished with their committing? As a commit, you are never finished working! I know it’s a huge money expense right now,but the convention is the only place all year all of the coaches are together commiserating, comparing, and just all around sharing stories and notes.
A missed opportunity for those girls.
Those teams never attended their final year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Samantha Duran? UCLA doesn't even have a lacrosse team. Is this about a club team?

We're in the DC area and travelling for Presidents cup is absolutely insane. Was one thing when you were in Florida, which is at least a desirable location. Even when our team has gone to playdays at colleges, it's always the same two or three teams in the final or semi final. I guess it remains about growing the game but since 23's are pretty much done recruiting so it seems like a major waste of money. We are committed to go because our club goes though. If there had not been covid and the many restrictions against coaches watching 23's throughout the leadup year, it might have made more sense last year. I hope the 24's are able to get more looks and check out more schools than the 23's. The Junior year Sept 1 recruiting date was just such a mad rush and a garbage shoot at times. We travelled quickly to schools we could, and everything turned out fine with committing but had the system been different I think my daughter could have made a more informed choice. We ended up going with a more familiar entity just because we did not have time or money to crisscross the country. ALl of these dead periods and no contact etc. really was to the detriment of the 23's with covid.

It was a detriment to 23s. It appears that the top schools have moved onto the 24s now. Not great attendance by the coaches at the Mid Atlantic for the 23s.
That's not what I heard - tons of coaches at St. Paul's watching the 23's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard where next year's President's Cup will be held?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a ton means a few then you heard correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard where next year's President's Cup will be held?

Hawaii, so they can continue to grow the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the comment that the 2023 class is "pretty much done recruting".....at present only approximatley 20-25% of the 2023 class that will be playing college at some level has committed. there are PLENTY of high quality athletes still out there....and PLENTY of great college opportunites out their for them. Yes, many (not all) of the more agresively recruited players have committed.....and many (not all) of the top programs have committed 6+ girls from the 2023 class.....but there are so many great players and programs with spots to fill. For those of you with daughetrs that are still looking for your spot...you are in the MAJORITY.....its a stressful and frustrating process....but keep the faith.....literally 2000+ open spots still to be filled...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the comment about college coaches at St. Paul's.......there were a great number of college coaches there....including several from top programs and conferences.....and I saw several on the sidelines even for games that did not include some of the premere 2023 programs....so they were truly looking at teams of all levels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the comment about Samantha Duran ("Walk On")......she played softball at UCLA not lacrosse...however the sentiment applies to all sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. MidAtlantic had tons of coaches. I hear Lax for the Cure did too. The colleges who are full were at at the Fairgrounds looking at 24s however.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the comment about college coaches at St. Paul's.......there were a great number of college coaches there....including several from top programs and conferences.....and I saw several on the sidelines even for games that did not include some of the premere 2023 programs....so they were truly looking at teams of all levels

100% agree. Lots of coaches there looking, including some top programs. But, this forum's crazy focus on just the top programs captures a small percentage of college lacrosse. Once you get out of the top 20, these schools are looking for many players right now and the recruiting process is slower because they examine more girls than the top programs EVER look at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, didn't take someone too long to come on here and comment a ridiculous comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to all! Great Job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Stanford is bringing in some high end talent, I seem to remember some joker on here carrying on about how Stanford couldn’t attract any of the top players. I think they might have stated similar nonsense about Duke.

Great to see Clemson landing some great players as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is attending the Launch camp in Dallas before the President Cup.

Anyone could provide a little bit more info about the kind of drills and scrimages if you attened before?

Kind of nervous since this could be the last chance for my girl to be in front of the coaches.

Thank you so much !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only “grade” that matters is the grade that college coaches give. What coaches made offers and what was the offer? That will tell you where your daughter ranks. Did Top 10 caliber programs offer? What was the offer?

It’s always the same, parents complain about events, tournaments, recruit rankings, all-star teams etc…
Just look at the schools that make offers and what they offer, that will tell you where the player ranks.

What actually matters is what they do when they get on campus. If they can’t contribute they will become a distant memory. If they can than they may get some real accolades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Stanford is bringing in some high end talent, I seem to remember some joker on here carrying on about how Stanford couldn’t attract any of the top players. I think they might have stated similar nonsense about Duke.

The 2023 Stanford class is middle of the road. The Clemson commit isn’t even the 3rd best player on her club team. You can’t take any if this ranking non-sense seriously. The only to\so kids that are properly ranked is the one attacker and the goalie. It is a garbage shoot for all the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree. Lots of coaches there looking, including some top programs. But, this forum's crazy focus on just the top programs captures a small percentage of college lacrosse. Once you get out of the top 20, these schools are looking for many players right now and the recruiting process is slower because they examine more girls than the top programs EVER look at.

I couldn’t agree more, I think the top schools don’t do a good job evaluating the talent but rather they rely too much on club mystique. The next set of schools have to work hard evaluation to find the next stars so sometimes they end up with really strong players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn’t agree more, I think the top schools don’t do a good job evaluating the talent but rather they rely too much on club mystique. The next set of schools have to work hard evaluation to find the next stars so sometimes they end up with really strong players.

— “I think the top schools don’t do a good job evaluating the talent but rather they rely too much on club mystique.” —

This could possibly be one of the densest posts of all time.

If the top schools do not do a good job of evaluating talent then why are the same 10 - 15 teams always the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What actually matters is what they do when they get on campus. If they can’t contribute they will become a distant memory. If they can than they may get some real accolades.

No, with rosters of 40 obviously not every player is going to see meaningful playing time. There are many players at Top 10 programs that will not see much time but would be starters and standouts at just about all other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023 Stanford class is middle of the road. The Clemson commit isn’t even the 3rd best player on her club team. You can’t take any if this ranking non-sense seriously. The only to\so kids that are properly ranked is the one attacker and the goalie. It is a garbage shoot for all the others.

Lol, who appointed you the expert? Sounds like a bitter dad jealous that his daughter wasn’t ranked. Pathetic. Typical parent who think their daughter is better than she is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again… the typical response from the self proclaimed all knowing daddy. What a classless individual you are. Knocking and tearing down young people who have worked extremely hard and have been rewarded for their efforts. Congratulations to all who were recognized and congratulations on their comments to all of the great schools. We all know your type, hopefully the despicable attitude is not passed on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ dad is mad that he wasted his money in the hopes his daughter would get a write up? Pounded his chest for years bragging, and now must face reality. Wake up LI, there are great lacrosse players who are better than your daughter from all over the country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What went wrong in your little world that caused you to be such a miserable person? Just go away and take your bitter attitude with you. Congrats to all who were recognized.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

— “I think the top schools don’t do a good job evaluating the talent but rather they rely too much on club mystique.” —

If the top schools do not do a good job of evaluating talent then why are the same 10 - 15 teams always the same?

I think the top programs have the luxury of choice and CAN rely on club reputation and utilize all of the rankings and lists and all-star , all-american teams to create their recruiting lists and conduct a narrow search for which players they want. They do get easily identifiable top players who are very good and they stay on top. But I agree that recruiting beyond those schools is more granular. I coach a 23 team and the questions coaches ask me about my players who are still recruiting and will get a lower level DI is nothing like my top players. They are wading through a much larger group of players trying to find a good fit for their program - to fit their style of play, fill a need, etc. They are watching these girls very diligently at the November tournaments and ruling them out for very specific reasons. It's much a more in depth and specific analysis than knowing you can easily snag a very talented top athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the top programs have the luxury of choice and CAN rely on club reputation and utilize all of the rankings and lists and all-star , all-american teams to create their recruiting lists and conduct a narrow search for which players they want. They do get easily identifiable top players who are very good and they stay on top. But I agree that recruiting beyond those schools is more granular. I coach a 23 team and the questions coaches ask me about my players who are still recruiting and will get a lower level DI is nothing like my top players. They are wading through a much larger group of players trying to find a good fit for their program - to fit their style of play, fill a need, etc. They are watching these girls very diligently at the November tournaments and ruling them out for very specific reasons. It's much a more in depth and specific analysis than knowing you can easily snag a very talented top athlete.

— “ I think the top programs have the luxury of choice and CAN rely on club reputation and utilize all of the rankings and lists and all-star , all-american teams to create their recruiting lists and conduct a narrow search for which players they want. They do get easily identifiable top players who are very good and they stay on top.”—

The coaches at the top programs do not rely on club reputation, rankings, lists, all-star or All-American Teams. They rely on their eyes and their ability to identify players who they believe will help their program compete.

Because the best 10 to 20 programs are for the most part excellent schools most of the best players will be able to find a great fit at one of these schools. It is definitely the exception when a top tier recruit who receives offers from these schools chooses to go outside of that group.

The coaches of programs outside that group have to cast a much wider net because they are competing for players against a larger pool of schools and players.

Even though no school gets all of their top recruits they still have an easier job at landing top tier talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great to see Clemson landing some great players as well.[/quotes

Keep in mind these rankings are based on performances for the ID event specifically. Alot of girls in this evaluation are graded higher than what their final rankings would be. But that doesn't mean they aren't top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top programs stay on top because they get the top tier talent. The top tier talent are the few girls that you notice within the first 15 minutes of a game typically. Those girls just move and play different. It doesn't take many looks to make a group of tier 1 talent if your a coach at a top program. The tier 1 players can come from any club. It's the role players or glue girls that get the benefit of the doubt at the top clubs. The college coach know those girls can play at a fast pace and get the ball to the "talent" like they did at their club team. Some of those girls pop when given a new opportunity at college.

If you are not special around a group of decent high school caliber players, why would a college coach take chances when his/her job depends on it?

It's not hard to quickly pick out the top girls across the country and they are correctly placed on the UA and AS teams. Those teams miss on a few girls, but generally on point except to the parents of the girls left off those lists.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top programs stay on top because they get the top tier talent. The top tier talent are the few girls that you notice within the first 15 minutes of a game typically. Those girls just move and play different. It doesn't take many looks to make a group of tier 1 talent if your a coach at a top program. The tier 1 players can come from any club. It's the role players or glue girls that get the benefit of the doubt at the top clubs. The college coach know those girls can play at a fast pace and get the ball to the "talent" like they did at their club team. Some of those girls pop when given a new opportunity at college.

If you are not special around a group of decent high school caliber players, why would a college coach take chances when his/her job depends on it?

It's not hard to quickly pick out the top girls across the country and they are correctly placed on the UA and AS teams. Those teams miss on a few girls, but generally on point except to the parents of the girls left off those lists.

Very well said and accurate as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank You for having common sense, unlike many crazies on this board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2024 parent I’m curious how many college coaches are watching your games at tourneys this Fall. And are they still mostly D1 coaches or is it switching to D2 and D3 now at presidents cup? Just trying to get a feel for how this all works. Thanks in advance!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and very accurate. However, not sure exactly what you mean by "The college coach know those girls can play at a fast pace and get the ball to the "talent" ".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2024 parent I’m curious how many college coaches are watching your games at tourneys this Fall. And are they still mostly D1 coaches or is it switching to D2 and D3 now at presidents cup? Just trying to get a feel for how this all works. Thanks in advance!

There were a lot of coaches at 23 games but also a lot at 24 games. Top tier d1 are done and watching 24s. Mostly d2 d3 on 23 sidelines for our team at least.

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard