BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 73 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I wore a college logo hat last week so now i know why the coaches were nice to me.......Next time i am going to wear a sweatshirt and see if i get the same reaction

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You must know alot to be able to tell that 15 people on the sideline were coaches from D1 schools......

I’m a different poster, but I’ve been at some of these fall tournaments and the coaches are pretty obvious. They stick together because they know one another and have clipboards. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who they are.

And yeah, these girls are getting online looks by coaches who are attending these tournaments/showcases.

Furthermore, every coach is wearing their school's logo, making it obvious what school they represent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Hercules
I wore a college logo hat last week so now i know why the coaches were nice to me.......Next time i am going to wear a sweatshirt and see if i get the same reaction

I was wearing jorts, mesh tank top and work boots. They were nice to me too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
You must know alot to be able to tell that 15 people on the sideline were coaches from D1 schools......

I’m a different poster, but I’ve been at some of these fall tournaments and the coaches are pretty obvious. They stick together because they know one another and have clipboards. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out who they are.

And yeah, these girls are getting online looks by coaches who are attending these tournaments/showcases.

Furthermore, every coach is wearing their school's logo, making it obvious what school they represent.

It is very very obvious as people said and the teams in these tournaments have seen those coaches. I’m sure no one wants to give their identity but I’m a legacy parent and tons of coaches at our tour aments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It is very very obvious as people said and the teams in these tournaments have seen those coaches. I’m sure no one wants to give their identity but I’m a legacy parent and tons of coaches at our tour aments

YJ also had sidelines filled

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come 91 can’t get into these better tournaments? Or is it they don’t want to?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You guys act like going to the Presidents Cup is an automatic look at by college coaches......delusional at best........I personally know 2 D1 coaches and they are still more focused on the 2023's. On LI out of the top 50 2023 girls only 30 have committed so far and the 2023 class was one of the strongest in recent years.......Please just let your daughters enjoy the game. THEY are the ones working hard and will eventually land where they are supposed to. Oh and by the way no D1 HEAD COACH is on the sideline of a 2024 game right now....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cutedog
You guys act like going to the Presidents Cup is an automatic look at by college coaches......delusional at best........I personally know 2 D1 coaches and they are still more focused on the 2023's. On LI out of the top 50 2023 girls only 30 have committed so far and the 2023 class was one of the strongest in recent years.......Please just let your daughters enjoy the game. THEY are the ones working hard and will eventually land where they are supposed to. Oh and by the way no D1 HEAD COACH is on the sideline of a 2024 game right now....

You couldn’t be more wrong. The D1 coaches are absolutely looking at 24s, getting an idea of who they’re interested in. If they get on the radar, they will continue to watch them throughout next summer and then decide who they want. I know of at least 3-4 ‘23s who had great falls last year and then got injured and missed the summer but were still recruited to great programs. I also know girls who didn’t play at all last fall, or didn’t play well, and had strong summers and were recruited. Different paths but same end result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you made my point.............Its not imperative to be at a tournament like The President's Cup.....Sept 1st is not an end all type of date....some girls will have a great summer season after 11th grade and then commit....just let it happen.....work hard and be proactive but my point was towards these dads who think that you NEED to be at a certain tournament or because you have a YJ sticker on your truck recruitment will automatically happen. The majority of these posters on here truly need to relax. Enjoy this time with your daughter because it will be over before you realize it. Soak it in and let it unfold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you made my point.............Its not imperative to be at a tournament like The President's Cup.....Sept 1st is not an end all type of date....some girls will have a great summer season after 11th grade and then commit....just let it happen.....work hard and be proactive but my point was towards these dads who think that you NEED to be at a certain tournament or because you have a YJ sticker on your truck recruitment will automatically happen. The majority of these posters on here truly need to relax. Enjoy this time with your daughter because it will be over before you realize it. Soak it in and let it unfold.

Thank you. Good post.
I also think certain clubs or coaches are stirring up the parents and trying to get them upset with their current club so that they bounce.

Plenty of opportunities to be scene coming in the spring, summer and next fall. Enjoy and don’t get caught up in the hype.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Good post.
I also think certain clubs or coaches are stirring up the parents and trying to get them upset with their current club so that they bounce.

Plenty of opportunities to be scene coming in the spring, summer and next fall. Enjoy and don’t get caught up in the hype.

We’re on a team not in presidents cup and have not spoken to any clubs or coaches. It is ridiculous that we don’t have a strong falll. It isn’t even about presidents cup only, it’s ago it the lack of commitment and focus we are getting from the program and an owner who speaks countless lies to make $$. We have friends on legacy, jesters, top guns, and YJ who have d1 coaches looking at their kids profiles and contacting their coaches and directors about their players. It isn’t getting caught in the hype or being upset about one tournament, it’s about being part of a club that doesn’t value our team and isn’t pushing to help us with recruiting in any way. There is no help with recruiting nor do we have a good fall schedule. Making claims we can go to Boston and NJ and see the same teams as presidents cup this spring is just another lie to keep us somewhere that isn’t looking out for our kids.

Yes it’s great to have fun and I want that for my child, but at the end of the day they have goals that aren’t being properly supported. So again, it isn’t about what any club or coaches or even parents may say about the recruiting process it’s how we feel about our clubs support in this process. We feel lied to and used to keep an older team going when we wanted to leave in august but we promised things that were never going to happen.

I’m sure it’s also our coaches and one parent on our team on here defending the fact that we aren’t in these tournaments. At the end of the day, we want to be in a program that is pushing if or is to be in these tournaments regardless if it’s the end all be all. If it’s a tournament that could even possibly help, it is the job of the people we pay thousands to to make that happen for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Constantly complaining about the team you are on is not helping.....move on if you feel grass is greener elsewhere and i mean that with respect......if not then stop complaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably time to leave, you sound fed up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come 91 can’t get into these better tournaments? Or is it they don’t want to?

Could be a little of both. Sometimes clubs have to pay their dues by doing lesser tourneys the season before. Then the tournament companies allow them into the better ones. The team played low level tourneys last year but I guess not the correct ones.
You can’t just get the team into high level tourneys.
Who was the head coach and director who was fired from last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be a little of both. Sometimes clubs have to pay their dues by doing lesser tourneys the season before. Then the tournament companies allow them into the better ones. The team played low level tourneys last year but I guess not the correct ones.

No one fired our head Coach quit because of how the program was handling the merger with the 2024 team. When she left she wrote to us and told us it was because she didn’t feel that what was happening was fair to the girls and that they weren’t being treated how they should at this age. Said she didn’t think how tryouts were handled was fair to the girls and that she couldn’t stay and be “hypocritical” (exact word used) of what she teaches the girls. While I know that it is probably easier to blame her she requested all of our tournaments for summer 2022 in July and screenshotted her requests to us so we knew what her plans were for this year.

It seems like 91 dropped the ball on this one with the merger. We are looking for other teams just not sure who still has room for us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She didn’t get fired and we wish we still had her. Half our team still trains with her. Great person and role model who really stood up for the girls and what she believed in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Kildare lose by 9 to a B team ranked 176 last year. These rankings make no sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Kildare lose by 9 to a B team ranked 176 last year. These rankings make no sense

Has to be an error I don’t see that being possible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then leave already. Tilts will take you. No team wants a cancer on it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think it sounds like it’s time for you to move clubs. I’m sure it will be better for all the girls. No reason to stay on a team that you constantly go on a public forum to bash. You could just be an adult and talk to the appropriate people or just move to another club. Very simple if your daughter is good I’m sure many teams will take her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told jesters rosters were filled so even if she was wanted to I don’t think she can. The real “cancer” is the management of this company ruining these kids experiences. We are stuck in a place we don’t want to be until we find a place that has spots for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they won 20-2. Correction made

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She didn’t get fired and we wish we still had her. Half our team still trains with her. Great person and role model who really stood up for the girls and what she believed in.

Why does Tilts keep talking about herself in 3rd person?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does Tilts keep talking about herself in 3rd person?

I’m not tilts…but if it makes you feel better to think I am I’ll let you have it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was going to say that makes no sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told jesters rosters were filled so even if she was wanted to I don’t think she can. The real “cancer” is the management of this company ruining these kids experiences. We are stuck in a place we don’t want to be until we find a place that has spots for us.

I’m sure someone will take her if she can play. It’s not that hard to move when you have talent. So please leave for your daughter and the other girls on the team who want to stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A score like that exhibits horrible sportsmanship, coaches should be embarrassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complaining. Make more calls to other teams. The girls that want to stay deserve to play with girls that are dedicated and committed to the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By saying that Tilts team is full makes it very obvious what position your daughter plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they just were still too focused on the boys side by the time they had to put in for the tournaments. They hired 3 on field directors last year who ran their clinics. I think whoever is in charge of booking tournaments just isn’t being proactive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t say much for the talent in Texas either , most of the scores down here so far have lopsided to say the least. They didn’t do a great job matching teams up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t say much for the talent in Texas either , most of the scores down here so far have lopsided to say the least. They didn’t do a great job matching teams up

Yeah and I’m pretty sure all the D1 coaches are not watching games like this. They are watching the best not the teams who claim to be the best but don’t play the actual best teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop making the kindergarten comments about a money grabbing kindergarten coach. Stop it now, stop it ... Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shhh...the "it doesn't matter what teams are ranked" police are watching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A score like that exhibits horrible sportsmanship, coaches should be embarrassed.

Tip guns black won 20-0

Got to love being put in c brackets and running up scores to make yourselves feel better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By saying that Tilts team is full makes it very obvious what position your daughter plays.

Not really. How would anyone even know that teams specific needs ? And even if it doesn’t make it obvious what she plays I don’t really care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it's obvious what position she plays .....not that hard to figure out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a very "specific" position

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. How would anyone even know that teams specific needs ? And even if it doesn’t make it obvious what she plays I don’t really care

Why are we still talking about this!? Team stinks. And the team they are coming from stinks. One team went all the way to Dallas to play crappy against bad competition and the other sits home and complains about it. Sounds like a double decker $hhh…it show. Stay away from both clubs if you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly !!!! Stop complaining and move on !!!

Page 26 of 73 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard