BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 112 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is everyone looking after the first day of Mid Atlantic?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Cold, wet and Muddy. Tough sledding out there today. Not sure there were a lot of surprises although a good amount of close games. If you weren't lucky enough to get a turf game, you are probably washing your daughters jersey at this moment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do we expect from the Mid Atlantic showcase?

M&D sailing through? Same for Hereo's
More rough sailing for Coppermine? Can Pride LBC or NEMS show anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 girls seems to be a big drop from the top 5-6 teams overall. I would include our top 2 teams. M&D Black and Hero’s Green. Then the two stud NY clubs…Aces and Yellow Jackets A team. Then add Eagle Stix obviously…they get credit for traveling to play the best. Then maybe the FL team Madskillz. They are going to have to travel more to prove themselves. Then I think the next 6 best teams are all MD clubs. Depth in MF is impressive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to M&D. Tough weekend all around with weather, field conditions, refs and personnel issues due to multiple sports. Definitely some crazy scores between both days but that was to be expected. Heard LBC was without their goalie, TLC & Coppermine without half their team, NEMS without a couple of their best and out of state teams showing up in lower Divisions. It’s clear M&D and Hero’s are lacrosse first teams and it shows on the field. Bring on the winter ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, congrats to Hero's Green and M&D!! Still the top two teams anyway you slice it. Possible Rankings after Fall:

1) Hero's Green (Or Flip Flop with M&D)
2) M&D

3) Pride - Beat BLC 10-1 last week, NEMS twice and Coppermine once in two weeks
4) BLC - Plays everyone tough but other teams have narrowed the gap
5) LBC - Beat Hero's today and is competitive
6) NEMS - Solid
7) Maryland United - Solid
8) Coppermine - good, but tough competition in this group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, congrats to Hero's Green and M&D!! Still the top two teams anyway you slice it. Possible Rankings after Fall:

1) Hero's Green (Or Flip Flop with M&D)
2) M&D

3) Pride - Beat BLC 10-1 last week, NEMS twice and Coppermine once in two weeks
4) BLC - Plays everyone tough but other teams have narrowed the gap
5) LBC - Beat Hero's today and is competitive
6) NEMS - Solid
7) Maryland United - Solid
8) Coppermine - good, but tough competition in this group

M&D gets number 1. They went 6-0. Hero's went 4-2 this weekend. Heard the level of play was high in the final. Wished we could stuck around to watch

LBC looked pretty good. Nems looked better. BLC will be fine. Still lots of talent. MDU is gonna be a handful for the 3-5 slot. Pride is solid. Well coached. Coppermine is in big trouble regardless of who shows up on that team. I'd say big drop after top 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings look good but have to put M&D number 1 after beating Hero’s straight up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the first half of the championship game. And I can say without a doubt that M&D and Hero's have a lot of talent between them (obviously). As a parent who's daughter rarely gets to play those 2 teams, it was fun to watch. The speed is what separates those type of teams from the lower level teams. Not to mention the physicality. Congrats to M&D for winning and Hero's as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the first half of the championship game. And I can say without a doubt that M&D and Hero's have a lot of talent between them (obviously). As a parent who's daughter rarely gets to play those 2 teams, it was fun to watch. The speed is what separates those type of teams from the lower level teams. Not to mention the physicality. Congrats to M&D for winning and Hero's as well.

What was the final score? Tourney App never updated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was the final score? Tourney App never updated.

6-3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another terrible weekend for TLC Red.

I don't see how they can go to the A Division of NGLL.

Renegades got it done again, they should be ready for A Division or at least ready to take their lumps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades got it done again, they should be ready for A Division or at least ready to take their lumps.

Got what done? Went undefeated in the worst bracket and lost in the 1st round of playoffs to a lower B or C level team.

Stay competitive in the B Division let the girls have fun. If Renegades played against A level competition it would be ugly.

The only "B" level team that could consider moving up is Hero's White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got what done? Went undefeated in the worst bracket and lost in the 1st round of playoffs to a lower B or C level team.

Stay competitive in the B Division let the girls have fun. If Renegades played against A level competition it would be ugly.

You can only play the team that you line up against and yes, Renegades is getting it done. Hero's White has always played in the A division, so not sure what you mean by "moving up".

If Renegades wants to improve, they need better competition, yes getting blown out will come along with that, but its about development, those girls need to be pushed, they absolutely need to go to A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing 6 players including 3 of 4 top middies. Not saying they should be an A team, but would read a ton into this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing 6 players including 3 of 4 top middies. Not saying they should be an A team, but would read a ton into this weekend.

Its really up to them. Have you seen the bottom level of A. Renegades wins more than it loses against the likes of SW, FCA, Integrity and anyone else who moves up.

If they want to progress as a club, they need to take their lumps. Also, playing up with help with improving their talent levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be more interesting Spring in 2027.

LBC, Pride with a few statement games.

There's going to be a playoff NGLL team that had a combination of a very advantageous schedule which avoids a Hero's Green or M&D matchup while getting a low tier A team on schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's going to be a playoff NGLL team that had a combination of a very advantageous schedule which avoids a Hero's Green or M&D matchup while getting a low tier A team on schedule.

Top 2 seeds from each division make playoffs. Usually Hero's and M&D are on opposite sides. Then Bethesda on one side and the "perceived " 4th best team on other.

So yes, certainly opens the door for Pride, LBC, MDU or someone else. But there are no guarantees. Who's to say Hero's and M&D are automatic. Although it would be a big surprise for them not to finish top 2 in their division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 2 seeds from each division make playoffs. Usually Hero's and M&D are on opposite sides. Then Bethesda on one side and the "perceived " 4th best team on other.

So yes, certainly opens the door for Pride, LBC, MDU or someone else. But there are no guarantees. Who's to say Hero's and M&D are automatic. Although it would be a big surprise for them not to finish top 2 in their division.

I'm going to say, it won't be BLC this time around.

M&D, Hero's Green are rock solid playoff bound teams.

Its going to be someone like a Pride, LBC, MDU, NEMS, whichever avoids playing either M&D and Hero's Green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its going to be someone like a Pride, LBC, MDU, NEMS, whichever avoids playing either M&D and Hero's Green.

The 3 & 4 slots are going to have to play either M&D or heros (as they should be separated by division) its all about who else is in their division and do they escape playing both M&D and Heros because of out of division games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm interested to understand why it wouldn't be BLC in the #3 or #4 slot? Yes, they laid an egg v Pride a couple weeks ago but they were without their best offensive player the entire weekend due to injury. Not saying she would've been the difference but the game would've been closer. BLC had both Hero's and BLC 5-5 late in both games. Didn't finish.

Before the loss to Pride, allow me to list the teams BLC has lost to since September 2020 : M&D Black and Hero's Green. The gap has definitely closed, but the lack of respect for BLC from some here is confusing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm interested to understand why it wouldn't be BLC in the #3 or #4 slot? Yes, they laid an egg v Pride a couple weeks ago but they were without their best offensive player the entire weekend due to injury. Not saying she would've been the difference but the game would've been closer. BLC had both Hero's and BLC 5-5 late in both games. Didn't finish.

Before the loss to Pride, allow me to list the teams BLC has lost to since September 2020 : M&D Black and Hero's Green. The gap has definitely closed, but the lack of respect for BLC from some here is confusing.

1) They lost a key offensive player in offseason who is now at Hero's Green
2) They won a lot of tight games, (1 goal wins over MDU, Coppermine, NEMS, NXT Black, Pride Red)
3) Improvements from teams that weren't playing NGLL in 4th grade, lots of girls catching up both mentally and physically to high level club lacrosse

That is enough for me to think someone knocks them out from being one of the four playoff teams out of 12 maybe 16 that are in the field for 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 3 & 4 slots are going to have to play either M&D or heros (as they should be separated by division) its all about who else is in their division and do they escape playing both M&D and Heros because of out of division games?

Yes, assuming you split M&D and Heros, everyone will play at least one, but several teams will play both, and BLC which is tough draw.

In 2021, NEMS didn't play M&D Black or BLC, instead got Skywalkers and FCA, the two weakest A teams in league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. If you think BLC won't be in top 4 you are mistaken. We played them a few weeks back and barely escaped with a win. They are still legit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
*Hero’s & M&D 5-5 late*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) They won a lot of tight games, (1 goal wins over MDU, Coppermine, NEMS, NXT Black, Pride Red)
3) Improvements from teams that weren't playing NGLL in 4th grade, lots of girls catching up both mentally and physically to high level club lacrosse

That is enough for me to think someone knocks them out from being one of the four playoff teams out of 12 maybe 16 that are in the field for 2022.

I’m old enough to remember when people on this board posted that BLC had lost up to 5 starters and that the team was in shambles. That was funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m old enough to remember when people on this board posted that BLC had lost up to 5 starters and that the team was in shambles. That was funny.

Non-Bethesda parent here.

Bethesda is just fine. Well coached team. Still lots of talent. It seems every year people speak of their demise. They are definite top 4 team. It is true that the gaps are closing. It happens in every age group every year as these girls get older. But for this age group locally, there are really 6-7 teams that can make a run at top 4 for NGLL

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU
Maybe Nems (if everyone shows up to the games)

Other than that, there are 8-10 teams that could trade wins each week. But they are all going .500 at best. And that is with a lucky or soft schedule. There will be 1 or 2 potential teams that might not even win a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Bethesda is just fine. Well coached team. Still lots of talent. It seems every year people speak of their demise. They are definite top 4 team. It is true that the gaps are closing. It happens in every age group every year as these girls get older. But for this age group locally, there are really 6-7 teams that can make a run at top 4 for NGLL

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU

Other than that, there are 8-10 teams that could trade wins each week. But they are all going .500 at best. And that is with a lucky or soft schedule. There will be 1 or 2 potential teams that might not even win a game.

Part of the reasoning into thinking that BLC is going to eventually fail is, they are the one real successful team in that club.
BLC does not have a HS team, is that correct? Are they planning to have this 2027 team be the first?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU

Part of the reasoning into thinking that BLC is going to eventually fail is, they are the one real successful team in that club.
BLC does not have a HS team, is that correct? Are they planning to have this 2027 team be the first?

Doubtful. They never have. Coach will probably send younger daughter to SW just like her older daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU

I don't think they go past 8th grade. Then they form something else I believe. In theory they have 2 more years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many players did BLC lose?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC lost 1 player to Hero’s Green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU

Doubtful. They never have. Coach will probably send younger daughter to SW just like her older daughter.

BLC ends in 8th grade. The girls from BLC, Stars, and a few of other clubs that surround the DC area will all try out for Capital Lacrosse, actually both teams feed into Capital Lacrosse which is the higher end HS program in the area. I can also foresee a couple of girls trying out for PRIDE if they don't make Capital and then worst case the remainders will try out for SW etc......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Pride
LBC
MDU

BLC ends in 8th grade. The girls from BLC, Stars, and a few of other clubs that surround the DC area will all try out for Capital Lacrosse, actually both teams feed into Capital Lacrosse which is the higher end HS program in the area. I can also foresee a couple of girls trying out for PRIDE if they don't make Capital and then worst case the remainders will try out for SW etc......

BLC was started solely as a boys lacrosse club. The girls program is relatively new...maybe 10 years? Before this 2027 team....BLC ended their girls club program after 5th grade. For the most part girls would then move on to STARS or MC Elite, maybe others. This 2027 group resides mostly in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase/Potomac area with a few from other parts of Montgomery County and a couple from Northern VA. They are uniquely talented when compared to the other BLC teams. A couple years ago BLC made the decision to extend their girls program from 5th grade to 8th grade mainly because of this 2027 squad. Coaches and parents wanted to keep them together. So in two years most will move on to Capitol, some to MC Elite and perhaps other clubs too. They are a nice group of girls and hopefully most of them will be able to play together beyond 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its wild how dominant M&D Black and Hero's Green is at 2027 level.

Based on 2020-2021 only:

M&D Went 44-5 with a 32 game winning streak
Those 5 losses were from 4 teams
(2) Hero's Green
(1) NEMS
(1) BLC
(1) Yellow Jackets A

Hero's went 42-6, those 6 losses were from 3 clubs
(3) M&D
(2) Yellow Jackets A
(1) Aces

Aces only had 1 loss (YJ A) not from M&D or Heros

Yellow Jackets only had 4 losses not from M&D or Heros
(2) Aces
(1) MDU
(1) Coppermine

Eaglestix only had 3 losses not from M&D or Hero's (3 Aces)

LBC beat Hero's Green last weekend
MDU beat Aces a few weeks ago

For me, the top-10 for 2022 so far

1) Eaglestix
2) M&D
3) Hero's Green
4) YJ A
5) Aces
6) BLC
7) Pride
8) LBC
9) MDU
10) NEMS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its wild how dominant M&D Black and Hero's Green is at 2027 level.

Based on 2020-2021 only:

M&D Went 44-5 with a 32 game winning streak
Those 5 losses were from 4 teams
(2) Hero's Green
(1) NEMS
(1) BLC
(1) Yellow Jackets A

Hero's went 42-6, those 6 losses were from 3 clubs
(3) M&D
(2) Yellow Jackets A
(1) Aces

Aces only had 1 loss (YJ A) not from M&D or Heros

Yellow Jackets only had 4 losses not from M&D or Heros
(2) Aces
(1) MDU
(1) Coppermine

Eaglestix only had 3 losses not from M&D or Hero's (3 Aces)

LBC beat Hero's Green last weekend
MDU beat Aces a few weeks ago

For me, the top-10 for 2022 so far

1) Eaglestix
2) M&D
3) Hero's Green
4) YJ A
5) Aces
6) BLC
7) Pride
8) LBC
9) MDU
10) NEMS

That's some in depth research.

Your top 10 is pretty accurate. Top 5 will probably trade wins against each other.

The 6-10 teams will do the same. Which is good for the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So yes, certainly opens the door for Pride, LBC, MDU or someone else. But there are no guarantees. Who's to say Hero's and M&D are automatic. Although it would be a big surprise for them not to finish top 2 in their division.[/quote]

Its going to be someone like a Pride, LBC, MDU, NEMS, whichever avoids playing either M&D and Hero's Green.[/quote]

Before the loss to Pride, allow me to list the teams BLC has lost to since September 2020 : M&D Black and Hero's Green. The gap has definitely closed, but the lack of respect for BLC from some here is confusing.[/quote]

That is enough for me to think someone knocks them out from being one of the four playoff teams out of 12 maybe 16 that are in the field for 2022.[/quote]

I would add a big knock on the program overall is the parent coaching model. 27s have been able to escape it to date due to some talent (though other teams have closed the gap or surpassed them), but almost all of the other BLC teams struggle mightily and it is due to below average coaching more than anything else.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which one is the BLC coach's daughter, but doubtful she will go to SW. Assuming she's a good player, imagine she would tryout for Hero's or M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which one is the BLC coach's daughter, but doubtful she will go to SW. Assuming she's a good player, imagine she would tryout for Hero's or M&D.

Well, if her sisters are already on SW as was said, it makes sense.

I guess this is how SW will improve by the time HS rolls around.

Page 16 of 112 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard