Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 05:58 PM
Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 05:41 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 05:23 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 05:15 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 05:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,081
Posts335,689
Members2,439
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #356572 11/14/21 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of teams play equally in the fall, in order to validate talent level of each kid.

MY daughters team was down at half to two different top-5 teams a few weeks ago, ended up losing by 5-7 goals as we rotated all in the game equally.

spring/summer is the time to really pull out the stops.

Equal play in fall is driven more by clubs afraid that families of kids who don't play in the fall won't make their second installment of fees for the spring and summer.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #356573 11/14/21 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know how top guns is gonna do this season. They went 0-3 at the tourney today. They were playing pretty good teams though so it could be that

They didn't play a team within the top-14 based on this summer's rankings.

Prime Time is solid team, Monster is okay. I would put Top Guns around 25-35, they were 36th last season.

Of course, Fall Ball means equal playing time, kids missing for soccer, etc, so take scores with a grain of salt.

Prime Time gets YJ and Eagle stix this weekend. We will understand how good they are after this weekend.

They aren’t in that zip code. They would have their hands full with YJ B.

Shame no Maryland teams are playing. I think they have a tournament too. Hero's and M&D would have been a nice tournament with Eagle and YJ. Would have been fun to watch up here.......Good luck to everyone this weekend (especially our local teams)

YJ will get Heros and Aces at Live Love Lax. and Prime Time will get YJ B.

Prime Time parent here. Lost by 1 to YJ yesterday. Will fully admit YJ had 10 of the 12 best players on the field. Their skill sticks and athleticism were at a different level. That said, they had no real ideas on offense other than a few isolation plays. Don't know much about the program but it seems like at least one of the following was true. 1) the team never practices 2) there is no real coaching going on or 3) the players just reject the coaching and do as they please.

This surprised me because I also have a daughter at a higher age level and would never say this about older YJ teams.

Have to believe that if nothing improves they would be rolled by top Maryland teams against whom they don't have a big talent advantage.

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #356628 11/15/21 12:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok as the YJ parent who posts here often I’ll tell you we practice quite often. Friday nights, weekends. Throw in a scrimmage against the 26 team. So our issue isn’t lack of practice. Personally I think the team is evolving. The daddy and mommy coaches trying to keep their daughters front and center. That creates issues as some of the talent needs to get moved to accommodate. Meanwhile with grazzy everything ran through our star and now staddy trying to change that but unfortunately his knowledge of the game comes from YouTube. The talent level is so good we can still win most games despite this but agree as they get older will be a problem. CR is aware of all this but at this point just in wait and see mode for this year.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #356655 11/15/21 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Prime Time parent here. Lost by 1 to YJ yesterday. Will fully admit YJ had 10 of the 12 best players on the field. Their skill sticks and athleticism were at a different level. That said, they had no real ideas on offense other than a few isolation plays. Don't know much about the program but it seems like at least one of the following was true. 1) the team never practices 2) there is no real coaching going on or 3) the players just reject the coaching and do as they please.

This surprised me because I also have a daughter at a higher age level and would never say this about older YJ teams.

Have to believe that if nothing improves they would be rolled by top Maryland teams against whom they don't have a big talent advantage.

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.[/quote]

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #356734 11/15/21 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.[/quote]

We had some upgrades on the back end of the roster, but the core of the team is the same. We implemented our motion offense and defensive principles last year and the girls didn't really get it or ran away from it when it got tough. As a result, we had a few very good performances and but were mostly mediocre. Our biggest improvements has been on settled play defense and getting transition opportunities on the clear.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #356752 11/15/21 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are definitely seeing the playing field change. Prime Time has stepped up. Top Guns will be a wait and see as the team hasn’t had a chance to help yet. Dare I say Liberty has fallen? Not a great showing this weekend. The spring will be a deciding factor for many teams. Those that don’t play will jump ship. Teams that aren’t used to losing will also lose top
talent. Where they wind up will be the question. Teams are starting to demand that kids show up to everything and are frowning on kids playing other sports that create conflicts. That will change the dynamic as well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #356772 11/15/21 02:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Impressive result for Prime Time. Did you guys add more talent? Girls clicking? We played you multiple times last year. You def have 2-3 real good players who seem to be able to score at will.[/quote]

Core group of girls is the same, a few nice additions but the top scorers are the same.. Last summer we had a couple good games and lots of mediocre ones where we played well for 15 minutes and let it get away.

Biggest change is more time with the motion offense and more comfort with defensive principles, especially trapping in the ride. We put in a complicated offense which never consistently performed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #356809 11/15/21 07:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok as the YJ parent who posts here often I’ll tell you we practice quite often. Friday nights, weekends. Throw in a scrimmage against the 26 team. So our issue isn’t lack of practice. Personally I think the team is evolving. The daddy and mommy coaches trying to keep their daughters front and center. That creates issues as some of the talent needs to get moved to accommodate. Meanwhile with grazzy everything ran through our star and now staddy trying to change that but unfortunately his knowledge of the game comes from YouTube. The talent level is so good we can still win most games despite this but agree as they get older will be a problem. CR is aware of all this but at this point just in wait and see mode for this year.

YJ has mature, athletic players. That won't mean a thing in two years when all the girls have gone through puberty.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #357303 11/18/21 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for YJ parents -- did some girls choose to play on the B team instead of the A team to get more playing time? Saw both teams play at LFTC and I could pick our 3 or 4 players on Gaghan who were head and shoulders better than some of the bench players on the Grassy.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #357330 11/18/21 09:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait for this weekend. All the competitive teams from Long Island in Delaware. It’s going to be great!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #357332 11/18/21 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many games this weekend. So much playing time. Let’s go Empire!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357333 11/18/21 10:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for YJ parents -- did some girls choose to play on the B team instead of the A team to get more playing time? Saw both teams play at LFTC and I could pick our 3 or 4 players on Gaghan who were head and shoulders better than some of the bench players on the Grassy.
Says the yj B team parent who’s girl didn’t make the A team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357339 11/18/21 11:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ B team will be surprising teams come the spring - they finally have a goalie to back up that tough d and by end of summer will definitely be considered in the “A” conversation.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357341 11/19/21 12:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Hit a nerve bench warmer?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #357349 11/19/21 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Hit a nerve bench warmer?
Lol. Hit a nerve girl who didn’t make either team

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 55 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 54 55
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard