Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 10:23 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 10:12 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 09:49 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 09:47 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/26/22 09:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,146
Posts340,506
Members2,460
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 593 of 642 1 2 591 592 593 594 595 641 642
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #355667 11/08/21 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah just got to St. Ants or Chaminade. Walk on and be a star. [ChillLaxin]-Hum

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #355677 11/08/21 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah just got to St. Ants or Chaminade. Walk on and be a star. [ChillLaxin]-Hum

Why do you even post?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355769 11/08/21 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If looking at Suffolk, I would go with a top academic school over lacrosse. Smithtown, Cold Spring Harbor, Northport, Harborfields, Half Hollow Hills, Islip, Connetquote, Sayville, Mt Sinai, and many others are good choices. Pick the school based on academics, and use Lax as a tie breaker. I picked a school based off of academics, and I'm very happy with how both my kids ended up in college. My son is playing in college and my daughter didn't play lax.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355772 11/08/21 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills should be more relevant this season with the combined East/West lacrosse team.

Curious as to why they are combining schools?

Demographics are changing, and Lacrosse and football rosters are way down. West had 3 8th graders starting last year. I'm sure COVID had something to do with it, but Hills went from having 2 or 3 teams in the youth program to 1.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355808 11/08/21 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If looking at Suffolk, I would go with a top academic school over lacrosse. Smithtown, Cold Spring Harbor, Northport, Harborfields, Half Hollow Hills, Islip, Connetquote, Sayville, Mt Sinai, and many others are good choices. Pick the school based on academics, and use Lax as a tie breaker. I picked a school based off of academics, and I'm very happy with how both my kids ended up in college. My son is playing in college and my daughter didn't play lax.

I would think most of the better lacrosse schools have strong academics as well.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #355860 11/08/21 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All hail Suffolk! Kings of Lacrosse.

This is new. I was unaware.

I guess we will have to expand our home search to include Mt. Sinai, SWR, The Tri-Villages and Centerport to be amongst the lax elite. (Sorry WI and Smithtown runner up will not do for my brood).

Where’s he getting Mt Sinai from?? Must be from Manhasset. Lol. If you were from Suffolk, you would know that MS has always been an average team at best, prior to JS. Will be there in short order once JS heads upstate. Prob sooner actually. They lost a ton of top players to graduation. Doubt JS will be enough this year.

Your right, other than JS they only have a defenseman going to
Hopkins, an LSM going to cuse, a fomid going to cuse in the younger JS, one of the best 24 lefty attackmen in the class. A pretty darn good but undersized attackman that plays for the warriors, a middie going to providence… but other than JS, the cupboard is bare. Lol

All good LI teams have a minimum of three D1 commits, and real good ones have far more than that. Fact is they lost a ton to graduation, and have a lot of holes to fill with subpar players. Wouldn’t count them out, with JS, but definitely a big step down from last year. Once JS graduates, they are right back to mediocrity. Bank on it.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #355954 11/09/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

My son has two offers on the table, but still cant decide what to do. Both schools were in his top 5 but not sure if he should commit. Does he play out the fall and spring season and see what happens or commit to one of the two offers he has?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355963 11/09/21 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

My son has two offers on the table, but still cant decide what to do. Both schools were in his top 5 but not sure if he should commit. Does he play out the fall and spring season and see what happens or commit to one of the two offers he has?

Seriously asking that here

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355965 11/09/21 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

It comes down to what he is interested in studying, and then which school is better for that subject. Don't go to school for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355977 11/09/21 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

It comes down to what he is interested in studying, and then which school is better for that subject. Don't go to school for lacrosse.

Honestly, you will not find an answer here. Only your son can decide. my 2 older kids knew the right choice when they visited their school. My Son knew the moment he met with the coach and did a tour of the school it was for him. My daughter had a similar experience. If there are doubts then maybe its not the right fit. Only he can decide and only he will know.. Use the broken leg test, if he was unable to play would he still want to attend the school.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #355991 11/09/21 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Roll the dice. Never known living until you let those beautiful dice give you the answer. Only way to live. No regrets!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #355993 11/09/21 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Roll the dice. Never known living until you let those beautiful dice give you the answer. Only way to live. No regrets!

Glad to see someone else can't get enough of those pearly little cubes. Dice fa life.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #355999 11/09/21 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy to wait....those days are gone especially with the Covid backlog. 23's are sitting pretty. Pick one before they move on to someone else. This is a business to colleges. Don't think it's anything different. Best of luck. Sounds like your son is in a good spot.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #356005 11/09/21 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Losers hit bids. If neither are the school he really wants and he has confidence in his abilities and grades put him squarely in the mix than why settle. Kids are young and usually have more confidence and want to attain their goals, its the parents that sell their own kid short and tell him to hit the bid so he can throw a sticker on his car. Perhaps $ is a consideration and he needs to take that offer, if so makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #356007 11/09/21 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here.

Glad to see someone else can't get enough of those pearly little cubes. Dice fa life.

The dice guy seems to have the most compelling argument.

Like Reply Quote
Page 593 of 642 1 2 591 592 593 594 595 641 642
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard