BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I don't see Skywalkers best players on there. How can that be?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers 2023 sounds like a fun team to be on... yikes. All these parents had to share the sidelines for years and will need to for a couple more years, maybe dial it back a little as you are creating awkward situations for yourselves. The first original post boasting the top player was obnoxious, then all the reactions were pretty bad too. I don't think either side of this argument will gain much by continuing on, may be time for both sides to chalk it up as a loss and move along before the hole gets deeper and makes the sideline even worse.

No more toxic than any other.

Why did SW need to bring on CO girls? Not enough talent in MD? Now CO throwing the MD girls under the bus. Classic lax!
SW has girls playing for them all over - 22's had a bunch that were not local
3 out of state girls out of 20 players total is not a bunch...it's a few

Who cares, it is a for profit business, not a public HS. What does it matter where the players are from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers 2023 sounds like a fun team to be on... yikes. All these parents had to share the sidelines for years and will need to for a couple more years, maybe dial it back a little as you are creating awkward situations for yourselves. The first original post boasting the top player was obnoxious, then all the reactions were pretty bad too. I don't think either side of this argument will gain much by continuing on, may be time for both sides to chalk it up as a loss and move along before the hole gets deeper and makes the sideline even worse.

No more toxic than any other.

Why did SW need to bring on CO girls? Not enough talent in MD? Now CO throwing the MD girls under the bus. Classic lax!
SW has girls playing for them all over - 22's had a bunch that were not local
3 out of state girls out of 20 players total is not a bunch...it's a few

Who cares, it is a for profit business, not a public HS. What does it matter where the players are from?

It actually helps.
It helps ID the extreme sports/stage parents in this sport. It is doing us all a favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Duke commit was SW best player. Why didn’t she make the All-Tournament team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Duke commit was SW best player. Why didn’t she make the All-Tournament team?

Because, She was not there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there. She played on my daughter’s team, the Meteors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there. She played on my daughter’s team, the Meteors

Congratulations to all of the players who earned All-Tournament Honors. I’m sure all of the players and their parents are very proud of the recognition. I’m also pretty sure that all parties involved realize that each players commitment to the great schools that they will be attending is a much more meaningful accomplishment. Congratulations to the player and parents of the Duke commit as well, as it is an awesome accomplishment. It has been said on here countless times that “the only lists/rankings that matter are the lists/rankings that the college coaches keep”. It looks to me as if the player in question was on a pretty darn good list, there are not too many better lists/rankings to be on. Congratulations! Great accomplishment.

To the haters, go get the help that you so need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mom!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mom!

That’s the best that you can come up with?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Presidents Cup schedule. Why are we flying to Dallas to play one game Friday, two games Sat, and one game late Sunday?? It is also against mostly weak teams.There should of at east been a championship. This is ridiculous waste of time and money. My daughter is missing school for this nonsense that could have been done in one day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Presidents Cup schedule. Why are we flying to Dallas to play one game Friday, two games Sat, and one game late Sunday?? It is also against mostly weak teams.There should of at east been a championship. This is ridiculous waste of time and money. My daughter is missing school for this nonsense that could have been done in one day!

Why are you asking the rest of us? If you don’t want to go, don’t go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s never been a championship game. Also said games would be played 3 days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That ship has sailed. Just don’t see the point. Could have been a much better event closer to the home of 90% of the teams over less days. Who decides these silly schedules and venues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That ship has sailed. Just don’t see the point. Could have been a much better event closer to the home of 90% of the teams over less days. Who decides these silly schedules and venues?

Just be thankful you don’t have to travel that far for ALL of your daughter’s tournaments! Count your blessings!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called growing the sport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 games over 3 days is not necessary. Girls shouldn’t have to miss school for lacrosse and stay an extra night in a hotel. Should be two days max. My daughter plays all teams from tristate. Would understand if we played some teams from the west

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to grow the sport try making it more financially accessible. This weekend is estimated to cost me around $3000. Growing the sport by looking for people with deep poclkets I guess.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

If you want to grow the sport try making it more financially accessible. This weekend is estimated to cost me around $3000. Growing the sport by looking for people with deep poclkets I guess.

Everyone has the option to not attend. It's rather myopic to assume every tournament should be in your backyard - lacrosse is played all over the country now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Everyone has the option to not attend. It's rather myopic to assume every tournament should be in your backyard - lacrosse is played all over the country now.

True, but in this case I'd love to know how many teams attending require a flight and car rental or a drive longer than say 7 hours to attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

You seem to be the one who is myopic. That’s great that lacrosse is being played all over. However if I’m going to spend $$ to travel across the country to play a youth sport, my daughter should not be playing the same local teams from home. Not one team on schedule that is outside a 100 mile radius. There is also no good reason that this tournament should last 3 days. One game late on Sunday? C’mon you’re smart enough to realize this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone priced the cost of gas and car rentals? Out of this world!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's no different then when it was in Florida, like it has been for years in the past. If anything Florida was more expensive. It's always been a 3 day event - that hasn't changed. I do agree that going that distance and playing teams in your backyard is beyond frustrating though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Texas for 3 days to play teams from NY, NJ and PA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the whining ? Don’t go.
This is not a new event. It’s always been in Fla. Now it’s in Tx. Teams from all over the USA go.
You don’t have to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not a new event. It’s always been in Fla. Now it’s in Tx. Teams from all over the USA go.
You don’t have to

Not that simple. Obviously my daughter loves lacrosse and wants to play. She is committed and definitely does not “need” to play in this tournament. She is also a responsible teammate and wants to support the girls on her team that are not yet committed. You seem very selfish with your flippant response. This tournament was poorly organized in having girls play 4 local teams over 3 days. They should not have scheduled an e game late on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many of us have our differences on here but want to say that I am a die hard LI Lax fan and want to see every one of these girls on the island be successful in whatever sport or career path they choose so sharing a post that I came across on social media given NLI day on Nov. 10th.:

With the NLI Signing Day tomorrow, I thought this would be an appropriate reminder:

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

I never had a signing day.
I never signed the document saying that I was going to be a Bruin. My commitment was over the phone late December of my senior year. I will never forget the moment when Coach I called my house and said two simple words..."Hey Bruin!" No pen, no document, no signing party...just word of mouth. I never had an official visit, I never took the picture on the football field, I never had a host. My unofficial was the bells and whistles, and just being on that campus was magical enough for me.

I commend the young athletes who are signing today. What a special moment for you all! Your hard work has paid off, YOU DESERVE IT!

But for the young girls at home, the seniors who are currently on their social media looking at pictures of their friends signing a document you "wish" you had, please don't be sad. Because timing is everything, and a document doesn’t mean that your opportunities are gone. There is a school for everyone, there is a program for you, and you don’t need a signing day to remind you of that.

So, from the girl who didn’t "sign," didn’t get the full ride, didn’t have an official visit...please don’t stop working. Because my degree from the number 1 ranked public university in the country doesn’t say whether I signed or not. Instead it shows the hard work, dedication, and commitment I had to prove everyone wrong. And I can't wait till you find a place to call home, I'm sure happy I did.

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many of us have our differences on here but want to say that I am a die hard LI Lax fan and want to see every one of these girls on the island be successful in whatever sport or career path they choose so sharing a post that I came across on social media given NLI day on Nov. 10th.:

With the NLI Signing Day tomorrow, I thought this would be an appropriate reminder:

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

I never signed the document saying that I was going to be a Bruin. My commitment was over the phone late December of my senior year. I will never forget the moment when Coach I called my house and said two simple words..."Hey Bruin!" No pen, no document, no signing party...just word of mouth. I never had an official visit, I never took the picture on the football field, I never had a host. My unofficial was the bells and whistles, and just being on that campus was magical enough for me.

I commend the young athletes who are signing today. What a special moment for you all! Your hard work has paid off, YOU DESERVE IT!

But for the young girls at home, the seniors who are currently on their social media looking at pictures of their friends signing a document you "wish" you had, please don't be sad. Because timing is everything, and a document doesn’t mean that your opportunities are gone. There is a school for everyone, there is a program for you, and you don’t need a signing day to remind you of that.

So, from the girl who didn’t "sign," didn’t get the full ride, didn’t have an official visit...please don’t stop working. Because my degree from the number 1 ranked public university in the country doesn’t say whether I signed or not. Instead it shows the hard work, dedication, and commitment I had to prove everyone wrong. And I can't wait till you find a place to call home, I'm sure happy I did.

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Great Post!

Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Best post I’ve ever seen on here!!! Thank you for sharing this! Good luck to all the Lacrosse players on their individual journeys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Great Post!

Thank you

The only thing that is not accurate is the term "Walk On", she may not have received an athletic scholarship but she was not a walk on, she was recruited. That term is misused frequently: a "walk on" is someone who shows up at an open "Tryout" and walks on and attempts to earn a spot on the team. There are many "recruited athletes" who do not receive any athletic scholarship money but they are certainly not "walk ons". College football announcers are probably to blame as they misuse the term "walk on" all the time. They call any player who was not given a scholarship out of HS a "walk on" which is not really accurate. Using that definition every DIII athlete would be considered a walk on as would all of the Ivy League Athletes. In general more than 25% of DI (FBS) football players are not on scholarship but they were recruited athletes, not walk ons. At the DI (FCS) level the number of non-scholarship players could be as high as 50% on any given team.

With many DI women's lacrosse teams having rosters in the 40's and only 12 athletic scholarships to split up there are many athletes who do not receive any athletic scholarship money but they are not walk ons, they are recruited athletes.

Samantha is an Inspiration to all the athletes who are chasing their dream of playing a college sport. Great letter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Presidents cup is held in conjunction with the IWLCA annual coaches meeting. That’s why it’s in Dallas this year 2 years ago in Fla my daughter had a similar schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just be thankful you don’t have to travel that far for ALL of your daughter’s tournaments! Count your blessings!

It's meant to be a recruiting tournament offering a chance for players to play and be seen by coaches, which is why it does not include freshman. The debut is a waste of $$$. It follows the IWLCA annual meeting, so every coach in the country is already there and stays for the tournament. It's a great opportunity for those recruiting. They have to host that event in a place that is affordable for the coaches and Florida is NOT. Plus, it is a national organization so they are trying to be more middle of the country. Agree that it would be a much more fun opportunity is we got to play teams that we don't typically play that are still correct level and offering competitive play - but that is not alway easy to achieve. Championships happen late on Sundays and people need to get home for school.

West Coast players spends thousands to get an opportunity to showcase and play. Thousands. Girls lived 7 weeks in hotels with their parents this summer. I met them at events. Most are so fortunate not to have to do that. West coast players have no choice but to do that if they want to play DI lacrosse. stink it up or stay home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's meant to be a recruiting tournament offering a chance for players to play and be seen by coaches, which is why it does not include freshman. The debut is a waste of $$$. It follows the IWLCA annual meeting, so every coach in the country is already there and stays for the tournament. It's a great opportunity for those recruiting. They have to host that event in a place that is affordable for the coaches and Florida is NOT. Plus, it is a national organization so they are trying to be more middle of the country. Agree that it would be a much more fun opportunity is we got to play teams that we don't typically play that are still correct level and offering competitive play - but that is not alway easy to achieve. Championships happen late on Sundays and people need to get home for school.

West Coast players spends thousands to get an opportunity to showcase and play. Thousands. Girls lived 7 weeks in hotels with their parents this summer. I met them at events. Most are so fortunate not to have to do that. West coast players have no choice but to do that if they want to play DI lacrosse. stink it up or stay home.

There is no championship, and I highly doubt any coaches are hanging around for Sunday afternoon games. There is no reason to schedule a single game on Sunday afternoon. There should be two games Friday and two Saturday, or one Friday and three Saturday. If absolutely necessary, Sunday play should be over before noon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Best post I’ve ever seen on here!!! Thank you for sharing this! Good luck to all the Lacrosse players on their individual journeys!

Yup! Best post ever!
BTW what is with all of the parading of the commits in team unis 2 years out? Never really seen that in such wide use until the year. Stirring up lots of superstition is my thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no championship, and I highly doubt any coaches are hanging around for Sunday afternoon games. There is no reason to schedule a single game on Sunday afternoon. There should be two games Friday and two Saturday, or one Friday and three Saturday. If absolutely necessary, Sunday play should be over before noon.
It has always been scheduled over the 3 days, why is this such a big deal. You did not need to sign your daughter up to play in it. I don't see the reason for going on here and complaining when this is how it's been played out for YEARS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Great Post!

Thank you

The only thing that is not accurate is the term "Walk On", she may not have received an athletic scholarship but she was not a walk on, she was recruited. That term is misused frequently: a "walk on" is someone who shows up at an open "Tryout" and walks on and attempts to earn a spot on the team. There are many "recruited athletes" who do not receive any athletic scholarship money but they are certainly not "walk ons". College football announcers are probably to blame as they misuse the term "walk on" all the time. They call any player who was not given a scholarship out of HS a "walk on" which is not really accurate. Using that definition every DIII athlete would be considered a walk on as would all of the Ivy League Athletes. In general more than 25% of DI (FBS) football players are not on scholarship but they were recruited athletes, not walk ons. At the DI (FCS) level the number of non-scholarship players could be as high as 50% on any given team.

With many DI women's lacrosse teams having rosters in the 40's and only 12 athletic scholarships to split up there are many athletes who do not receive any athletic scholarship money but they are not walk ons, they are recruited athletes.

Samantha is an Inspiration to all the athletes who are chasing their dream of playing a college sport. Great letter!

Preferred walk-on means guaranteed spot on team, no scholarship money. Recruited walk-on is also used in the same way or can mean spot is not guaranteed. Unrecruited walk on shows up on campus and tries out for the team. They are all considered walk-ons until they receive athletic money, which some eventually do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"

Great Post!

Thank you

Preferred walk-on means guaranteed spot on team, no scholarship money. Recruited walk-on is also used in the same way or can mean spot is not guaranteed. Unrecruited walk on shows up on campus and tries out for the team. They are all considered walk-ons until they receive athletic money, which some eventually do.

Why don't we just focus on the broader message of theoriginal amazing post and not semantics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Samantha Duran? UCLA doesn't even have a lacrosse team. Is this about a club team?

We're in the DC area and travelling for Presidents cup is absolutely insane. Was one thing when you were in Florida, which is at least a desirable location. Even when our team has gone to playdays at colleges, it's always the same two or three teams in the final or semi final. I guess it remains about growing the game but since 23's are pretty much done recruiting so it seems like a major waste of money. We are committed to go because our club goes though. If there had not been covid and the many restrictions against coaches watching 23's throughout the leadup year, it might have made more sense last year. I hope the 24's are able to get more looks and check out more schools than the 23's. The Junior year Sept 1 recruiting date was just such a mad rush and a garbage shoot at times. We travelled quickly to schools we could, and everything turned out fine with committing but had the system been different I think my daughter could have made a more informed choice. We ended up going with a more familiar entity just because we did not have time or money to crisscross the country. ALl of these dead periods and no contact etc. really was to the detriment of the 23's with covid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t have to

Not that simple. Obviously my daughter loves lacrosse and wants to play. She is committed and definitely does not “need” to play in this tournament. She is also a responsible teammate and wants to support the girls on her team that are not yet committed. You seem very selfish with your flippant response. This tournament was poorly organized in having girls play 4 local teams over 3 days. They should not have scheduled an e game late on Sunday

Don’t complain then unless you have a solution. Get Charlie and Carol to set up a fall tourney in New York outside the IWLCA. they would be happy to have your money and you would play the same teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Samantha Duran? UCLA doesn't even have a lacrosse team. Is this about a club team?

We're in the DC area and travelling for Presidents cup is absolutely insane. Was one thing when you were in Florida, which is at least a desirable location. Even when our team has gone to playdays at colleges, it's always the same two or three teams in the final or semi final. I guess it remains about growing the game but since 23's are pretty much done recruiting so it seems like a major waste of money. We are committed to go because our club goes though. If there had not been covid and the many restrictions against coaches watching 23's throughout the leadup year, it might have made more sense last year. I hope the 24's are able to get more looks and check out more schools than the 23's. The Junior year Sept 1 recruiting date was just such a mad rush and a garbage shoot at times. We travelled quickly to schools we could, and everything turned out fine with committing but had the system been different I think my daughter could have made a more informed choice. We ended up going with a more familiar entity just because we did not have time or money to crisscross the country. ALl of these dead periods and no contact etc. really was to the detriment of the 23's with covid.

Couldn’t agree more. And to the pretzel suggesting CR set up a tournament, please go away, we did just fine without her and her YJs

Page 28 of 34 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard