BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 112 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what did we learn from this weekend’s different Tournaments? Any teams performance impress you or have you scratching your head? Thoughts?

Nothing surprising. M&D and Hero's looked rusty. But just have better talent(hence 4-0) Bethesda looked decent vs both of them just not quite enough firepower. Nems and Pride showed flashes. Coppermine had a rough weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine got roughed up. Gonna be a long spring for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did we learn from this weekend’s different Tournaments? Any teams performance impress you or have you scratching your head? Thoughts?

Nothing surprising. M&D and Hero's looked rusty. But just have better talent(hence 4-0) Bethesda looked decent vs both of them just not quite enough firepower. Nems and Pride showed flashes. Coppermine had a rough weekend.

The only surprise is the score between Hero’s and Coppermine. What happened there? Coppermine looked really bad in their games I saw so how did Hero’s only win by 3? Really would have like to see M&D/ Hero’s match up. Take Coppermine out of the top bracket so we see better matchups. Otherwise it’s clear M&D and Hero’s are still the two top dawgs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's White looked pretty solid as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this morning it is clear that M&D has the edge over Hero’s. The two are also better than the rest. Bethesda is still the #3. Pride is moving in the right direction while Coppermine is not. NEMS is still under review as they were short some of their top girls. Wish the two tops played tomorrow.

I wouldn't say an edge. Both are great teams. Probably trade wins back and forth when they play each other. And Bethesda is still really good.

But after those 3, there is a big drop off to number 4

Not sure I agree..... You need to give Pride credit, the CRUSHED BLC and went 2-2. Not sure how BLC is considered 3 still after only 1-3 and only beating Coppermine... I would put Pride at 3 for now, NEMS and BLC fight for 4th

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only surprise is the score between Hero’s and Coppermine. What happened there? Coppermine looked really bad in their games I saw so how did Hero’s only win by 3? Really would have like to see M&D/ Hero’s match up. Take Coppermine out of the top bracket so we see better matchups. Otherwise it’s clear M&D and Hero’s are still the two top dawgs.

Hero's started and played all of its backups. And still beat Coppermine by 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Fall Ball, it doesn't matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Fall Ball, it doesn't matter

Here we go--------> My team is loosing because its fall ----- YAWN ----- How about you leave the site and come back in April.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Ball is about getting their kinks out - especially if there has been changes to the team. It in no way declares that Spring will be tough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After this morning it is clear that M&D has the edge over Hero’s. The two are also better than the rest. Bethesda is still the #3. Pride is moving in the right direction while Coppermine is not. NEMS is still under review as they were short some of their top girls. Wish the two tops played tomorrow.

I wouldn't say an edge. Both are great teams. Probably trade wins back and forth when they play each other. And Bethesda is still really good.

But after those 3, there is a big drop off to number 4

Not sure I agree..... You need to give Pride credit, the CRUSHED BLC and went 2-2. Not sure how BLC is considered 3 still after only 1-3 and only beating Coppermine... I would put Pride at 3 for now, NEMS and BLC fight for 4th

That has to be a bad score reported. No way Pride beats BLC 10-1. BLC played both top teams close. And both Hero's and M&D crushed Pride. If that score is correct, that would be the strangest result.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with poster giving Pride credit. Beat BLC 10-1 and wasn't really close from what I heard. However, still a considerable gap between Hero's and M&D and the rest. Out of the second tier teams Pride is one of the better ones. Coppermine didn't look as good as they did last year. Not sure if they lost some girls or what?? More games to play next weekend, should be fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Ball is about getting their kinks out - especially if there has been changes to the team. It in no way declares that Spring will be tough!

That's a lot of kinks.
The report after tryouts was that Coppermine had gotten much better.
Results say otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would really like to see a tournament....probably towards the end of the spring season, where a double elimination tournament is created. Almost a season ending national championship. Where bracket play isn't involved. Possibly 2 Divisions. A Gold and Silver. Would look something like this:

Gold

Bethesda
Hero's
M&D
Aces
YJ
Eagle Stix
MDU
Madskillz

Silver

Nems
Pride
FLG
LBC
Coppermine
LBC
Hero's White
LI Jester

Maybe divisions get adjusted based on the year. But you set up games 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5....all based on rankings by a certain date. You go 0-2, you go home early. You could play 2 games, you could come up through the losers bracket and get 6 games. Other than Lax for the Cure, you rarely get all of the top teams in one spot. This would eliminate the bracket bias. Every game is competitive.

For my daughter, we play the top teams all year and don't win many of them. But a bracket like this, could give us a chance to compete for a championship (albeit Silver) against like competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would really like to see a tournament....probably towards the end of the spring season, where a double elimination tournament is created. Almost a season ending national championship. Where bracket play isn't involved. Possibly 2 Divisions. A Gold and Silver. Would look something like this:

Gold

Bethesda
Hero's
M&D
Aces
YJ
Eagle Stix
MDU
Madskillz

Silver

Nems
Pride
FLG
LBC
Coppermine
LBC
Hero's White
LI Jester

Maybe divisions get adjusted based on the year. But you set up games 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, 4 vs 5....all based on rankings by a certain date. You go 0-2, you go home early. You could play 2 games, you could come up through the losers bracket and get 6 games. Other than Lax for the Cure, you rarely get all of the top teams in one spot. This would eliminate the bracket bias. Every game is competitive.

For my daughter, we play the top teams all year and don't win many of them. But a bracket like this, could give us a chance to compete for a championship (albeit Silver) against like competition.

Not a Pride fan at all, but they just smashed Bethesda, and BLC went 1-3. Not sure why they'd be in the "top" division over a team like Pride or even Jesters??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of kinks.
Results say otherwise.
Again, it's about the team learning to play together, especially if there are changes. Not that big of a deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? You are going to tell me that Hero's started and played the entire game with only their "backups"? Wasn't aware that 7th grade lacrosse had "backups". Talk about making excuses!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gold

Bethesda
Hero's
M&D
Aces
YJ
Eagle Stix
MDU
Madskillz

Silver

Nems
Pride
FLG
LBC
Coppermine
LBC
Hero's White
LI Jester

Not a Pride fan at all, but they just smashed Bethesda, and BLC went 1-3. Not sure why they'd be in the "top" division over a team like Pride or even Jesters??

Based on the 30-40 games played last season would be my assumption.

LI Jesters at the 2027, they haven't really shown much. Finished ranked #45.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? You are going to tell me that Hero's started and played the entire game with only their "backups"? Wasn't aware that 7th grade lacrosse had "backups". Talk about making excuses!

From all scores that I have seen, Heros has not blown anyone out, but they win the games convincingly. Backup/missing players/etc they just seem to be winning, so no excuses are needed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they said "entire game". They said started and played. They don't have enough for backups the whole game. And if you don't understand that there are backups at 27's. Then you are naive. And what "excuse"? They won.

Enjoy your participation trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nearly all teams have the same girls start maybe a few rotate as starters per game. For those that do not start, they are the "backups".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played everyone. FLG didn’t sub
That’s not what I heard!!! YJ carries 24. Played 15 that game. FLG has a roster of 16. Heard FLG completely outplayed YJ. Their only competition is each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC seems to have gotten significantly worse. What’s the story there? There is a lot of talent in the DC area that BLC pulls from and it seems to get squandered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think they said "entire game". They said started and played. They don't have enough for backups the whole game. And if you don't understand that there are backups at 27's. Then you are naive. And what "excuse"? They won.

The excuse was they only beat them by 3…& no, I’m not naive, already been through this process & I know of NO teams that have back up players…but if you are happy that your child plays for a team w/ back up players - enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27 Jesters are awful. Empire is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The excuse was they only beat them by 3…& no, I’m not naive, already been through this process & I know of NO teams that have back up players…but if you are happy that your child plays for a team w/ back up players - enjoy

What the heck are you talking about. Also had several children go through this experience and played for top club teams and there are always girls/boys that start every game and some that don't. That may change come high school and recruiting time when they mostly play in showcases and time gets split evenly but at this age of course there are starters and backups. If you don't want to call them backups what do you call them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about. Also had several children go through this experience and played for top club teams and there are always girls/boys that start every game and some that don't. That may change come high school and recruiting time when they mostly play in showcases and time gets split evenly but at this age of course there are starters and backups. If you don't want to call them backups what do you call them?
They are called players! They pay the same amount of money as the other girls on the team. Yes, I’m aware that there are starters (my daughter is one of them). The person stated that hero’s started & played their back ups, to imply that that was the reason for only losing by 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of kinks.
Results say otherwise.
Again, it's about the team learning to play together, especially if there are changes. Not that big of a deal.

Yikes. Did you watch the same games I did? I assume you're a Coppermine mom?
That was not a good display this weekend.
It's borderline "Blow it up and start over."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are called players! They pay the same amount of money as the other girls on the team. Yes, I’m aware that there are starters (my daughter is one of them). The person stated that hero’s started & played their back ups, to imply that that was the reason for only losing by 3.

Their parents may pay the same amount but do they work outside of practice at same amount? It’s club, you earn PT, it’s not split even. There are starters and there are backups, go play rec if you want even split.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of kinks.
Results say otherwise.

Nope, not a Coppermine mom. Just know from experience that Fall is about learning, getting kinks out and trying some new things. Scores don't matter, you will learn that some day. Don't know why it's such a big deal to people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deleted Conversation

What the heck are you talking about. Also had several children go through this experience and played for top club teams and there are always girls/boys that start every game and some that don't. That may change come high school and recruiting time when they mostly play in showcases and time gets split evenly but at this age of course there are starters and backups. If you don't want to call them backups what do you call them?[/quote]
They are called players! They pay the same amount of money as the other girls on the team. Yes, I’m aware that there are starters (my daughter is one of them). The person stated that hero’s started & played their back ups, to imply that that was the reason for only losing by 3.[/quote]

For what its worth, I saw the Hero's BLC game, and Hero's did not have backups, all of the girls looked like they should start, at no point did I see one that fell into the "backup" category. They also kept subbing the players in and out so everyone played. So if the discussion is did Hero's play their backups, I would say No because it does not seem like they have any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of kinks.
Results say otherwise.

Nope, not a Coppermine mom. Just know from experience that Fall is about learning, getting kinks out and trying some new things. Scores don't matter, you will learn that some day. Don't know why it's such a big deal to people.

Fall is about learning.
I guess I had higher expectations having heard Coppermine grew by leaps and bounds since tryouts.
It just wasn't what I saw. I look forward to seeing the much-improved spring version then, I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a lot of kinks.
Results say otherwise.

Fall is about learning.
I guess I had higher expectations having heard Coppermine grew by leaps and bounds since tryouts.
It just wasn't what I saw. I look forward to seeing the much-improved spring version then, I guess.

It's kind of creepy that you are watching multiple games of a team that you do not have a child on and that you think needs so much improvement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is about learning.

It's kind of creepy that you are watching multiple games of a team that you do not have a child on and that you think needs so much improvement.

Kinda hard to miss. My daughter plays for M&D Black and I was already at GV. Gotta do something in between games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is about learning.

Kinda hard to miss. My daughter plays for M&D Black and I was already at GV. Gotta do something in between games.

Nothing creepy about that, better than sleeping in the car.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understanding the Renegades 2027 team was formed in the late summer of 2020, their progression from a new team (from mostly Rex league teams) that had challenges executing, to the team they are today shows continuous improvement, excellent coaching and desire. All the things needed to keep moving up. If they get elevated to A division they will certainly face tougher teams and will need to continue progressing. Good on them for their achievements so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understanding the Renegades 2027 team was formed in the late summer of 2020, their progression from a new team (from mostly Rex league teams) that had challenges executing, to the team they are today shows continuous improvement, excellent coaching and desire. All the things needed to keep moving up. If they get elevated to A division they will certainly face tougher teams and will need to continue progressing. Good on them for their achievements so far.

Tell their coach to ask for the A Division. It's hard to judge the progression if you keep playing B and C division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is about learning.

Interesting considering Coppermine and M&D Black played at the same times the entire weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions on the standing winners for Mid Atlantic this weekend

Blue
Hero's White
(They are battle tested and have some solid players, if refs call it tight it could work against them as they most def play to echo of the whistle)

Green
Renegades
(They've been impressive, should def move to the A division of NGLL)

Pink
M&D Black
(I fully expect to see the 1 and 2 seeds from this division be M&D and Heros)

Purple
HoCo Black
(Skywalkers may have really improved, this weekend could show that, lots of roster turnover, but HoCo looks solid from what I've seen)

Yellow
M&D Orlando
(Yeah, I'm just going off of name here, no clue how good they are)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue
Hero's White
(They are battle tested and have some solid players, if refs call it tight it could work against them as they most def play to echo of the whistle)

Green
Renegades

Pink
M&D Black

Purple
HoCo Black
(Skywalkers may have really improved, this weekend could show that, lots of roster turnover, but HoCo looks solid from what I've seen)

Yellow
M&D Orlando

Seems pretty accurate.

Hero's White Not a tough division for them
Renegades Again, easy Division. And No, they aren't a potential A team. Hero's and M&D would smash them 15-0...so would MDU
M&D or Hero's flip a coin. One of them is def going to win this thing
HoCo I'll take a flyer on Skywalkers....no idea why
M&D Orlando I'm gonna go with L.I. Top Guns just for fun

With that in mind, your previous picks are probably accurate. I'm just trying to find something to nitpick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue
Hero's White

Green
Renegades

Pink
M&D Black

Purple
HoCo Black

Yellow
M&D Orlando

Seems pretty accurate.

Hero's White Not a tough division for them
Renegades Again, easy Division. And No, they aren't a potential A team. Hero's and M&D would smash them 15-0...so would MDU
M&D or Hero's flip a coin. One of them is def going to win this thing
HoCo I'll take a flyer on Skywalkers....no idea why
M&D Orlando I'm gonna go with L.I. Top Guns just for fun

With that in mind, your previous picks are probably accurate. I'm just trying to find something to nitpick

In regards to Renegades on A league, they would get crushed as you stated but can they beat Integrity (they did) Skywalkers, FCA, if answer is yes, they earned A division, not to mention a few likely new A division teams (stars, CCLax)

Page 15 of 112 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard