BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 222 of 264 1 2 220 221 222 223 224 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the feedback so far. Very helpful. Nassau seems very congested so far. Looking aound Harbor fields-Centerport tomorrow. Harbor fields is the high school for area. Will check out Cold Spring harbor and Northport also. Working my way east on island maybe Seauket-Stonybrook. Enjoying looking.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for the feedback so far. Very helpful. Nassau seems very congested so far. Looking aound Harbor fields-Centerport tomorrow. Harbor fields is the high school for area. Will check out Cold Spring harbor and Northport also. Working my way east on island maybe Seauket-Stonybrook. Enjoying looking.

You can’t go to Harborfields if you want a better level of HS lacrosse as one of your criteria

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t go wrong with Smithtown area (East or West), Three Village area (Ward Melville). Great areas, great schools, excellent lacrosse programs at all 3 HS’s. Wide range in Home Prices …. You can find a relatively affordable modest home or a luxury Home for several million and everything in between. Go a little further and Mt Sinai has a lot to offer as does SWR. In some cases, it can be tougher to get playing time at the larger schools but all have excellent programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are you moving from? How would you classify your son’s ability? Obviously it can be difficult to get playing time at the schools with stronger programs (GC, Manhasset, CHS, Smithtown E&W, WM, Mt Sinai, SWR) if you are considering those areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Centerport/Harborfields is a great area!!. Good Lacrosse and great academically. More affordable than some of the Nassau towns mentioned. Def. Less congested. I do agree with the other poster, club team is important. Depends on your sons goals for lacrosse/academics in college? D1 or Ivy ? Just like towns/schools there is so many good LI clubs to try out for, depending on level of play of your child. There is a club for every level of play. We are fortunate on LI to have so much to offer in this respect. Good luck to you and your son, hope you find a great place to live on LI, where your family can be happy and your son can thrive in Lacrosse and in school!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Picking a place to live based on lacrosse is insane.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, That is what it takes to be all in to lacrosse . D1 or crash and burn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think that was what the original poster was saying ?! They said “looking for a nice town with a good lacrosse program”. You don’t think when people move, they don’t look at a towns sports programs for their kids??!! Then you are insane. People want the whole package. Academics and Sports. Thankfully, plenty of towns check those boxes here on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m relocating my family on Long Island. Any suggestions of a nice town with a good lacrosse program for a freshman? Not interested in private schools.
Thank you in advance for help.

Jericho, Roslyn, or Great Neck are superior lacrosse towns with low taxes.
You failed to mention they are also the top performing academic districts on LI, and their graduates go on to the top universities at almost 100% graduate rate.

Manhasset & GC are nice towns.

Do Jericho and GN even have teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Centerport/Harborfields is a great area!!. Good Lacrosse and great academically. More affordable than some of the Nassau towns mentioned. Def. Less congested. I do agree with the other poster, club team is important. Depends on your sons goals for lacrosse/academics in college? D1 or Ivy ? Just like towns/schools there is so many good LI clubs to try out for, depending on level of play of your child. There is a club for every level of play. We are fortunate on LI to have so much to offer in this respect. Good luck to you and your son, hope you find a great place to live on LI, where your family can be happy and your son can thrive in Lacrosse and in school!

The Smithowns send a lot of lax players Ivy over the years too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has been one of the more civil back of the cage exchanges that I have ever seen! No disparaging and generally speaking broad advice. Well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to Massapequa great town good school good Lax program 55 min to the City 15 min to Tobay. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not at all. depending upon the age of your children at the time of relocation it makes perfect sense and my answer would be the same for all athletics. If you have a child entering 7th-9th grade and they excel at a particular sport then looking for them to continue to excel and surround themselves with similarly liked individuals makes perfect sense. In fact I would say the same thing for non athletes. If your child is into theater, it would be no different than looking at a school for a great arts program. Now if you are newlyweds and or have a pre K child I might think you are putting the cart before the horse :-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not at all. depending upon the age of your children at the time of relocation it makes perfect sense and my answer would be the same for all athletics. If you have a child entering 7th-9th grade and they excel at a particular sport then looking for them to continue to excel and surround themselves with similarly liked individuals makes perfect sense. In fact I would say the same thing for non athletes. If your child is into theater, it would be no different than looking at a school for a great arts program. Now if you are newlyweds and or have a pre K child I might think you are putting the cart before the horse :-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa? I don't think there are a whole lot of people comparing houses in CSH/GC/Manhasset and Massapequa. Very different zip codes. May as well include Farmingdale (Massapequa's rival) as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa? I don't think there are a whole lot of people comparing houses in CSH/GC/Manhasset and Massapequa. Very different zip codes. May as well include Farmingdale (Massapequa's rival) as well.

Dont think the poster was saying he had to live in a specific town. He asked for recommendations. I would never dare compare Massapequa to the elite CSH/GC/Manhasset. My apologies if my post came across that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post. Was going so well into you had to add your snotty remark. I wonder if he was to ask what’s the most obnoxious zip codes are on LI? Because I’m sure you live in one! He should avoid those.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post. Was going so well into you had to add your snotty remark. I wonder if he was to ask what’s the most obnoxious zip codes are on LI? Because I’m sure you live in one! He should avoid those.

Agreed. I’ve seen some real shacks in Manhasset and GC. Would rather live on the water in Pequa with my boat and jet skis in the back yard. Also nice not to have to constantly run into Tad and Bif in their pink Vinyard Vines shorts when I run up to town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apology accepted. Enjoy your 1/4 acre and the smoke coming in your window from your neighbors bbq.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at Port W. We have it all - 1/4 aces with smoke from neighbors yards and Tad and Bif in their pink vineyard vines. Also very good lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at Port W. We have it all - 1/4 aces with smoke from neighbors yards and Tad and Bif in their pink vineyard vines. Also very good lax.

Medicore lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And so it goes. The essence of lacrosse. The game which is controlled by the almighty dollar. The official game of holdback boarding schools and snobs who are looking for nothing more than an Ivy sticker adorning the rear window of their Mercedes. as the ultimate status symbol. Looking for proof? Go no further than this recent exchange. Completely disgusting.

Looking for some clean air to breath without the traffic jam to the 7/11, where shallow people don’t pass judgement based on your possessions… and homes for every price range? Go east to Suffolk. While the Nassau boys dream of their glory days, a bygone era, Suffolk is the king of lacrosse on LI, and has been for quite some time now which by all accounts won’t be changing anytime soon based on what we know Suffolk is in the process of reloading with right now. Yup. Leave the congestion, pollution and graffiti in Nassau and come to Suffolk, the epicenter of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I’ve seen some real shacks in Manhasset and GC. Would rather live on the water in Pequa with my boat and jet skis in the back yard. Also nice not to have to constantly run into Tad and Bif in their pink Vinyard Vines shorts when I run up to town.

So you’ve never seen a shack in Massapequa? Also nice to not have to run into Rocco and Vinny in there wife beaters and cut off Jean shorts in town!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip loses there assistant coach this should be an interesting year to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip loses there assistant coach this should be an interesting year to say the least

Bro stop living in the past. Gallose days are long gone. Above average team at best. Prob below average this year.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All hail Suffolk! Kings of Lacrosse.

This is new. I was unaware.

I guess we will have to expand our home search to include Mt. Sinai, SWR, The Tri-Villages and Centerport to be amongst the lax elite. (Sorry WI and Smithtown runner up will not do for my brood).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess we will have to expand our home search to include Mt. Sinai, SWR, The Tri-Villages and Centerport to be amongst the lax elite. (Sorry WI and Smithtown runner up will not do for my brood).

Where’s he getting Mt Sinai from?? Must be from Manhasset. Lol. If you were from Suffolk, you would know that MS has always been an average team at best, prior to JS. Will be there in short order once JS heads upstate. Prob sooner actually. They lost a ton of top players to graduation. Doubt JS will be enough this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SWR?? What planet you living on? They couldn’t get past the first round of the playoffs last year, and that’s with all of their D1 commits! This year, all their top players are gone. Attack is “OK”. Midi’s are subpar. Absolutely nothing on the defensive half of the field. Zero. They won’t make the playoffs.

How about you do some recent research before announcing your Suffolk lax elite. This ain’t 15 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious?? That’s post worthy?? An average team changes an assistant coach?!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where’s he getting Mt Sinai from?? Must be from Manhasset. Lol. If you were from Suffolk, you would know that MS has always been an average team at best, prior to JS. Will be there in short order once JS heads upstate. Prob sooner actually. They lost a ton of top players to graduation. Doubt JS will be enough this year.

Your right, other than JS they only have a defenseman going to
Hopkins, an LSM going to cuse, a fomid going to cuse in the younger JS, one of the best 24 lefty attackmen in the class. A pretty darn good but undersized attackman that plays for the warriors, a middie going to providence… but other than JS, the cupboard is bare. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopkins, an LSM going to cuse, a fomid going to cuse in the younger JS, one of the best 24 lefty attackmen in the class. A pretty darn good but undersized attackman that plays for the warriors, a middie going to providence… but other than JS, the cupboard is bare. Lol

They will take a beatdown from Shoreham as usual. Politics and overhyped players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]All hail Suffolk! Kings of Lacrosse.

Smithtown West going down to B is pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will take a beatdown from Shoreham as usual. Politics and overhyped players.
Things slow at Commack schools today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown West will really struggle in B/C

Top of B/C is much better than top of A At least 4 or 5 losses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills should be more relevant this season with the combined East/West lacrosse team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hills should be more relevant this season with the combined East/West lacrosse team.

Curious as to why they are combining schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that.
Curious how this statement plays out for different areas
These high schools can almost predict what years they will earn a state championship based on how successful the local club team is.
On LI are towns/schools/clubs aligned?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that.
Curious how this statement plays out for different areas
These high schools can almost predict what years they will earn a state championship based on how successful the local club team is.
On LI are towns/schools/clubs aligned?

Not really. However, for the most part it is the same school districts that are competitive year in and year out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what the future will look like but Ward Melville has certainly been the best program on The Island… at least up until a couple of years ago…. In Nassau, Garden City has been the best for a long time. That said, in this day and age pick the town that you like…. You can always go to St Anthony’s or Chaminade and there are several club options so the Town doesn’t have to have a strong youth program or tradition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 222 of 264 1 2 220 221 222 223 224 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard