BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 85 86
MadLax Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This thread will be used to cover the news and discussions of the MadLax Lacrosse Baltimore and Capital (Maryland, DC, Virginia) programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: MadLax Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse Merges with MadLax Lacrosse

(March, 2013)

Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse and MADLAX recently completed a merger that combines both programs. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will operate under the MADLAX National program umbrella, with a goal to develop one of the nation’s strongest and most productive club lacrosse platforms and brands. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will keep the Rock name and colors and operate as Madlax-Rock of Baltimore. Madlax-Rock will offer all-star teams, camps and clinics for boys ages 8-18. The merger integration is underway and will be completed prior to the start of the summer 2013 season. The merger combines two of the nations most recognized ELITE level club brands.

Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse was founded in 2005. The emphasis for Rock’s establishment was an interest in establishing a Club lacrosse program in the Baltimore/Washington area that offered a team club platform with an added emphasis on position specific team and player development. Kevin Mayer (current Assistant Coach and Defensive Coordinator at CCBC Catonsville) has been Director of Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse since 2006. Coach Mayer has overseen all aspects of the club operations including the strategic mission and the recruiting platform for the high school players in addition to coaching at the High School ELITE level for Rock Sophomore and Junior teams. Kevin Mayer will remain as Director of Madlax-Rock of Baltimore. The current Rock Coaching Staff(s) and team designations will remain in place.

Madlax was founded in 1996 by current owner Cabell Maddux. Madlax offers all-stars travel teams, camps, clinics, leagues, tournaments and has a retail and online store. Madlax All-Stars teams started competing in 1999 with just one team attending Champ Camp. Today Madlax All-Stars has 14 team within Madlax-Capital, 8 team within Madlax-Florida and 4 teams within Madlax-California that will combine with 10 teams from Madlax-Rock. Madlax-Capital All-Stars have placed over 350 boys into NCAA programs. In 2010 Madlax founded and started the only character development initiative within an elite boys lacrosse club called C.A.S.E (character, attitude, success, effort). In 2009 Madlax started its unique ‘Academy’ concept which offers teaching and positional practice and speed workouts 11 months of the year for all players involved in the Capital All-Stars program.

The merger allows both programs to combine administrative resources while enhancing the ability to focus on the most important aspects of the club lacrosse experience: (1) Individual position specific skills development (2) team skills development (3) advisement in the recruiting process for high school players (4) encouraging confidence for our participants during the player developmental process (5) teaching and mentoring the GAME of LACROSSE . The merger also allows for the scaling of the MADLAX National Team platform, which combines the organizations top talent from all of the Clubs operating under the MADLAX national umbrella. The current MADLAX National umbrella includes 36 teams from: Madlax-Rock-Baltimore, Madlax-Capital, Madlax-Florida, and Madlax-California All Star Teams.

“The growth of the club lacrosse platform risks moving away from development of the position specific skills required to become impact lacrosse players, says Mayer. Under the current platform offered by many club organizations the overriding focus is on the team aspects of player development. Player’s participate with their club teams in the fall, spring (for middle school players), summer and the entire annual platform for development provides an emphasis only on the team components of the game. The risk is young developing players are missing the position specific skills development you need to become an ELITE level lacrosse player. When we were young we went to camps in the summer and learned position specific skills that made us better players. With club becoming a key component for youth and High School lacrosse players many young players are missing out on learning position specific skills. It is not unusual for us to get High School players at our tryouts who do not have basic position specific skills sets they need to succeed at their positions. Rock’s mission has always been to focus on both aspects, although as our program grew the administrative load kept us from scaling the teaching component. Madlax’s vision and mission mirrors ours and hence combining resources with Madlax was a no brainer and allows us to streamline the administrative component while significantly scaling the most important part of the cub experience…TEACHING the GAME of LACROSSE!”

Cabell Maddux, Madlax founder adds, “Kevin Mayer has built a quality and respected program in The Rock and we are excited and honored to combine our resources and knowledge to create an the premier elite travel lacrosse program that will positively impact boys living in the greater Baltimore area. I am most excited about spreading the Academy teaching concept, the CASE initiative and enhancing the quality of lacrosse played on the field by Madlax-Rock teams and especially the Madlax National Teams. Our National Teams will provide a unique opportunity for a boy from San Francisco, CA to play on the same outstanding team with a boy from Naples, Fl, McLean, VA, Bethesda, MD and Baltimore, MD. That will be a fun and memorable experience for our Madlax players from across the country!”

Rock will be integrating the Academy based training platform currently in place with Madlax along with the CASE program immediately. The national team platform will start at u13 and go through rising seniors each summer and fall. It provides an opportunity to streamline the recruiting organization at the High School level, provide Middle School players an opportunity to roll out age based National teams, while incentivizing all Madlax players to work to make these teams while combining TOP players from different regions.

A new robust Madlax website will launch in the next few weeks and all the national programs will be included in the new site. Madlax will be exploring further opportunities to add new travel programs to the national platform.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Chesapeake Rock College Commitments

Rock Lacrosse would like to extend gratulations and recognition to our current committed players from our 2015, 2014 and 2013 classes. WE HAVE ADDED SOME UPDATES. See commitment summary below:

Michael LeClair* Mt. Saint Joseph High School Attack High Point University
James Tautkus TAFT School Attack Cornell University
Ryan Drenner* Westminster High School Attack Towson University
Adam Huber Mt. Hebron High School Attack Canisius University
Robbie Dunnigan Landon School Attack Colgate University
Michael Mayer*/** St. Paul's School Defense Georgetown University
Connor Duffy** Choate Defense Lehigh University
AJ Fradkin St. Paul's School Defense UMBC
Jamie McLamb Mt. Hebron High School Defense McDaniel College
Austin Simpson Westminster High School Defense Mercer University
Teddy Chase* Winters Mill High School Defense Salisbury University
Tom Carroll Calvert Hall High School Defense Quinnipiac University
Joey Giarnnas St. Mark's High School Midfield Lynchburg College
Mark Darden** Glenelg High School Midfield Hobart University
Greg Sheetz Boys Latin High School Midfield Hobart Uiversity
Casey Rees Boys Latin High School Midfield Navy
Dylan McDermott**South Carroll High School Midfield UMBC
Ben Linkous St. Paul's High School Midfield UMBC
Anthony Pagnotta** Glenelg High School FOGO Towson University
Mike D'Amelio St. Paul's School FOGO Dennison University
Greg Louzan St. Paul's School Midfield St. Mary's College
DJ Plummer Kent Island High School Midfield Navy

Jason Ashwood Hereford High School Attack High Point
John Guiffreda* Kent Island High School Attack Loyola University
Bailey Martin Salesianum High School Attack Vermont University
Mikey Wynne** St. Paul's High School Attack Cornell University
Johnny Surdick Dematha High School Defense Army
Ryan Hursey Westminster High School Midfield Georgetown University
Tyler Wasson Glenelg High School Midfield Navy
Greyson Torrain Dematha High School Midfield Navy
Nathan Howard St.Johns High School Midfield Vermont University
Brett Malamphy Arundel High School Midfield UMBC

Carter Flaig St. Paul's School Attack Princeton University
Robert Clark McDonogh School Attack Georgetown University
Sean Carter Mt. St. Joseph HS Attack Mercer University

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Madlax Rock team that is going to the TriLax tournament a U15 or a 2017 team? They are entered in the rising 9th AA bracket. The only team they have listed on their website is U15AA MadLax Rock. If this is the same team that is going to TriLax they are automatically too old. It is supposed to be a rising 9th AA bracket, not a U15 Bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that Madlax Rock U15 AA team is composed of mostly 2017 gradiating players with some 2018. They are therefore mostly rising 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the Madlax Rock team that is going to the TriLax tournament a U15 or a 2017 team? They are entered in the rising 9th AA bracket. The only team they have listed on their website is U15AA MadLax Rock. If this is the same team that is going to TriLax they are automatically too old. It is supposed to be a rising 9th AA bracket, not a U15 Bracket.

Play down much? Shocker....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are assuming the use of multiple "A"'s combined with U15 implies there are rising sophmores on the team.

If the team is mostly 2017 with a few 2018's aren't they in the correct division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting Blog from Deadspin

saw this posted somewhere else and had to share

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Interesting Blog from Deadspin

saw this posted somewhere else and had to share
This is simply an incredible series of e-mails and provides an extreme example of everything that coaching youth sports should not encompass.

Whether this sequence of e-mails has been editted in any form is secondary to some of the language used by Coach Cabell Maddux including:
  • You have no clue how this lacrosse world works. Wow. You have really screwed him. And by the way it is a big deal and I will let every one of his teammates know. His teammates will hate him for years for quitting and playing for a rival club. Trust me on that.
  • If I had any clue which I didn't until right now I would have kicked his butt off the team for not being committed. I dont need Ryan or your craziness. I would much rather work with a kid who is tough and grateful.
  • Hey ungrateful quitter....
    Your former teammates and coaches, who hate you now, can't wait to get a piece of you Saturday when we play vlc.
Surely, this requires more exposure and commentary from the community.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Related articles and industry commentary :

Is Cabell Maddux The Bobby Knight of DC LAX? (Warning : Adult Content, Viewer Discretion Advised)

Facebook Deadspin Group Regarding Article

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really interested in what sort of response is generated from the Madlax organization as well as the individual coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am more interested to see how many players and parents are willing to stay with that organization? The Rock in Baltimore is no better. That merger of clubs was a match made in heaven (or [lacrosse])

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this were a Football or Basketball coach the story would likely be covered on ESPN

I am surprised by the lack of convesation on this topic within the lacrosse community

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope he steps away from Youth lacrosse...his partner at Rock isn't much better...that is a program in decline IMO...better options in Maryland (Crab, Breakers, FCA, Greene Turtle)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this were a Football or Basketball coach the story would likely be covered on ESPN

I am surprised by the lack of convesation on this topic within the lacrosse community

How is it possible that Inside Lacrosse didnt get a hold of this?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you? And when that same person looks you in the eyes several times and lies to you, how would you react? Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year? I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt. As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses. Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better. If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you. As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you?
Madlax Dad, thank you for joining the discussion.

Now, before we start, we will let you know that we strongly disagree with your view - but that is fine. We welcome the different views, so let's begin.

Define steal. Giving or awarding a player a "scholarship", most likely because the kid is a "player", is a decision made to attract the player to remain with the club or to cover family financial shortfalls.

and lies to you, how would you react?
If you ask me, it would seem that the "club director" did not "know" his players and their families as well as he/she thinks.

Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year?
Please stop. The child - an eighth grader - is not getting $35,000 in scholarship money and we still disagree with the steal assertion. At some point, being a coach is about HELPING the player achieve his or her goals, not attaining your own goals as an adult.

I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt.
As a youth coach for more than a decade, there is nothing - and I mean nothing - that would cause me to write or address a youngster as this e-mail chain indicated.

As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses.
Naming the kids and knowing the kids are different skill sets.

Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better.
Glad to know that the kids who come through the program improve, but development of a student-athlete extends beyond lacrosse skills.

If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you.
This is not about parents coddling their children. This is exclusively about an out-of-control coach that should have known better.

As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.
"Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas."

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I like how you broke down everything I wrote nice work with that. Well as for the cuddling, My understanding is the kid left the program because he was not being told he was great and prefect at all times. I know its hard to tell from the email but Coach does not call the players names and tell them they are bad people. What he does do is point out the faults as they do them. He gets to the point very quickly and clearly. This is how All-Star "futrue All Americans" should be treated. They are told they are great and prefect everywhere they go. And you can see in Pro sports what kids that are told they are great and can do no wrong turn into. I agree in a "Rec" team where kids are not all "egual/ future stars" You have to coach a certain way. I agree Coach lost control in this case and I am sure he agrees he did also. I can tell you as a whole the parents are not going anywhere that are in the program. As for new parents coming to Madlax thats where the club could be hurt.
The steal word was for effect, lets say they cond him out of the money is that better. If they took the $650 and need that money then they really really owe him for getting there kid into that school. If they took the $650 and didnt need the money because they can afford a 35k school thats stealing in my eyes. I am not very smart but I can see how people who do not know the team well and the coach well this looks very very bad. And this story gives people a place to complain threw this story about all the bad coaches they have had over there lives. I can tell you that all the kids at Madlax are safe and everyone can sleep tonight knowing that they are safe and sound.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse Merges with MadLax Lacrosse

(March, 2013)

Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse and MADLAX recently completed a merger that combines both programs. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will operate under the MADLAX National program umbrella, with a goal to develop one of the nation’s strongest and most productive club lacrosse platforms and brands. Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse will keep the Rock name and colors and operate as Madlax-Rock of Baltimore.
Multiple reports circulating in the last 24 hours suggest that Chesapeake Rock Lacrosse have withdrawn from their relationship with the MadLax program.

It is important to note that BOTC has NOT been able to independently confirm the veracity (SAT Word of the Day) of this story nor have we been able to confirm whether the previously posted links were a catalyst (ACT Word of the Day) in the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Dad: it seems clear that this family took "free" or "discounted" lacrosse from the coach and the program. And it also appears the boy got into a very good school with a very good lacrosse program, at least in part (and perhaps in full) due to the boy's association with the program and the coach's efforts on his behalf. His involvement in the program certainly did not hurt.

I for one agree with the coach when he complained the family was ungrateful. People quit all the time, often for good reasons. And it seems the parents recognized that their son wasn't the next Rabil, which is fair. But what makes them ungrateful is they severed ties in an email to the coach, and did not have the courtesy to speak with him in person. That might have been a scary conversation to have, but sometimes you need to have the courage to face up to that. Moreover, they apparently refused to call the coach after being asked several times to talk. They really did owe the coach and the program more. Had they done so, the results might have been completely different.

And because they controlled the process via email, and chose to ignore requests to talk in person, the parents (inadvertently or otherwise) were setting up someone they likely knew had trouble controlling his emotions. Add to this the fact that only select emails were published from the chain ... we haven't seen the emails from the parents where they are fueling the fire by telling the coach to "Re: Lax" etc. So, they are not innocent in this by a long shot.

That said, an adult simply can't go after a minor like that. Calling people ungrateful might be warranted and true, but the threats cross the line. A coach at any level has to exercise more control over his emotions. While this player and his parents owed him a phone call, the coach owed you guys, your boys, and the organization more restraint and common sense.

Very sorry this played out as it did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run from this program as fast as you can. It started with, I can't make practice because of finals and the coach replies with an insane response. They are STUDENTS first. If the parents kept this kid in the program than they are just as bad as the coach. Don't try and spin this on the family that left. This is about an out of control coach/founder that really doesn't care about his players!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The bottom line is the people in the program will look at this as a hole not this one case. And come up with the best thing from them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also anyone who says people should run from Madlax, Please name/rank the clubs in Va where these kids should play and for who they should play for at each level. Then we can all take turns bringing up stories about each coach or club until there is no one left to play for.

C'mon dude. Dont defend this disrespectful, manipulative control freak. He is abusive! period! He should step away now. Think Rutgers....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C'mon dude. Dont defend this disrespectful, manipulative control freak. He is abusive! period! He should step away now. Think Rutgers....

Madlaxdad? No response? Tell us how this coaches actions are different from thosenwe have seen recently in the news. Abuse, intimidation, manipulation. Educators would be fired and prosecuted for this and you want us to sweep it under the rug. Let's hear from you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only question I have for everyone is how do you react when someone steals $650 or a lot more from you? And when that same person looks you in the eyes several times and lies to you, how would you react? Also this person who lied to your face and stole $650 or more from you, you helped them get there child into a school that turns down 100's of kids and cost 35k a year? I just think all of you would just be smart and not email this parent with your thoughts! But I am sure you all would feel the way he felt. As for him as a person he knows every kid by first and last name from U9 to 2014 teams, He can name each kids streghts and weaknesses. Every kid that comes threw his teams gets better. If you are the type of parent that kisses your kids butts and tell them they are always right and prefect Madlax is not for you. As for the Rock program I have no idea if they are good or bad.

I was hoping you were a parody poster, but clearly you are a Madlax dad. Refuting your points will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

1. Without knowing the exact amount, this family did not STEAL money from the owner. They asked and were granted financial aid, which every club gives. Nobody put a gun to Cabell's head. He chose to give them support, at least partly because the kid can play and help his teams win. Be it a youth club or a school, financial aid is a GIFT that an organization grants because they deem it worthwhile. If someone attends Notre Dame, receives a scholarship, and then transfers, did that family STEAL from the school? Of course not. These kids are not indentured servants. If he left (after the season was over, mind you), that is his right. Most normal human beings would wish them well, perhaps invite them back if they don't find things better elsewhere, etc. That is called being an adult.

2. The kid did not need Cabell's help getting into Landon. Are you kidding me? Landon is going to take a kid who can play regardless of what Maddux would say. Not sure which is funnier - Cabell's assertion that he is responsible for the kid attending Landon, or that you believe it.

3. I would not have handled the situation similarly because I am an adult. If a kid wants to leave, wish him well and don't burn bridges. Everyone is allowed to act in what they think is in their son's best interests.

4. Madlax is a better program now because of VLC. Before VLC was started, Madlax took the DC market for granted. You clearly were not part of the program back then. The teams rarely practiced and the coaching was sporadic. Madlax was forced to improve its offering because their program was gutted by tons of kids leaving for VLC. To your point, the owner often neglected several teams and only focused on the most succesful ones. He made things better because of the competition, although now you have to pay a ridiculous monthly fee which costs you more in the long run and keeps people hostage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like how you broke down everything I wrote nice work with that. Well as for the cuddling, My understanding is the kid left the program because he was not being told he was great and prefect at all times. I know its hard to tell from the email but Coach does not call the players names and tell them they are bad people. What he does do is point out the faults as they do them. He gets to the point very quickly and clearly. This is how All-Star "futrue All Americans" should be treated. They are told they are great and prefect everywhere they go. And you can see in Pro sports what kids that are told they are great and can do no wrong turn into. I agree in a "Rec" team where kids are not all "egual/ future stars" You have to coach a certain way. I agree Coach lost control in this case and I am sure he agrees he did also. I can tell you as a whole the parents are not going anywhere that are in the program. As for new parents coming to Madlax thats where the club could be hurt.
The steal word was for effect, lets say they cond him out of the money is that better. If they took the $650 and need that money then they really really owe him for getting there kid into that school. If they took the $650 and didnt need the money because they can afford a 35k school thats stealing in my eyes. I am not very smart but I can see how people who do not know the team well and the coach well this looks very very bad. And this story gives people a place to complain threw this story about all the bad coaches they have had over there lives. I can tell you that all the kids at Madlax are safe and everyone can sleep tonight knowing that they are safe and sound.

1. That is not why the kid left the program. But even if that were the case, these families are not slaves. If they choose to leave, they should not have to endure such vitriolic dribble that sounds like it was written by a 13 year old.

2. You are incorrect. There are a lot of families who are bolting for other programs because of this email.

3. Your attempt to defend this email is sad. Are you aware that similar emails/threats were lobbed at other Madlax parents who left the program for other clubs? This is not an isolated incident.

4. Whatever scholarship money was granted to this family is none of our business. As for Landon, how do you know they aren't getting financial assistance for that school as well (as many students there do receive support)?

5. I agree you are not very smart.

6. If you are happy being part of a program that threatens anyone who leaves, that's your call. Many Madlax families are disgusted and embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom line is the people in the program will look at this as a hole not this one case. And come up with the best thing from them.

This program has sent similar emails/threats to others who left for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf and VLC both have superior HS programs. And U13 and below, Madlax has the numbers, but that is changing now that people know how this club is run.

And neither club above charges a monthly fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC much better, Club Blue will be a good squad next year. MAdLax is finished, hearing players are leaving quickly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every current MadLax parent we spoke with over the past 2 tournament weekends is returning even with "the email"

Not sure who is running

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every current MadLax parent we spoke with over the past 2 tournament weekends is returning even with "the email"

Not sure who is running

Keep telling yourself that. Some of them are staying because they don't have the stones to say to their kid, "What this man has done (and done before) is wrong, and we are not going to be associated with it". Others will be trying for other clubs and will bolt if they can make those teams (hence the need to remain silent if they don't make it. And others will try out and see what happens, but don't want to rock the boat just yet.

The fact that you need to poll other parents shows that you are nervous, too. As you should be. That house of cards is about to fall apart. More news is likely coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

This should not be a contest. If you are not "running" then your morals and parenting ability is in question. Why would you stay and subject your kid and yourself to this type of abuse. Cause you want a scholarship?? Sad really!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

This should not be a contest. If you are not "running" then your morals and parenting ability is in question. Why would you stay and subject your kid and yourself to this type of abuse. Cause you want a scholarship?? Sad really!

You are a bad parent if you want your son to get great coaching an play a sport with his friends? Every club has its issues

As for Landon, my son goes there and having someone vouch for you to get in can help - especially with lacrosse

And no - I have no expectation of my child getting a lacrosse scholarship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who is running

You are a bad parent if you want your son to get great coaching an play a sport with his friends? Every club has its issues

As for Landon, my son goes there and having someone vouch for you to get in can help - especially with lacrosse

And no - I have no expectation of my child getting a lacrosse scholarship

Every club has it's issues? LOL. Maddux has pissed off people for decades. Look at how he has been fired from every HS job he's ever had.

If you knew anything, you'd know that the kid did not need Maddux to get into Landon. Plenty of other lacrosse people were vouching for him - he didn't need Maddux to do anything. The Bordleys aren't stupid - they know he can play.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Every club has it's issues? LOL. Maddux has pissed off people for decades. Look at how he has been fired from every HS job he's ever had.

If you knew anything, you'd know that the kid did not need Maddux to get into Landon. Plenty of other lacrosse people were vouching for him - he didn't need Maddux to do anything. The Bordleys aren't stupid - they know he can play.
BOTC is pleased to know that this discussion is involving participants from Maryland, Washington DC, North Carolina, Virginia, and New [lacrosse]. While this discussion about MadLax lacrosse might be seen as a Maryland "problem" with a Maryland "program", the letters that have been made public should be a cause for pause for parents in every lacrosse program to think about how their student-athletes are being respected.

BOTC has received numerous reports from parents who state that they are in the process of leaving the MadLax program over this national story and the approach of Cabell Maddux towards this player and family. There is no situation in coaching that I have every encountered that can justify this coach's attitude. As a coach on the national and regional levels in soccer, the pressure to have a team perform and to place players with college coaches is strong in both sports, but never could I imagine losing sight of the student-athlete's needs first.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The other coaches in the Madlax family are all very good people and coaches. And they all handle themselves with class as I have seen.
I had my son read the emails, He also has read what most of the people out here in the cyber world are saying about his club. And he wants to stay with Madlax 100%. I said what do you think about what coach wrote to this kid and his parents. He said " I am not going to quit when I get yelled at". He also said Maddox yells at all of us but he is always right about what he is yelling. I find it kinda funny that this is all over some bad emails. Yes really bad emails but emails. This world is becoming very soft when we get upset over some harsh emails. No child was punched or push to the ground. My son can handle harsh words you would think some parents could also.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The other coaches in the Madlax family are all very good people and coaches. And they all handle themselves with class as I have seen.
I had my son read the emails, He also has read what most of the people out here in the cyber world are saying about his club. And he wants to stay with Madlax 100%. I said what do you think about what coach wrote to this kid and his parents. He said " I am not going to quit when I get yelled at". He also said Maddox yells at all of us but he is always right about what he is yelling. I find it kinda funny that this is all over some bad emails. Yes really bad emails but emails. This world is becoming very soft when we get upset over some harsh emails. No child was punched or push to the ground. My son can handle harsh words you would think some parents could also.
As I wrote, I could never imagine not having the student-athlete's interest front and center in my coaching career. Do you believe that the student-athlete's well-being was front and center in the coach's thinking? That is a straight forward "Yes" or "No" question.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard