BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m starting to get a few winter camp apps for ‘23s.
A few schools passed on us after September camps and they’re sending mass emails out- understood.
Are these schools just spamming the 23s? Are these clinics for the 24s. I’m not giving in and paying again to be seen in a camp with 100 kids.
Are any of these schools attending the November tourneys? Are the Nov tourneys just a waste as well and not attended by nearly as many coaches as the summer tourneys?

The November tournaments will be very important for '23s still looking for a home. Esspecially the Mid Atlantic and President's cup in Dallas. You can go on their websites and see the lists of coaches who have reported that they will be attending. I would definitly keep reaching out to them to express interest, and let them know when/where your daughter will be playing, and why your daughter is a good fit for their program. The coaches will also begin to look at some of their top '24 prospects. As for the camps, they will be well attended, and I would suspect that about half the girls attending will be '24s, as well as girls who are already committed to those schools. If your daughter can play well and be competitive with their recruits, I would think she would have a shot at being recruited. She needs to stand out in both the fall tounaments, and the camps. Good luck!

Do the committed girls go to the tournaments to help support their teammates or do they not go so the uncommitted can get more play time?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed girls should go to all of their schools camps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few schools passed on us after September camps and they’re sending mass emails out- understood.
Are these schools just spamming the 23s? Are these clinics for the 24s. I’m not giving in and paying again to be seen in a camp with 100 kids.
Are any of these schools attending the November tourneys? Are the Nov tourneys just a waste as well and not attended by nearly as many coaches as the summer tourneys?

The November tournaments will be very important for '23s still looking for a home. Esspecially the Mid Atlantic and President's cup in Dallas. You can go on their websites and see the lists of coaches who have reported that they will be attending. I would definitly keep reaching out to them to express interest, and let them know when/where your daughter will be playing, and why your daughter is a good fit for their program. The coaches will also begin to look at some of their top '24 prospects. As for the camps, they will be well attended, and I would suspect that about half the girls attending will be '24s, as well as girls who are already committed to those schools. If your daughter can play well and be competitive with their recruits, I would think she would have a shot at being recruited. She needs to stand out in both the fall tounaments, and the camps. Good luck!

Do the committed girls go to the tournaments to help support their teammates or do they not go so the uncommitted can get more play time?
Committed girls should 100% be supporting their teammates!! Especially if there are girls still looking for a home on their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it seem that over the last 2 weeks there have been commits basically everyday but very few from Long Island? I know it's early in the process but it is a bit concerning.
Why is that concerning?
Umm...maybe because so many have already committed? Two NY girls commit to every one girl from somewhere else, including Jersey and MD. MD and Jersey should be ashamed!
MD & Jersey should be ashamed? What in the world are you talking about?!
Does it seem that over the last 2 weeks there have been commits basically everyday but very few from Long Island? I know it's early in the process but it is a bit concerning.
Why is that concerning?
Umm...maybe because so many have already committed? Two NY girls commit to every one girl from somewhere else, including Jersey and MD. MD and Jersey should be ashamed!
MD & Jersey should be ashamed? What in the world are you talking about?!

Binghamton doesn’t really impress much. Jersey and Md not ready to settle that low yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Committed girls should 100% be supporting their teammates!! Especially if there are girls still looking for a home on their team.

Committed girls 100% play! They'd be nowhere without their team and a true teammate supports their whole team through the process. Any club that allows otherwise is only promoting their best players. Committed players will be marked with armbands at the tournaments so that the coaches know who they are.

The November tournaments and especially MidAtlantic and Presidents Cup are vital. There are tons of spots left. Top schools that still have spots will use it to see who gets their last spots and all others will be recruiting BIG TIME for 23s. 25s will start to get some looks too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the committed girls go to the tournaments to help support their teammates or do they not go so the uncommitted can get more play time?[/quote]
Committed girls should 100% be supporting their teammates!! Especially if there are girls still looking for a home on their team.[/quote]

Committed girls 100% play! They'd be nowhere without their team and a true teammate supports their whole team through the process. Any club that allows otherwise is only promoting their best players. Committed players will be marked with armbands at the tournaments so that the coaches know who they are.

The November tournaments and especially MidAtlantic and Presidents Cup are vital. There are tons of spots left. Top schools that still have spots will use it to see who gets their last spots and all others will be recruiting BIG TIME for 23s. 25s will start to get some looks too.[/quote]

Meant to say 24s! ^^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed girls should go to all of their schools camps!

This is something that I haven't thought about. I am just getting over the travel and expense of the 2023 Summer Recruiting Tour. Interested in hearing more about the importance of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best committed girls use the opportunity to help showcase their uncommitted teammates. Coaches can utilize them in different ways now to maximize opportunities for those that are uncommitted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best committed girls use the opportunity to help showcase their uncommitted teammates. Coaches can utilize them in different ways now to maximize opportunities for those that are uncommitted.
Honestly, can we stop with the word "best"? ALL of the committed girls have the opportunity to help showcase their uncommitted teammates. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, can we stop with the word "best"? ALL of the committed girls have the opportunity to help showcase their uncommitted teammates. Period.

Someone has to be the best, all of the players are not the same, they are not equal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone has to be the best, all of the players are not the same, they are not equal.
It's still overused. ANY committed player can help showcase their uncommitted teammates, not just the "best" players are able to do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the 23's that are still looking for a home, good luck! It's not fun and a grind for the girls that commit over the next 8 months! But understand, you are way ahead of all your other high school classmates. It's closer to the the norm not to be in the first round of commits! There are 2 years before you set foot on a college lacrosse field. Girls have their junior and senior seasons to train and prove they were overlooked. It's the lessons the they learn during this tough time that make them mentally tougher. Many girls are on cruise control for the next 2 years and get passed by the girls who have learned they have to continue to improve their entire high school careers! Keep working and you will be rewarded!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the best sky walkers player will end up at Duke, the theory about only the top kids have gotten recruited gets trashed again. Plus I hear the grizzlies won’t be fielding older teams due to fall sports commitments. I know they had a lot of kids commit but what a bummer for the bottom of the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the best sky walkers player will end up at Duke, the theory about only the top kids have gotten recruited gets trashed again. Plus I hear the grizzlies won’t be fielding older teams due to fall sports commitments. I know they had a lot of kids commit but what a bummer for the bottom of the roster.

Lol, she is definitely not the best, not by a long shot. Was owned by so many better players last summer. Daddy did make her look great in the highlight reel tho! Amazing what money can buy. Simmer down and worry about why Duke will always be a bridesmaid. Wonder if it has anything to do with their coaching and recruiting? Why do you think being a second class recruit to a sub par program is impressive? Hmmmm?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, she is definitely not the best, not by a long shot. Was owned by so many better players last summer. Daddy did make her look great in the highlight reel tho! Amazing what money can buy. Simmer down and worry about why Duke will always be a bridesmaid. Wonder if it has anything to do with their coaching and recruiting? Why do you think being a second class recruit to a sub par program is impressive? Hmmmm?
I’m sorry, really? Clearly I’m missing something? Shouldn’t we be celebrating all these girls hard work? Duke finished #8 in final rank. Sub par? Top 10 is sub par for you? Wow, you must have the awesomeness gene. You are so awesome. Your post exudes awesomeness. You must be so awesome to sit next to at Thanksgiving. Since you clearly are in the know of the first class recruit vs second class recruit, please share all your rankings of this class. If you need to demean anyone in the process, please, don’t let your awesomeness hold you back, because let’s face it, you are so superior and awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, definitely not the best. But smart enough to get on a good team years ago and commute from Colorado and nail down as spot at a great school. Investment paid off! Congrats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^Do you like what you see in the mirror? Clearly there is a jealousy here since no normal person would bash someone for committing to a specific school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sorry, really? Clearly I’m missing something? Shouldn’t we be celebrating all these girls hard work? Duke finished #8 in final rank. Sub par? Top 10 is sub par for you? Wow, you must have the awesomeness gene. You are so awesome. Your post exudes awesomeness. You must be so awesome to sit next to at Thanksgiving. Since you clearly are in the know of the first class recruit vs second class recruit, please share all your rankings of this class. If you need to demean anyone in the process, please, don’t let your awesomeness hold you back, because let’s face it, you are so superior and awesome.

Charlotte North left Duke for a reason. I leave it to you to figure out why. I'm pretty sure the rest of us know. Duke will never beat UNC, Cuse, BC. That gap will only continue to grow, with those other programs doing so much better recruiting studs. Duke has no NCAA titles, and have 1 conference championship (2005). For a big time program from a school were the men's program is so dominant, that is unacceptable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^Do you like what you see in the mirror? Clearly there is a jealousy here since no normal person would bash someone for committing to a specific school.

Not bashing, but when someone comes on here proclaiming someone is "the best" on her team, with no evidence to support that, what do you think will happen? Why even post about this nonsense at all? Great for the girl, but this is not a breaking news story. I'm sure the other Skywalkers girls who have already committed would disagree with your assessment. Lots of girls who are great players on their teams commit to good schools every week and don't come on BOTC to brag about it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you realize that you sound foolish? Why do you post such drivel? Envious undertones are obvious, what went wrong in your life?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Charlotte North left Duke for a reason. I leave it to you to figure out why. I'm pretty sure the rest of us know. Duke will never beat UNC, Cuse, BC. That gap will only continue to grow, with those other programs doing so much better recruiting studs. Duke has no NCAA titles, and have 1 conference championship (2005). For a big time program from a school were the men's program is so dominant, that is unacceptable!

People leave schools (transfer) all the time (athletes & non-athletes) for all kinds of reasons. How many Championships does Syracuse have? How about UNC? 2? How about BC ? 1?… We are not talking about Maryland or Northwestern.

BTW, you can’t mention CN and then claim that other programs are doing a better job with recruiting.

Maybe a lot of players do not have the academic credentials to get into Duke (even with help from athletics) or maybe some shy away from the academic rigor of a Top Tier Academic School (it’s not for everyone).

In any event, trying to knock a school or lacrosse program that is the caliber that Duke is just makes you sound foolish or jealous or both.

Some will prioritize lacrosse, some will prioritize academics, some will look for the best competition of both.

To each her own, good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bashing, but when someone comes on here proclaiming someone is "the best" on her team, with no evidence to support that, what do you think will happen? Why even post about this nonsense at all? Great for the girl, but this is not a breaking news story. I'm sure the other Skywalkers girls who have already committed would disagree with your assessment. Lots of girls who are great players on their teams commit to good schools every week and don't come on BOTC to brag about it!

“not bashing” Really, what would you call it? Your post definitely has a green tint to it. Must be tough going through life with an attitude like yours. Why not say nothing or heaven forbid simply say congratulations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly your daughter is only about choosing the school for lacrosse. Who cares if Duke won't beat the said above teams? Who cares if they have no NCAA title? Who cares if the men's team is more dominant? It's Duke. Everyone has their reasons for picking their schools. Get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad Duke isnt PRINCETON or UNC. There's a reason it took soo long....
It was actually nice and peaceful all this time not too have "Im A Dookie" spam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, definitely not the best. But smart enough to get on a good team years ago and commute from Colorado and nail down as spot at a great school. Investment paid off! Congrats!

Oh Barf

I wonder if all the daddys-girlz will go to CT now. Grizzlies out-committed every team by miles! Get my girl on that team! Who flies direct into HPN?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really think someone is trolling this girl by saying that "the best player on SW23 blue just finally got recruited"

Lets leave this kid alone. But lets hope she leaves the rest of us alone and her constant social media posts about it should stop. Congratulate your teammates on their commitments before yourself, there have been a few these past few days. Its more dignified.

I'm glad her families obsession's with glory has come to a "close" there are many local players just as talented, but the MM/SW machine loves PR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the 23's that are still looking for a home, good luck! It's not fun and a grind for the girls that commit over the next 8 months! But understand, you are way ahead of all your other high school classmates. It's closer to the the norm not to be in the first round of commits! There are 2 years before you set foot on a college lacrosse field. Girls have their junior and senior seasons to train and prove they were overlooked. It's the lessons the they learn during this tough time that make them mentally tougher. Many girls are on cruise control for the next 2 years and get passed by the girls who have learned they have to continue to improve their entire high school careers! Keep working and you will be rewarded!

While I also wish all of the players good luck and want them all to find a home and great fit, some of your narrative is not necessarily accurate. Your post implies that players that are not committed yet will work harder and develop greater mental toughness than the players who are committed already. You also state that many of the committed players will go on cruise control and get passed by the players who are not yet committed.

The reality is that the majority of the players who are recognized by the best college coaches as the top recruits do not get lazy, they do not get passed by and they in fact go on to excel at the next level at many of the best college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This constant talk about Syracuse, UNC and BC as being the best……Come on. Did you know Delaware has more NCAA championships than Syracuse and the same number as BC. Did you know that Temple has more championships than Syracuse and BC, the same number as UNC. The most successful lacrosse programs are Maryland, Northwestern, Virginia and Princeton. If your team isn’t on this list than you are either a 0, 1 or 2. If you take out the teams with 2 (Temple, Penn State and UNC) than you are a 1 or 0. If you take out the teams with 1 (Delaware, UMASS, JMU, New Hampshire, BC and Harvard) than you are now one of the many zeros. Trust me it’s OK, not everyone will be on the best team. UNC has proven over and over again that winning with a collection of the “best” players isn’t a formula for long term success. The transfer portal has created a culture where loyalty isn’t valued or encouraged. Just wait until your kid waits two years to finally get some meaningful minutes and your team drops in two Junior transfer starters on top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really think someone is trolling this girl by saying that "the best player on SW23 blue just finally got recruited"

Lets leave this kid alone. But lets hope she leaves the rest of us alone and her constant social media posts about it should stop. Congratulate your teammates on their commitments before yourself, there have been a few these past few days. Its more dignified.

I'm glad her families obsession's with glory has come to a "close" there are many local players just as talented, but the MM/SW machine loves PR.

I hopefully the girl and her family understand that the best players on SW were recruited right away. Duke made offers to other girls who declined, opening up a spot for a third tier recruit who will likely never see the field. She is a winner in this game, but please be realistic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder who and where these girls that declined are?
What are they waiting for? Evaluations this fall? Their first choice to come looking again? What teams are low on recruits? BC is for one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hopefully the girl and her family understand that the best players on SW were recruited right away. Duke made offers to other girls who declined, opening up a spot for a third tier recruit who will likely never see the field. She is a winner in this game, but please be realistic

Every program has players decline offers. How do you know that this player did not decline offers from other programs? No program gets all of their top recruits so the majority of players are taking a spot that another player declined.

You sound like just another bitter pretzel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers 2023 sounds like a fun team to be on... yikes. All these parents had to share the sidelines for years and will need to for a couple more years, maybe dial it back a little as you are creating awkward situations for yourselves. The first original post boasting the top player was obnoxious, then all the reactions were pretty bad too. I don't think either side of this argument will gain much by continuing on, may be time for both sides to chalk it up as a loss and move along before the hole gets deeper and makes the sideline even worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sky Walkers 2023 sounds like a fun team to be on... yikes. All these parents had to share the sidelines for years and will need to for a couple more years, maybe dial it back a little as you are creating awkward situations for yourselves. The first original post boasting the top player was obnoxious, then all the reactions were pretty bad too. I don't think either side of this argument will gain much by continuing on, may be time for both sides to chalk it up as a loss and move along before the hole gets deeper and makes the sideline even worse.

No more toxic than any other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did SW need to bring on CO girls? Not enough talent in MD? Now CO throwing the MD girls under the bus. Classic lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not mean to lessen the accomplishments of any committed girls. Your post is spot on. They worked hard to get where they are and most will continue to succeed. There are plenty of "late bloomers" that will be terrific in college because they continue to work smart and believe in themselves. College success is earned, the revenue sports also miss out on plenty of great recruits that make great strides after 16 years of age. It's no different in both lacrosse and life, keep grinding!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did SW need to bring on CO girls? Not enough talent in MD? Now CO throwing the MD girls under the bus. Classic lax!
SW has girls playing for them all over - 22's had a bunch that were not local

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are plenty of clubs that are not toxic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 out of state girls out of 20 players total is not a bunch...it's a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 out of state girls out of 20 players total is not a bunch...it's a few
No need to get technical...or defensive. They have players from out of state, not unusual for SW. It's a fact, not a big deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard