Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:59 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:58 PM
Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:47 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:28 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 12:25 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,101
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 68 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 67 68
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354833 10/31/21 10:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is on YJ. Let me tell you it’s a disfunctional mess. Parents only confide in their small circles but there are many small groups dissing coaches, players, second guessing. Parent coaches kids start and never come off. Everyone eye rolls especially if you’re a left attacker or a midfielder. The assistant now head coach is looking over his shoulder at the former head coach, now the assistant. The now head coach spent the last year calling parents to make his case. Now he has the top job. Nice guy but a daddy first and lacrosse coach second. We have too many girls on the team. Pressure will build to win at all costs which means 15 girls will barely see the field come next summer. It’s only October and the sideline has the pressure cooker feeling of a recruiting event in July. I (and several others) secretly hope for the team to lose so there is a clean sweep of the coaching staff. Good group of girls but drama drama drama.

A word of advice - don't hold your breath waiting for that coaching change. YJ has nearly destroyed blue teams rather than change coaches. CR knows most kids will stay no matter what the coaching situation is. The ones that leave will be replaced with another paying body. It doesn't have to be someone better, just a girl whose parents will cut the check. The brand attracts talent and CRs connections keep the college commitments coming. The coach is irrelevant for her purposes.

The coaching will not change.

Your daughter can change teams. If you are going to do that, it is best to do it before high school. Basically, this coming summer or it gets much harder and you're likely to be stuck there until it's all over. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354836 10/31/21 10:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Empire is the program of the future.

Just because you say it out loud doesn’t mean it will be true. It will be ok Empire dad.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354866 11/01/21 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Empire is the program of the future.

says nobody except you Empire dad.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354876 11/01/21 10:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter is on YJ. Let me tell you it’s a disfunctional mess. Parents only confide in their small circles but there are many small groups dissing coaches, players, second guessing. Parent coaches kids start and never come off. Everyone eye rolls especially if you’re a left attacker or a midfielder. The assistant now head coach is looking over his shoulder at the former head coach, now the assistant. The now head coach spent the last year calling parents to make his case. Now he has the top job. Nice guy but a daddy first and lacrosse coach second. We have too many girls on the team. Pressure will build to win at all costs which means 15 girls will barely see the field come next summer. It’s only October and the sideline has the pressure cooker feeling of a recruiting event in July. I (and several others) secretly hope for the team to lose so there is a clean sweep of the coaching staff. Good group of girls but drama drama drama.

Will be interesting to see what happens at Lax for the Cure after YJ gets rolled in the first game by Eagle Stix. Get ready for some sideline drama.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354880 11/01/21 10:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard flg never subbed the bench in vs YJ A

Which clown did you hear that from? FLG Navy plays all its players and significant minutes across the board regardless of the opponent.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354891 11/01/21 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG is a great team but that’s the last competitive game they will see for a while where that organization plays in garbage events all year.

I get the team is very good, but they are the only girls team in the organization who can catch and throw so I would recommend getting out of there before the high school years.
Well winter is on its way so you are correct there. They have played 3 top 10 teams in the last month and lost all 3 by a combined 4 goals. Not a bad stretch of competitive games. I think they’ll be ok. They are 12, happy and playing great lacrosse. If they are good enough to play at the next and if they actually want to play at the next level they will be found regardless of what club they play for.

Besides YJA do tell who the 3 top 10 teams were??
Pride and Aces Elite. Pride being the better of the 2.

Did they play head to head? My daughter's team has played both and I'd say Aces is better by a good margin. Maybe something changed in Fall?

Over summer, the final rankings were Aces #3 and Pride #10.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #354894 11/01/21 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire subs their players.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354900 11/01/21 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which clown did you hear that from? FLG Navy plays all its players and significant minutes across the board regardless of the opponent.


Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354903 11/01/21 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG is a great team but that’s the last competitive game they will see for a while where that organization plays in garbage events all year.

I get the team is very good, but they are the only girls team in the organization who can catch and throw so I would recommend getting out of there before the high school years.
Well winter is on its way so you are correct there. They have played 3 top 10 teams in the last month and lost all 3 by a combined 4 goals. Not a bad stretch of competitive games. I think they’ll be ok. They are 12, happy and playing great lacrosse. If they are good enough to play at the next and if they actually want to play at the next level they will be found regardless of what club they play for.

Besides YJA do tell who the 3 top 10 teams were??
Pride and Aces Elite. Pride being the better of the 2.

Did they play head to head? My daughter's team has played both and I'd say Aces is better by a good margin. Maybe something changed in Fall?

Over summer, the final rankings were Aces #3 and Pride #10.

As someone who has a daughter who has battled both teams many times, I can tell you for sure Aces is better. Pride is a really good team. But on their best days, Aces can be as strong as M&D, Hero's and Eagle Stix. Pride is a notch below

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354908 11/01/21 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG is a great team but that’s the last competitive game they will see for a while where that organization plays in garbage events all year.

I get the team is very good, but they are the only girls team in the organization who can catch and throw so I would recommend getting out of there before the high school years.
Well winter is on its way so you are correct there. They have played 3 top 10 teams in the last month and lost all 3 by a combined 4 goals. Not a bad stretch of competitive games. I think they’ll be ok. They are 12, happy and playing great lacrosse. If they are good enough to play at the next and if they actually want to play at the next level they will be found regardless of what club they play for.

Besides YJA do tell who the 3 top 10 teams were??
Pride and Aces Elite. Pride being the better of the 2.

Did they play head to head? My daughter's team has played both and I'd say Aces is better by a good margin. Maybe something changed in Fall?

Over summer, the final rankings were Aces #3 and Pride #10.

As someone who has a daughter who has battled both teams many times, I can tell you for sure Aces is better. Pride is a really good team. But on their best days, Aces can be as strong as M&D, Hero's and Eagle Stix. Pride is a notch below

!00% accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354922 11/01/21 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which clown did you hear that from? FLG Navy plays all its players and significant minutes across the board regardless of the opponent.


Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night

You should take your own advice. Plain and simple fact that all girls on FLG played significant minutes. Can’t say the same for YJA.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
TheBackOfTheCage #354942 11/01/21 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should take your own advice. Plain and simple fact that all girls on FLG played significant minutes. Can’t say the same for YJA.


I watched because it’s the two best clubs on LI and I even noticed FLG never subbed that game 3-5 kids stood on the sidelines but subbed against us, Flg only has one FO girl who’s really tall better hope she doesn’t miss a game she’s the offense.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354952 11/01/21 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You should take your own advice. Plain and simple fact that all girls on FLG played significant minutes. Can’t say the same for YJA.


I watched because it’s the two best clubs on LI and I even noticed FLG never subbed that game 3-5 kids stood on the sidelines but subbed against us, Flg only has one FO girl who’s really tall better hope she doesn’t miss a game she’s the offense.

What is an FO girl?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354957 11/01/21 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You should take your own advice. Plain and simple fact that all girls on FLG played significant minutes. Can’t say the same for YJA.


I watched because it’s the two best clubs on LI and I even noticed FLG never subbed that game 3-5 kids stood on the sidelines but subbed against us, Flg only has one FO girl who’s really tall better hope she doesn’t miss a game she’s the offense.
Except for the fact that 4 different girls scored the five goals for FLG.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #354962 11/01/21 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You should take your own advice. Plain and simple fact that all girls on FLG played significant minutes. Can’t say the same for YJA.


I watched because it’s the two best clubs on LI and I even noticed FLG never subbed that game 3-5 kids stood on the sidelines but subbed against us, Flg only has one FO girl who’s really tall better hope she doesn’t miss a game she’s the offense.

That’s a bit of a low blow but you’re shocked she’s not on yj, I get it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 68 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 67 68
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4