BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 144 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws had 80 kids at try out Same time as express-which was posted after outlaws set there time. 2016 Black had every kid from last summer, but one at try out, They are very loyal to there kids. Having 2nd one this week at 430 at walt Whitman high school to complete 2 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How come Express does not have the cuda team picture on its winners photo album this year?

Because they want to keep their 2016 non-cuda parents in the dark as long as possible so they don't move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't at the Outlaw tryout but one thing that I have noticed - you never see any West Islip kids at ANY club tryouts it seems. Anyone know what they are doing over there to get there kids to stay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the older H.S. kids, the case is they tend to play together in the summer. However, the recent trend for lower grades(8th grade and below)is some players are going to Express and Team 91. So much for staying with the team. Seeing this trend upsets me as a W.I. parent because I don't think we will be a stellar H.S.program in a few years. Still good and competitive, but other programs that have copied West Islip's stay together scheme such as Smithtown, Half Hollow Hills,Northport will be on par or better.Look at Three Village (Ward Melville) and Manhasset.They keep those kids together year round,both advanced and lesser skilled players. Unfortunately, some of our younger teams aren't taking advantage of all the summer tournaments right here on L.I.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many town teams that do not let their kids play travel teams (West Islip, Shoreham etc.). The coaches believe that keeping their kids together will make a better varsity team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the older H.S. kids, the case is they tend to play together in the summer. However, the recent trend for lower grades(8th grade and below)is some players are going to Express and Team 91. So much for staying with the team. Seeing this trend upsets me as a W.I. parent because I don't think we will be a stellar H.S.program in a few years. Still good and competitive, but other programs that have copied West Islip's stay together scheme such as Smithtown, Half Hollow Hills,Northport will be on par or better.Look at Three Village (Ward Melville) and Manhasset.They keep those kids together year round,both advanced and lesser skilled players. Unfortunately, some of our younger teams aren't taking advantage of all the summer tournaments right here on L.I.
That is great for the bigger programs, which all of them besides Manhasset are big schools. Most of the smaller schools don't have the commitment or the numbers to rely on the school teams. Those programs will benefit from the better kids playing with better players and better competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no more Barracuda team. It's all Express Orange now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no more Barracuda team. It's all Express Orange now.

??? They are scheduled to play a tournament in November.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep and they will go in as express orange. Express has taken over the team now and it no longer will be known as Barracudas.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to update this link...

http://npyl2.net/index.php

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The calls went out already for the Orange or "A" team. If you didn't get a call you are not on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any parent give the Express their money when the Express has proven that they will drop your kid at any moment during the season? Just a matter of time before this sham of a team implodes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny, the 'cuda uniforms had express written all over them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they make the Cudas an A team instead of AA team if they were that good. From what I understand they already had an A & B team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no more Barracudas. It's been abolished. It's all Express Orange now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they make the Cudas an A team instead of AA team if they were that good. From what I understand they already had an A & B team last year.

I guess the cudas only exist in our imaginations from now on. LOL What a mess this turned out to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best team on long island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep and they will go in as express orange. Express has taken over the team now and it no longer will be known as Barracudas.

Does anyone really know what really is going on ??? If you do I would sure like to hear from you. We were told at the tryouts that there would be an AA, A & B team for 2016 graduates. It would make sense to make the Barracudas the AA team if they are the super stars they are made out to be. Then have an A & B team like they had last year. Unless they are afraid to have them play U15 AA. Unfortunately every travel team has politics and their own agenda. If you actually check out the NYPPL site for the fall tournament that the so called non existent Barracudas are scheduled for, they are on the schedule as LI Express Barracudas U15 AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best team on long island

You must be one of the parents of a Barracuda. You can not possibly believe that the 20 kids on this team are the only talented kids on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
express will have 2 aa teams and 1 b team thats it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey , they will have 1 AA Team and any other team will be B+ at Best, DO NOT LET THEM SELL YOU THAT THEY ARE ANY BETTER THAN THAT. If you Put your kid on a 2nd team and buy that they are a A team, Shame on You!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the express will have as many teams as people pay for, even if they have 23 kids on the team. you pay you play. the good catholics couldnt possibly refuse your charitable donation.
god bless. there will be a aaa, aa, a, a+, aaaa, etc team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were calls made for all of the 2016 teams? Or just the Orange team? Is this a fact? Do you have a kid on the Orange team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously they will have an AA, A and B team if there are indeed three teams - nobody has two AAs.

Based on their track record, stay away from this program if your son doesn't make the AA team. In fact, it's probably best to stay away from the Express. Period.

Whoever heard of submitting to the egos of a bunch of kids and coaches by giving them special names like "Tenacious Turtles" and "Barracudas"? What kind of message does that send to the rest of your program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey , they will have 1 AA Team and any other team will be B+ at Best, DO NOT LET THEM SELL YOU THAT THEY ARE ANY BETTER THAN THAT. If you Put your kid on a 2nd team and buy that they are a A team, Shame on You!

Did you go to the tryouts and see what the talent was or are you just talking ? Was last years A team really a B team ? If the Barracudas are the AA team which most of those kids came from other travel teams then why would they not have another legit AA or A team ? I know for a fact that there were at least 20 kids at the tryouts from a fall league that was put together the same way the Barracudas were. Why wouldn't they be a real AA or A team ? They are a very talented group of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the express will have as many teams as people pay for, even if they have 23 kids on the team. you pay you play. the good catholics couldnt possibly refuse your charitable donation.

All travel teams do the same thing. If there are enough kids they will find coaching and make a team. It is a business and it is that simple. As long as they put them in the correct division at tournaments it should not matter. The unfortunate thing is that most parents are not truthful to their kids about their abilities. Not every kid is going to be a super stud and if they want to play let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have an older boy at st anthonys, i graduated from st anthonys. can i get my new to lacrosse younger son on the orange team. answer is, depends on how much you donated this yr. some private leassons from the puppet master doesnt hurt either. just a bit of conflict of interest there. if i pay you 70 bucks an hour for lessons times 15 lessons can my kid play on the orange team. answer is, he may need more lessons.but yes he can be on the orange team so long as i have my AA team stocked with the baracuda boys.
KEEP PAYING KEEP PLAYING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truer words were never spoken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe only the Orange 2016 team got the call so far. I don't think anyone else will get the call until everyone commits to the orange team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on the Orange call was made , email sent, and deposit date given

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe only the Orange 2016 team got the call so far. I don't think anyone else will get the call until everyone commits to the orange team.

I heard that 19 out of the 22 kids on the Orange (Cudas)team are going to St. Anthony's. It makes you think how this team was really put together before the tryouts. The Express obviously have their own agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on the Orange call was made , email sent, and deposit date given

Is he going to St. Anthony's ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to know what happened to the Barracudas, players and the parent organizers?
See post 3090

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is not and less than half have spoken about sending there boys to St. Anthonys. It is hard to say any # are going since the entrance exam has not taken place. Don't believe all you hear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is not and less than half have spoken about sending there boys to St. Anthonys. It is hard to say any # are going since the entrance exam has not taken place. Don't believe all you hear

Stop already. it is a catholic school feeder program! plain and simple. Unless of course your kid is off the charts, then they will use him to better the team. Bottom line is that if you are thinking of going to St. A's then they tell you "if you don't play here you probably won't have a good chance of playing at St. A's" (all BS! If you are great you will play anyway).If you don't plan on going to St. A's then "we are not like that, it dosn't matter we play the best kids". Either way they get your money! Hats off to them! It's America and people beleive what they want to believe! They are obviously very successful businessmen! They know that the fear of "not doing everything you possibly can for your kid" will pull you in. Most of the time they are right!Most people can't see through the BS! All the Express see is about $800-1k profit/kid. The American dream! Don't hate! It is what it is!At least you get your kid on the Under Armour Team! Its all about money and politics not who actually desrves it!It is a shame but it pays the bills!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love jack an going to miss him an his hard work .

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I heard from a parent of the orange team that 19 out of 22 told the express their kids would be going to St. Anthony's. It really doesn't matter because what the Express did was just take people's money for the tryouts. They knew thay had their AA team with the Barracudas and they had most of their A team with a group of kids from the Raiders. I am sure they filled the balance of their A team with last years Express kids and their B team as well. There was a lot of great talent at the tryouts that will not make any of the teams because of all of the politics that the Express is wrapped up in. I hope they can sleep at night.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You want to know what happened to the Barracudas, players and the parent organizers?
See post 3090

I read the post and you are absolutely correct. I have only been involved with this group for a short time and I can tell you it is only about money and St. Anthony's. They knew exactly how they were putting their 3 teams together before the tryouts.They just sucked everyone in and took their money. The sad thing is that any kid that was on the Express last year will end up on the B team. I know a kid that was on their AA team last year. They were originally going to send him to St. Anthony's and for what ever reason decided not to.The entry exam is in October (way before the summer tournaments start). He was never treated the same after that. That kid only faced off (because he was very good) and then he was taken off the field. That was the extent of his playing time. So who ever told the Express you were going to St. Anthony's that better be the case or you are history.I just can not believe the people that run this organization don't burst into flames when they walk into St. Anthony's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Jack?

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 144 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 143 144
Quick Reply