BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 73 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there tryouts for pick up teams? Don’t think my old post went through.

I’ve noticed that there are three 24 pick up teams and now a 2027 one according to the 27 thread.

I’d like to get my daughter onto one but not sure how. Do they play local only? Who runs them? What are the costs ?

I believe some of the pick up teams were started by parents and know of another started by a coach who trains girls from multiple teams. The coach’s (Tilts) team name is LI Power. I believe she has an instagram and you can maybe reach out to her for her future stuff. The fall league is almost over. Don’t know what other extra leagues/tournament they are doing? If you know of girls on a pick up team , ask them who is organizing it, and see if they need more players?

While (Tilts) offered a ‘Free’ 2024 fall team for her private clients and select others, the Jesters 2024 team had no entry and limited practices. Maybe she should pay more attention to the team she agreed to a Co-Head Coach for a salary. Only a few girls from jesters were asked to play in the fall and what do you think that does to team morale? The team could use the work and the 2 headed head coach doesn’t seem to be working when neither has the time for fall ball.
#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

Power parent here. We were openly told before our most recent game that Coach had to prioritize jesters for another opportunity our team wanted to do this winter. You really are so off in your assessment here and very transparent in thinking you're going to hurt her kids. She made it clear to us when she formed power jesters was her main priority. The kids are enjoying themselves don't be a buzz kill.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine if your whole team wasn't asked to play this is something extra that she is doing on her own time (Not Jesters time) so I am not sure why you are upset about it? If you feel your daughter needs more hit the wall, visit the track or just go shoot some balls. Don't leave it up to others to push your child some needs to come from within.

Not worth your time entertaining this person. The team has practiced every week since the beginning of september in addition to dozens of other opportunies this guy clearly isnt part of our team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve noticed that there are three 24 pick up teams and now a 2027 one according to the 27 thread.

I’d like to get my daughter onto one but not sure how. Do they play local only? Who runs them? What are the costs ?

I believe some of the pick up teams were started by parents and know of another started by a coach who trains girls from multiple teams. The coach’s (Tilts) team name is LI Power. I believe she has an instagram and you can maybe reach out to her for her future stuff. The fall league is almost over. Don’t know what other extra leagues/tournament they are doing? If you know of girls on a pick up team , ask them who is organizing it, and see if they need more players?

While (Tilts) offered a ‘Free’ 2024 fall team for her private clients and select others, the Jesters 2024 team had no entry and limited practices. Maybe she should pay more attention to the team she agreed to a Co-Head Coach for a salary. Only a few girls from jesters were asked to play in the fall and what do you think that does to team morale? The team could use the work and the 2 headed head coach doesn’t seem to be working when neither has the time for fall ball.
#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

We versed them with our YJ team during fall ball. The majority of that team is jesters I believe, as is the lightning team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

We were asked about fall ball and couldn't do it because there are too many girls playing varsity sports. If you were part of the team you'd know she reached out to us through our team chat. It is also ironic you think the coaches don't care when they placed us into an extra fall tournament and have led film studies, team meetings, three team bonding events, play books with animations, a conditioning and drill plan for outside of practice, a scrimmge, and three recruiting zooms on their own time. We are a family that didn't play fall league because we couldn't and no one is upset. We have gotten more this year than we ever have but we appreciate your concern.

Didn't you guys also do weight lifting? It saw the 24 teams were tagged on the GLE instagram and on coaches pages but not other aged groups so assuming it was only that group of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

We were asked about fall ball and couldn't do it because there are too many girls playing varsity sports. If you were part of the team you'd know she reached out to us through our team chat. It is also ironic you think the coaches don't care when they placed us into an extra fall tournament and have led film studies, team meetings, three team bonding events, play books with animations, a conditioning and drill plan for outside of practice, a scrimmge, and three recruiting zooms on their own time. We are a family that didn't play fall league because we couldn't and no one is upset. We have gotten more this year than we ever have but we appreciate your concern.

Seems like either someone is pretending to be part of your team or isn't taking advantage of opportunities

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

Seems like either someone is pretending to be part of your team or isn't taking advantage of opportunities

In reality it’s probably a coach or director from another program trying to start rumors. Not on either team and you can see right through it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

In reality it’s probably a coach or director from another program trying to start rumors. Not on either team and you can see right through it.

The pettiness of some people is so amusing clearly your kid is on a cruddy team and is trying to bring down a team that has no impact on your life

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sometimes coaches want to play varying competition levels. I would not put too much into a team playing in a division and facing a wider range of competition. Some college coaches like to see
how kids do against varying competition as well. Finally, the coaches get a final say when the schedule come out if they want to move or try to pivot to a different division. Requests are not always honored but I think the tournaments do a good job of trying to accommodate reasonable requests.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pick up teams are awesome. If you aren’t on one you should be. Don’t be bitter, get better.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As far as I know.....They do not matter in sense that there is nothing done with them, no awards, no use other than to give folks an idea of how competitive teams are. IMHO the algorithm used is as good as any basic algo and actually does a pretty decent job getting the teams in a reasonable, albeit not perfect order. I would say it is similar to saying to 200 kids, line up by height and stopping the process after the 1st 45 seconds. Generally speaking, I believe all teams in top 50 are within ~10 spots of where they should be, the 50-100 within ~15 spots, and the 100-150 within ~25 spots. Its anyone's guess on the last 50-70 teams, many of these teams do not have a good representative sampling of games played. You can click on the team and see all the scores as well as click one more time to see what he team they played was ranked. I am pretty sure the algorithm has only been in use for the last season Nov-July for the most part. It looks like they are re-setting and starting up fresh starting in Nov. 2021. Overall I give these rankings an A- for their 1st go around and honestly I don't think it necessarily needs may changes. Maybe a tweak or two to help dial in the 50-150 teams and something that takes in to account a team playing the same team within a week (at same tourney) - maybe average the scores or something.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SAT1234
Sometimes coaches want to play varying competition levels. I would not put too much into a team playing in a division and facing a wider range of competition. Some college coaches like to see
how kids do against varying competition as well. Finally, the coaches get a final say when the schedule come out if they want to move or try to pivot to a different division. Requests are not always honored but I think the tournaments do a good job of trying to accommodate reasonable requests.

I think it’s more so like weaker teams vs stronger teams with wide gaps. Games should be within a few goals

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would disagree with this, i responded to another post. That may have been case years ago. The current algorithm they are using, (i don't thin they actually starting using one until Nov. 2020) is pretty accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Long Island Power fall ball? And I think 95% of team is Jesters or recently acquired Jesters that came the HS that she coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those rankings don't mean much. They don't consider the brackets that the teams play. Some of the teams that were ranked ridiculously higher then others be played in the lowest of brackets. While some of the teames ranked lower on the list played in top tier brackets played teams M&D Black, Skywalkers top team, CT Grizzlies , Monster, etc. I get that you're talking about LI teams, but as a whole you must consider where they would be ranked In the real world of lacrosse. Just something to to think about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those rankings don't mean much. They don't consider the brackets that the teams play. Some of the teams that were ranked ridiculously higher then others be played in the lowest of brackets. While some of the teames ranked lower on the list played in top tier brackets played teams M&D Black, Skywalkers top team, CT Grizzlies , Monster, etc. I get that you're talking about LI teams, but as a whole you must consider where they would be ranked In the real world of lacrosse. Just something to to think about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone how the Tilts Jesters do in fall ball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Power finished 2nd to last place with an 0-3-2 record according to Tourney machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn’t do fall ball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Power finished 2nd to last place with an 0-3-2 record according to Tourney machine.

Seems like they tied a few teams. I don’t think it really matters though. The purpose of a pick up team isn’t really their record since they’re not a club. I think it’s more so just to get kids reps with players they don’t play with. I think if it was a town team or club team whose stats you were looking at it be a little different. Kids who have never been in a game together playing strong highschool and club teams is more about the field time rather than the score IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters didn’t do fall ball. According to an earlier post too many kids with highschool sports commitments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that regardless of the bracket the algorithm takes into account prior teams rankings. If you look into how it actually ranks, it makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

We versed them with our YJ team during fall ball. The majority of that team is jesters I believe, as is the lightning team.

FYI, the majority of the Lightning pick up team is not Jesters. There are girls from multiple LI clubs on that team. Jesters, Legacy, YJs, Liberty, LaxOn , that I know of. It’s great to see girls from multiple LI teams coming together and bonding, playing and supporting each other!! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They probably meant the league that was a pick up?? They had that new Jester coach?
It was addressed above 0-3-2 it was Jesters LI Power.
Never heard of Lightning. Were they good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're probably right. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO the girls should play with girls from they're own team for morale building and extra reps together. It only makes sense and as someone mentioned probably is going to be a morale killer and yet another reason for parents to complain. They find reasons to complain enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's my understanding that Tilts doesn't do much for free. Shakes the parents from her own team and other teams for C grade or training that is meant for girls 5 years younger. Kiddie training. $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts = $ grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's my understanding that Tilts doesn't do much for free. Shakes the parents from her own team and other teams for C grade or training that is meant for girls 5 years younger. Kiddie training. $$$

As a parent who has their kid consistently with her it isn’t kiddie training at all. There’s a reason college coaches and other known trainers and her have a rapport. Maybe just an opinion, but then again so is yours. She trains a small handful of kids from her team, and many of the new players on jesters followed her from other programs to jesters because they love training with her. If you send her to your training and don’t like it no harm no foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts = $ grab

Her training is literally under $30 and she trains kids for free whose families can’t afford it mine being one of them. She picked my daughter up out of a very dark place with the sport. She was ready to quit due to bad experiences with previous school and travel coaches. Sam got through to her and continued training her for free when we couldn’t afford it. It’s so sad to see someone who clearly has something to gain by starting rumors about her. If you’ve never worked with her you really have no idea how much she cares about these kids and gives her all to them. It’s taken us 15 years of our kids life to find a coach who inspires her so whatever vendetta you have please keep it to yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO the girls should play with girls from they're own team for morale building and extra reps together. It only makes sense and as someone mentioned probably is going to be a morale killer and yet another reason for parents to complain. They find reasons to complain enough.

These pick up teams definitely can cause animosity if you act your daughters age. Any chance to play is a good one in my book. It doesn’t hurt anyone to get your kid more reps. I’m sure if you know the lightning or power coaches and simply ask if they need subs they’ll gladly take you. If you’re a parent whose being a sour laxers that they didn’t get pulled to a pick up team you have bigger problemos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

FYI, the majority of the Lightning pick up team is not Jesters. There are girls from multiple LI clubs on that team. Jesters, Legacy, YJs, Liberty, LaxOn , that I know of. It’s great to see girls from multiple LI teams coming together and bonding, playing and supporting each other!! smile

Power is Jesters, legacy, top guns, 91, empire, and YJ Kildare. Tribe is yellow jackets and jesters mostly. Lightning as mentioned above is also a mix. It’s great for these girls to learn to play with others to really grow their skills!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

Power is Jesters, legacy, top guns, 91, empire, and YJ Kildare. Tribe is yellow jackets and jesters mostly. Lightning as mentioned above is also a mix. It’s great for these girls to learn to play with others to really grow their skills!

Come on now we know whoever is replying trying to say it’s no good is a coach who has kids on those teams whose threatened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#ConflictofInterest
#HavingRegrets

Sorry-Most of this is inaccurate..
Pickup teams are a mix of many teams but
Not many Jesters represented.. Maybe a few? But other clubs represented much more frequently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They probably meant the league that was a pick up?? They had that new Jester coach?
It was addressed above 0-3-2 it was Jesters LI Power.
Never heard of Lightning. Were they good?

Still are good, Lightning is in the playoffs! Yes, the power team was coached by Tilts. The new 24s Jesters coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These pick up teams definitely can cause animosity if you act your daughters age. Any chance to play is a good one in my book. It doesn’t hurt anyone to get your kid more reps. I’m sure if you know the lightning or power coaches and simply ask if they need subs they’ll gladly take you. If you’re a parent whose being a sour laxers that they didn’t get pulled to a pick up team you have bigger problemos

Also, their club teams don’t necessarily do these extra things. Nothing wrong with girls playing extra stuff on pick up teams for extra training if they are asked and club not doing. Great opportunity for them!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts = $ grab

Her training is literally under $30 and she trains kids for free whose families can’t afford it mine being one of them. She picked my daughter up out of a very dark place with the sport. She was ready to quit due to bad experiences with previous school and travel coaches. Sam got through to her and continued training her for free when we couldn’t afford it. It’s so sad to see someone who clearly has something to gain by starting rumors about her. If you’ve never worked with her you really have no idea how much she cares about these kids and gives her all to them. It’s taken us 15 years of our kids life to find a coach who inspires her so whatever vendetta you have please keep it to yourself.

Agreed. These people are insane. I myself, as a prev club coach, boys coach and former D1 player. Samantha Tilts has been nothing but a model leader. On, and off the field. It is obvious that there are those on here with a grudge against her. For one reason or another. The only way they think they can get back at her is by hiding on here anonymously, with false claims and absurd narratives. Sad actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, their club teams don’t necessarily do these extra things. Nothing wrong with girls playing extra stuff on pick up teams for extra training if they are asked and club not doing. Great opportunity for them!!!

Completely agree. I’m sure that if someone also wanted to do a pickup team their coach was doing they would just need to ask. The people on here saying otherwise have alterior motives don’t be fooled

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts = $ grab

Agreed. These people are insane. I myself, as a prev club coach, boys coach and former D1 player. Samantha Tilts has been nothing but a model leader. On, and off the field. It is obvious that there are those on here with a grudge against her. For one reason or another. The only way they think they can get back at her is by hiding on here anonymously, with false claims and absurd narratives. Sad actually.
Tilts = $ grab

What’s sad is that you are doing more posting lies on here about yourself than actual coaching. Reputations are made over time based on field success and not the lies you tell them on Back of the Cage.
Please stop talking about yourself and badmouthing others over and over. The only one attempting to change their narrative is you.
Sorry-The bashing of other clubs in the hopes that their players will come to you isn’t going to work. Posing as parents to talk about yourself or bad mouth another club is beyond ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely agree. I’m sure that if someone also wanted to do a pickup team their coach was doing they would just need to ask. The people on here saying otherwise have alterior motives don’t be fooled

Not only that, but anyone can form a pick up team to do this extra stuff. They don’t have to wait for coaches. Find some like minded parents and kids who want to do more than their team is offering… go for it. No use complaining about others doing it. Great opportunity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts = $ grab

Tilts = $ grab

What’s sad is that you are doing more posting lies on here about yourself than actual coaching. Reputations are made over time based on field success and not the lies you tell them on Back of the Cage.
Please stop talking about yourself and badmouthing others over and over. The only one attempting to change their narrative is you.
Sorry-The bashing of other clubs in the hopes that their players will come to you isn’t going to work. Posing as parents to talk about yourself or bad mouth another club is beyond ridiculous.

I am not a coach and I am a parent. My post also says nothing about other clubs. Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your child like behavior is on you

Page 22 of 73 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard