BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Still baffles me that some grown adults on this forum still have a hard time grasping the concept of "rankings." We are all are constantly ranked through out life since birth. it's not a new concept. In school, at work, financially, etc. Now take this concept, apply it to sports, and voiala! Some people are better at things than other people. This is a simple fact. There are girls who are just better than your daughter. more talented and naturally gifted. sooner you accept this, the better off you'll be. Just because your daughter isn't ranked amongst the best doesn't render the rankings "meaningless." Rankings are based on observations and current data. Can someone emerge from nowhere and ascend? ofcourse. can those who are ranked fall? yes they can. it's not an exact science. this is a literal fact of life. choosing one extreme to try and make a point is redundant. Instead of tearing down those who are deserving of their rankings based on their PERFORMANCE, congratulate them and use it as a lesson to motivate your child to get better.

No, the rankings are meaningless, there are always some real head scratchers, most of the players will disappear at the next level, many are only ranked because of connections, they are a joke, there are many deserving players who were not ranked.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people just want to talk down to people or find conflict. Try being informative and nice your kids learn by your example. The comment was “if you chose a school for lacrosse prestige it is not wise “UNLESS” you are choosing a lacrosse coaching or teaching career! Meaning of corse everyone wants to be trained by a lacrosse icon….in that case look at the top ranked. Never was it said that career was below anyone- why was that was your assumption. 100% those are awesome careers that make people happy and that is what is important! Point was just because a girl doesn't go to One of the too 20 schools doesn't mean she wasn't good enough or offered. It means maybe with her financial position it was not the right choice for her and her future career what ever that is. People here assume if the girl isnt committing to a top lacrosse school she was not able or good enough and that is just not always the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it seem that over the last 2 weeks there have been commits basically everyday but very few from Long Island? I know it's early in the process but it is a bit concerning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this chatter about rankings, I have always wondered how the UA All American teams are formed. Aren't they based on the top 50 girls in the Country? Is that based on UA rankings from doing their events or an unbiased evaluation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all of this chatter about rankings, I have always wondered how the UA All American teams are formed. Aren't they based on the top 50 girls in the Country? Is that based on UA rankings from doing their events or an unbiased evaluation?

In the past, there was definitely a correlation between the Inside Lacrosse Young Gun Senior Rankings and Under Armour Senior All Americans. IL evaluated players on the Summer Club Circuit and at Under Armour Underclass Games. They primarily watched the top club teams at the most competitive tournaments. If a player was not on one of the top teams playing in the most competitive tournaments they were definitely at a disadvantage but if they played in the Underclass Games and stood out I’m sure it helped. When you look back , IL, UA and CS have done an excellent job.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it seem that over the last 2 weeks there have been commits basically everyday but very few from Long Island? I know it's early in the process but it is a bit concerning.
Why is that concerning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA All American is a joke and has lost all credibility over the years. Someone who has played in every UA underclass every year since eligible, never even made the watchlist (2 different classes). But yet someone who only played in one underclass tournament made the watchlist. The girl who played every year was obviously good to make the team every year (right?), but isn't good enough to make the watchlist? Seems strange, doesn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The UA All American is a joke and has lost all credibility over the years. Someone who has played in every UA underclass every year since eligible, never even made the watchlist (2 different classes). But yet someone who only played in one underclass tournament made the watchlist. The girl who played every year was obviously good to make the team every year (right?), but isn't good enough to make the watchlist? Seems strange, doesn't it?

Please stop. There are close to 300 players in each division (highlight & command), Just because a player makes one of the regional teams does not make her one of the best 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop. There are close to 300 players in each division (highlight & command), Just because a player makes one of the regional teams does not make her one of the best 50.
How are you not the "best" if you have played in every hightlight & command team, but aren't good enough for even the UA watchlist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are you not the "best" if you have played in every hightlight & command team, but aren't good enough for even the UA watchlist?

As the post above stated, there are close to 300 girls who play in the underclass games in each Division. They all can’t make the watch list. I’m not sure why you don’t understand that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the post above stated, there are close to 300 girls who play in the underclass games in each Division. They all can’t make the watch list. I’m not sure why you don’t understand that.
You are missing the point, but....oh well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing the point, but....oh well

Nobody is missing the point. You somehow believe that because a player played on an underclass team multiple times she must be on the watch list. That is simply not the case, please explain what we are missing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have missed some commitments then. There has been a steady stream of commitments from Long Island girls. We should all be very proud of them. I would also point out that in the first month majority of the commitments or else Long Island. It was The Maryland people that we’re getting nervous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ID event was a great opportunity for many of the girls to have FUN, and many of the girls that my daughter spoke/texted with had a great time. Not everything has to be directly tied to rankings/recruiting/exposure, although each of those things can and do benefit certain players. The reality is that some excellant players will be overlooked and not necessarily receive all of the attention/accolades that their skill level deserves, while other perhaps lessor players may get more exposure based on connections/program/etc. This is no different from any other sport, and really no different from how the real world works......some get more than they deserve and others less. I for one value the component of "fun" in these events and think it is a valuable piece of the experience; I hope my daughter continues to play for her love of the sport and for the fun she has playing it for her remaining high school years and beyond. I think those players that have the ability to keep their competitive fires buring while maintianing their love and enjoyment of the sport are best suited to get the most out of their experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA has stated that the only way to be on the watchlist is to have played in the UA underclass games. There are players who only played this past year that are on the list over current 5 star 2022's and the only reason they made the UA team is because the coach was their club coach. UA became a complete joke 5 years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that concerning?
Umm...maybe because so many have already committed? Two NY girls commit to every one girl from somewhere else, including Jersey and MD. MD and Jersey should be ashamed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA has stated that the only way to be on the watchlist is to have played in the UA underclass games. There are players who only played this past year that are on the list over current 5 star 2022's and the only reason they made the UA team is because the coach was their club coach. UA became a complete joke 5 years ago

And with American Select, many of the top girls did not even attend UA. How will they put together a top ranked team without including them. Will be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that concerning?
Umm...maybe because so many have already committed? Two NY girls commit to every one girl from somewhere else, including Jersey and MD. MD and Jersey should be ashamed!

Maybe 20 Long Island players have committed to the Top 15 - 20 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not know UA put out a watch list, where did you see it?

When you say UA has been a Joke for 5 years, are you talking about the underclass games or the UA Senior All Americans?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have missed some commitments then. There has been a steady stream of commitments from Long Island girls. We should all be very proud of them. I would also point out that in the first month majority of the commitments or else Long Island. It was The Maryland people that we’re getting nervous

Are you responding to a specific post?

Please explain what your you are trying to say with the following gibberish: "I would also point out that in the first month majority of the commitments or else Long Island."

Many Long Island Parents are delusional, they pound their chest and believe they know all. They try to tear down anyone and everyone who receives more attention, accolades or recognition than their daughter. They belittle events, , rankings, teams etc... if their daughter is not selected or recognized. They believe that if their daughter plays on one of the stronger Long Island Club teams that they she is an elite player when in fact only a small number are actually are high end athletes/players. When other players are recognized as being better than their daughter by UA, IL, AS, College Coaches etc... they blame it on connections, friends and family, club directors, politics, $$$ etc... The same story every year, bla bla bla... it's all very predictable. Not sure if it's funny or sad.

Looks like the college coaches at the very best programs have a different opinion of just who the best players are. There are players from all over the country committed to the best programs with only about 20 from Long Island. Now we will hear the parents spew their nonsense and try to justify why their daughter choose not to go to one of the traditional powers.... The fact is that most never received any offers from the best programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain what your you are trying to say with the following gibberish: "I would also point out that in the first month majority of the commitments or else Long Island."

Many Long Island Parents are delusional, they pound their chest and believe they know all. They try to tear down anyone and everyone who receives more attention, accolades or recognition than their daughter. They belittle events, , rankings, teams etc... if their daughter is not selected or recognized. They believe that if their daughter plays on one of the stronger Long Island Club teams that they she is an elite player when in fact only a small number are actually are high end athletes/players. When other players are recognized as being better than their daughter by UA, IL, AS, College Coaches etc... they blame it on connections, friends and family, club directors, politics, $$$ etc... The same story every year, bla bla bla... it's all very predictable. Not sure if it's funny or sad.

Looks like the college coaches at the very best programs have a different opinion of just who the best players are. There are players from all over the country committed to the best programs with only about 20 from Long Island. Now we will hear the parents spew their nonsense and try to justify why their daughter choose not to go to one of the traditional powers.... The fact is that most never received any offers from the best programs.

You sound very jealous. The actual facts are that LI girls are #1 tier recruits at BC,ND, Cuse, Duke, Stanford, Georgetown, UNC, Virginia, Florida. Sounds like you’re delusional. Who exactly is complaining?? My daughter will attend her 1st choice school, so I can say I am very pleased how things worked out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound very jealous. The actual facts are that LI girls are #1 tier recruits at BC,ND, Cuse, Duke, Stanford, Georgetown, UNC, Virginia, Florida. Sounds like you’re delusional. Who exactly is complaining?? My daughter will attend her 1st choice school, so I can say I am very pleased how things worked out.

Not jealous at all, just pointing out reality. We here constantly from the LI parents about all of the rankings, teams, events are all BS, Political, a Joke, Pay to Play etc... and how there are so many more deserving players etc... Now we see as we do every year there are actually relatively few elite Long Island players. The college coaches at the best programs have spoken. Rest assured that there are a lot of LI parents who believed that their daughter would be receiving offers from some of the best programs and they did not. I would also bet that there were a lot who believed the Ivy's would be offering as well but it doesn't look like that happened either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not jealous at all, just pointing out reality. We here constantly from the LI parents about all of the rankings, teams, events are all BS, Political, a Joke, Pay to Play etc... and how there are so many more deserving players etc... Now we see as we do every year there are actually relatively few elite Long Island players. The college coaches at the best programs have spoken. Rest assured that there are a lot of LI parents who believed that their daughter would be receiving offers from some of the best programs and they did not. I would also bet that there were a lot who believed the Ivy's would be offering as well but it doesn't look like that happened either.

The best LI girls were snatched up quickly, I really can't think of too many surprises. I don't think your comments are accurate at all. When I look at the LI girls who committed to the top programs, it is exactly how I thought it would be. There may be a few that I thought might have committed to a better school, but not many. I would say that the top girls all had their choice of several great schools, including Ivies, and picked the school that they wanted. They will all be ranked within the top 50 as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best LI girls were snatched up quickly, I really can't think of too many surprises. I don't think your comments are accurate at all. When I look at the LI girls who committed to the top programs, it is exactly how I thought it would be. There may be a few that I thought might have committed to a better school, but not many. I would say that the top girls all had their choice of several great schools, including Ivies, and picked the school that they wanted. They will all be ranked within the top 50 as well

You are missing his point. I don’t think anyone said no Long Island players would go to the best programs. Just that there are many who believe there daughters are elite when in fact they are not as is evident by the very limited amount going to the best programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing his point. I don’t think anyone said no Long Island players would go to the best programs. Just that there are many who believe there daughters are elite when in fact they are not as is evident by the very limited amount going to the best programs.

I'm not missing the point. The best girls are going to the best programs. Long Island is well represented. No different from other years. People know is their daughter is elite or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that concerning?
MD & Jersey should be ashamed? What in the world are you talking about?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does any of this matter? Get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone who’s daughter plays lacrosse cares about this. Why do you think I spent 5 years on the Jersey turnpike?? If there was no prize at the end of the tunnel would have put efforts elsewhere. Trust me, it matters, a lot! Like life changing a lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone who’s daughter plays lacrosse cares about this. Why do you think I spent 5 years on the Jersey turnpike?? If there was no prize at the end of the tunnel would have put efforts elsewhere. Trust me, it matters, a lot! Like life changing a lot!
All that matters is after all their hard work, they find a home THEY are happy with. At the end of the day, the rankings don’t matter. At the end of the day, where they play doesn’t matter. What matters at the end of the day….is that your daughter is happy & playing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprised. CH is the total package. Maybe the best highlight tape i've ever seen in the womens game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised about the Colorado Goalie either. There was a long discussion on this forum a few weeks ago about her and some didn't think she was all that. She is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy Leagues are filling up - hearing most of them are taking maximum of 9, maybe less. Princeton may have spots still, unless they are going super small, which may be the case due to the number of girls who took a year off. Supposedly Penn is only taking 7.
Space at the bottom. I'd go to Brown Harvard or Columbia if they want me to play lacrosse! LOL.

Princeton - 6
Penn - 7
Dartmouth - 9
Yale - 8
Cornell - 6
Brown - 4
Harvard - 5
Columbia - 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ivy Leagues are filling up - hearing most of them are taking maximum of 9, maybe less. Princeton may have spots still, unless they are going super small, which may be the case due to the number of girls who took a year off. Supposedly Penn is only taking 7.
Space at the bottom. I'd go to Brown Harvard or Columbia if they want me to play lacrosse! LOL.

Princeton - 6
Penn - 7
Dartmouth - 9
Yale - 8
Cornell - 6
Brown - 4
Harvard - 5
Columbia - 4

I think 8 - 9 is normal for Ivy’s … some may go light because they technically have an extra class of kids playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t Harvard beat Yale by 10 goals last time they played?

Princeton - 6
Penn - 7
Dartmouth - 9
Yale - 8
Cornell - 6
Brown - 4
Harvard - 5
Columbia - 4

I think 8 - 9 is normal for Ivy’s … some may go light because they technically have an extra class of kids playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Princeton - 6
Penn - 7
Dartmouth - 9
Yale - 8
Cornell - 6
Brown - 4
Harvard - 5
Columbia - 4

Didn’t Harvard beat Yale by 10 last time they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Princeton - 6
Penn - 7
Dartmouth - 9
Yale - 8
Cornell - 6
Brown - 4
Harvard - 5
Columbia - 4

Didn’t Harvard beat Yale by 10 last time they played?

Is there a point to your post?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m starting to get a few winter camp apps for ‘23s.
A few schools passed on us after September camps and they’re sending mass emails out- understood.
Are these schools just spamming the 23s? Are these clinics for the 24s. I’m not giving in and paying again to be seen in a camp with 100 kids.
Are any of these schools attending the November tourneys? Are the Nov tourneys just a waste as well and not attended by nearly as many coaches as the summer tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m starting to get a few winter camp apps for ‘23s.
A few schools passed on us after September camps and they’re sending mass emails out- understood.
Are these schools just spamming the 23s? Are these clinics for the 24s. I’m not giving in and paying again to be seen in a camp with 100 kids.
Are any of these schools attending the November tourneys? Are the Nov tourneys just a waste as well and not attended by nearly as many coaches as the summer tourneys?

The November tournaments will be very important for '23s still looking for a home. Esspecially the Mid Atlantic and President's cup in Dallas. You can go on their websites and see the lists of coaches who have reported that they will be attending. I would definitly keep reaching out to them to express interest, and let them know when/where your daughter will be playing, and why your daughter is a good fit for their program. The coaches will also begin to look at some of their top '24 prospects. As for the camps, they will be well attended, and I would suspect that about half the girls attending will be '24s, as well as girls who are already committed to those schools. If your daughter can play well and be competitive with their recruits, I would think she would have a shot at being recruited. She needs to stand out in both the fall tounaments, and the camps. Good luck!

Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard