BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 78 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 77 78
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it fair to say the Philly market has enough talent to only support two elite programs per grad year? I’m not real familiar with the 23 and 24 groups. 25’ has Triple H and Team Ten. 26’ is a bit different because of Tigers but Freedom and NXT are in the mix. RR was in the conversation at 26’ but seems to be falling apart as a whole in Phila. Now that the 27 RR team has completely fallen apart and it’s players spread out to a number of different clubs will it make other clubs that much better? Basically is the Philly area too watered down with too many clubs?

There are so many clubs around Philly that it could be watered down. 2027 Team Ten appears to have scooped up most of the 27 RR talent so they should be dominate in this area but will probably lose to most of the elite MD teams. The area has talent but maybe most players/parents/coaches avoid forming super teams (Hawks ect) as it is not beneficial to the development of each player. Not much benefit of being a 4th line middie or 5th long pole on a team if your not playing

Come on pal stop equating development and losing. Teams that have developed players win. Teams that lose are not developed.
Philly isn't as good as MD and LI in lax. There is no shame in it, just a simple fact. LI doesn't nothing but play lax, it's what kids are born to play there. They stink at football, basketball, soccer and any other sport played by many kids. If we got all of football and hoops stars playing lax at a young age it would be different and progress has been made but it is still a far cry from MD an LI overall.

So what it boils down to is this, to 90% of the clubs in Philly lacrosse is a “seasonal” sport. Football, hoops, hockey all take away from player development in our area. Also, I’ve heard rec/township lacrosse is a factor that holds clubs back in Philly. Would clubs benefit from starting practice in March rather than stepping aside to rec leagues and not starting practice until April or May in some cases?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what it boils down to is this, to 90% of the clubs in Philly lacrosse is a “seasonal” sport. Football, hoops, hockey all take away from player development in our area. Also, I’ve heard rec/township lacrosse is a factor that holds clubs back in Philly. Would clubs benefit from starting practice in March rather than stepping aside to rec leagues and not starting practice until April or May in some cases?
As a former college and pro lacrosse player, I sincerely hope PA doesn’t lose the rec leagues. The best thing about lax in our area is boys playing with their local friends every spring. Who cares if your club team goes 3-2 instead of 2-3 at NAL or NLF? My best memories of youth lax are at the club level and I hope my boys get to have the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? It is great that kids around Philly play multiple sports. Lax scholarships are far and few between so let them play football and hoops where they can get money for college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To each their own. Do what you or your kid wants. Embrace philly lax success when it comes. I played college lacrosse as did my two older girls and son are D 1. They played for the best local club teams and those clubs had the best coaches, most practices, and played against the best. Their coaches developed them and their teams and they won a lot. The team stayed together and it was the team success that drove recruiting. Don’t listen to marketing spin, the coaches with the track record and battle tested with wins and resume are the ones to get on and hold on to go the distance. Don’t fall for the bs, the best kids want to play and stay together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? It is great that kids around Philly play multiple sports. Lax scholarships are far and few between so let them play football and hoops where they can get money for college

yes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 28 is very good.
Freedom 28 is very good.

For now, just remember Freedom, as a club, tried to trademark the term “daddy ball”, this team is definitely no different. Half of the roster is either from way out of the area or is playing up a year, be surprised if they hold it together much longer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t you a ray of sunshine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former college and pro lacrosse player, I sincerely hope PA doesn’t lose the rec leagues. The best thing about lax in our area is boys playing with their local friends every spring. Who cares if your club team goes 3-2 instead of 2-3 at NAL or NLF? My best memories of youth lax are at the club level and I hope my boys get to have the same.

Considering your age, this means you were not a very good player..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering your age, this means you were not a very good player..[/quote]

Despite him saying he played D1 and pro? I thought the PA forum was to encourage each other and not be like all of the Maryland psychos…. Be better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For now, just remember Freedom, as a club, tried to trademark the term “daddy ball”, this team is definitely no different. Half of the roster is either from way out of the area or is playing up a year, be surprised if they hold it together much longer[/quote]

Not many choices for those Mannheim boys, maybe they like their team and they will stay together. Freedom is a good club to represent the area and the 28…. I wish them well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For now, just remember Freedom, as a club, tried to trademark the term “daddy ball”, this team is definitely no different. Half of the roster is either from way out of the area or is playing up a year, be surprised if they hold it together much longer

Not many choices for those Mannheim boys, maybe they like their team and they will stay together. Freedom is a good club to represent the area and the 28…. I wish them well[/quote]

Not understanding the context of this statement....are you saying Freedom plays "Daddy ball" (plays their own kids) and a team from Manheim also plays "Daddy ball"? Also, is this for the 2028 team? Sorry....I am completely lost on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT was just acquired by 3 Step. Any idea how that might change the Philly lacrosse landscape?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 3 step just acquire the Annapolis hawks too??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they seem to be aggressively expanding their footprint in both teams and event organizers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they seem to be aggressively expanding their footprint in both teams and event organizers.
They are looking to acquire Sandstorm as well. The event in CA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are looking to acquire Sandstorm as well. The event in CA.

With this kind of consolidation, will club lacrosse turn into the mess that we see in baseball? This can't be good for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT was just acquired by 3 Step. Any idea how that might change the Philly lacrosse landscape?
Won't change much if anything. All the value is in running tournaments and other events. People way overvalue how much these organizations make off the actual team fees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Won't change much if anything. All the value is in running tournaments and other events. People way overvalue how much these organizations make off the actual team fees.
If one company runs a significant number of tournaments, they set the rules and price structure. Consolidation does matter. Not at the club team level, but certainly in the one area that supports and influences every club - competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on the club teams cant get worser than they is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on the club teams cant get worser than they is

Kind of like your grasp of the English language

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse is getting ridiculous. I am watching players take horrible shots, taking on 3 guys, and not passing in order to get a highlight reel. Daddy is in the car telling them to take shots before the game. Clubs are dumping kids and picking up others mid season. There is less development. have never seen it so bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club lacrosse is getting ridiculous. I am watching players take horrible shots, taking on 3 guys, and not passing in order to get a highlight reel. Daddy is in the car telling them to take shots before the game. Clubs are dumping kids and picking up others mid season. There is less development. have never seen it so bad.

Boy I sure hope you’re not a 2030 parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way....2029. smile Perhaps its the growth of lacrosse and club teams taking on marginal players who don't understand ball movement at the "older" level. That is what I am getting at....You have 5th through 7th graders and the best athlete on the field can still take it to the goal on any given possession. You start playing 8th through 11th grade....those days are over. Defenders and zone play will eat you up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way....2029. smile Perhaps its the growth of lacrosse and club teams taking on marginal players who don't understand ball movement at the "older" level. That is what I am getting at....You have 5th through 7th graders and the best athlete on the field can still take it to the goal on any given possession. You start playing 8th through 11th grade....those days are over. Defenders and zone play will eat you up.

Here is the solution for you, hold your kid back than send him to private school and re-class him so he can be a 16 year old freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the solution for you, hold your kid back than send him to private school and re-class him so he can be a 16 year old freshman.

Yep, all so he can get a shot at a 5% scholarship to Delaware or Monmouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny...I have a 15 yr old sophomore at private school. He is holding his own athletically and we hope that he takes advantage of the INCREDIBLE education we are providing. Sports may be his ticket to an elite school...maybe not. Either way - totally worth it. #theyhateyoubecausetheyarenotyou

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree MP #staypublic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are playing against teams and in leagues where kids of this age can just take it to the goal on any given possession - then these kids aren’t very good. Perhaps you could find some more competitive lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just it....they can't at the older level, but it does not stop them from trying anyway. They still think they are the "big" 5'7 135 pound 7th grader who can go straight to the net. Now they are the "small" 10th grader and have not developed their lacrosse IQ. Your comment about finding better competition is silly. We are talking about club lacrosse and the lack of development of players to play a "team" game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just it....they can't at the older level, but it does not stop them from trying anyway. They still think they are the "big" 5'7 135 pound 7th grader who can go straight to the net. Now they are the "small" 10th grader and have not developed their lacrosse IQ. Your comment about finding better competition is silly. We are talking about club lacrosse and the lack of development of players to play a "team" game.
Not sure what team/level is being discussed, but I have a '26 and a '27 and I don't see kids going to goal on any given possession regardless of size/skill. There are some great athletes for sure but its been at least 2 years since kids could single handedly carry teams from what I've seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it’s not silly. Your thought was poorly articulated.

You said athletic kids could just “take it to the goal.”

If that’s happening in middle school - then yes the kids aren’t very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What years/levels does Team Money field these days?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know why Brotherly Love 2025 missed NAL? They were registered at one time, but disappeared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the kids play for team 10, so tough to field a team when it’s not really a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm really tired of reading about holdbacks and whether or not MIAA or LI rules.

Is this the year EA claims the InterAc or does THS and MP duke it out in the end?

Does Radnor continue with their dominance or does Lemieux figure something out like he always does? Rest of central league doesn't appear to have much to show.

Salesianum, ANC and Lasalle all have loaded rosters and transfers.

What say you Philly peeps?!

I need some lunch time fun...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait your bored on the MD and LI boards but want to discuss EA and MP? No thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm really tired of reading about holdbacks and whether or not MIAA or LI rules.

Is this the year EA claims the InterAc or does THS and MP duke it out in the end?

Does Radnor continue with their dominance or does Lemieux figure something out like he always does? Rest of central league doesn't appear to have much to show.

Haverford School the favorite. They are very deep and classes at all years pretty strong, but all above solid programs and loaded with talent. Will be competitive year in Philadelphia area. ANC offers boarding so will keep getting stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt it will be Haverford and MP as the top 2 in the area. Malvern lost so much talent but I am sure they have enough in the pipeline, and some kids off the radar currently will step up and dominate to keep them in the Top 2. Haverford is loaded and probably the favorite, but should be a tight top 2. EA has some nice top end talent, but nowhere near the depth of MP and the Fords. ANC is doing a nice job of building and using boarding to help. Boarding isn't as much a slam dunk as some claim as Westtown thought they could build and board (as well as constantly saying your son could be the next Hakim Hicks) and instead can't even get average local talent let alone top level boarders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Malvern lost some top players in the country this year but they still have plenty of talent. I would agree that Haverford is the favorite. I think this is LaSalle's year in AAA. Allentown Central Catholic looks like they will be the team to beat in AA but don't count out WC Rustin....some great playmakers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 78 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard