BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 162 of 267 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax 2 best offensive players are not playing in the fall and may not be back at madlax. 1 is a hold back and the other is not.

Actually one of them played this weekend in Poolesville and did much of the scoring, but it was not enough. Talk about a team on the decline.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the five teams in Poolesville that are planning, hoping or rumored to be playing HoCo elite this spring, it looks like the rankings are:

Crabs
Leading Edge
Top Caliber
MadLax
FCA

It looked to me like all five teams had a lot of holdbacks judging by their size.

Not the best way to judge it. My kid is nearly a head taller than his entire team and he’s a January birthdate. It’s kind of annoying when people ask, as if to belittle his play.

Lots of the holdbacks I know are smaller, which is why they held back. Obviously not always true but…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2 best offensive players are not playing in the fall and may not be back at madlax. 1 is a hold back and the other is not.

Actually one of them played this weekend in Poolesville and did much of the scoring, but it was not enough. Talk about a team on the decline.

Of the five teams in Poolesville that are planning, hoping or rumored to be playing HoCo elite this spring, it looks like the rankings are:

Crabs
Leading Edge
Top Caliber
MadLax
FCA

It looked to me like all five teams had a lot of holdbacks judging by their size.

Madlax was missing players Saturday that played Sunday. Top Caliber did not beat a full Madlax team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Leading Edge
Top Caliber
MadLax
FCA

Madlax was missing players Saturday that played Sunday. Top Caliber did not beat a full Madlax team.

How do you think TC and ML would compare if both had full rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs scored 83 goals on the weekend.

Very athletic at every position - rotate poles through close and LSM interchangeably - new feeder from X is a game changer on Attack from them - two very strong face off kids - fast and relentless at midfield. Very impressive team - they are going to be tough to beat are in a different league from the rest.

I have to agree with this assessment; I did not see any weaknesses and the ball movement on offense was exceptional. The additions at X, FO and defense have definitely improved this team. It iwll be fun to see what they can do against the Hawks and teams like LI Express, Sweetlax, Towerman etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the holdback crying begin…this page should be sponsored by Kleenex

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Leading Edge
Top Caliber
MadLax
FCA

How do you think TC and ML would compare if both had full rosters?

A year or two ago MadLax was way better. Today it is a coin toss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has only 5 holdbacks (1 Att, 3 Middies, 1 pole). Not sure who is the offensive player(s) not playing this fall. All returned except two Attack (one was a holdback).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC can enjoy the win which will bring good vibes to the club. But a ML roster with two starting poles out and not all middies playing TC we be crushed. The FOGO for TC was excellent as was the goalie play. Saturday for ML was a playday... ML on Sunday was a different team with two middies back but still short poles and middie. TC will be welcomed to HOCO Elite with open arms. Bring it... should be fun!

Crabs FOGO and Attacks where great and again will be hard to beat. Big vs little is not going to go well for the little guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge is playing HoCo this Spring? They are located near Rutgers U...but they are coming to Howard County every weekend in the Spring? Hmmm...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you should say that Madlax didn't have everybody since one of the TC kids noticed his cousin was playing for Madlax 26s, when he's already a holdback on Madlax's 25 team. Obviously your a bitter MadLax parent who can't take the loss. Any kids that they were missing from their team was subsidized by their 25 team. As I recall a year ago their 26 team was kicked out of the Hersey Tournament for the same thing. Everybody assumed that since it was a MadLax Tournament it was expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs only beat leading edge by 1?
Wouldn’t crown them yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge is playing HoCo this Spring? They are located near Rutgers U...but they are coming to Howard County every weekend in the Spring? Hmmm...
Seriously? It would be easier to drive to Long Island and play just as good if not better lacrosse. 8 hours of driving every weekend for 1 game will get old real quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Leading Edge
Top Caliber
MadLax
FCA

Not the best way to judge it. My kid is nearly a head taller than his entire team and he’s a January birthdate. It’s kind of annoying when people ask, as if to belittle his play.

Lots of the holdbacks I know are smaller, which is why they held back. Obviously not always true but…

It may be annoying, but blame the epidemic of holdbacks that play in MD now. Shame that lacrosse has taken this route. Private Schools are the driver and have been since the clubs in MD went grade based 7/8 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs wont even beat 91 this year in HOCO!!! You heard it hear first!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re right!

You’re right! 91 won’t be in Elite division for them to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who will be in the elite division this spring? BY my count, in no particular order, these teams are hoping/expecting to be there. Twelve teams??

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you should say that Madlax didn't have everybody since one of the TC kids noticed his cousin was playing for Madlax 26s, when he's already a holdback on Madlax's 25 team. Obviously your a bitter MadLax parent who can't take the loss. Any kids that they were missing from their team was subsidized by their 25 team. As I recall a year ago their 26 team was kicked out of the Hersey Tournament for the same thing. Everybody assumed that since it was a MadLax Tournament it was expected.

Got your teams mixed up. ML DMV 26 could have possibly had some ML DMV 25's and ML CAP 25's. I do know for a fact ML DMV 25 had 3 ML CAP 25's playing since they didn't have a tournament this past weekend. ML CAP 26 had no guests or older ML CAP players.

You are correct the ML DMV 25/26 combine team was kicked down to the 25 B for playing in the 26 division at Hershey a few years ago.

No bitterness here just looking forward to TC playing in HOCO and we shall see how confident your boys are. My guess is the ML CAP 2026 team will be in full swing and don't think TC will finish with a win so enjoy this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? It would be easier to drive to Long Island and play just as good if not better lacrosse. 8 hours of driving every weekend for 1 game will get old real quick.

Less than 3 hr to Blandair. Weekend traffic to Suffolk is probably 3hr!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Less than 3 hr to Blandair. Weekend traffic to Suffolk is probably 3hr!

Plus Md has way better competition than LI . Not even close at 2026.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 will be handled with ease by Crabs. No contest this year. Crabs are the team to beat. Like the coach says...cant teach athleticism, speed and holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who will be in the elite division this spring? BY my count, in no particular order, these teams are hoping/expecting to be there. Twelve teams??

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack

Good list but need to add in True Annapolis Green. Highly doubt leading edge comes in but possible and don’t think Hoco has exclusions as long as they can play every Saturday. Early Spring tournaments will shake everything out. Don’t think TRW makes the jump, Top Caliber may come up but but would have to unseat a politically connected club like FCA or Next Level. They will not go to 12 teams but could go to 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack

I think this would work out well. Creat two divisions, each Division does pool play/playoff to determine first place. Each divisions sends their top team to championship game. Would make for great final year for this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack

Good list but need to add in True Annapolis Green. Highly doubt leading edge comes in but possible and don’t think Hoco has exclusions as long as they can play every Saturday. Early Spring tournaments will shake everything out. Don’t think TRW makes the jump, Top Caliber may come up but but would have to unseat a politically connected club like FCA or Next Level. They will not go to 12 teams but could go to 10.

PP here - I forgot about True - of course they belong on the list so actually there are 13 contenders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack

PP here - I forgot about True - of course they belong on the list so actually there are 13 contenders.

Is the Leading Edge thing a joke? They are driving from NJ every week? That seems insane.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, no reason to drive to Long Island to play. Only one good team to play at this age group. Better competition in MD. And you are kidding yourself with 3 hours of traffic. Long Island traffic is horrific coming and going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very athletic at every position - rotate poles through close and LSM interchangeably - new feeder from X is a game changer on Attack from them - two very strong face off kids - fast and relentless at midfield. Very impressive team - they are going to be tough to beat are in a different league from the rest.

Of course they’ll be tough to beat. They are a team full of boys who should be in 9th grade. They would have a tough time playing against kids their own age.
Only half full. Give their on age kids some credit. They are the team to beat, but to every human other than a Crab every win will have an asterisk next to it. Do what you got to do to win, but running up the scores with your starters all game, that’s your classiest move yet. Congrats Ryan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break. They have about 2-3 kids that are true 8th grade age. The rest should be in 9th or even old enough to be in 10th grade. Congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd take the drive from NJ to Columbia via 95S 10 times out of 10 vs the weekend drive to and from LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So who will be in the elite division this spring? BY my count, in no particular order, these teams are hoping/expecting to be there. Twelve teams??

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack[/

If this is Elite, who is going to be AAA. Some of these teams don’t belong in Elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they’ll be tough to beat. They are a team full of boys who should be in 9th grade. They would have a tough time playing against kids their own age.
Only half full. Give their on age kids some credit. They are the team to beat, but to every human other than a Crab every win will have an asterisk next to it. Do what you got to do to win, but running up the scores with your starters all game, that’s your classiest move yet. Congrats Ryan.

Outside of the parents on the Crabs they are laughing stock. Area High School coaches think it is overkill when you speak to them. Usually the Make A Wish situation is an admirable endeavor, but when you apply it to 2025 lacrosse kids letting them play 2026 it really cheapens the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So who will be in the elite division this spring? BY my count, in no particular order, these teams are hoping/expecting to be there. Twelve teams??

Crabs
Hawks
MadLax
Leading Edge
VLC
DC Express
Looneys
FCA
NextLevel
Top Caliber
TRW Wolfpack[/

If this is Elite, who is going to be AAA. Some of these teams don’t belong in Elite

2 of the bottom 3 will likely be in AAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling BS on this…HS coaches don’t care how old they are just how good. Nice try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some decent teams/tournaments this weekend in PA, MD, and DE. Good luck to all. Check out Tourney Machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling BS on this…HS coaches don’t care how old they are just how good. Nice try though

HS Coaches encourage holdbacks!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you were not there Ma'am. Playing time was evenly distributed; in fact they had LPs playing attack in most of the 2nd half of games and Middies taking FOs. Again the Crabs have no more holdbacks than any other team playing in the Elite Level; they are just better all around then most teams. So keep hating and keep making excuse to why your on age kids and holdbacks can not hang. #workethic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously you were not there Ma'am. Playing time was evenly distributed; in fact they had LPs playing attack in most of the 2nd half of games and Middies taking FOs. Again the Crabs have no more holdbacks than any other team playing in the Elite Level; they are just better all around then most teams. So keep hating and keep making excuse to why your on age kids and holdbacks can not hang. #workethic

#fakenews

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of the parents on the Crabs they are laughing stock. Area High School coaches think it is overkill when you speak to them. Usually the Make A Wish situation is an admirable endeavor, but when you apply it to 2025 lacrosse kids letting them play 2026 it really cheapens the organization.

What High School coaches are you talking about??? Sure isnt MIAA coaches. Everyone that has had a son play in MIAA has been a holdback. And birthday date is not a factor. One was a holdback by 8 months from Sept. It is what it is, but lets not act like the MIAA is an on age league by any stretch of the imagination.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPOT ON

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As stated, crabs will lose 2-3 HOCO spring league games

Like Reply Quote
Page 162 of 267 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 266 267